PDA

View Full Version : (REL) Pacific enviroment/ROW/Leovampire and Kriller2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Archie
10-24-07, 09:07 AM
MAN IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER. I better reinstall XP and get my butt back to work on the sound mods, Vista is flat our horrible, I went from 1680x1050 at 35 FPS on XP to 1280x768 at 15FPS on Vista. UPDATE Finally dual booting Vista and XP tak about alot of work.

You mean...."Vista is flat out horrible, in my experience having it on my computer."

Not so for many....like me... who get 75fps, no matter the action and find Vista to be more than acceptable ...and very stable, btw

Zero complaints about Vista from me, same deal for me Canonicus :up:

Torps
10-24-07, 01:39 PM
MAN IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER. I better reinstall XP and get my butt back to work on the sound mods, Vista is flat our horrible, I went from 1680x1050 at 35 FPS on XP to 1280x768 at 15FPS on Vista. UPDATE Finally dual booting Vista and XP tak about alot of work.

You mean...."Vista is flat out horrible, in my experience having it on my computer."

Not so for many....like me... who get 75fps, no matter the action and find Vista to be more than acceptable ...and very stable, btw

It could be the graphics card 1950xtx and the drivers. I did a fresh install of Vista, I mean I had minimal programs on there really, plenty of HD space and sometimes the game would freeze after I hit F12 in the command room. Ironically if I changed the resolution to something like 1280x768 and then load the game hit F12 go to external view, then change it back to 1680x1050 exit the game and run it again, it would NOT freeze! It is weird. It did not really matter what resolution I was on, because the game for me was unplayable at any widescreen resolution on vista.

It is strange also no matter what Catalyst I use after 7.4 in XP, frame rates just flatout drop and I do not understand why.With this new XP install im getting well over 45FPS. In Vista I tried everything from 7.2 upto 7.10 and no luck thats why I reached my conclusion about the poor performance, I realize it could be my video card. I guess until I get a new card I have to stick with Cat 7.4 XP

leovampire
10-24-07, 04:26 PM
To all the guy's on this project and testers:

I am sorry it is taking me so long to get the new work out to all of you from the screen shot's I have posted.

Because I am reverse enginiering how the game does the sun set and sun rise colors in the game I also have to reverse enginier how the sun's halo also works in the game.

Due to this it is a slow process and in the past few day's alone I have loaded and stoped the game more than 50 times trying to get it right.

I understand everyone's frustration over this slow process but it just can't be helped at the moment.

As soon as I have it ready I will get this out to everyone ASAP. Of course Kriller2, Jaketoox and l3th4l will get it first then out to the testers.

Dave

Aniuk
10-24-07, 04:41 PM
Finally. no more excuses for me. I can hunt the japs for a few days. Don't have to worry about updates. Have my machine and the 8800 gts running smoothly (lots of trials and errors) and windows vista gives me no more trouble. Love the mod(s). Please take your time with your mod. Never, never in my career as a computer enthousiast (just build my 6th computer) have i seen a commercial alpha release on such high standards as the TM and ROW mods.

Please, donot rush yourself or apologize for the great work so far. The screenshots just show that there is something to look foreward to (and that is part of the fun)

thanks! Aniuk:up:

Defiance
10-24-07, 05:27 PM
Hiya's,
Dave aka Leovampire, Darn man take your time your not on a deadline, I think i can speak for all of us here when i say take your time and don't flog yourself

We can wait for the goodies, After all they're so good damn the waits nothing, Just glad people like you are still around game/sim forums that do all this to benefit us lesser souls who can't :)

Only when you yourself and the testers are fully happy let us have it, It's nice to have posts and shots like the ones you've posted (keyboard's kinda used to my drool i thinks now anyways lol)

Chill Relax and go easy ;)

Take Care

Ciao

Def (Anthony)

ReallyDedPoet
10-24-07, 06:11 PM
Take your time Dave, we can wait :yep::up:

RDP

MONOLITH
10-24-07, 06:42 PM
Leo..the worst thing that can happen is frustration and burnout. I know what it's like to restart this thing 50 times trying to get something right. I can't stand it.

This is supposed to be fun for you.

When it stops being fun, you will end up stopping as well.

Slow down, take your time, enjoy it.

That's the way it should be.

baxter
10-24-07, 07:38 PM
Leovampire, don't worry about how long anything takes...work as good as your's is well worth waiting for!

letterboy1
10-24-07, 08:35 PM
Yeah Leo, try to relax. Also take a look at that 1.4 changelog thread. They might be changing the water rendering in the next patch so maybe some of your work will be affected . . . you might want to hold back a little.

Torps
10-24-07, 09:36 PM
Dave, slow down man. Dont burn yourself out, take a night off atleast.

SteveW1
10-25-07, 03:03 AM
Hi guys I hope someone here might be able to help me out with a file that seems to have disappeared on me.

ConFlagShoreDefenses.DDS

It goes in the Data/Menu/Gui/RecManual Folder

I've just updated to the TM1.6.4 Mod and have updated a few features here as well, when loading the game stops and says this file is missing I hit enter and the game contiues loading and plays fine.

Any help or Ideas are appreciated

Defiance
10-25-07, 07:33 AM
Hiya's,
SteveW1,

I am running latest TM and have not got that file in that folder (mine show cov not con etc)

Had some CTD's with certain sequence installs with latest TM, This is my latest jsgme install sequence and so far no crashes and no crashes when i go from internal views to external (happened when i was in time compression, But never had external view crashes before so messed around with mod sequences)

Anyways here's pic, All i can suggest is remove mods and maybe try the latest TM download again and redo them, You could try sequence above just ignore mods your not running

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/gumpygumpy/?action=view&current=latestsequenceinstall.jpg

Maybe someone else has had the same prob and knows the fix and will post

But above maybe worth a try

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

leovampire
10-25-07, 02:37 PM
Hi guys I hope someone here might be able to help me out with a file that seems to have disappeared on me.

ConFlagShoreDefenses.DDS

It goes in the Data/Menu/Gui/RecManual Folder

I've just updated to the TM1.6.4 Mod and have updated a few features here as well, when loading the game stops and says this file is missing I hit enter and the game contiues loading and plays fine.

Any help or Ideas are appreciated

I do not have any mod that has a shore defence listing in the REC manual nor does ROW have anything in it that goes there.

Sounds to me like a mod that Tater was involved in as he is the only one I know of that is doing any thing with shore batteries.

I would send a PM to Tater and ask him about it.

Good luck in your search though. That is the COVER flag your looking for BTW

leovampire
10-25-07, 03:06 PM
I apreciate the kind word's of advice but I am a work aholic and keep on it day and night anyways till I like the way it looks. If I dont like the way it looks in my own game I am not a happy camper.

Just wanted to give everyone a sit rep on what is going on so I don't get PM bombarded asking when it will be available that is all.

Not complaigning at all as long as I am learning something new in the process it is all good to me! :D

I go back and forth between :damn: :rock: :damn: :up: :damn: :oops: :sunny:

All the time in the work I am doing like most Modder's wish things happend over night but it just isn't possable.

Anyways thanks everyone and will have something soon for the testers and guys working in and on this mod. I hope!!!! :rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
10-25-07, 03:25 PM
I like what I have now:D. If it is going to get better.....please take your time!

horrgakx
10-26-07, 02:09 AM
Good stuff, will give this a go.

However, you need a proof reader for your first post... I can offer to do it for you if you wish? Heaps & heaps of spelling and grammatical corrections needed.

SteveW1
10-26-07, 02:15 AM
Thanks Leo and Defiance, looks like my typing or my eyesight is failing me, it was COV not CON and its a file in Taters ICL Mod, Managed to find it after going through a lot of hair pulling and thinking I was going nuts.

Leo the ROW mod is looking better all the time I wouldn't even consider playing stock ever again.

Take all the time you need.

Defiance
10-26-07, 06:20 AM
Hiya's,
Thought i may as well post here

New DX9 Update available

May as well grab it from the usual site/s guys/gals

Came out yesterday as such

Happy Hunting

Have Fun

Def

tonschk
10-26-07, 06:31 AM
Sorry obout my lack of knowledge , but where i can find the link to download , living breathing ocean and reflections on the water , it looks like this two mods are related , are the same ?, or are different ?,which is the difference ?, because both are connected with the water.thank you for your help . Please can you tell me why are a big group of mods with the first letter "ROW" ? thanks

MONOLITH
10-26-07, 07:14 AM
Living breathing ocean should probably be removed at this point.

Reflections on the water IS Living breathing ocean, with further enhancements. Everything that is in LBO, is in ROW, with even more improvements. Forget LBO, and just install ROW.

tonschk
10-26-07, 08:01 AM
thank you for your help , i download ( not installed ) a few "ROW" files inside the MODS folder of SH4, actually are there but are not installed working yet , please can you tellme how to install , i have low experience knowledge with this download installation tasks , thank you very much

MONOLITH
10-26-07, 08:11 AM
Go to page#1 of this thread. There is a picture of the JSGME screen, and it shows the correct order to enable the ROW folders.

tonschk
10-26-07, 08:53 AM
Sorry , may be i dont explain properly , the few "ROW" files are inside the MODS folder of my SH4 game but are not yet in a ready working way , may be I must unzip this files before can use them ,I have the 7-zip to unzip this files , but when i try to open the files to install this "ROW"files , in the available prograns to open ( install )the files the 7-zip program is not there , you told me something about the order of the "ROW" mods but i think is not important the order in which the mods are located inside the JSGME utility when I open the JSGME utility the "ROW" files are not there

Defiance
10-26-07, 11:36 AM
Hiya',
From the top ..........

Goto SH4 install folder until you come to "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific" assuming your on "C:"

You will see Files with these 3 Folders > Data-Registration Reminder-Support And a 4th "MODS" if jsgme is installed

Now the ROW etc whether 7zip/rar etc , You unzip/rar to that new DATA folder

Now ROW etc are in mods folder Un-zipped/rarred you can make a shortcut to jsgme to wherever and open jsgme up

Now mods inside jsgme will show on left side, To have them Working you add them using the top arrow button (enabled if you will) to the right side

Some mods may have a choice of folders to choose from for a jsgme install EG: Chronometer with 3 face color choices, So you would choose which color you want and then add just that color/folder (this is just to explain for future if you ever come across such like mods)

Hope this helps

Any probs come back and we'll sort you out

Ohh welcome to the forum :)

Have Fun

Def

Doolittle81
10-26-07, 11:46 AM

New DX9 Update available
What do you mean, DX9 Update? SH4 comes with DX9 graphics... I'm, of course, hoping for a DX10 Upgrade at some time in the future

May as well grab it from the usual site/s guys/gals
Is this a secret code for a secret site?

In a nutshell, your post has me a bit confused...

Defiance
10-26-07, 11:47 AM
Hiya's,
2 links to show you what i mean

1 is install directory with the created "mods" folder for jsgme

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/gumpygumpy/1-2.jpg

2 Is inside the actual mods folder (order means nowt here it only does when activatied from jsgme eg: Row Install order) ohh and ignore some items as i have xp/vista show hidden stuff (super-hidden in vista rather lol)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/gumpygumpy/2.jpg

Have Fun

Def

Defiance
10-26-07, 11:51 AM
Doolittle81,
It's a DirectX 9C Update, Kinda like dx9 to dx9c

Not a new version it's just a latest "patch/update"

Use windose update or google and get it

Running it fine here on xp

Will do vista when i re-install on partition

Ciao

Def

Ohh it's dated Nov 2007, Don't panic they shoved it out early eg 25th of this mth (Oct)

Here try this link it's the "redistribution" instructions below on this page

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

If no links allows Mods just delete or pm and i'll remove link :)

leovampire
10-26-07, 06:02 PM
sun rise:

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/ipakcegbgd.thumb500.jpg

Sun set:

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/xafubklmzw.thumb500.jpg

It is taking time but you get the point of what we are trying to do

MONOLITH
10-26-07, 06:13 PM
Here try this link it's the "redistribution" instructions below on this page

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

Thanks Defiance. I'm grabbing this too. :up:

Defiance
10-26-07, 06:24 PM
Hiya's,No ill-effects for me in vista or xp monolith just a small update i guess from the dx peopleDarn Sir those screenies look abfab or as we say here over the pond the dogs dangliesWell i'm off to have a run as i've found a large enemy taskforce (err rather i almost ran into them in very stormy weather lol) Have Fun AllAdiosDef

dkunath
10-26-07, 06:27 PM
Unzipped all of the ROW files except for Ship Reflections using 7Zip. When trying to unsip SR's I'm informed that its an unsupported file. Have downloaded it twice from 2 different sites. Anyone else have this problem, and is the Ship Relfections file now corrupt?

Dwayne

tonschk
10-26-07, 06:30 PM
I am trying to unzip the ROW files, but is not so easy , i must download The ROW mods that I want to install to the mods folder or to the DATA folder ? , I already download some ROW , and are now in the MODS folder , but are not normal , they are not yellow folder colour like the backup folder, this ROW files are represented in the MODS folder like one white square box inside another white square box with three dots of differents colours inside the central box and i cannot install this ROW files

leovampire
10-26-07, 06:40 PM
Unzipped all of the ROW files except for Ship Reflections using 7Zip. When trying to unsip SR's I'm informed that its an unsupported file. Have downloaded it twice from 2 different sites. Anyone else have this problem, and is the Ship Relfections file now corrupt?

Dwayne

Then I unziped them with Win rar and win zip and 7'zs zip worked with each of them and the files are there. So I don't understand what the problem might be on your end.

I know Vista can give you a hard time unless you are listed and or loged in as Administrator but I use XP so I can not confirm that just info I have read on the forum.

WilhelmTell
10-26-07, 06:46 PM
sun rise:

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/ipakcegbgd.thumb500.jpg

Sun set:

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/xafubklmzw.thumb500.jpg

It is taking time but you get the point of what we are trying to do

This looks great, Leo ! I think the sun is much brighter than before. I like that. :up:

baxter
10-26-07, 07:15 PM
The sun rise and sun set look great!! The sun does look brighter...incredibly real.

Hartmann
10-26-07, 07:42 PM
Really impressive !

itīs still a beta or is now a released mod ?? :hmm:

leovampire
10-26-07, 07:54 PM
Really impressive !

itīs still a beta or is now a released mod ?? :hmm:

Now that I know the game dosn't need set angles for the sun in 15 deg incriments like I originaly thought I am now working on finding some happy mediums on when sky color's come into play vs the sun's riseing and setting.

Before I always went in 0 15 30 45 60 75 and 90 sun possitions for color changes and light angles.

Now I am working with finer numbers to get differn't changes. 0.5 1 5 15 30 things like that so I can control the color changes better vs the sun's riseing possition.

And for the setting of the sun just the oposit both in numbers and sky colors.

2 3 3 5 for rise and -4 -3 -2 -2 for the settings of the sun with new combinations I didn't know was possable to use in game and have it use them I can now change how the sun set's and rise's look.

But to do this I have to reverse engineier everything I did for the mod to start with from when the sun halo starts and end's to when light over the horizon starts to make the sky brighter and star's fade out and also the oposit for the sun set's.

A little complicated as you can see. I need more available settings than the game has to make it perfect but for now I am trying to get it to smooth out as much as possable.

Of course if it wasn't for Kriller2 and Jaketoox working with me in making new sky textures so I can create this effect it would never happen but the idea's and work is flowing better now I think between us all.

This will be for the Beta Release.

Defiance
10-27-07, 04:43 AM
Hiya's,
About 7zip, Good util no doubt but for this try the latest winrar, You can get it from google and there's a free trial

Now d-load row stuff and save to wherever you feel ok finding them

Now you want to unzip/rar/7zip them into eg : .......

C:\program files\ubisoft\silent hunter 4 wolves of the pacific\MODS

Now the row files are in the jsgme made MODS folder and are waiting your activation

Then goto jsgme and they should show on the LEFT, To activate mods you use the symbol to activate them by moving them to the RIGHT

Once on the RIGHT hand side they are active when sh4 is used

Best not have jsgme open/running while you unzip etc to the MODS folder

Hope that makes it easier for you

Ohh to be sure, The jsgme symbol is kinda like a grey round gizmo (love the word gizmo lol)

Can you check you have the jsgme .exe symbol in the main sh4 folder NOT in the MODS folder it's made/makes, jsgme you run after you d-load it eg to desktop, Then you copy/paste the grey icon/symbol .exe to the sh4 folder, Then as you run it from there it creates it's MODS folder, That's all, There's no need to do anything else other than make a shortcut for it to save you wading into sh4 folder to use/remove/delete mods ;)

Hope this helps

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

Probex
10-27-07, 12:09 PM
What happens if I install the "ROW Zone's and Special effect's:" without installing the Sinking Mechanics mod? I think that the zones.cfg file has all the new compartment parameters meant for the SM 3.3, but can it work with the stock game?
It would be nice to have a blend of Hitpoints and improved flooding together.

Thanks.

dkunath
10-27-07, 05:26 PM
I am using XP. Downloaded lastist Winrar and it worked in unzipping Ships Reflections. Don't understand why 7Zip wasn't able to unzip it while it did fine with the other Row files.

Anyway, great mod!

Dwayne

leovampire
10-27-07, 05:53 PM
I used the NSM Zone's file for a base on adding the new special effect's that ROW makes and this Zone file has compartment's in it for ship's that do not exsit in the stock game. Wernersab managed to seperate some of the ships from the rest of them in the game so more ship's will sink differntly from others.

I plan on making a zone file from and for the stock game without having to need the NSM mod just havn't gotten around to it as of yet.

Ducimus has changed T.M. in the newest release and no longer uses NSM at all. So if you are running the newest T.M. then you have to add it on top of ROW and you will lose some of the special effect's created for this mod because Duci is now using a slightly modified original stock zone's file and original zon files for all the ships.

So if you want the newest vs of T.M. add ROW first then let T.M. over write anything JSGME says it will over write.

When I have time I will add more type's of zone's file's to download and work with T.M. and or a stock game without Natural Sinking Mechanic's.

Duci had to change things in his mod to make it work okay with ROW and the way he wanted his mod to work and now I have to make extra thing's to make all of the effect's work with T.M. due to his changes.

At the time when we set up this mod NSM was the hotest set up for sinking ship's and now that T.M. no longer uses NSM I have to make changes to work with his new set up.

Probex
10-27-07, 11:25 PM
Rgr. Thanks for your explanation.

NSM 3.3 seems to work as advertised but sometimes the ships do behave strangely and need many more torps than is sensible (Mogami for example). That's why it would be nice if NSM in addition still had a points system to ensure a sinking when the flooding system goes awry.

S!

Melonfish
10-28-07, 07:59 AM
Hi, quick question, is there a way to speed up the camera mod (v1) so its the same speed as the stock camera?
i love the mod but i can't be doing with the low sensetivity.
anyone know the control file for the speed?
pete

clayp
10-28-07, 11:45 AM
I'm having the same problem as Cdrsubron7 where do I get a new newfire_add.dds file???

leovampire
10-28-07, 02:44 PM
I posted the problem one guy had and a new download link for just those file's in his thread for the fire. But here it is anyways.

http://files.filefront.com/People+with+fire+and+oil+srar/;8911494;/fileinfo.html

clayp and Cdrsubron7

I changed it so that the particles materials and textures are in just this one folder. NO this does not include the new work I am doing sorry but you have to wait for that.

leovampire
10-28-07, 02:49 PM
Hi, quick question, is there a way to speed up the camera mod (v1) so its the same speed as the stock camera?
i love the mod but i can't be doing with the low sensetivity.
anyone know the control file for the speed?
pete

Was so you could set up your walking the deck view of other ship's a lot easier.

But if you hold down the shift key and move the camera for any of the view's it move's fast.

We try to accomidate everyone but making 5 6 or 7 or more camera's to accomidate everyone isn't very cool might as well make it just a camera mod.

If you want use the S3D editor and look at the original Camera.dat file in the Library section of your game and then compair it to our's and see what the difference's are. Or PM l3th4l and ask him seeing he made the camera part of this mod.

clayp
10-28-07, 03:22 PM
I posted the problem one guy had and a new download link for just those file's in his thread for the fire. But here it is anyways.

http://files.filefront.com/firetexturezip/;8873993;/fileinfo.html

clayp and Cdrsubron7

Thanks Vamp,you da man.....:up:

Digital_Trucker
10-28-07, 04:23 PM
@Melonfish If by chance you were talking about the free camera, here is where you need to change the values.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/digital_trucker/sh4/10-28-2007-52001PM.jpg

If you were talking about any other camera, just find the one you want and change the same value for the camera you wanted.

clayp
10-28-07, 04:38 PM

clayp and Cdrsubron7

Leo I installed those files and it did not help the problem,any other ideas?:cry:

leovampire
10-28-07, 05:01 PM

clayp and Cdrsubron7

Leo I installed those files and it did not help the problem,any other ideas?:cry:

This includes the Particles file Materials file and the Textures for the file's.

If someone could please find out why this is happening from time to time I would apreciate the help here.

1000 download's of these file's and 25 people that have come up with this problem over time so far.

This does not include the new work that is not ready for release yet just original files.

Also as a sugestion make sure you are using Normal textures in your game. Texture Quality High is ON.
Or you MUST make sure you set up the mod's texture's to work in the TLowRes file's of the game as well.

http://files.filefront.com/People+with+fire+and+oil+srar/;8911494;/fileinfo.html

clayp
10-28-07, 10:12 PM
You lost me,I put the 2 files in the folders they belong in...

leovampire
10-29-07, 01:30 AM
It isn't just like the last file's.

#1 contains all the fix's for the conning tower gray reflection problems.

#2 it has the work from Kapitain_zur_see for the sub's under water bubble's

#3 Enhanced Caustic effect's for the sub's which is the reflection of water
and waves vs light bouncing off the sub's hull.

#4 they also now contain a new sub Roll and Pitch enhancment for the ruffer
waters so if your using our camera mod well Barff bucket time is all I will say.

#5 Also contains the changes Duciums made for the Sub's batteries endurance
So it is okay to replace and or over write those file's from T.M.

Enjoy guy's!

Just one of the many new improvment's being worked on for all of you from this team.

The ship enhancment's should be done soon.

You can disable the old Sub reflection file you have.

This is also posted on the main thread page for the release.

Dave

http://files.filefront.com/ROW+Sub+Reflections+and+Rod7z/;8913778;/fileinfo.html

Bill Nichols
10-29-07, 03:16 AM
Gotta say I love the new ship motions, they're much closer to what I remember from being surfaced in nasty weather. Now, I truly feel like I'm on a small sub in a large ocean.

:up:

leovampire
10-29-07, 03:28 AM
Gotta say I love the new ship motions, they're much closer to what I remember from being surfaced in nasty weather. Now, I truly feel like I'm on a small sub in a large ocean.

Wait till your under water and a Depth charge goes off near the sub and your in the inside view's.

Talk about a sub and you being rocked around using the camera mod from ROW.

Melonfish
10-29-07, 04:16 AM
@Melonfish If by chance you were talking about the free camera, here is where you need to change the values.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/digital_trucker/sh4/10-28-2007-52001PM.jpg

If you were talking about any other camera, just find the one you want and change the same value for the camera you wanted.

Awesome dude thank you!
pete

ReallyDedPoet
10-29-07, 11:55 AM
Nice work on the new stuff LV :yep::up:

RDP

FooFighters
10-29-07, 01:33 PM

waters so if your using our camera mod well Barff bucket time is all I will say.

Enjoy guy's!

Just one of the many new improvment's being worked on for all of you from this team.

Dave

http://files.filefront.com/ROW+Sub+Reflections+and+Rod7z/;8913778;/fileinfo.html

FANTASTIC WORK !

Just tried it, and the movements are awesome..
Just like Bill Haley, Shake, rattle and roll..

Ducimus
10-29-07, 01:52 PM

Enjoy guy's!

Dave

FANTASTIC WORK !

Just tried it, and the movements are awesome..
Just like Bill Haley, Shake, rattle and roll..

Ditto, i love this.

Weather-guesser
10-29-07, 08:47 PM
Outstanding LV! Just in time for a new HP for me. Moving from an ATI 1300X to an Nvidia Geforce 8300 GS and a from an Athlon xp 3000+ to Intel 2 Duo E4500...gotta get down this new Nvidia control panel and give the latest ROW a whirl!!! :rock: :rock:

leovampire
10-29-07, 09:04 PM
Is the idea and or concept of a totaly differn't sun rise and sun set appealing to the comunity at large? This is what I would like to do for the mod but I want to see how you all like the idea seeing this is for all of us.

http://pennywashere.typepad.com/photos/japan_2001/mt_fuji_sunrise_9.jpg

http://www.allmyeye.com/images/pcd/pcd0195/sunset-cliffs-one.3.jpghttp://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/nkvjygygbb.thumb250.jpg (http://gallery.filefront.com/reflections//811130/)

I love the idea of this for my own game and think it would be awsome but am I the only one that would like to see this happen?

Torps
10-29-07, 09:31 PM
:up: I like your pics and try to do that

Defiance
10-29-07, 09:33 PM
Hiya,
Err i am with you on this one skipper he he

Looks tooting great

I for one would love sunset/rises like those :)

And i don't think you would see any opposition from the guys/gals using what you and your mod group create ;)

Magical looking for sure :)

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

clayp
10-29-07, 09:38 PM
That is BEAUTIFULLY OUTSTANDING Leo....:up: Great pictures....:sunny:

donut
10-29-07, 10:57 PM
Looks hazy,but normal from A/C .We seldom get this high in the Sub:rotfl: http://pennywashere.typepad.com/photos/japan_2001/mt_fuji_sunrise_9.jpg
Beautiful,but looks like a picture,have not seen such small peaks in game,stunning !:up:
http://www.allmyeye.com/images/pcd/pcd0195/sunset-cliffs-one.3.jpg
Leo,you have got to know,we love your teams effort.:sunny:

leovampire
10-29-07, 11:02 PM
http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/rmfdjmwhoh.thumb500.jpg http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/bvtkstairv.thumb500.jpg

Torps
10-30-07, 12:38 AM
http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/rmfdjmwhoh.thumb500.jpg http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/bvtkstairv.thumb500.jpg

Tease us some more why don't you :up:

DrBeast
10-30-07, 04:20 AM
Ok, I think I'm gonna go rob a bank or something...I :damn:NEED :damn:A :damn:NEW :damn:PC :damn:!!!

Uh...I'm fine now...as you were!

Ok, seriously now, regarding different sunrise/sunsets, I'm usually inclined to say "your ship, your call". But damn those look too stunning not to be shared! Even though I probably won't enjoy them on my antiquated piece of no good %$#$!

Robbing a bank...hmm...

ReallyDedPoet
10-30-07, 07:11 AM
Mods, lock this thread please.....

I can't take it :damn::damn:, the latest ROW pics are to dissruptive to my work and will lead to me getting fired :o:o

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/bvtkstairv.thumb500.jpg

Seriously, that is some great work LV :up::up:

RDP

MONOLITH
10-30-07, 07:16 AM
Is the idea and or concept of a totaly differn't sun rise and sun set appealing to the comunity at large?

Absolutely, yes.

Amazing stuff leo.

Cap'n Spanky
10-30-07, 08:01 AM
Is the idea and or concept of a totaly differn't sun rise and sun set appealing to the comunity at large? This is what I would like to do for the mod but I want to see how you all like the idea seeing this is for all of us.

I love the idea of this for my own game and think it would be awsome but am I the only one that would like to see this happen?

Count me in.....:yep: awsome work to date Leo! Thanks much man..:up:

kriller2
10-30-07, 11:10 AM

Looks much better, keep up the good work!

leovampire
10-30-07, 03:13 PM
That is the sun set work so far. I will be posting screen shot's for the sun rise soon.

If will go from a light orange dawn to the bright yellow then the blue no red's or anything in it.

Just after the sun goes down the sky goes from a light red to a purpleish color then dark.

For the sun rise the sky starts off as a very light orange out of the darkness until the sun come's up then the changes happen.

We just need to work on the blue sky color a bit because it is light enough to change the sun halo color.

And the night sky is dark as it should be. When the moon is up there is just enough light from it but dark with out a moon is dark as it should be and is in real life. So no moon and it is not easy to see. Dark and fog OMG forget it with out a nav map you will never see the land.

leovampire
10-30-07, 04:00 PM
But the last one will have more yellow in it soon being worked on now.

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/ghrpnasswd.thumb500.jpg
http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/pxcbbgovsr.thumb500.jpg
http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/jwqqjvdmge.thumb500.jpg
http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/hyvszucwqc.thumb500.jpg
http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/viehtqltlo.thumb500.jpg

So anyways as you can see the sun set's and sun rise's are now totaly differn't in color's and how they work.

FooFighters
10-30-07, 04:04 PM
But the last one will have more yellow in it soon being worked on now.

So anyways as you can see the sun set's and sun rise's are now totaly differn't in color's and how they work.

I love it.. great work !
:sunny:

clayp
10-30-07, 04:05 PM
That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Leo.......:up:

clayman
10-30-07, 04:21 PM
:sunny: Fantastic Leo!! :sunny:

From low burnt orange, to yellow gold to blazing hot white ... NICE!

Besides the sun ... the same range of colors you see in a kiln on it's way up and down! ;)

Torps
10-30-07, 07:00 PM
WOW:huh: Um yah thats WOW:huh:

baxter
10-30-07, 07:51 PM
Beautiful...amazing!!

leovampire
10-30-07, 08:10 PM
I can't wait for cloud's in my game so I can see how it work's there as well.

In the mean time we are working hard to make it as perfect as possable before it is in your hand's.

momo55
10-30-07, 09:12 PM

Enjoy guy's!

Dave

First of all Leo ....those latest pic's ....just beautiful :up:

Some feedback on #4 : the new roll and pitch enhancment for the ruffer waters....
To be clear ..i never served on a sub ...so i'm no expert on what there motions etc. are and where.

Buth ..what i experienced this evening reminded me of the first ship i served on ...a
MSI (Mine Sweeper Inshore) Wooden ship length:112' Beam:23' draft:8' speed:15 Kts displacement: 120 t armament:one twin 20mm oerliken
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1968/merksem2us1.jpg
Not bigger than a fleetsub i think and no escape from ruffer seas ...been in a 10 beaufort storm in the channel in '74 with the M477 oudenaarde ...but that's a whole other story.
Well Leo ..the roll is very close to RL experience i had on these shiptype.
The pitch ...i'm still not shure ...i feld that one more in the stomac i suppose:lol:....
I mis a few things ....howling(is this the correct word ?) of the wind ....bigger splaches and the noise of that bowsplash ....wait ..have a pic of a MSI in ruffer waters somewhere.....
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5259/msiwavefunps4.jpg
See wath i mean ? If you could make that splash in front bigger in the game ..it would maby increas the feel of the pitch ....

This is what i have seen in game ....
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1117/splashkebr4.png
I am a very happy SH4(TM&ROW) player and i am happy with wath i have now ....so please see al the above as positively meant input ...just my 2 Eurocents

sry for my basic english ...i hope it make sence;)

leovampire
10-30-07, 09:23 PM

Enjoy guy's!

Dave

First of all Leo ....those latest pic's ....just beautiful :up:

Some feedback on #4 : the new roll and pitch enhancment for the ruffer waters....
To be clear ..i never served on a sub ...so i'm no expert on what there motions etc. are and where.

Buth ..what i experienced this evening reminded me of the first ship i served on ...a
MSI (Mine Sweeper Inshore) Wooden ship length:112' Beam:23' draft:8' speed:15 Kts displacement: 120 t armament:one twin 20mm oerliken
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1968/merksem2us1.jpg
Not bigger than a fleetsub i think and no escape from ruffer seas ...been in a 10 beaufort storm in the channel in '74 with the M477 oudenaarde ...but that's a whole other story.
Well Leo ..the roll is very close to RL experience i had on these shiptype.
The pitch ...i'm still not shure ...i feld that one more in the stomac i suppose:lol:....
I mis a few things ....howling(is this the correct word ?) of the wind ....bigger splaches and the noise of that bowsplash ....wait ..have a pic of a MSI in ruffer waters somewhere.....
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5259/msiwavefunps4.jpg
See wath i mean ? If you could make that splash in front bigger in the game ..it would maby increas the feel of the pitch ....

This is what i have seen in game ....
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1117/splashkebr4.png
I am a very happy SH4(TM&ROW) player and i am happy with wath i have now ....so please see al the above as positively meant input ...just my 2 Eurocents

sry for my basic english ...i hope it make sence;)

I actualy did see control's for this in teh Sub file's just never dawned on me with all I am doing.

I will see about enhancing them for the ruffer waters I have no doubt it is possable to do.

Great sugestion and input BTW never thought of it till you said it even though I saw the place's in the sub file's to do this.

Just to let you know this is not an over night thing there are Lot's of control's for this and none of them are labled well so it will be trial and error to find the right one's without a 3D creation program to pinpoint where these are linked to on the sub.

Angus89
10-30-07, 10:23 PM
So sub reflections with roll takes the place of subreflections vs1?

leovampire
10-30-07, 10:26 PM
So sub reflections with roll takes the place of subreflections vs1?

This has advanced work with the reflection's plus a roll enhancment that the other sub reflection file didn't have.

MONOLITH
10-30-07, 10:59 PM
Just a heads up leovampire, the new sub roll files conflict with the "realistic battery life" mod.

leovampire
10-30-07, 11:17 PM
Just a heads up leovampire, the new sub roll files conflict with the "realistic battery life" mod.

For under water endurance so I figured it would be enough. Is this something new or old for a mod?

leovampire
10-31-07, 12:06 AM
That Torps got to me that I am sifting through and testing in game to see what sounds and seem's to be the best.

He has been working on them since I first anounced it and got a big file to me with a lot of choices and enhancment's.

Like so many things going on here it is a work in progress for the mod.

As soon as things are done and settled on new stuff will become available for download's.

Much cleaner sounds for gun's with some base to them and more. Creak's for the sub that echo and beter ambiant wind's and shore sounds and much much more.

And one for the sub's deck gun that is awsome. I found it in one of my game's and he added some base to it with a bit if a travel sound extention.

Anyway's as soon as I get permission for one thing I will release the new sound effect's download.

So thank Torps for all his hard work guy's.

It is now 3:18 a.m. I am off to bed good night everyone.

clayp
10-31-07, 09:05 AM
THANK YOU TORPS!!!!!!!!!!AND OF COURSE LEOV!!!!!!!!.......:up:

Wilcke
10-31-07, 09:37 AM
Question, for anyone.....

With the new Sub Reflections file.....I noticed that Trigger Maru 1.6.4 is over writing a bunch of sub dat and turm files....am I to understand that this is now just not compatible?

I hope I am wrong, can someone please post a "new" install of ROW with the latest iteration of TM? I know that Ducimus posted the install order when he released his latest TM. But the new Sub Reflections has left me a bit puzzled.

Maybe roll back to TM 1.6.2? Then use the new Sub Reflection?

Thanks!

Wilcke

java`s revenge
10-31-07, 12:53 PM
Wilcke,

Firstly install the trigger maru mod and then all the other mods.

ReallyDedPoet
10-31-07, 01:05 PM
Wilcke,

Firstly install the trigger maru mod and then all the other mods.

Actually in the Trigger Thread, Row is installed first then the new Trigger, not sure about the latest Sub Reflections though :hmm: Maybe best to post in Trigger
or PM Ducimus :yep:

RDP

Defiance
10-31-07, 01:09 PM
Hiya RDP,
I now have row after latest TM and the new sub reflections work great, He said in TM post he made it ROW Compatable so i overwrote but everythings fine so far

The reflections carve their way down the side of the sub kinda like tiger stripes, So hypnotic lol

Have Fun

Def

Wilcke
10-31-07, 03:19 PM
Hiya RDP,
I now have row after latest TM and the new sub reflections work great, He said in TM post he made it ROW Compatable so i overwrote but everythings fine so far

The reflections carve their way down the side of the sub kinda like tiger stripes, So hypnotic lol

Have Fun

Def

Thanks RDP and all others,

So you pulled the Sub Reflections out and installed that over the top of TM 1.6.4? OK will give that a go and start a "42 career.

Kind of want to leave Ducimus alone, he has plenty on his plate.

Thanks

Wilcke

Oh man that Sound Man is ugly!

leovampire
10-31-07, 04:47 PM
Hiya RDP,

Have Fun

Def

Thanks RDP and all others,

So you pulled the Sub Reflections out and installed that over the top of TM 1.6.4? OK will give that a go and start a "42 career.

Kind of want to leave Ducimus alone, he has plenty on his plate.

Thanks

Wilcke

Oh man that Sound Man is ugly!

I sent a PM to Ducimus and found out what he changed in the Sub file's then added it to the newest work for the sub's here. So you install the new Sub work on top of T.M..

Duciums does not intend to update download's for T.M. until after the new patch comes out but I am not going to stop work and providing new update's.

The only problem with T.M. is he forgot the fire and oil slik textures needed from this mod. So the texture file's also have to be put on top of T.M. or you will end up with a large pixl type fire in your game.

So the ROW textures and the ROW Sub's have to be added after or on top of Triger Maru.

swdw
11-01-07, 12:06 AM
Leo,

Since you need to mod the sub's .sim files to get some of your effects, and after the PM's on CoG, I was wondering . . .

It looks like ROW will be the controlling mod for other mods to a certain extent. So I'm thinking it would be better to follow Ducimus' idea and have RFB install over the top of ROW. So any files overwritten by RFB will need to have your changes in them included with the RFB changes.

Are the mods you're doing to the subs basically the same straight across the board? Will looking at one .sim file show what values the parameters need to be changed to in the others? Or, have you had to customize them for each sub.

Because of the changes in the zones files, I was wondering if there may need to be 2 RFB releases- a stock version (Basic RFB) and a ROW compatible version. What is your opinion on that?

Also, are you doing anything to the operational values in the various sub files?

Thanks for the work- looking forward to getting my replacement MB back so I can actually see what you've posted lately in operation. (Turns out US ABit is moving their entire facility right now, so this is delaying everything . . . Old desktop has a 1.3GHz proc and an ATI 8500- can't run SH4) :-?

swdw
11-01-07, 12:28 AM
http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/bvtkstairv.thumb500.jpg

Leo, I was talking to one of my students Monday night and he told me how the most beautiful sunset he'd seen was in the Indian Ocean on his cruiser. He was talking about how the range of blues, purples, pinks and rose colors were incredible.

This screenshot gives me an idea of what he was talking about. Only difference was the sea's were dead calm in his account. You guys are setting a standard that isincredible!!

leovampire
11-01-07, 12:38 AM
Leo,

Since you need to mod the sub's .sim files to get some of your effects, and after the PM's on CoG, I was wondering . . .

It looks like ROW will be the controlling mod for other mods to a certain extent. So I'm thinking it would be better to follow Ducimus' idea and have RFB install over the top of ROW. So any files overwritten by RFB will need to have your changes in them included with the RFB changes.

Are the mods you're doing to the subs basically the same straight across the board? Will looking at one .sim file show what values the parameters need to be changed to in the others? Or, have you had to customize them for each sub.

Because of the changes in the zones files, I was wondering if there may need to be 2 RFB releases- a stock version (Basic RFB) and a ROW compatible version. What is your opinion on that?

Also, are you doing anything to the operational values in the various sub files?

Thanks for the work- looking forward to getting my replacement MB back so I can actually see what you've posted lately in operation. (Turns out US ABit is moving their entire facility right now, so this is delaying everything . . . Old desktop has a 1.3GHz proc and an ATI 8500- can't run SH4) :-?

I PM'ed Ducimus to find out what he did to the sim file's for the sub's first then added my small change to them after applying his changes. To try and make them compatable.

As to the DAT file's for the sub's for the reflection's and caustics I first started with the DAT file's from Kapitan_zur_see's work because I do not know how to do what he did it is 100 time's more complicated and time consumming. When he produces more finished sub's for the bubble's I will update the reflection work from them. He used a program to get the corordinate's for each limber hole on the sub to add the bubble point's from there.

There is no way to adap every single mod out there into these file's you just do the best you can and try not to piss people off by making them lose the effect's they wanted and chose for their own game.

I am trying to make as many choices as possable in the work to accomidate other mod's out there hence the work I have to finish for the zone's file. One for the stock game one for T.M. and maybe one for RFB if I can get to it.

You are at a total disadvatage here because you can not test a single thing you do to make sure it work's okay in game and will have to rely on others to tell you what is wrong. And that isn't going to go over very good unless you have testers that don't care about playing the game.

I try to be as accomidating as possable to the comunity but I can not please everyone nor will I go out of my way to try because 16 hours a day work is enough for me and it still take's time to do it all.

Example open up any ship dat file in the game and find every node that handles the reflections there are a lot of them then there is testing to make sure it looks act's and work's good.

I just care about the graffic's end of this mod if people like it and it work's well in game. I gave up on the actual game play stuff because too many people are making change's for me to keep up.

Ducimus and Berry make the changes they want and like for their mod's and use what they want at least the way Lurker_hlb3 does his work it dosn't interfear with mine he isn't interested in getting into this part of the game work so his stuff work's 100% with our's. So only Lurker allows people to make their own choices for other mod's with out problem's and conflict's. If I had a choice about it I would just take the stock stuff and make my changes but it isn't always possable to do.

As to the sub reflections yes they are the same accross the board and so are the caustic's and Center Gravity effect change.

This mod will probably be the last of my modding work for a couple of reasons. Number one I would like to go back to enjoying the game for a change more than working on it. Number 2 I am dieing and have no idea how long I have so eventualy someone will have to take up the work and continue on from where I and the others leave off. This is why I am working so hard to get it done and out where everyone is happy including myself. So my limitaions on accomidating everyone and extending into new work is reaching a point where I am not only not interested in doing it but might not even be capable of taking it further. Everyday I wake up is a surprise and a blessing right now so I am working hard to do as much as I can as fast as I can.

Kpt. Lehmann
11-01-07, 01:59 AM
I don't know how anyone could ask anything more of you Leovampire.

You've given us an awesome bit of work. Thank you. I'm sure all here feel that same gratitude.

By all means enjoy it.

Life is too short... and this is too easy to forget.

Prientje
11-01-07, 02:05 AM
Leo,

I PM'ed Ducimus to find out what he did to the sim file's for the sub's first then added my small change to them after applying his changes. To try and make them compatable.

As to the DAT file's for the sub's for the reflection's and caustics I first started with the DAT file's from Kapitan_zur_see's work because I do not know how to do what he did it is 100 time's more complicated and time consumming. When he produces more finished sub's for the bubble's I will update the reflection work from them. He used a program to get the corordinate's for each limber hole on the sub to add the bubble point's from there.

There is no way to adap every single mod out there into these file's you just do the best you can and try not to piss people off by making them lose the effect's they wanted and chose for their own game.

I am trying to make as many choices as possable in the work to accomidate other mod's out there hence the work I have to finish for the zone's file. One for the stock game one for T.M. and maybe one for RFB if I can get to it.

You are at a total disadvatage here because you can not test a single thing you do to make sure it work's okay in game and will have to rely on others to tell you what is wrong. And that isn't going to go over very good unless you have testers that don't care about playing the game.

I try to be as accomidating as possable to the comunity but I can not please everyone nor will I go out of my way to try because 16 hours a day work is enough for me and it still take's time to do it all.

Example open up any ship dat file in the game and find every node that handles the reflections there are a lot of them then there is testing to make sure it looks act's and work's good.

I just care about the graffic's end of this mod if people like it and it work's well in game. I gave up on the actual game play stuff because too many people are making change's for me to keep up.

Ducimus and Berry make the changes they want and like for their mod's and use what they want at least the way Lurker_hlb3 does his work it dosn't interfear with mine he isn't interested in getting into this part of the game work so his stuff work's 100% with our's. So only Lurker allows people to make their own choices for other mod's with out problem's and conflict's. If I had a choice about it I would just take the stock stuff and make my changes but it isn't always possable to do.

As to the sub reflections yes they are the same accross the board and so are the caustic's and Center Gravity effect change.

This mod will probably be the last of my modding work for a couple of reasons. Number one I would like to go back to enjoying the game for a change more than working on it. Number 2 I am dieing and have no idea how long I have so eventualy someone will have to take up the work and continue on from where I and the others leave off. This is why I am working so hard to get it done and out where everyone is happy including myself. So my limitaions on accomidating everyone and extending into new work is reaching a point where I am not only not interested in doing it but might not even be capable of taking it further. Everyday I wake up is a surprise and a blessing right now so I am working hard to do as much as I can as fast as I can.

My God, I am speechless and shocked what you wrote about you ...

God bless you !

Reaves
11-01-07, 04:06 AM
Cheers Leo.

kriller2
11-01-07, 06:04 AM
This is screenshots taken with all the modders combined effort, new reflections on the water which matches the new sky and the new sun sets / sun rises:

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6278/rowbeta7sunset2zj1.th.jpg (http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rowbeta7sunset2zj1.jpg)

Front "Row" seat to the new sunsets Jaketoox and Leovampire has been working so hard for! to bad I can't see the halo of the sun with my radeon x1950pro.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7629/rowbeta6sunsetwu7.th.jpg (http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rowbeta6sunsetwu7.jpg)

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9941/rowbeta5br4.th.jpg (http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rowbeta5br4.jpg)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6946/rowbeta8sunset2eg5.th.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rowbeta8sunset2eg5.jpg)

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1043/rowbeta3er3.th.jpg (http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rowbeta3er3.jpg)

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2140/rowbeta2wy2.th.jpg (http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rowbeta2wy2.jpg)

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5982/rowbetawaterqw6.th.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rowbetawaterqw6.jpg)

AVGWarhawk
11-01-07, 08:49 AM
Front "Row" seat to the new sunsets Jaketoox and Leovampire has been working so hard for! to bad I can't see the halo of the sun with my radeon x1950pro.

Same here Kriller. I have the test file, love the colors and effect. Halo is gone. The two old test halo files I do have; the halo is there. I attempted to move the halo file into the new test file but it did not work. I removed the halo file in the new test file and activated the old halo test file in hopes this would work. No deal. Leo and I spent a better part of two hours attempting to sort it out. No luck thus far.

Defiance
11-01-07, 09:03 AM
Seems a bit tactless me logging in a post and saying "Hiya" or "Hiya's" after reading your further up post dave/LeoV

You deserve like any modder time to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labour but now even more so :(

So you MUST take time for Yourself First and go enjoy your and the other modders work

Anything you add mod-wise is a bonus

Take Care

Ciao

<S>

Anthony

billko
11-01-07, 09:14 AM
Dave:

You know I've always been a big fan of your mods. I also understand that sometimes you have to take a break from modding so you can actually enjoy the game! (Which is what I'm doing right at the moment.)

Actually, you have the right attitude, and *everyone* should adopt a similar one. We are *all* dying, and no one knows when they will go, so everyone should relax and enjoy themselves. I know modding brings one kind of enjoyment, but so does playing the game you are so lovingly attached to. ;)

My hat's off to you for choosing to spend your time making the game (and hence our quality of life - not meant facetiously because it's true!) better for us here!

Best regards and wishing you lots of good stuff.

Bill

clayp
11-01-07, 10:10 AM

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS!!!!!!!!

Wilcke
11-01-07, 01:22 PM
Leo, and the rest of the ROW contributors,

Thanks!

Wilcke

linerkiller
11-01-07, 01:25 PM
This mod will probably be the last of my modding work for a couple of reasons. Number one I would like to go back to enjoying the game for a change more than working on it. Number 2 I am dieing and have no idea how long I have so eventualy someone will have to take up the work and continue on from where I and the others leave off. This is why I am working so hard to get it done and out where everyone is happy including myself. So my limitaions on accomidating everyone and extending into new work is reaching a point where I am not only not interested in doing it but might not even be capable of taking it further. Everyday I wake up is a surprise and a blessing right now so I am working hard to do as much as I can as fast as I can.[/COLOR]

i hope you are joking about the second partof this post

Boris
11-01-07, 02:33 PM
You're really dieing? :o

In that case mate, I sincerely urge you to stop modding now and do something more worthwhile with your final days, spend time with family or something.

baxter
11-01-07, 03:04 PM
Leo...thanks for your generosity with your time, effort and talent. I really appreciate what you've done to improve this game and thereby add to everyone's enjoyment.

stabiz
11-01-07, 03:06 PM
Clayp, I am truly sorry to hear that.

leovampire
11-01-07, 03:09 PM
Can't wait to try it in game.

It's funny until I actualy told all of you what I knew a few months ago it didn't really set in. I had told Redwine a while back but nothing changed then last night I told Kriller2 and Jaketoox but still nothing. The I opened up here and it hit me like a ton of brick's. I had a good cry last night before I went to bed and feel a lot better. I have been holding this inside since I got out of the hospital some months back.

I have no living family members on either side of my family. I have 2 dog's and 1 person in my personal life that matters to me.

But this is the first time since my Army day's I actualy truly feel like I am a part of somthing and to me this is like a second home and you are all my extended family.

I wanted to do this mod because I did know what was comming and this is my legacy something to leave behind other than a grave stone to show I was here and existed and my life ment somthing.

I have no kid's to show I was here so this is my way to leave somthing of me behind other than a cold piece of stone in the ground. So now you under stand why I am working so hard to make this dream come true and get it done.

Thanks for the kind word's and post's but I didn't tell you for the Pitty or anything else like that. I told all of you because I feel you are a part of my family and deserve to know why, when it happens, you will not see me around some day. I guess just fair warning is the best way I can put it.

As my profile say's I have had 11 heart attacks now and 2 stroke's. My total heart out put is down to 40% and my pace maker, the 3rd one now because it has to work so hard, is shocking my heart back into rythum at least 1 to 3 time's a week.

The heart muscle that still work's has such a strain on it that it is being damaged further and weakening steadily. I knew once the doctor's said it was time to get every thing in order soon that there was nothing else to do but keep myself busy and my mind off of it.

This is why I work like I do and here all of the time. This keep's my mind occupied and off of all of this. Every time I shut off the PC and stop working I end up thinking about it.

Oh well enough now you know and under stand it all.

I will try my best to get every thing done soon and in your hand's.

Dave

clayp
11-01-07, 03:22 PM
Clayp, I am truly sorry to hear that.

Its not me sir,its Leo.....:cry:

clayp
11-01-07, 03:24 PM
Can't wait to try it in game.

It's funny until I actualy told all of you what I knew a few months ago it didn't really set in. I had told Redwine a while back but nothing changed then last night I told Kriller2 and Jaketoox but still nothing. The I opened up here and it hit me like a ton of brick's. I had a good cry last night before I went to bed and feel a lot better. I have been holding this inside since I got out of the hospital some months back.

I have no living family members on either side of my family. I have 2 dog's and 1 person in my personal life that matters to me.

But this is the first time since my Army day's I actualy truly feel like I am a part of somthing and to me this is like a second home and you are all my extended family.

I wanted to do this mod because I did know what was comming and this is my legacy something to leave behind other than a grave stone to show I was here and existed and my life ment somthing.

I have no kid's to show I was here so this is my way to leave somthing of me behind other than a cold piece of stone in the ground. So now you under stand why I am working so hard to make this dream come true and get it done.

Thanks for the kind word's and post's but I didn't tell you for the Pitty or anything else like that. I told all of you because I feel you are a part of my family and deserve to know why, when it happens, you will not see me around some day. I guess just fair warning is the best way I can put it.

As my profile say's I have had 11 heart attacks now and 2 stroke's. My total heart out put is down to 40% and my pace maker, the 3rd one now because it has to work so hard, is shocking my heart back into rythum at least 1 to 3 time's a week.

The heart muscle that still work's has such a strain on it that it is being damaged further and weakening steadily. I knew once the doctor's said it was time to get every thing in order soon that there was nothing else to do but keep myself busy and my mind off of it.

This is why I work like I do and here all of the time. This keep's my mind occupied and off of all of this. Every time I shut off the PC and stop working I end up thinking about it.

Oh well enough now you know and under stand it all.

I will try my best to get every thing done soon and in your hand's.

Dave

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

mrbeast
11-01-07, 03:26 PM
Leo, you are a true gentleman of the SH modding community, hats off to you:up:

Digital_Trucker
11-01-07, 03:45 PM
You'll be in a lot of folks prayers, Dave. We do, indeed, all need to enjoy every minute of every day because we never know which one will be the last. I don't think you need to worry about finishing this mod to leave your "mark". You've already made a very significant difference and I'm sure we'll all remember your accomplishments. In the short time that I've known you, you've definitely impressed upon me what can be done with the will and the skill. Take care of yourself and enjoy every second. :up:

leovampire
11-01-07, 03:48 PM
You'll be in a lot of folks prayers, Dave. We do, indeed, all need to enjoy every minute of every day because we never know which one will be the last. I don't think you need to worry about finishing this mod to leave your "mark". You've already made a very significant difference and I'm sure we'll all remember your accomplishments. In the short time that I've known you, you've definitely impressed upon me what can be done with the will and the skill. Take care of yourself and enjoy every second. :up:

Just don't let the Frenchman use me and or my name as a wedge for him to get anything from UBISOFT or the Dev's. I don't want to be used like DeepBluewolf was by him.

fabianhidalgo
11-01-07, 04:02 PM
Leo, thank you for all your effort friend, it really is not to say

careful much and enjoy every moment, first and foremost force a lot of strength and encouragement :yep: :yep: :yep:

sorry for my english:roll:

Digital_Trucker
11-01-07, 04:06 PM
Just don't let the Frenchman use me and or my name as a wedge for him to get anything from UBISOFT or the Dev's. I don't want to be used like DeepBluewolf was by him.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that statement. I can assure you, though, that the Kentucky Fried Miscreant won't survive any attempt at using your name regarding anything.:arrgh!: If he tries anything, I'll thrash him soundly around the cranial region with my walker.

fabianhidalgo
11-01-07, 04:06 PM
leo, God bless you and forces :up: :up: :up:

Fish40
11-01-07, 04:16 PM
Leo, this is crushing news:cry:. I'm so sorry to hear this. You're in my prayers bud. I'm sure you looked into this already, but is a Heart transplant out of the question? Seems like you would be a candidate for one.

Once again, I'm sorry. God bless, and rest easy bro.

leovampire
11-01-07, 04:30 PM
Leo, this is crushing news:cry:. I'm so sorry to hear this. You're in my prayers bud. I'm sure you looked into this already, but is a Heart transplant out of the question? Seems like you would be a candidate for one.

Once again, I'm sorry. God bless, and rest easy bro.

I have a rare disorder that attack's the way my heart work's and so it would make a transplant a foolish move as this would do the same to the new heart when my body ty's to adapt to it. And I have a blood clot disorder that is hard to control as well hence the stroke's. To take me off of my blood thinner's to do an operation like that might mean a massive stroke instead of the small one's I have had. Then having a new heart would be worthless anyway's. I am the first person with this disorder to live past 2 heart attacks as it only happens when you sleep most do not wake up when it happen's.

momo55
11-01-07, 04:31 PM
I told the wife and sons not so long ago to throw my aches to the sea where i belong .
Maybe a appropried place for you to Leo ?

Keep going and make your wich come true;)
love you man

leovampire
11-01-07, 04:33 PM

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that statement. I can assure you, though, that the Kentucky Fried Miscreant won't survive any attempt at using your name regarding anything.:arrgh!: If he tries anything, I'll thrash him soundly around the cranial region with my walker.

he isn't worth my time to give him a piece of my mind so I have been quiet about how he operate's but I do not want to be a part of his crusade.

java`s revenge
11-01-07, 04:47 PM
Leo,
I have no words for this message. Life is cruel.
I can`t believe it. Firstly when i read your message i thought he is joking.

I don`t know what to say now. Every word would be too much.

leovampire
11-01-07, 05:06 PM
I told the wife and sons not so long ago to throw my aches to the sea where i belong .
Maybe a appropried place for you to Leo ?

Keep going and make your wich come true;)
love you man

Even though it has been a while since I was in the Army has agreed to give me a military funeral seeing I went back in for the Gulf war when it was requested after I had already been out and done my time.

leovampire
11-01-07, 05:35 PM
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/gonyjdlelp.jpg

Between new sound effect's and reworked sound effect's new sea foam new cloud's sky and water and land textures and straightened out reflections and caustics and cleaned up special effect's you will be in for a very nice surprise everyone believe me! More detailed ocean work and water reflection work. Brighter day's with blue sky's and darker night's as it should be in game with only the moon lite to lite the way when it is up. New and differn't sun rise's and set's with new living color. Even a new hi res moon halo is being worked on that reflect's light better and give's off it's own reflection in the water like the moon it's self.

mrbeast
11-01-07, 05:36 PM
Leo I think the way you are dealing with this is admirable, I hope that if I ever have to face such adversity I can do so in the manner that you are.

leovampire
11-01-07, 06:45 PM
To everyone on my testers list. This will include all of the texture's for ROW needed so you can either over write the one you are using or disable it and allow the test work to take over your game.

There is a bit of a new file structure just for testing it will be broken down this way.

Sky work to include the totaly new scene file with all the new sun and sky control file's I have been working with and will only contain control file's.

Then the texture file which will hold all cloud's / water / land and sea foam.

Then a file for the sound effect's.

Again this is for testing purposes for better control to make sure you do not lose anything so there will be no options just simple file's with all the new work and old work not being replaced.

I will include a read me file saying all of this again to make sure no one misses this message.

There is only one known problem right now. The game need's 1 more sky control to make the night's night and still get a smooth color sun rise. So the sun start's to rise a bit before the sky color change. It was the only way I could make the night's as dark as they should be without sky color. Also the moon halo is still [WIP] from Jaketoox but included it to see what is trying to be done with it.

The name's are as fallow's:

Jaketoox
Kriller2
l3th4l Please empty some of you PM box so I can send you the test work.
Torp's
AVGWarhawk
FooFighter's
Stabiz
Monolith
Canonicus
Mr.Beast Please empty some of you PM box so I can send you the test work.
Digital_trucker
ReallyDeadPoet
LukeFF
Rcjonessnp175
Sqk7744
Sober
BillNichols
JohnChanning
Billko
Kapitan_zur_see
CaptainCox
WilhelmTell
Panthercules
GunFighter

I picked these people for a variity of reason's. One for help with the mod work. Second differn't PC set up's so I can find out how it work's with many type's of card's and Processors seeing I can not test it all. And people to whom I know will give an honest report in over all impact and effect's rather than just AWSMOME work guy's. And people who are good with setting up screen shot's.

All screen shot's and comment's and criticiszm's are welcome and be truthfull and honest in all opinion's please. And post problems if any.

FooFighters
11-01-07, 07:01 PM
can't wait to try it out :smug:

stabiz
11-01-07, 07:43 PM
Oh, crap. I hope you turn into some kind of medical miracle, Dave. And thank God you found us fellow subsim-clowns.

I will not mention this again, as you say this is your haven, so you should be able to think about something other than your heart.

Oh ... and ROW is mega, but you allready know that.

Regards

Fredrik

leovampire
11-01-07, 07:46 PM
can't wait to try it out :smug:

So far sound effect's are taking 30 min's

I am sure Textures will be at a minimal 1 hour

Then my sky and water control work 2 min.

Ship caustics and reflections not done yet and the clean up of the particles and materials file not done yet so those will be at a lator date.

leovampire
11-01-07, 08:12 PM
Oh, crap. I hope you turn into some kind of medical miracle, Dave. And thank God you found us fellow subsim-clowns.

I will not mention this again, as you say this is your haven, so you should be able to think about something other than your heart.

Oh ... and ROW is mega, but you allready know that.

Regards

Fredrik

And you thought the Dev's where on a DEAD LINE when it came to the game's release date. After all laughter is supose to be the best medicine to use as you would see in the Patch Adam's movie with Robin Willam's about the Hospital Dedicated to laughter to help people heal here in the U.S. which is a true story. The Gesundheit Hospital and Clinc.

leovampire
11-01-07, 09:03 PM
To everyone on my testers list. This will include all of the texture's for ROW needed so you can either over write the one you are using or disable it and allow the test work to take over your game.

There is a bit of a new file structure just for testing it will be broken down this way.

Sky work to include the totaly new scene file with all the new sun and sky control file's I have been working with and will only contain control file's.

Then the texture file which will hold all cloud's / water / land and sea foam.

Then a file for the sound effect's.

Again this is for testing purposes for better control to make sure you do not lose anything so there will be no options just simple file's with all the new work and old work not being replaced.

I will include a read me file saying all of this again to make sure no one misses this message.

There is only one known problem right now. The game need's 1 more sky control to make the night's night and still get a smooth color sun rise. So the sun start's to rise a bit before the sky color change. It was the only way I could make the night's as dark as they should be without sky color. Also the moon halo is still [WIP] from Jaketoox but included it to see what is trying to be done with it.

The name's are as fallow's:

Jaketoox
Kriller2
l3th4l Please empty some of you PM box so I can send you the test work.
Torp's
AVGWarhawk
FooFighter's
Stabiz
Monolith
Canonicus
Mr.Beast Please empty some of you PM box so I can send you the test work.
Digital_trucker
ReallyDeadPoet
LukeFF
Rcjonessnp175
Sqk7744
Sober
BillNichols
JohnChanning
Billko
Kapitan_zur_see
CaptainCox
WilhelmTell
Panthercules
GunFighter

I picked these people for a variity of reason's. One for help with the mod work. Second differn't PC set up's so I can find out how it work's with many type's of card's and Processors seeing I can not test it all. And people to whom I know will give an honest report in over all impact and effect's rather than just AWSMOME work guy's. And people who are good with setting up screen shot's.

All screen shot's and comment's and criticiszm's are welcome and be truthfull and honest in all opinion's please. And post problems if any.

With a couple of other's pending due to full PM box's and question's if someone new want's to try it. ALSO to Kriller2 and Jaktoox both there is some stuff in there from BOTH of you neither one has seen in game.

P.S. some sound effect's may seem the same but they are not. There is either a sound loudness enhancment for the one's that were too quiet or echo effect's created or even new sound's incorporated into old one's like hatch closing sounds and more. Every sound in the sound pack has been changed reworked and or enhanced.

sqk7744
11-01-07, 09:53 PM
Leo/Dave,

Our prayers are with you, and we do hope for a miracle.

LBO and ROW make SH4 and the waves on the sunrise and sunset will always be yours.

Thanks for all the encouraging PM's with Kill Flags!

Your friend,
-Alex

leovampire
11-01-07, 10:05 PM
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/dmcmbzfdow.jpg

Weather-guesser
11-01-07, 10:09 PM
Dave,
I don't think you have to worry about using SH4 for leaving something behind anymore. This game will from now on be intertwined with your name.

On another and more important note, I think the friendships you have bequeathed to all of us will make us better to have known you. Thank you Dave :yep:

Paul

leovampire
11-01-07, 10:33 PM
Dave,
I don't think you have to worry about using SH4 for leaving something behind anymore. This game will from now on be intertwined with your name.

On another and more important note, I think the friendships you have bequeathed to all of us will make us better to have known you. Thank you Dave :yep:

Paul

But to change the subject I wanted to point something out to all of you about the work on the roll pitch work on the sub's that I don't think most have noticed seeing no one has said it or showed a picture of it.

Now when you are diving and surfacing the sub lean's into the motion. Pitche's forward for the dive in the water and also put's the nose up for the surfacing even when it is not an emergency surface.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted this to work for the mod to add some more realizm to the movment's of the sub not just above water but bellow as well.

Also at Scope depth in the high sea's the sub does move a bit now with the wave's under curent I did for my LBO work. And the sub is moved around much more when stationary watch you NAV map in the TC mode while the engine's are off in the high sea's.

You can see this in the pictures plus the new blue ocean of the Pacific.

http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/teutnnjlfh.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/zafttdgkoo.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/r/reflections/112772/yfebvjllub.jpg

THE_MASK
11-01-07, 10:39 PM
Well for me i will always think of your work when i play SH4 . sh!t

sqk7744
11-01-07, 11:05 PM
For you Leo, Sober is the only other one with a copy:

http://battleflags.net/images/Deep%20Dive%20Diploma_leo.jpg

leovampire
11-01-07, 11:22 PM
Not only am I at a loss for word's but having a hard time working due to these funny salty thing's that keep comming from no where. I wish it was the ocean splash from my sub but well you know what is going on.

Thank's to everyone for every word and thought and act of kindness I am seeing here. Normal word's come easy to me but not right now. I mean how do you respond to the heart felt feeling's comming from all of you?

So now let's enjoy our work and get it all into your hand's and game's guy's and let my eye's have a rest please.

sqk7744
11-01-07, 11:23 PM
Not only am I at a loss for word's but having a hard time working due to these funny salty thing's that keep comming from no where. I wish it was the ocean splash from my sub but well you know what is going on.

Thank's to everyone for every word and thought and act of kindness I am seeing here. Normal word's come easy to me but not right now. I mean how do you respond to the heart felt feeling's comming from all of you?

So now let's enjoy our work and get it all into your hand's and game's guy's and let my eye's have a rest please.
Aye aye, there's Testing do be done! :arrgh!:

http://battleflags.net/images/rthanksleo.jpg

leovampire
11-01-07, 11:39 PM
If it wasn't for Jaketoox / Kriller2 / and l3th4l All you would have from me and this mod is a bunch of number changes to the file's to make things available look and act better.

These guy's did ALL of the texture work for the mod. They made me and this mod look good not the other way around.

So you will be in good hand's in the future with them around working together.

leovampire
11-02-07, 12:12 AM
I was so busy trying to make the sun rise work I screwed up the sun set I had working perfect.

All testers expect to see a new ROW control file very soon!

I am off to bed I will get it out tomarrow it is past 3 a.m. here and I am getting very dirty looks as I promised to be in bed by 2 a.m. at the latest.

Good night everyone.

MONOLITH
11-02-07, 11:56 AM

leo, is this different from the 3 you just sent me?

clayman
11-02-07, 12:45 PM
Just came back on, caught up reading the last two pages. I have to say I'm truly impressed. Such a talented mod, unending creativity, unparalleled posts, relentless support ... quite a legacy Leo.

My hats off to you and all.

kriller2
11-02-07, 01:29 PM
If it wasn't for Jaketoox / Kriller2 / and l3th4l All you would have from me and this mod is a bunch of number changes to the file's to make things available look and act better.

These guy's did ALL of the texture work for the mod. They made me and this mod look good not the other way around.

If it wasn't for you Leo we wouldn't have any REAL ocean to sail on, your work is outstanding and keep all others on the team on the toes to try keep up with what you have done with LBO and ROW and now the sunshines and sunrises you and Jaketoox have been working on and the new sky colour which matches the sun rises / sun sets :rock: Nice work :up:

/Kriller2

Digital_Trucker
11-02-07, 01:32 PM

I believe it is Monolith. I saw this post after getting the three downloads that he sent me and haven't seen anything new yet, so I would assume that there will be another one coming.

ReallyDedPoet
11-02-07, 01:36 PM

I believe it is Monolith. I saw this post after getting the three downloads that he sent me and haven't seen anything new yet, so I would assume that there will be another one coming.

Ditto for me as well, have heard nothing since last night.

RDP

Jimbuna
11-02-07, 01:54 PM
Just been informed by KL over on TS....words fail me sir.

God Bless and Salute.

Jimbuna

FooFighters
11-02-07, 02:06 PM
Just been informed by KL over on TS....words fail me sir.

God Bless and Salute.

Jimbuna

What do you mean by this ?

AVGWarhawk
11-02-07, 03:32 PM
Yeah, good question. What is ment by this statement?

Angus89
11-02-07, 03:52 PM
Jimbuna was simply stating that he just heard about Leos problems and was saluting him. I read
it differrently at first as well.

Jimbuna
11-02-07, 04:14 PM
Jimbuna was simply stating that he just heard about Leos problems and was saluting him. I read
it differrently at first as well.

Thank you sir....your PM was appreciated :up:

leovampire
11-02-07, 04:17 PM
I was falling asleep at the desk when I signed off and said good night. It is now 5:15 p.m. and just getting into looking at the scene file again to see what I screwed up. In my game when I was trying to make the sun rise perfect I ended up screwing up the sun set's.

At least they are screwed up in my game so I figured it was now screwed up on everyone elses end as well.

What will be replaced when I send it out is the TEST ROW TEST for Sky and water control's file. The other 2 file's are okay for now.

Although now 2 people are running new sound work to me to listen to and test.

P.S. bare with me in answering the P.M.'s please got a little swamped with them I will answer as quick as I can seeing this site only alows 1 to go out every so many minute's.

leovampire
11-02-07, 04:29 PM

If it wasn't for you Leo we wouldn't have any REAL ocean to sail on, your work is outstanding and keep all others on the team on the toes to try keep up with what you have done with LBO and ROW and now the sunshines and sunrises you and Jaketoox have been working on and the new sky colour which matches the sun rises / sun sets :rock: Nice work :up:

/Kriller2

Just goes to show how much we compliment each other and why this mod is working so well.

mrbeast
11-02-07, 04:53 PM
Leo, PM Inbox now has space in it! :D

leovampire
11-02-07, 04:56 PM
The sun halo in the game make's up a large portion of the game's lighting / reflection and color work from the Sun rise to the sun set and everything inbetween.

There is no way to see the full effect's of this mod or all of the work we did and or post in screen shot's unless you have a video card that can produce the Sun Halo.

That Sun halo change's more effect's and over all impact in the game than you can imagine.

Seeing I can have the halo in my game I base all of my work on using it to my advantage because I know eventualy everyone will have a card that can produce this effect in the future.

The sun is not set up in game to cast an actual reflection so the game can not simulate it only the halo is designed to make color change's and reflection effect's. So not having it in game is like having the sun behind light cloud's all the time in game as far as lighting goes.

If you do not believe me ask AVGWarhawk he started out with not having a sun halo and now that he got it working in game he refuses to settle on not having it in game anymore. He has an ATI card and got it to work so ask him how he did it if you have an ATI card.

AVGWarhawk
11-02-07, 05:18 PM
Downloading the new stuff:up:

mrbeast
11-02-07, 05:36 PM
Got the new stuff Leo, hopefully my computer will be back up and running by the end of tommorow.

I bloomin well hope so anyway otherwise I'm gonna have to play Das Boot in a continuous loop just to get some sort of submarine fix!! :o :roll:

leovampire
11-02-07, 05:41 PM
Got the new stuff Leo, hopefully my computer will be back up and running by the end of tommorow.

I bloomin well hope so anyway otherwise I'm gonna have to play Das Boot in a continuous loop just to get some sort of submarine fix!! :o :roll:

LMAO I hear ya there. I may not be actualy playing right now seeing more is testing but at least I can play around to see how it is working. Once I get the new control file out I have to finish up the work on the ship's and release that to everyone to download that is the entire comunity. Then I have to work on the particle's file a little bit to make sure the fire effect's go out once the object is under water.

Bill Nichols
11-02-07, 06:04 PM
Leo -
I downloaded the 3 files this morning, am I correct you have more recent ones? I haven't received any notice.

leovampire
11-02-07, 06:09 PM
Leo -
I downloaded the 3 files this morning, am I correct you have more recent ones? I haven't received any notice.

To replace the ocean sky control file I sent out due to a mistake I made in the sun rise sun set sequence. I am testing it now to make sure all is well. I goofed when trying to smooth out the sun rise and messed up the sun set with out realizing it until it was too late.

So there will be a NEW OCEAN SKY control file sent out as soon as I am sure it is okay this time. The sun rise is set now just need to check the sun set out in game. It isn;t easy seeing I am in a bad area for plane's. LOL!!!

See it is hard making the color sequences work right in game. The game actualy needs one more node to make the sun rise to night sequence work perfect. So with not having enough sky node's to work with it makes setting them up perfect dificult to get a good ballance and still have a dark night.

AVGWarhawk
11-02-07, 06:14 PM
New sounds are awesome. Love the new creaking and diesels:up:

leovampire
11-02-07, 06:24 PM
New sounds are awesome. Love the new creaking and diesels:up:

I am getting some new one's from LukeFF right now he is trying to ballance out the engine sound's from surfacing to the all stop sound to the other end of the spectrum. he is trying to make sure they sound more realistic to the actual possition you are in and on the sub.

AVGWarhawk
11-02-07, 06:36 PM
I did drop in a sound card that supports 7.1 and what a difference with the noice in relation to your ears.

Church SUBSIM
11-02-07, 06:42 PM
Bless you leovampire ... bless you!
(http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=231361)

leovampire
11-02-07, 06:52 PM
I did drop in a sound card that supports 7.1 and what a difference with the noice in relation to your ears.

Now jellous! :damn:

But wouldn't that money be better spent on a new system AVGWarhawk? :rotfl:

I know the wife is in the way of that LOL!!! Got to love tax return time right?! :rock:

Thanks Church SUBSIM just can't figure out yet who is blessing me yet the :hulk: or God.

AVGWarhawk
11-02-07, 06:54 PM
New system in the works:up: . Upgrade this one for my girls. They love Rhapsady and burning music! Doing this will keep them off my new one!

There is a method to the maddness:p

leovampire
11-02-07, 07:04 PM
New system in the works:up: . Upgrade this one for my girls. They love Rhapsady and burning music! Doing this will keep them off my new one!

Now there is a DAD with a brain!!!! :up:

Other Dad's need to take note of this manuver. See learning about stealth in the game is helping you in real life.

leovampire
11-02-07, 08:16 PM
When in your desperation to make a sequence work in game of sky color changes you start the game without applying the actual mod.

Or instead of changing the sky pack number to use to a -5 you change the sun's possition to -5 when it should be a -60 with a -5.

:damn: :damn: :damn:

MONOLITH
11-02-07, 08:43 PM
Slow down Dave.

Keep it enjoyable.

leovampire
11-02-07, 08:57 PM
Slow down Dave.

Keep it enjoyable.

So I am trying to get it done AS FAST AS POSSABLE seeing how late I am with doing it and having it out to everyone seeing some of the testers are not as savy with how to set up the new stuff with the old stuff on JSGME install.

leovampire
11-02-07, 09:48 PM
Not only does it echo a tiny bit but you can hear the empty round drop out of the gun and being reloaded with a new round.

Torps
11-02-07, 10:17 PM

WOW, I guess I better count my lucky stars my wife allows me to do drastic upgrades every 2 yrs or so.

T&L5
11-02-07, 11:45 PM
I am working on loading ROW with Trigger Maru 1.6.4, in the order that is listed on the first page of the TM thread.

When I load the last mod in the list (TM 1.6.4), I get a screen with about 20 error messages stating that various files had already been updated by ROW.

Am I loading these is the wrong order?
Sorry if I'm rehashing ground already covered.

And God bless you Leo! You do great work!

Thanks!

leovampire
11-03-07, 12:02 AM
I am working on loading ROW with Trigger Maru 1.6.4, in the order that is listed on the first page of the TM thread.

When I load the last mod in the list (TM 1.6.4), I get a screen with about 20 error messages stating that various files had already been updated by ROW.

Thanks!

No matter what T.M. and Ducimus say's make sure the ROW texture file is activated AFTER you install all of the T.M. file's or you will get square texture fire's and oil slik's.

Thanks for the compliment BTW.

kylesplanet
11-03-07, 01:03 AM
I just don't know what to say. In a few hours the sun is gonna come up. I think I will get my jacket, get in my Jeep and ride to the top of the Smokey Mountains. (I live at the foot of them) I'm gonna watch the sun come up, just like I watch it in this game. Thank you Leo.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

leovampire
11-03-07, 01:12 AM
I just don't know what to say. In a few hours the sun is gonna come up. I think I will get my jacket, get in my Jeep and ride to the top of the Smokey Mountains. (I live at the foot of them) I'm gonna watch the sun come up, just like I watch it in this game. Thank you Leo.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We hope to have it all even better soon for the public.

leovampire
11-03-07, 03:15 AM
I am running into problems getting the scene file and game to do what I want. I know it has been 2 day's now but the game is making me do this right now :damn: :damn: :damn: . It is now 4:18 a.m. and I havn't slept yet so I have to call it quit's and start again when I wake up.

I hope to have it out to you soon. So please bare with me.

FooFighters
11-03-07, 03:45 AM
I am running into problems getting the scene file and game to do what I want. I know it has been 2 day's now but the game is making me do this right now :damn: :damn: :damn: . It is now 4:18 a.m. and I havn't slept yet so I have to call it quit's and start again when I wake up.

I hope to have it out to you soon. So please bare with me.

no rush Leo, we'll see it coming..
What I've seen so far, this is the best ROW version I have seen yet.

http://www.oldsmobile1958.com/extra/stars.jpg
Encountered this one time.. at 6.30 AM after using time compression during the night.
It was visable with all cams.
Tried it several more times, but never saw it again.

Looks funny though..

AVGWarhawk
11-03-07, 06:39 AM
@Foo

I got the same thing. Is the original ROW Textures vs 2 activated? When I activated this mod again the star issue dissappeared.

FooFighters
11-03-07, 09:46 AM
@Foo

I got the same thing. Is the original ROW Textures vs 2 activated? When I activated this mod again the star issue dissappeared.

I use Row sub reflection and roll pitch.
As far as I know this version is newer then VS2

swdw
11-03-07, 10:26 AM
The roll and pitch work has me tickled, can't wait to see it! (@%#$&@- haven't even got a received report from the USPS that my MB was delivered to ABit yet).

How deep does the undercurrent go Leo? Just curious. Remember taking 20 degree rolls at 400ft in the Atlantic when a HUGE storm blew overhead. (but then, teardrop hulls are more susceptible to this than the WWII boats were). Made eating an adventure ;)

Will be praying for you too. I'm new here, but digging through past posts to find info for assembling tutorials, you've done a lot more than contribute ROW to the community. Easy to see why so many people consider you a friend, and that's one of the highest compliments I can think of.

Ducimus
11-03-07, 10:40 AM

Thanks!

No matter what T.M. and Ducimus say's make sure the ROW texture file is activated AFTER you install all of the T.M. file's or you will get square texture fire's and oil slik's.

Just for some clarification, when i orignaly did the install instructions order, i did so with the ROW mods that i ran, which i installed first, i then watched where the file conflicts occured. (a total of three) Where these file conflicts occured, i copied the row version of said file, into TM. So in reality, it didnt matter which order you installed it in, you still had the same three files on top.

At the time i did this for maximum compatiblity with Leo's work, so the'red be less headaches involved for everyone all around. I made one mistake, in that i didnt realize the particles.dat was modded to take specific textures not found in the stock game. An oversight easily made on my part, since i always run Leo's awesome texture work and reflections mod in tandom with Tmaru.

Now then, im still settleing into my new apartment, and havent had time to look at leo's latest and greatest, but im pretty sure it includes his "pitch and roll" mod, which i absolutly love. For this mod to work, you most definatly have to install this LAST in Jsgme. (in other words, install TM first, and then row). Otherwise my files will overwrite Leo's.

On my own local version of TMaru, ive thought about intergrating these files (pitch and roll), but havent arrived at a decision on that because they're part of a larger portion of Leo's work, and either way they'ed be file conflicts in JSGME. At anyrate ill worry about it later, Im really much too tired to worry about Modding right now. (just try loading up a moving truck by yourself, and the unloading it by yourself, with no help from anybody. Fridge, couch's, big ass TV, dressers, the whole bit. )

Snuffy
11-03-07, 12:41 PM
... (just try loading up a moving truck by yourself, and the unloading it by yourself, with no help from anybody. Fridge, couch's, big ass TV, dressers, the whole bit. )

Been there, done that! I've solved the problem though about 2 1/2 years ago, I bought a house, no more apartments for me.

DrBeast
11-03-07, 03:22 PM
Just wanted to say, I ordered a new graphics card so I can truly enjoy this mod (an ATI X1650Pro). I don't care if I go on spaghetti this month (cause the 75 Euros it cost me is WAY above my budget). LV's work DESERVES to be fully viewed!

I have only one word for you, skipper: RESPECT...

leovampire
11-03-07, 03:55 PM

Thanks!

Just for some clarification, when i orignaly did the install instructions order, i did so with the ROW mods that i ran, which i installed first, i then watched where the file conflicts occured. (a total of three) Where these file conflicts occured, i copied the row version of said file, into TM. So in reality, it didnt matter which order you installed it in, you still had the same three files on top.

At the time i did this for maximum compatiblity with Leo's work, so the'red be less headaches involved for everyone all around. I made one mistake, in that i didnt realize the particles.dat was modded to take specific textures not found in the stock game. An oversight easily made on my part, since i always run Leo's awesome texture work and reflections mod in tandom with Tmaru.

Now then, im still settleing into my new apartment, and havent had time to look at leo's latest and greatest, but im pretty sure it includes his "pitch and roll" mod, which i absolutly love. For this mod to work, you most definatly have to install this LAST in Jsgme. (in other words, install TM first, and then row). Otherwise my files will overwrite Leo's.

On my own local version of TMaru, ive thought about intergrating these files (pitch and roll), but havent arrived at a decision on that because they're part of a larger portion of Leo's work, and either way they'ed be file conflicts in JSGME. At anyrate ill worry about it later, Im really much too tired to worry about Modding right now. (just try loading up a moving truck by yourself, and the unloading it by yourself, with no help from anybody. Fridge, couch's, big ass TV, dressers, the whole bit. )

But I wanted to make sure new people asking the question didn't have a problem because it is harder for the new people to understand the proper way to fix it and the over write's sometimes confuse them or they forget to shut of JSGME to fix it inbetween the new add on's.

I have spent day's trying to fix people up that end up with the problem and just wanted to help this guy out with a new install.

Ducimus
11-03-07, 04:01 PM
Don't mind me, im just tried and cranky. :lol:

As for helping people with install, and field misc question, i realized awhile ago that you do alot of that, partially because of me :roll: This was the biggest reason i took various parts out of Tmaru, trying to modularize the mod to interconnect with yours, yet function on its own. My goal was to lessen the burden on you in terms of questions/tech support. Im starting to wonder if i just generated more questions instead of fewer :roll:

T&L5
11-03-07, 04:24 PM
Leo and Dulcimus,

Thank you both for your help and esp. for your Mods! :up:

If I may be so bold, allow me to summarize:

Install TM 1.6.4 FIRST
Then install ROW.

One again thank you both for your excellent work!

leovampire
11-03-07, 04:31 PM
Don't mind me, im just tried and cranky. :lol:

As for helping people with install, and field misc question, i realized awhile ago that you do alot of that, partially because of me :roll: This was the biggest reason i took various parts out of Tmaru, trying to modularize the mod to interconnect with yours, yet function on its own. My goal was to lessen the burden on you in terms of questions/tech support. Im starting to wonder if i just generated more questions instead of fewer :roll:

I have a bit more time to work with these guy's than you do. Just when you get a chance update the graffic's part of your mod and reupload it after your done settling in and feel more relaxed.

The new guy's only seem to have the problem right now everyone else seems to have picked up on what's going on and starting to help the others like me.

Not picking on ya at all you know me I don't do that unless they are a jerk and that is far few and inbetween here.

leovampire
11-03-07, 04:33 PM
Leo and Dulcimus,

Thank you both for your help and esp. for your Mods! :up:

If I may be so bold, allow me to summarize:

Install TM 1.6.4 FIRST
Then install ROW.

One again thank you both for your excellent work!

At the end of the install then ADD the ROW Texture vs2 file and the ROW Sub Relfection Roll Pitch after everything else is in your game then you will not have any problems and have everything both has to offer.

leovampire
11-03-07, 05:00 PM
What some of the new sounds will be is one the deck gun will now have the travel sound of the round comming from the deck gun then you can hear the spent shell being droped out of it and reloaded during the actual action of it.

Also the AA gun's will now have a droping spent shell sound effect as well so if you have duel barels the effect is awsome you can hear every round fire nice and clear with a spent round hitting the deck ever time a round is fired.

Also reworking the Engine start up sound on surfacing and having it match up to the engine idel sound when you are stationary so they blend in perfectly and no longer sound seperate from each other one will blend into the other.

And new sound's to work with the diesel's as far as movment and how they sound according to your postion with the camera and how they sound under water.

He can tell you how I am driving him nut's in everything he is doing and how I send him back to the drawing board to make them awsome. I can tell you now it will be a really nice add on to the mod seeing sound's are part of the environment just as much as the sky and water is.

Digital_Trucker
11-03-07, 05:09 PM
Good to hear about the sound additions. Sounds are just as much a part of the game as sight in my myopic opinion.:arrgh!:

@Luke Appreciate you going the extra mile (nautical or not) to make it the best it can be.:up:

LukeFF
11-03-07, 05:25 PM
He can tell you how I am driving him nut's in everything he is doing and how I send him back to the drawing board to make them awsome. I can tell you now it will be a really nice add on to the mod seeing sound's are part of the environment just as much as the sky and water is.

Nah, it's alright. Having a good critic keeps me honest and makes me strive to improve my work. :yep:

leovampire
11-03-07, 06:04 PM

Nah, it's alright. Having a good critic keeps me honest and makes me strive to improve my work. :yep:

The totaly realistic Wind sound's are just well what can I say it sounds like it is running between the radar masts at times and changes a lot in pitch and variity. :rock:

And you got the surface engine lap idle EXACTLY where and what I wanted. Now matches up to the surfacing start up end of track once the govener's have settled the engine down so a real keeper. Can also make out that clackity clack of the old 2 stroke diesel's which is what is needed.

The new glass breaking is awsome I scared the dog's they thought I broke somthing and got up and ran so that Work's :up: .

I had a save with a plane attacking and the new bullet ricocet's off the deck hull wake you up to say the least.

The old engine sound you had with the base too high I think I will use for one of the big war ship's to add contrast to their sounds.

I am uploading the new sound effect's folder now to send out to all of the testers so expect a PM soon.

LukeFF
11-03-07, 07:38 PM
The totaly realistic Wind sound's are just well what can I say it sounds like it is running between the radar masts at times and changes a lot in pitch and variity. :rock:

And you got the surface engine lap idle EXACTLY where and what I wanted. Now matches up to the surfacing start up end of track once the govener's have settled the engine down so a real keeper. Can also make out that clackity clack of the old 2 stroke diesel's which is what is needed.

The new glass breaking is awsome I scared the dog's they thought I broke somthing and got up and ran so that Work's :up: .

I had a save with a plane attacking and the new bullet ricocet's off the deck hull wake you up to say the least.

Well, you're going to like even more what I'm going to upload in just a little bit. :yep:

leovampire
11-03-07, 08:02 PM

Well, you're going to like even more what I'm going to upload in just a little bit. :yep:

I thought you were done you know how long it takes to upload that sound file LMAO! :rotfl: :damn:

BTW people with the camera mod from ROW and the new roll Pitch enhancment when you are in the command room or the sound room the camera now pitche's forward and back according to the dive or surfacing manuver's just another thing to see and notice that might have been missed by the users of this mod.

Plus there are new creaking dive sound enhancment's so that the deeper you go the more nervous you get just with the sound effect's.

leovampire
11-03-07, 08:14 PM
Are new sea foam textures from Jaketoox.

New Cloud's reworked from Kriller2.

New Ocean textures reworked from Kriller2.

New Sky color's and ocean reflection color's done by both Jaketoox and Kriller2. Jake produced the sun rise and sun set color's I wanted for the mod and Kriller2 produced the water reflection and color and the over all sky color. So nice work
on both part's there guy's thanks.

Also with Sober's permission Kriller2 reworked his mountain texture's to better blend in with the environment thank's Sober.

They are also testing a new [WIP] High res moon halo that Jaketoox is working on for the mod that cast's it's own reflection just like the sun halo does he created.

AVGWarhawk
11-03-07, 08:35 PM
LukeFF.........nice work man on the sound mod!!! I love the cannon and AA sound. Just out of this world. The creaking and groaning of the sub as I got deeper was fantastic. Beautiful work here, top notch sound mod:rock:

LukeFF
11-03-07, 08:48 PM
LukeFF.........nice work man on the sound mod!!! I love the cannon and AA sound. Just out of this world. The creaking and groaning of the sub as I got deeper was fantastic. Beautiful work here, top notch sound mod:rock:

I had forgotten I had those files on my computer, so when I came across them I thought, "hey, those would sound nice in the game!" Glad you like them.

leovampire
11-03-07, 08:57 PM

Sorry LukeFF but I did like torps creaking sound's better he and I spent a lot of time on them between his work and my listening and checking them.

In the file I have blended the best of everything so far from your work and his and of course included the sound distance boost from WilhelTell which add's a lot to it.

But I am always listening and checking out the new work LukeFF and will still make change's of what I think and feel work's the best in over all blending and effect's.

LukeFF
11-03-07, 09:21 PM
Sorry LukeFF but I did like torps creaking sound's better he and I spent a lot of time on them between his work and my listening and checking them.

In the file I have blended the best of everything so far from your work and his and of course included the sound distance boost from WilhelTell which add's a lot to it.

But I am always listening and checking out the new work LukeFF and will still make change's of what I think and feel work's the best in over all blending and effect's.

Not a problem. :) That's the joy of being able to mod the game however we like.

kriller2
11-03-07, 09:23 PM
Hi LukeFF and Leo,

Those sounds are amazing :up: :up: and I like the new diesel engines to, before this I switched to stock diesel engines, but now it sounds so real and the aa guns and canon sounds.. wow!

LukeFF
11-03-07, 09:29 PM
now it sounds so real and the aa guns and canon sounds.. wow!

Wait til you hear the new deck gun sound - it's even better. :D

donut
11-03-07, 10:34 PM
Is there a v2 of ROW Sound Effect's (http://files.filefront.com/ROW+Sound+Effects+vs17z/;8696906;/fileinfo.html) from post #1:doh:
"LukeFF has been working with me for some new sounds" Is this incorporated in ROW ? Donut,:huh: Confused:88)

LukeFF
11-03-07, 11:10 PM
Is there a v2 of ROW Sound Effect's (http://files.filefront.com/ROW+Sound+Effects+vs17z/;8696906;/fileinfo.html) from post #1:doh:

Internal WiP, not yet released.

donut
11-03-07, 11:31 PM

Internal WiP, not yet released.:up:

T&L5
11-04-07, 12:50 AM
Two words to describe these two sets of mod's, gentlemen....

AWE-SOME!!!!

The visuals are way cool, and, for the FIRST time I wasn't innundated with Jap convoys sailing right into my lap, then sitting around waiting to get hit!!!!

:yep:

I LIKE it!

Great work Guys!

Ducimus
11-04-07, 02:40 AM
Just when you get a chance update the graffic's part of your mod and reupload it after your done settling in and feel more relaxed.

I may do that soon. It appears we won't see patch 1.4 tell the end of the month. Thats a long enough wait for me to do an update.

Digital_Trucker
11-04-07, 09:44 AM
I now have to add extra crew to police the gun areas for all the spent shells that are falling all over the place. Problem is, they don't have any place to sleep and they're getting awfully ornery and they keep asking me where I want them to put the shell casings. I'm afraid they're gonna think up their own idea where to shove them. Pleeeeeeeeeease help me!

Seriously, the new sounds are wonderful:up: Thanks Luke and torps and Leo the whipcracker:rock: I just wish my computer was strong enough to run the game and Fraps at the same time (and get better than single digit frame rates) so I could share a little video from some gun blasting, wind blowing, rain slashing, creaky diving fun. Now all this game needs is a saltwater spray system.

MONOLITH
11-04-07, 10:51 AM
I just wish my computer was strong enough to run the game and Fraps at the same time (and get better than single digit frame rates) so I could share a little video

DT, not sure if this will work, but I've heard it does in other games.

There is an option in SH4 to "save replay". I haven't tried it, but I assume it saves a 'movie' of your game events as you played them.

In other games, if you save a replay, then use fraps while watching the replay, there is no slowdown like there is when you are actually playing. So you get a good fraps capture with no slowdown.

mrbeast
11-04-07, 10:55 AM
More Eye Candy, More Eye Candy!!!:rock: :ping:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2557/nicedayrowqa3.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/641/sunnyrowow0.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3994/sunriserowtestwn3.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3131/sunsetrowtestuv4.jpg

Seriously thinking of printing some of these ROW screenies out on high quality photo paper and hanging em on my wall!!! :|\\

tonschk
11-04-07, 10:56 AM
Hello , please can somebody tell me where to download ROW , I saw somewhere is possible to download in only one click and not with multiple steps like seems to be at the biginning of this thread , thank you very much

MONOLITH
11-04-07, 10:57 AM
Those are beautiful shots mrbeast. :smug:

AVGWarhawk
11-04-07, 11:04 AM
Hello , please can somebody tell me where to download ROW , I saw somewhere is possible to download in only one click and not with multiple steps like seems to be at the biginning of this thread , thank you very much

Since it is fairly large the mod is downloadable in separate packages. Just follow each download located at the beginning of this thread.

tonschk
11-04-07, 11:32 AM

Since it is fairly large the mod is downloadable in separate packages. Just follow each download located at the beginning of this thread.

Thank you very much :D

Digital_Trucker
11-04-07, 11:37 AM
DT, not sure if this will work, but I've heard it does in other games.

There is an option in SH4 to "save replay". I haven't tried it, but I assume it saves a 'movie' of your game events as you played them.

In other games, if you save a replay, then use fraps while watching the replay, there is no slowdown like there is when you are actually playing. So you get a good fraps capture with no slowdown.

Doh! Why didn't I think of that?:oops: No, please don't answer that question:D Thanks for the tip Monolith. I'll try it out and see what happens. I guess it'll depend on whether it saves a movie or if it saves the action to be rerendered.

Reno
11-04-07, 11:38 AM
The links for hi-res sea foam, sound effects, and ship reflections are down. When you click on the download button it takes you to File Front's home page. Is there another download site?

tonschk
11-04-07, 11:50 AM
Hello, can somebody help please , i try to cancel the grainy effect , i go to ........D:\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Shaders\Filters\CompoundFilterPS.fx , and somehow i open the CompoundFilterPS.fx ,...but later i cannot change what i want to change ( add two ..//..somewhere inside this filefolder because is not possible to tipe with the keyboard , can you help please ? thank you very much

fabianhidalgo
11-04-07, 11:55 AM
They believe that this mod and will be ready for the public?:|\\

Defiance
11-04-07, 12:35 PM
Grainy Effect, You not tried the IN-Game options (grphics settings i think ? )

Quite a few options in the game settings you can mess with

Seems easier than altering shaders/filters in the guts of the game

Never messed with game-guts stuff so ignore if you've tried messing with the game settings to sort the grainy effects

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

Defiance
11-04-07, 12:38 PM
fabian,
The guys are working and testing as fast as possible mate

No doubt the minute they are 100% satisfied we will get dl links ;)

Just wait n check back as i do :)

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

tonschk
11-04-07, 01:35 PM
The links for hi-res sea foam, sound effects, and ship reflections are down. When you click on the download button it takes you to File Front's home page. Is there another download site?

Yes ,I try to download , but is not possible

SubSuck
11-04-07, 01:54 PM
I was going to check this mod out but I can't get some of the files due to messed up links. Oh well.

Defiance
11-04-07, 04:15 PM
Hiya's,
OK i just tried links and found hi-res foam is fubar and also ship reflections

I already have these all ROW files stored

Trying to sort parts up to a site now so bare with me

Will post links here to help then hopefully dave can re-sort his links

Hope this helps

Ciao

Def

SubSuck
11-04-07, 04:36 PM
Awesome! I was looking into making the game appear more realistic. Is this the best mod out there that does this?

Also, when installing it, can I just copy the files into my directory or do I need a program to do it?

DeepIron
11-04-07, 04:50 PM
Also, when installing it, can I just copy the files into my directory or do I need a program to do it? Get JSGME: http://www.users.on.net/%7Ejscones/software/products.html
Read the instructions on installation and how to use...
Install the mod(s) of your choosing.

You might try visiting this link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118945
as it has links to just about every mod and tool available...

Defiance
11-04-07, 04:59 PM
Hiya's,
OK here's 1st link, It takes you to my newly formed folder, So use link and dl what you need

I have done ship reflections also sounds up too

Will upload hi-res foam now but it's a large file so gonna take a while

Anyways main link to grab what ya want .............

http://hosted.filefront.com/Defianceco/

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

RDDR
11-04-07, 05:11 PM
I am running with Latest Maru, plus ROW Essentials and Optionals,Kriller2's 1st Visual update plus Realistic Sinking and a multitude of other bells and whistles and things are working very well with no problems.Having a great time .
What has confused me a little is the huge number of new postings on testing soon to be released updates.
I assume these are ROW related.Will these updates be downloadable as single downloads or will we have to download a completely revamped ROW?
I know I'll find out sooner or later,but would like to know in advance.:-?

Defiance
11-04-07, 05:29 PM
Hiya RDDR,
I would assume singles as it is now

Easier for guys/gals on slow connx and easier for the modders to pull down a single file to mod etc rather than a large all-in-1

Also with different versions : eg cloud speeds/sea foam/camera views, It might confuse more if these came all-in-1

Anyways the testers are umm testing and modders are errm modding lol, No doubt when stuff's ready we will have links to get the goodies ;)

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

SubSuck
11-04-07, 05:45 PM
Thanks! I'm going to give this mod a shot and see if it projects a better feel to the environment around me.

Defiance
11-04-07, 05:51 PM
Hiya,
Hi-res foam should be up now, So the 3 none linking files are ready from link below until dave fixes links on mainpage

http://hosted.filefront.com/Defianceco/

Heck this row with other mods blows my mind lol

I use TM with it and some hud mods etc

You try vanilla install and have a quick look then add Row with other mods and you'll appreciate all of the modders hard work and their dedication to helping make this breath taking (and don't forget this is their alpha, so beta to come ;) ) amazing ehh he he

Ciao

Def

RDDR
11-04-07, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the update Defience.

SubSuck
11-04-07, 06:18 PM
Sigh. God I hate Windows Vista. Why did I ever install it?? I installed all the mods using the JSGME but now when I run the game, my sub wavers all over the place and then the clouds disappear and the game crashes.

I uninstalled the mods but the game doesn't load now. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game but for some reason it still crashes. So I deleted all the saves and started from scratch. No change. I'll be loading up a drive image to restore my system back to the way it was a few hours ago.

The game is unstable as it is under Vista so perhaps I'm better off not adding anything new to it. Too bad, by the looks of it in the videos, this would've made a nice addition to the game.

Fearless
11-04-07, 07:08 PM
Sigh. God I hate Windows Vista. Why did I ever install it?? I installed all the mods using the JSGME but now when I run the game, my sub wavers all over the place and then the clouds disappear and the game crashes.

I uninstalled the mods but the game doesn't load now. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game but for some reason it still crashes. So I deleted all the saves and started from scratch. No change. I'll be loading up a drive image to restore my system back to the way it was a few hours ago.

The game is unstable as it is under Vista so perhaps I'm better off not adding anything new to it. Too bad, by the looks of it in the videos, this would've made a nice addition to the game.

To solve it, Install SH4 outside the "Program Files" folder (ie C:\\UbiSoft\Silent Hunter 4\ not C:\\ Program Files\UbiSoft\Silent Hunter 4\)

Why!!!, Vista is notorious with Administrator priviledges and the Program Files folder falls inside that category. By installing outside it, No probs whatsoever at my end. :D

mrbeast
11-04-07, 07:31 PM
Check out this thread from the SH3 mods forum. Some good reference footage for smoke and fire effects:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=124576

baxter
11-04-07, 07:43 PM
Leo's been kind of quiet today...has anyone heard from him?

mrbeast
11-04-07, 07:52 PM
He doesn't appear to be online tonight.

sqk7744
11-04-07, 08:18 PM
I got a few PM's from him last night, sounded chipper :up:

SubSuck
11-04-07, 08:20 PM

To solve it, Install SH4 outside the "Program Files" folder (ie C:\\UbiSoft\Silent Hunter 4\ not C:\\ Program Files\UbiSoft\Silent Hunter 4\)

Why!!!, Vista is notorious with Administrator priviledges and the Program Files folder falls inside that category. By installing outside it, No probs whatsoever at my end. :D

Yay! I got all the ROW mods to work, but I wanted to install that Natural Ship Sinking mod but JSGME says that it could adverse effects on my game. Hmmm. The colors on the ocean look more like the Atlantic now. LOL! Deep blue.

SubSuck
11-04-07, 08:35 PM
I was wondering if I can incorporate this data into a mod I made and I'll be sure to add the credits to the readme should I decide to post it on a website. If not, I understand.

The team did such a fantastic job I was hoping to spread it around with a little additions of my own. Basically my mod enhances various aspects of the game to make it easier for those who just want to have fun and destroy stuff.

Defiance
11-04-07, 08:44 PM
Hiya,
Yeah apparently at this moment in time (if i remember right) NSM is being worked on to be more compatable with row etc so best to give it a miss for the moment

I use TM and ROW with a brass HUD mod and smaller chrono with a nice white face

Had no probs either in vista or xp (only graphic settings related but they're all sorted now thanks to me bios flashing my gts 640) , But now i run sh4 in xp only and other sims i like in vista

Hope you tried the vanilla sh4 then added row etc so you can see all the hard work these modders have done for us

Anyways late here in ole blighty so g'night all

Have Fun

Def

Aniuk
11-05-07, 02:08 AM

Don't panic. I, too had problems with windows and my nvidia 8800 gts. Just be patient, like you do when waiting for a convoy. Have it all: TM and ROW and running smoothly. Look at the forums and there is plenty of information on your configuration. Just do not change more than one thing at the time. Took me a week or so, with crashes, and a lot of "google searches". The problem is: every system reacts differently. I build my one computers and have to identical ones installed for my student-daughters. Only difference is one Lan-chipset, and so troubles with VISTA. I know it is not sophisticated, but trial and error, did it for me.

And some overclocking my NVIDIA card with Ntune (takes 3 hours!) made all the difference. The graphic settings are critical.

Asus P5N32-E SLI and dual core Intel 6600 2.40
Nvidia 8800 gts 640 Mb

(SH4 is "hard work" for both your sub and your pc)

But believe me: it's rewarding:p

Just one advise: start "fresh" and delete all traces from your registry with a registry cleaner. Also ALL directories/folders from SH IV. (including the "visual store" folders used by Vista) Just remembered: that was the beginning of the victory for me. Total cleaning the system and take it from there: step by step. Loading a "image" my not do the trick. Because as far as I know, it doesnot completely "cleans" the registry and may be there are traces of the instable setup. (of course it's the "best thing" to try, but for me it made it worse not better, especially hardware is the problem when you reload a image of your configuration. I'll bet it's the graphic! (also had a conflict with my soundblaster X-FI extreme gamer: deleted the soundcard, cleaned up the registry and all traces of the soundblaster and reinstalled with the latest driver). Radio-forum searches where a great help in my case.

Angus89
11-05-07, 03:40 AM
Dont know if this matters, but i had probs with auto updater function with sh4. When it patched to 1.3 my game went haywire. Reinstalled and downloaded the patches manually , no problems since. Windows xp here though, so that might not be the prob.

Black Storm
11-05-07, 09:02 AM
hi! first of all thanks to all the modders that have doing a fantastic work! i have a problem: i have installed jsgme and after the row. i have used the order of the screenshot of Defiance some pages ago. but in the game something dont function well;for example after one day of patrol i'm in a big storm but there is no foam; i sink 7,8 ships in the nsm tutorial but there isnt the oil, the sunrise and sunset is the same that before. the only thing that is changes is the far horizon and the higher resolution in the port objects. what can be the problem? i think that i have doing the correct things,but maybe not.... thank you!
ps.sorry for my bad english...

Defiance
11-05-07, 10:28 AM
Hiya,
Here's my jsgme as it stands now running in XP

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/Defiance_co/jsgmenov52007.jpg

The metalhud and stowa (stowa = nice faced small chrono and the metalhud = the lovely shiney brass hud)

Besides those extra mods i'm using the screenie is a basic TM + Row setup

Hope this helps

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

Black Storm
11-05-07, 10:42 AM
thank you for your help. i'm not at home i now and i cant post a screenshot of my jsgme configuratione, but is like your;the difference is that i have only the row and the nsm light version. but i dont understand why some of the row have problem

sqk7744
11-05-07, 10:43 AM
Has anyone heard from Leo today?

Defiance
11-05-07, 10:52 AM
Hiya's,
Try removing the Mod called Natural Sinking Mechanics ;) (classic or lite versions ! )

NSM can cause problems at the moment so i was lead to believe

As for Mr Leo, I think he posted on a few other posts yesterday, And albeing well today he is having a well deserved rest or rather knowing the type of selfless person he is he will be milling over mods and working like a trojan for our benefit

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

ps some pics for you black storm, and also your english is very good

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/Defiance_co/1.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/Defiance_co/2.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/Defiance_co/3.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/Defiance_co/4.jpg

PPS lol If anyone can't figure how to add the TM optional mods eg 2mth rotation or 3mth rotation fix, Goto Mods folder/TM 1.6.4/Support folder, Then copy which mod package you want and paste into the Mods folder then use jsgme to activate after the 2 TM base installs

Ciao

Def

Black Storm
11-05-07, 10:58 AM
thank you very much defiance! this evening i try;only the row and nothing else. my Sh4 must become like in your photos! thank you again!

ReallyDedPoet
11-05-07, 11:00 AM
thank you very much defiance! this evening i try;only the row and nothing else. my Sh4 must become like in your photos! thank you again!
You'll love it :up::up:

By the way, welcome to SUBSIM :yep:

RDP