PDA

View Full Version : (REL) Pacific enviroment/ROW/Leovampire and Kriller2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

mookiemookie
12-26-07, 03:33 PM
Just one note on the "realistic" TBT camera that keeps it from moving more than 90 degrees...real fleet boats had rear facing TBT mounts as well as the forward facing ones so that the optics could be used for stern shots if needed.

Not sure if this has been discussed in the 113 pages of the thread, but just wanted to add this. :up:

Gunfighter
12-27-07, 07:29 AM
Hi Leo, Glad to hear your on the mend.The sea is perfect so perfect I now have a bucket next to me and Wife said I have to wear a life jacket :rotfl: a great job and Thank You and the other Modders, oops where's that bucket.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:rotfl:

sqk7744
12-27-07, 07:50 PM
ROW v1.4 looks awesome!!!

One question, the cross-hairs on for the DG does not move with the 'roll' but the gun does.

Is this something you gents have come accross.

Please lmk on areas in particular you would like tested, keep an eye out for. I'm running with TM for 1.4 beta and RSRDC for 1.4 is this ok?

Hope you are feeling better sir, and getting some rest LV

Cheers,
sqk

LukeFF
12-28-07, 02:21 AM
One question, the cross-hairs on for the DG does not move with the 'roll' but the gun does.

It's been like that since the game was released.

barndog
12-28-07, 06:35 AM
seems to have occured when I installed special effects 5b. I run an 8800 GTS and I run full out so it is not low res. Any one have another clue?

Mush Martin
12-28-07, 07:21 AM
Hi Leo V , I am just getting ready to Jump back into shIV
and wanted to ask about the following list.

ROW_SKY_and_Ocean_Control5
ROW_Camera_vs_2b
ROW_Sub_Reflections_and_R5
ROW_Slower_Clouds
ROW_Textures_without_Sun__5
ROW_NEW_SeaFoam_from_Jakeox
ROW_Object_Reflections_anb
ROW_Sound_Effects_vs_8
ROW_Special_Effects_with_b

and

RFB_1.4_for_ROW_RC1

ok first off I didnt miss on compatability here I dont
think but could you confirm that.

and more importantly
is there any reason why I wouldnt be able
to fuse this all into a composite mod for my own
install seemingly not if they are compatable
but I thought I better ask.

MM

black1
12-28-07, 08:07 AM
Hello Leo, is your Air Base Nav Map Mod under your sig 1.4 compatable and usable to download. I know it was in T.M. for a while and i liked it and was wondering if it is 1.4 compatable and able to be used, thanks mate.

DrBeast
12-28-07, 12:46 PM
Hey shipmates!
I'm on week 1 of my christmas vacations, I just came downtown for some shopping and stopped by an internet cafe to see how you guys are faring. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas day, and I wish everyone a Happy New Year! Dave, I sincerely hope the new year will bring you less health problems, mate! You're a fighter, you've proved this time and again, and I'm confident you'll find a way to trick even that pesky Grim Reaper :up:
See you guys in 10 days or so (unless the withdrawal symptoms get too bad and I come running to the nearest internet cafe again :D )!

AVGWarhawk
12-28-07, 01:32 PM
Hi Leo V , I am just getting ready to Jump back into shIV
and wanted to ask about the following list.

ROW_SKY_and_Ocean_Control5
ROW_Camera_vs_2b
ROW_Sub_Reflections_and_R5
ROW_Slower_Clouds
ROW_Textures_without_Sun__5
ROW_NEW_SeaFoam_from_Jakeox
ROW_Object_Reflections_anb
ROW_Sound_Effects_vs_8
ROW_Special_Effects_with_b

and

RFB_1.4_for_ROW_RC1

ok first off I didnt miss on compatability here I dont
think but could you confirm that.

and more importantly
is there any reason why I wouldnt be able
to fuse this all into a composite mod for my own
install seemingly not if they are compatable
but I thought I better ask.

MM

MM,

I run this configuration. Add RSRD version for RFB also...you will not be sorry. Load it up after the list you have above.:up:

Mush Martin
12-28-07, 01:43 PM
Danke ....oh I mean Thankyou thankyou AVG.
I will dl rsrdc prior to my boot up.
M

AVGWarhawk
12-28-07, 06:02 PM
Yes, I finally got it! I purchased a Gforce 7800 GS. The game looks like it is supposed to be played. 35+ FPS on the bridge! Happy as a clam! Proof in the pudding. Now I see ROW in it's full glory!!!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/avgwarhawk/SH4Img2007-12-28_180320_671.jpg

Jimbuna
12-28-07, 07:21 PM
Great shot AV http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

I've the same card.....it does allow the player to view the game in all it's splendour.

ReallyDedPoet
12-28-07, 07:23 PM
Lookin' good AVG :roll::up: Welcome to real ROW :D

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7650/sunsetja3.jpg

RDP

AVGWarhawk
12-28-07, 07:36 PM
It is a huge difference, fellas. The X1300 was my first ATI card...and my last. FPS is just about doubled. I have halo and sun glare. I turned on volumetric fog with little to no FPS loss. Amazing what $120.00 can do. I had to post my first screenie for Leo:rock:

J B Lansing
12-28-07, 07:48 PM
Seems like he has not posted for quite a while??
J B

AVGWarhawk
12-28-07, 07:58 PM
Seems like he has not posted for quite a while??
J B

I noticed this also....

mrbeast
12-28-07, 09:13 PM
Yes, I finally got it! I purchased a Gforce 7800 GS. The game looks like it is supposed to be played. 35+ FPS on the bridge! Happy as a clam! Proof in the pudding. Now I see ROW in it's full glory!!!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/avgwarhawk/SH4Img2007-12-28_180320_671.jpg

Gorgeous screenie:up: :|\\

black1
12-28-07, 09:25 PM
Congrats on the new card AVG, very nice looking. I got a 8800gtx 756mb card and it is beautiful as well.:up:

AVGWarhawk
12-28-07, 10:04 PM
I have the AGP system so I went for this 7800. Last gasp before I switch to Vista and PCI.

sqk7744
12-28-07, 10:14 PM

W:o:o:o:oW AVG!

Congrats!!!

fabianhidalgo
12-28-07, 10:59 PM
wait, wait, and leo?

Anyone know it? Takes time off

sqk7744
12-29-07, 12:33 AM

It's been like that since the game was released.
Right, does anyone know if it's possible to have the cross-hairs 'roll' with the now unstabilized DG?

tnx

Rolf Eschke
12-29-07, 03:34 AM
http://imagehost.appledocs.com/out.php/i9507_image22.jpg
http://imagehost.appledocs.com/out.php/i9508_image45.jpg
http://imagehost.appledocs.com/out.php/i9509_image48.jpg
I like my new Graphic Card,a Saphire Radeon HD 3850.
ROW is the best Mod for SH4,
Regards
Rolf

Aniuk
12-29-07, 04:18 AM

I've got a 8800 gts 640 mb running on vista. ROW is the best. But I must warn you. It's so nice just to watch the sub rolling and sailing in the sunshine: Don't get caught by surprise. There's a war going on you know. Speaking from experience! Aniuk.

Love your screenshot btw:up:

DrBeast
12-29-07, 07:36 AM
Good for you, AVG! But you're not giving your old Radeon card its due credit. The 7800GS is at least three steps up from that card, in terms of processing power. And the whole glare issue, well, it's not really ATi's fault...or at least not completely. Both sides are to blame here. Now, guess what card I used when I got this screenie:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/blacksavvas/SunGlareandLensFlair.jpg

Hint: it's an ATi, same series as yours, with a bit more punch (ok, it's an X1650Pro). I get these results constantly when I pause the game, alt-tab out of it and back, and then go to outside view. Only lasts long enough for me to grab a pic or two, then it reverts to Ye Olde ATi standards.

ETA: Switching to a PCI-E platform is good and well, but for the love of the Gods, stay away from Vista! Make a dual-boot system with XP and Vista if you must, at least until Vista has been Service-packed a few times. I spent a whole weekend trying to get a new laptop to work properly with Vista. I got a 20% increase in white hair in that weekend, trying to get 2- and 3-year-old programs to work. Never happened!

ETA #2: Dave, talk to us, mate! We're getting a bit worried!

AVGWarhawk
12-29-07, 08:32 AM
The newer ATI and higher end ATI cards can make the glare and halo. My X1300 was fine with running the game with most of the buttons pushed and sliders to the right. At one time I had the halo with the X1300. I was testing textures for Leo. I had it then. The problem with ATI is the drivers for the 1000 series have gone to the wayside. I was stuck on 7.7. Anything after that the 3D engine would not start. Just as well I went back to Nvidia. My MoBo is made by Nvidia and all of components just seem to work together flawlessly. The Nvidia card I purchased from Tigerdirect was just a sweet deal. It has made a world of difference in visual and my mouse courser is smooth. All in all, I'm very pleased.

ReallyDedPoet
12-29-07, 09:43 AM
I purchased from Tigerdirect was just a sweet deal.
Seems like a fairly good place to get stuff, when I built my latest rig I used Tiger.ca for some of the parts.
On another note, anyone here from Dave as of late, Christmas Eve was his last post.

RDP

DrBeast
12-29-07, 09:47 AM
You know, I really envy you americans sometimes...if only because of newegg. Whenever I feel like tormenting myself I hop to that site and browse around while drooling incontrollably! I then compare the prices there with the cheapest e-shop in Greece and get an urge to pack a bag and move to the US! :rotfl:

barndog
12-29-07, 09:54 AM
I run an 8800GTS in Vista Pro don't remember this problem til I installed Special effects 5b.

sqk7744
12-29-07, 12:48 PM
Anyone heard from LV/Leo/Dave?

* Great screenshots!

Wilcke
12-29-07, 12:53 PM
I have the AGP system so I went for this 7800. Last gasp before I switch to Vista and PCI.

Do what you can to skip Vista! Its a boondoggle. WinXP Pro SP2 is all you need!

AVGWarhawk
12-29-07, 12:59 PM

Do what you can to skip Vista! Its a boondoggle. WinXP Pro SP2 is all you need!

I have some friends who swear by Vista and others who say it suck. Personally, I wait a year and a service pack.

WilhelmTell
12-29-07, 01:36 PM
does anyone have a clue about pixelated flames??
I run an 8800GTS in Vista Pro don't remember this problem til I installed Special effects 5b.
I don't know if this could be helpful, but at least this guy had a similar problem with ROW. --> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=124412&highlight=flames

J B Lansing
12-29-07, 01:42 PM
Please excuse my interrupting your topic pirating discussion on graphics cards, but I repeat "HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM LEO RECENTLY??" He is usually on this site two or three times a day, but his last post was several days ago.
Anyone?
J B

baxter
12-29-07, 03:13 PM
I'm also getting concerned...not hearing from Leo for a couple of days usually means he's having health problems again. I hope he's okay and we hear from him soon.

sqk7744
12-29-07, 04:15 PM
I'm also getting concerned...not hearing from Leo for a couple of days usually means he's having health problems again. I hope he's okay and we hear from him soon.
No PM's (from him), he's usually right on spot.

FooFighters
12-29-07, 06:21 PM
No PM's (from him), he's usually right on spot.

Same here, last PM is from monday..
Hope he's oke.

donut
12-29-07, 07:30 PM
Our prayers are with you David,God Bless:sunny:

Torps
12-30-07, 03:18 PM
Hey guys,
Well I went to the USS COBIA. I regret I forgot my camera but hey maybe next time.

And in response to the PM's I have no clue what is going on with Dave. I did send him a email so lets hope for the best.

sqk7744
12-30-07, 03:20 PM
Thanks Torps!

Defiance
12-30-07, 05:45 PM
Hiya's,
On about vista, I have had a dualboot setup of xp and vista on seperate drives, Tried x86 and x64 versions

Conclusion i made or conclusions ........

With vista you can tweak it some, But you really do require a nice spec rig to benefit from it
Added another 2 gig of 8500 and vista rocks, This is in the x86 format

Nvidia drivers are almost (i stress almost) on par performance-wise with xp, But more ram has helped me (and yes you only see 4 gig of ram in x64 vista, but from what i read the unacounted gig gets used for somert lol)

SP 1 rc is out and in a few mins i will try it

Been flitting with Crysis (fiancee got it me for xmas) and in vista x64 i found it was stuttery, In x86 format she rocks

If any of you are running older rigs i would suggest hold on to xp as long as you can, If newer rigs or upgrading then vista for my money is the way forward

My 2c or rather 2p worth

(if you wanna see what spec pc i have i'll do a screenie to show how i got it to run decent)

Have Fun

Hope your ok Dave Sir :rock:

Ciao

Def

Fish40
12-30-07, 09:08 PM
I'm really starting to worry about Dave:cry: This isn't like him to be away for so long. I wish the person (I guess his friend) that posted here the last time Dave was laid up would give us some clue as to what's going on. My prayers are with you buddy!

letterboy1
12-30-07, 09:20 PM
Hi Leovampire, hope you're doing fine. My prayers go out to you. Take care.

sqk7744
12-30-07, 09:21 PM
I'm really starting to worry about Dave:cry: This isn't like him to be away for so long. I wish the person (I guess his friend) that posted here the last time Dave was laid up would give us some clue as to what's going on. My prayers are with you buddy!
Me too, we're all thinking of you Dave.

Cheers,
-A

ReallyDedPoet
12-30-07, 09:22 PM
Me too, what was his friends' forum name?

He used Daves :yep:

RDP

J B Lansing
12-31-07, 07:45 AM
As near as I can tell, Leovampires last post were in a thread he started calling for beta testers on the 24th and in the TM1.74 beta thread on the same date.
J B

sqk7744
12-31-07, 10:41 AM
As near as I can tell, Leovampires last post were in a thread he started calling for beta testers on the 24th and in the TM1.74 beta thread on the same date.
J B

Gents, I'm really getting worried...

The last PM I have from Dave was marked 12-24-2007, 02:19 PM

ATR-42
12-31-07, 12:27 PM
Best wishes and calm seas wherever you are Dave. Hope to have you back to the community soon.
Here is a small tribute to your hard work...
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/klehmann/SH4Img2007-12-31_010920_156sm.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e53/klehmann/SH4Img2007-12-31_002637_156sm.jpg

Ducimus
12-31-07, 03:51 PM
J B

His profile shows" Last Activity: 12-24-2007 07:20 PM "

I think hes left enough personal information in his profile where i think theres a way to find out if the worst has happened or not, but id rather not say what im talking about as its not a very happy thought.

Rather, im just going to assume that the holidays have had Dave preoccupied, as his last posting was on xmas eve. Maybe he got out of the hospital sometime thereafter and his families corralled him to be a good boy for awhile. :rotfl:

Fish40
12-31-07, 04:14 PM
J B

I think hes left enough personal information in his profile where i think theres a way to find out if the worst has happened or not, but id rather not say what im talking about as its not a very happy thought.

Rather, im just going to assume that the holidays have had Dave preoccupied, as his last posting was on xmas eve. Maybe he got out of the hospital sometime thereafter and his families corralled him to be a good boy for awhile. :rotfl:

I'm one step ahead of you. I didn't say anything, but I emailed one of the major hospitals in Waterbury, with a name, and medical condition (from what Dave told us). I'm hoping for a response. I also have the phone#. There is another hospital center listed, but didn't get a chance to inquire. Let's hope this leads somewhere, or better yet, let's hope Dave pops in and says:" what's all the fuss guys, I'm fine!"

Fish40
12-31-07, 07:10 PM
I just contacted the other hospital centre on my list via email. Let's hope we could get some info, although it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. If I don't recieve any response by email, I'll phone the hospitals and inquire that way.

I live about 80 miles from Dave, so even a drive up there on my day off is well within reason. Let's hope for the best.

ReallyDedPoet
12-31-07, 07:12 PM
I was checking a few Waterbury Web Sites for some kind of info, but nothing. Thanks for the info Fish40 :yep:

RDP

professorpeanut
12-31-07, 07:20 PM
I was checking a few Waterbury Web Sites for some kind of info, but nothing. Thanks for the info Fish40 :yep:

RDP
same here - i spent a good 2-3 hours earlier scavenging CT news, even print and online from areas close to Waterbury, no mention of David's fitting his age in any of them.

everyone remember to toast Dave's health this New Years ;)

ReallyDedPoet
12-31-07, 07:26 PM

RDP same here - i spent a good 2-3 hours earlier scavenging CT news, even print and online from areas close to Waterbury, no mention of David's fitting his age in any of them.

everyone remember to toast Dave's health this New Years ;)

Yes to Dave :()1:

RDP

sqk7744
12-31-07, 07:47 PM
J B

Right Duci,

Last time a car hit a utility pole and took out his internet for a bit.

I just contacted the other hospital centre on my list via email. Let's hope we could get some info, although it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. If I don't recieve any response by email, I'll phone the hospitals and inquire that way.

I live about 80 miles from Dave, so even a drive up there on my day off is well within reason. Let's hope for the best.
Thanks Fish40 :up:

* Does anyone know if Dave was going (before) to Watebury, Yale New Haven, Hartford or Danbury Hospitals?

Aniuk
12-31-07, 08:04 PM
To all of you in the States, would you be so kind to post a message in this thread as soon as you have news from LV. I hope everything turns out all right. For all of you best wishes for 2008 for you and your loved ones. Aniuk

Doolittle81
12-31-07, 10:40 PM
Feeling quite helpless here along with the rest...All I can do is wish for the best for Dave today and hopefully throughout the entire coming 2008.

Torps
12-31-07, 10:43 PM
I should of asked Dave which hospital he went to last time, but like the rest of you, I felt confident Dave would be alright.

My New Year's toast is to Dave.

cheese123
12-31-07, 10:46 PM
Im sure hes fine, he's probably toasting to us right now.:()1:

tater
12-31-07, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I hope all is well.

sqk7744
01-01-08, 12:37 AM
Happy New Year gents!

http://butchmoran.com/images/HAPPY2008.jpg

rcjonessnp175
01-01-08, 02:30 AM
Happy new year and all the best wishes and regards to Dave aka leovampire:rock::rock:

monegeetta
01-01-08, 04:32 AM
To Dave (MIA) and all, thanks for all the work that was put into the Mods throughout the year they have made SH into the best subsim to date. Even an old Air Force bloke like me likes to go underwater to get away from it all (and the misses,:nope: only surface when called for tea). Hopefully Dave will surface soon. All the best in 2008.

mrbeast
01-01-08, 09:46 AM
Ditto the coments already on here for Dave.:up:

Dave, hope you had a great Xmas and you're having a happy new year.:sunny:

Hope to see you back on here soon Skipper:arrgh!:

Front Runner
01-01-08, 12:03 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all for Dave's quick return to us.

Mush Martin
01-01-08, 12:24 PM
heres hoping the new year finds him safe and brings him
easy months ahead.....
M

baxter
01-01-08, 03:27 PM
This can't be good news, not hearing from Leo or even his friend for so long. Ducimus and Fish40 were doing some investigating to try to find him at hospitals but I guess without success since they haven't posted. I wish Dave a Happy 2008 no matter what the situation is. He's generously given so much to this community, I'm very grateful to him.

Nuc
01-01-08, 05:48 PM
[quote=Ducimus][quote=sqk7744][quote=J B Lansing]
* Does anyone know if Dave was going (before) to Watebury, Yale New Haven, Hartford or Danbury Hospitals?

Yale New Haven.

Fish40
01-01-08, 07:36 PM
[quote=Ducimus][quote=sqk7744][quote=J B Lansing]
Yale New Haven.

I'll try to contact YNH tomorrow. I was waiting until tomorrow to see if I recieved any responses from the two hospitals in Waterbury that I contacted, before I called them. It now seems that we have at least a hospital that Dave was at befor. Thanks NUC!:up:

Fish40
01-01-08, 08:27 PM
I just sent an email to YNHH. All we could do is wait and hope this produces something. I'll give it until tomorrow for the emails. If I don't recieve any responses, I'll start calling directly. I don't know what else I could do at this point.

baxter
01-01-08, 09:41 PM
Thanks Fish40.

sqk7744
01-02-08, 12:03 AM
Thanks very much Fish40 :up:

Lionman
01-02-08, 05:06 AM
I just sent an email to YNHH. All we could do is wait and hope this produces something. I'll give it until tomorrow for the emails. If I don't recieve any responses, I'll start calling directly. I don't know what else I could do at this point.

I guess we all just hope that he's OK. Thank you for chasing it up on everyone's behalf.

ReallyDedPoet
01-02-08, 08:14 AM
Thanks for your efforts Fish40 :yep:

RDP

Mush Martin
01-02-08, 08:16 AM
:yep:me2

Torps
01-02-08, 09:50 AM
Thanks Fish40, I hope you or I or anyone for that matter have some news soon. I am very nervous, this is not like Dave or Fransico (his friend) not to give us any updates.

Digital_Trucker
01-02-08, 10:09 AM
Thanks very much, Fish40, for your effort in finding out what's going on. I agree with Torps, that it's been too long without some kind of contact. Hoping and praying for the best.

Q3ark
01-02-08, 11:13 AM
I'm more of a lurker around here, but i had to stop by and wish Dave/Leo good luck wherever he is. From what i have read, he is a kind and considerate person who is never too busy to help a guy out. Not to mention an outstanding moder.

Dave you are a credit to this comunity and i hope to see you back soon.

best wishes Q3ark

professorpeanut
01-02-08, 11:32 AM
if money is a concern for you Fish I have free LD for all of North America -- so I can help out with a call if needed.

i have some serious doubts about our likelihood of finding anything out via phone to a Hospital though. even in person you would get no information with only a first name and condition - unless we luck out and get someone that doesn't do their job, which is protecting patients privacy.

i don't know how things are in the US, but i know in Canada they are quite wary about giving out info, and if i didn't have a last name i'd be asked to leave.

it's worth a try at least in my opinion

tater
01-02-08, 11:53 AM
With the current HIPAA rules, they'd not give out any information at all. They won't even give it to a spouse without a waiver.

tater

sqk7744
01-02-08, 12:07 PM
Thanks Fish40!

Last night I chased Leo's yahoo profile. Not much there but a sbcglobal email addy and a first name.

There is a Dave M Leo in Waterbury, ...but that's a long shot.

Yeah, it's going to be tough getting past the nurses station with, "is there a Dave there, brown hair, goatee, 43 years of age? Might have come in on Christmas eve."

Now, Dave did mention that he was recieving a military funeral, so if anyone is in the 'Army pipeline' that could give us a lead. ( Dave was in the Army as a Combat MP with the 432nd MP company and 101st Rangers ) maybe RcJonsey has some leads.

* Dave is also a mechanic, but I don't know what garage he was with.

Daves' last subsim activity was 12-24-2007 10:20 PM

I'm really getting worried, but am hoping for the best.

Cheers,
-A

ReallyDedPoet
01-02-08, 12:09 PM
Nice work on trying to find out about Dave guys, shows what kind of community SUBSIM is, all class :yep:

RDP

professorpeanut
01-02-08, 12:20 PM
Thanks Fish40!

Last night I chased Leo's yahoo profile. Not much there but a sbcglobal email addy and a first name.

Yeah, it's going to be tough getting past the nurses station with is there a Dave there, brown hair, goatee, 43 years of age. Might have come in on Christmas eve.

Now, Dave did mention that he was recieving a military funeral, so if anyone is in the 'Army pipeline' that could give us a lead. ( Dave was in the Army as a Combat MP with the 432nd MP company and 101st Rangers ) maybe RcJonsey has some leads.

Cheers,
-A

as grim as it sounds i've spent a great deal of time going through Obits and Army announcement boards - no luck (which IMO is a great thing). obviously if i find anything i'll post it here immediately.

re: Dave M Leo, I'd say that's either the craziest coincidence of the new year - or that's the Dave we've come to love and respect ;) might be worth giving that address a call, might have more luck than the hospital.

Doolittle81
01-02-08, 02:35 PM
I just stumbled across this old thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119798&page=4 There is a post there from August 2007 (third from last post, final/4th page).

It's well worth reading and will surely make you appreciate even more the magnitude of Dave's achievement with ROW and, of even greater importance, his personal character and strength.

Furia
01-02-08, 03:25 PM
A silent prayer and my very best wishes so we could hear from Leo soon and all would be OK.

skwasjer
01-02-08, 03:40 PM
Thanks Fish40!

Yeah, it's going to be tough getting past the nurses station with, "is there a Dave there, brown hair, goatee, 43 years of age? Might have come in on Christmas eve."

* Dave is also a mechanic, but I don't know what garage he was with.

Cheers,
-A
His name is NOT Dave M Leo (unless he signed into the hospital using an alias?). I have his full name (through paypal), but for privacy reasons (even though we all love Dave) I will not post it here. I may share it with one or two people that are the best candidates to figure out where he is. Please PM me if you think you are (fish40?).

I hope I'm right and that he didn't use an alias on paypal though, but that seems highly unlikely as the name looks to be like a normal name...

Hope Dave is just taking some weeks off, and that we all worry over nothing :(

Fish40
01-02-08, 05:36 PM
As you know, I've been trying to contact the hospitals in Dave's area in a vain effort to try to find something. No luck. As many stated, they're not going to give out any patient info. I was even thinking about a PI. I have some friends who are in law enforcement. If worse comes to worse, mabey they know someone who owes them a favor. It's a long shot, and we're not at that point yet, but just an idea.

Torps
01-02-08, 05:42 PM
Ok Guys............... well I must say this really sucks, here is the email I just received from Dave's friend, Fransico.

David had a stroke.

We packed up the dogs and go to see my family and spend time there for the holidays in Philadelphia. One morning when I woke up David not wake up. At the hospital they said he had a stroke. He can not move his left side and can not talk. I do not even know if he know me all he does is cry and we not know if it is pain or upset.

I hope our going there did not do this I do not know if even my fault asking him to come with me.

I do not even know when I can get him closer to home. I had to come back home to work or we lose everything. I not know what to do. I want David home.

Sorry but David no more internet or play games.

Francisco

MORE INFO TO FOLLOW :damn:

AVGWarhawk
01-02-08, 05:43 PM
Not a good thing at all. I hope at the very least Dave can get on home.

tater
01-02-08, 05:53 PM
Damn.

I hope he recovers. Fingers crossed.

Send Francisco our regards, and remind him that he had nothing to do with the stroke.

tater

ReallyDedPoet
01-02-08, 05:57 PM
Here is hoping Dave gets home and that he recovers. Also as tater said, remind Francisco that it was not his doing.

RDP

Fish40
01-02-08, 06:07 PM
This is truly devestating news:cry: I'm praying for Dave and his family, which is all we could do now.

professorpeanut
01-02-08, 06:07 PM
I'm not one to pray - but tonight I'll send one out for you David, and Franc. I hope you read this board and realize how many people are here for you - wishing you the absolute best...

letterboy1
01-02-08, 06:17 PM
:cry: Again, my prayers go out to Dave.

Torps
01-02-08, 06:17 PM
Here is hoping Dave gets home and that he recovers. Also as tater said, remind Francisco that it was not his doing.

RDP

I just sent Francisco an email, basically saying the fact Dave went along was the best thing, vs being home alone! I hope it helps and I hope I hear back from him soon. This is a shot below the belt for us all.

skwasjer
01-02-08, 06:20 PM
Oh no... Of all the people, why him :cry::cry:

Digital_Trucker
01-02-08, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info, Torps. I hate to be repetetive, but please tell Francisco that it is not his fault and that our thoughts and prayers are with them. If anyone can pull off a recovery, it would be Dave.

Edit:Couple of posts while I was typing and thinking. Thanks for relaying that to Francisco, Torps.

ReallyDedPoet
01-02-08, 06:24 PM

RDP
I just sent Francisco an email, basically saying the fact Dave went along was the best thing, vs being home alone! I hope it helps and I hope I hear back from him soon. This is a shot below the belt for us all.
Thanks Torps.

RDP

professorpeanut
01-02-08, 06:31 PM
I know we're all concerned about Dave's privacy - but I'd personally like to give something back if at all possible. I'm more of a lurker on these boards and I'm never really putting myself out there - but maybe we should consider setting up an account for donations whilst keeping his privacy secure, someone mentioned knowing his paypal account.

From Franc's email they appear to be in a tight situation and I can't bear sitting here thinking about how helpless he must feel right now - and if I could help ease that burden in any way possible so Franc could be with Dave, or vice versa.. I'd feel a hell of a lot better (not that this is about me - i'm sure you all know what I mean).

Let me know what you all think.

Torps
01-02-08, 06:36 PM
I know we're all concerned about Dave's privacy - but I'd personally like to give something back if at all possible. I'm more of a lurker on these boards and I'm never really putting myself out there - but maybe we should consider setting up an account for donations whilst keeping his privacy secure, someone mentioned knowing his paypal account.

From Franc's email they appear to be in a tight situation and I can't bear sitting here thinking about how helpless he must feel right now - and if I could help ease that burden in any way possible so Franc could be with Dave, or vice versa.. I'd feel a hell of a lot better (not that this is about me - i'm sure you all know what I mean).

I PM'ed Neal earlier in hope 's he could offer some help in setting something like that up for Dave.

Ducimus
01-02-08, 06:36 PM
Words fail me.

I hope for the best.

Fish40
01-02-08, 06:43 PM

Sounds like n excellent idea!:up: Any help we can give I'm sure will be greatly appreciated.

Aniuk
01-02-08, 06:51 PM
Thanks to all of you for finding out what was the matter with LV and for posting it on the forum. What can I say? Just read the message from Torps and although I know of some remarkable recoveries after a stroke, it does not feel right. Let's hope for the best. Aniuk

professorpeanut
01-02-08, 06:55 PM

I PM'ed Neal earlier in hope 's he could offer some help in setting something like that up for Dave.
I figured some of you would already be on top of it - let me know if I can do anything to help. I'll try to get in contact with Ubisoft tomorrow - I have a few industry contacts, and I'm sure some of them will be willing to help out if they can.

Torps
01-02-08, 06:56 PM

I figured some of you would already be on top of it - let me know if I can do anything to help. I'll try to get in contact with Ubisoft tomorrow - I have a few industry contacts, and I'm sure some of them will be willing to help out if they can.

Im sure you know Dave gave Ubi some of his work so it would only be fair.

Quagmire
01-02-08, 06:57 PM
:cry: Why do things like this always happen to the good/smart people... :cry:

Lets pray for the best fellas. My neighbor had a stroke a few years ago. He couldn't move his arm, etc. However he HAS recovered. It is possible.

There is hope...

professorpeanut
01-02-08, 06:58 PM
I do indeed. I'll get on it first thing in the AM and post updates in this thread.

cheese123
01-02-08, 07:03 PM
Sad stuff,:cry: same thing happened to my grandfather last year.

Torps
01-02-08, 07:03 PM
I do indeed. I'll get on it first thing in the AM and post updates in this thread.

Awesome thanks.

sqk7744
01-02-08, 07:06 PM
That really sucks to hear!

I was so hoping Dave was anything but in that situation...

Thanks Torps for keeping us in the loop.

Francisco could read him our well wishes.

Dave is in our thoughts and prayers. He'll be back in these waters, I just know it.

THE_MASK
01-02-08, 07:12 PM
Praying for a full and speedy recovery . sober out.

Skipbo
01-02-08, 07:13 PM
I'd like to add my thoughts and prayers for Dave's recovery to those already expressed by the caring members of the SUBSIM forum. In my short time aboard, I've been impressed by not only his knowledge, but his willingness to help us all. Certainly hope that he makes a full recovery. What a sad and terrible thing to happen to such a nice guy.

............Jim

elanaiba
01-02-08, 07:46 PM
Damn it... :(

I lost my father to a stroke last July.

Hope Dave recovers...

rcjonessnp175
01-02-08, 07:47 PM
Dave, hang in thier and fight. Give it time and the body will take care of its self, as always bro ur one of the nicest guys and caring individuals ive met, u were an asset to talk and interact with when i was in baghdad. Recover live and be happy bro.

Jonesy:up:

panthercules
01-02-08, 07:56 PM
Truly sad news - I'm glad Dave's friend was there with him (how much worse would it have been if no one had been there to get help for him like that), and I hope he doesn't beat himself up over asking Dave to go along for the holidays. I'm not sure exactly how far away they were from home when it happened, but it sounds like one good thing some contributions might be used for could be to maybe have Dave transported back to a hospital closer to home where he could have more regular contact/visits from folks he knows.

I hope someone can set something up. I know the whole community is rooting for Dave to bounce back from this setback.

baxter
01-02-08, 08:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this...it's so sad. I hope there is a way to get them the funds to get him back home, I would certainly donate.

donut
01-02-08, 08:33 PM
To donate:up: Leo's A Survivor,we see his smoke,Ahead Full !:sunny:

J B Lansing
01-02-08, 08:34 PM
Oh Man! Oh Man!.... I am so sorry to hear that!.... I was hoping he was just taking some vacation.
J B

Marko_Ramius
01-02-08, 08:39 PM
:cry:

Hi Leo,

All my best wishes for your recovery. Have some rest and everything's gonna be allright.

Mush Martin
01-02-08, 08:42 PM
My Thoughts are with you Dave and Fransisco.
hopefully we can expedite the donation process
Im sure it will be needed.
M

WilhelmTell
01-02-08, 08:52 PM
I am shocked to hear that. And I really don't know how to express what I feel about this. But I hope you recover very soon. I wish you all the luck of the world !

skwasjer
01-02-08, 09:11 PM
As far as donation, using Leo's own account may not be the best thing. He may not be able to access it, nor may Franc. I suggest we wait if Torps gets a response from Neal to set something up...

Front Runner
01-02-08, 09:20 PM
I want to add my thoughts and prayers for Dave's recovery.
I was checking out dave's filefront download files

http://hosted.filefront.com/leovampire

I found a file called catswothattitudesII.wmv

http://files.filefront.com/CatswothAttitudesIIwmv/;9005722;/fileinfo.html

I know that this must have made Dave laugh so hard 'cause I did.

We all need a laugh right now, so check it out and send good thoughts, prayers and laughter to Dave.

Francisco,
Please tell Dave for me that he is in my thoughts and prayers.

kylesplanet
01-02-08, 09:22 PM
Well I don't have any words. Hang in there Leo, you mean alot to us all here at subsim. :cry: :cry:

clayp
01-02-08, 09:23 PM
SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE....:(..If we get something going for him I will try to give but it wont be much we are pretty broke.....:(

professorpeanut
01-02-08, 09:26 PM
As far as donation, using Leo's own account may not be the best thing. He may not be able to access it, nor may Franc. I suggest we wait if Torps gets a response from Neal to set something up...

yes - nothing will be done in haste, we'll make sure everything is set up properly which might require some communication with Franc.

I will be getting in touch with Ubisoft tomorrow and will update in this thread - I'm hoping they'll be receptive to the idea of helping us out with setting something up, and might have some ideas re: a reliable / accessible means of doing so. If not - I'm sure we'll be able to sort something out. Dave is a testament to what this community is capable of - and his story and work speaks volumes.

If anyone else has any ideas - or already has something that is in the process of being set up please post in this thread or PM me.

clayman
01-02-08, 10:12 PM
Dang it! Hang in their Dave ... every-one's pulling for you!

I was truly hoping not to hear this and like so many had hoped Dave was just busy with the holidays or some such ... yet as more time passed and with all he had been through I feared something was amiss.

Thanks Torps and Francisco. At least we know now.

Zero Niner
01-02-08, 10:17 PM
Sad news. I wish him a speedy recovery. :(

black1
01-02-08, 10:42 PM
Oh my god, just heard the news, im so sad about this and will definetely be praying tonight for him. We all hope for a recovery and for a long life for you Dave. We all thank you for your kindness and hard work you did for all of us. May god be with you and your family and may you recover fully. Man im really bummed and i only just got to know a little about him, please keep us posted on here about sending any kind of help that we can im all in.

Defiance
01-02-08, 11:20 PM
So sad
My mother had several strokes just last year, She only had ill effects on the last one (amazing how science can tell someone afterwards that they'd already had so many (blows ones mind)) anyways the last stroke she suffered made her paralised down one side and especially from her waist down, She lived on her own then and lay on the living room floor until my bro went to visit so she had been lying there for around 14hrs or so, When i went up right away she was sure she had what we call over here in the uk a dead-leg, But knowing how she couldn't move etc i called the doctors and within an hour she was in hospital, After a day of tests and not knowing what was what we were told it was a series of strokes she had had

Luckily it was the less severe short lasting type (all latin mumbo jumbo over here so i don't remember the correct term) in essence with medicine she is back to a slower version of herself but all functions have returned but she does get tired easily and maybe sometimes wobbles on her legs

We are praying here that maybe dave could be blessed (how rotten a way to describe it but i can't think of a better way) with the lesser type of stroke that can pass with minimal effects

Just glad someone was there

Really our thoughts go out for you dave

Ahh dang so sad, But hang in there and fight

:rock: Sir

Def & family

billko
01-02-08, 11:57 PM
My aunt had a stroke that paralyzed her whole left side. Now she's playing golf. All Dave needs is some time in dry dock and he'll be just fine. Last patrol was a tough one, but he can be patched together and be good as new.

Dave:
Hang in there, dude! Don't give up!!!

Bill

SteveW1
01-03-08, 12:07 AM
So sorry to hear.

Hope you get better soon Dave you are missed by all.

Doolittle81
01-03-08, 12:42 AM
Earlier I posted a link to an August 2007 post from Dave...... Not everyone on the forums follows such links... As I said earlier, Dave's post is well worth reading and will surely make you appreciate even more the magnitude of Dave's achievement with ROW and, of even greater importance, his personal character and strength.

I thought it okay now to directly quote that post from Dave:

Leovampire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me tell you a little story about me and what this game and learning to mod has done for me!

In July of 2006 I had a mild stroke that didn't effect me physically but mentally instead.

I had lost the ability to drive because I could no longer understand the difference between the right and wrong side of the road and I also lost all my depth perception as well and could not tell how close or how far things were from me and the car. Plus my ability to understand what I was seeing on the TV was garbled and had an extremely hard time understanding what exactly I was watching and seeing.

Then this new version of the Silent Hunter came out and it was something I had played for many years in the past so I just had to get it. Now I was told that it was a waste of money because I had a hard time playing my old games after the stroke and sometimes not at all. But I bought it nonetheless and forced myself to learn how to play it. Then there were the problems with game crashes and so forth before the patches and I ended up finding this Subsim community and got a lot of help from people here...players and mod'ers alike. Some people took me under their wing and started to help me understand the inner workings of the game and how to change things in it.

Well to make a long story short because of this game and people helping me here I was able to rebuild my thought processes enough to be able to drive again and understand things I watched on TV and that pulled me out of a depression so bad that all I had thought about was dieing every day I woke up.

This is what this game and learning how to mod has done for me! It gave me a new life again and a purpose to live again.

And then this year when I had a heart attack several of the guys here kept in touch with PM's that my friend answered for me and gave me all the messages while I was in the hospital. Redwine, Capatain Cox, Bando, Reallydedpoet showed me that no matter what the distance is between where we all live and the fact we have never seen each other in person made no difference. They showed me the true meaning of the SubSim COMMUNITY.

To the makers of this game and all here, give yourselves a pat on the back because in one way or another you have made my life better than it was.

Ya I know I am a sappy guy and it's time to shut up!! LOL!

I like to thing that Dave would appreciate having an old gramophone sitting by his bedside playing an old WWII scratched '78 RPM' Glen Miller recording of "Anchors Aweigh"

http://members.cox.net/doolittle80/Anchors%20Aweigh%20-%20Glenn%20Miller.wav

Maybe as Dave gets better we can help Francisco set up some sort of IPod music thingamajig for Dave....

monegeetta
01-03-08, 01:12 AM
:up: Hang in there Dave, our thoughts are with you we hope you have smooth seas again very soon.

Archie
01-03-08, 01:53 AM
Wether or not you believe in a God, I think that the prayers and best wishes from literally around the world we all hope will somehow reach Dave in his hour of need, we are all right there with you buddy, and I know that if there is ANYTHING any of this community can do, we will be there.

'General Quarters' guys, all hands to battle stations...... :arrgh!:

Furia
01-03-08, 03:08 AM
Still praying and wishing the best. There is always hope.

Regarding the donation, I just want to add that could be a good idea if he really needs that economic support however if he does not need such kind of economic help, I would like to suggest we direct our money to Neal so he can buy for Dave a really good and symbolic present.

I have the feeling that for Dave would mean much more to receive for instance a Gratitude plaque from the Subsim community where we do show our appreciation and recognition for him than to have some dollars in the account.
In the military they give medals, they have a very low ecconomic value but they mean a lot for the recipients.
I still have with pride my Subsim 2004 Winter Championship Price on my desk and it means a lot to me and not for its money value.

Of course all this proposal would be based in knowing if Dave does or does not need urgent economic support, however related to his health I believe that receiving a nice Subsim Brass awards Plaque and some Subsim stuff (I know Neal can prepare a really nice award or recognition plaque and stuff)
I believe this could be of a great help to help him to overcome his sittuation and may have more sentimental value than just a tranfer in a bank.
At least it would have for me.
So if you all agree and if it can be determined that moeny is not a real issuse and needed on this case I would like to propose we collect some money in order Neal can purchase a VERY nice and emotive Subsim Comunity Brass Plaque (or similar) specifically engraved for Dave and maybe accompany it with some other Subsim stuff.
This would tell Dave how we do care for him and would give his something to remember how important he is for the comunnity. Something he can hang on the wall or have on his desk and can look at it everyday and to show others.
I think this could be the best "medicine" and support we can give dave at such difficult moment.

Jimbuna
01-03-08, 04:22 AM
Sincerest best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave......These setbacks are quite often 'fixeable'....My father has experienced three in recent years, and after a restful period has pulled through.

This I am certain will be the same for you sir. :up:

Fish40
01-03-08, 05:20 AM
Still praying and wishing the best. There is always hope.

Regarding the donation, I just want to add that could be a good idea if he really needs that economic support however if he does not need such kind of economic help, I would like to suggest we direct our money to Neal so he can buy for Dave a really good and symbolic present.

I have the feeling that for Dave would mean much more to receive for instance a Gratitude plaque from the Subsim community where we do show our appreciation and recognition for him than to have some dollars in the account.
In the military they give medals, they have a very low ecconomic value but they mean a lot for the recipients.
I still have with pride my Subsim 2004 Winter Championship Price on my desk and it means a lot to me and not for its money value.

Of course all this proposal would be based in knowing if Dave does or does not need urgent economic support, however related to his health I believe that receiving a nice Subsim Brass awards Plaque and some Subsim stuff (I know Neal can prepare a really nice award or recognition plaque and stuff)
I believe this could be of a great help to help him to overcome his sittuation and may have more sentimental value than just a tranfer in a bank.
At least it would have for me.
So if you all agree and if it can be determined that moeny is not a real issuse and needed on this case I would like to propose we collect some money in order Neal can purchase a VERY nice and emotive Subsim Comunity Brass Plaque (or similar) specifically engraved for Dave and maybe accompany it with some other Subsim stuff.
This would tell Dave how we do care for him and would give his something to remember how important he is for the comunnity. Something he can hang on the wall or have on his desk and can look at it everyday and to show others.
I think this could be the best "medicine" and support we can give dave at such difficult moment.

From the way Dave's friend Francisco was writing, I would think they really need the money. However, why not get him a trophy as well! I'm sure our combined efforts would allow for both. Dave deserves this for all he's given to our community. One of the most kind hearted, dedicated guys I know, even if only through cyberspace.

TDK1044
01-03-08, 06:59 AM
Dave personifies everything that's good about subsim. He's very talented, friendly and extremely generous to others. Whatever the future holds for him, he will continue to be an inspiration for all of us.

mrbeast
01-03-08, 07:54 AM
This is very sad news, I'll be thinking about you Dave hopefully we'll see you back on here again soon:up:

I hope Dave knows that everybody on here is missing him and hoping he gets well soon. :yep:

kylesplanet
01-03-08, 08:12 AM
Dave personifies everything that's good about subsim. He's very talented, friendly and extremely generous to others. Whatever the future holds for him, he will continue to be an inspiration for all of us.

That is so true and every time I fire up SH4 I think of Dave.

AVGWarhawk
01-03-08, 08:16 AM

I think of Daves work when I see the sun set or the sun rise. He had it down to a science in SH4. I hope for Dave nothing but the best.

ReallyDedPoet
01-03-08, 08:18 AM
Get well buddy :yep::up:

RDP

Cap'n Spanky
01-03-08, 08:35 AM

I think of Daves work when I see the sun set or the sun rise. He had it down to a science in SH4. I hope for Dave nothing but the best.

Ditto..

I'm lost for words... but hopeful for a bright outcome!!:rock:

Hawk_345
01-03-08, 08:40 AM
This is indeed the last thing we wanted to hear, We all pray for you Dave, and hope for a speedy recovery in the near future and that all goes well afterward.

seafarer
01-03-08, 11:25 AM
Wow, can't even think what to say. I too have vascular disease, had a heart attack and a PE, and you learn to just live with the increased risk and not worry about what may happen. Then, when it does happen, even to someone you know is at risk, it still just throws you.

Never give up Dave. As others have said, many folks have strokes and recover. My father had a stroke after 4 heart attacks, but he still came back from it. Hope is a powerful thing, as is force of will. I wish you well and I will keep my hope for your recovery in my thoughts.

Wilcke
01-03-08, 11:43 AM
My prayers are with you Dave! I wish he could see the outpouring of support from his SubSim family. If anyone is in contact please let us know if there is anything we can do to support him.

Canonicus
01-03-08, 12:21 PM
Dave...God be with you brother, in your hour of need.
I'll be stormin' heaven... with my prayers for your speedy recovery!

DrBeast
01-03-08, 12:30 PM
Holy sh*t...
I've just returned from my christmas holidays and came to a netcafe to check things out in here...and the first thing I see is bad news regarding Dave...
I'm really lost for words, I had quoted a few days back that Dave has such a tenacity that he'll find a way to beat even that pesky Grim Reaper. And, by the Gods (whichever you believe in), I still think he'll do it!
Hang in there, Dave...just hang in there...damn, this year has gotten off to a very, very wrong start :stare:

CDR Resser
01-03-08, 12:54 PM
Very sad news indeed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Dave.
I hope that Dave's friend knows that any or all of us will help in any way that we can.
Fair winds and following seas, Dave

Respectfully Submitted
CDR Resser

momo55
01-03-08, 01:06 PM
Ok Guys............... well I must say this really sucks, here is the email I just received from Dave's friend, Fransico.

David had a stroke.

I hope our going there did not do this I do not know if even my fault asking him to come with me.
I understand ,Francisco, that you have this thought's . It's normal to have "what..if..had " questions .
Don't worry , friend of our friend , nobody here will even think about it to trow the first stone at you .
Because we all know a stroke can hit you at anytime and at any place whatever you are doing ...or just not doing.
Dave could have it wile walking the dogs or wile modding for his and our pleasure to .

All you can do , is being as much as possible by his side ,take care of his beloved dogs and if you have a few minutes left ...keep us informed pleace.

Sincerest best wishes for a smooth recovery Dave .
Much strenght and my respect to you Francisco

java`s revenge
01-03-08, 01:09 PM
I was checking this thread for a couple of days after my holiday.

Then i have read that very sad news. I felt my heart did a harder heartbeat.
This isn`t true Leo. We need you, don`t leave us, I beg you!!!!!!!

Further i have no words for this situation.

A sadly dutchman.

Alex
01-03-08, 01:20 PM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4851/leonc5.jpg

We pray for you, Sir, please get well...

professorpeanut
01-03-08, 03:08 PM
Hi guys,

I've been in touch with Cédric Orvoine at Ubisoft Montreal (Ubisoft Romania is incredibly hard to get in touch with).

Will post any update in this thread. I detailed David's story and linked him to several different threads on subsim. I have encouraged him to register and join us in this thread to help us try to sort something out to assist David and Franc.

He will be forwarding everything to PR at Ubisoft Romania as well, or at least - give us some proper contact information for the office.

Best,

PP.

This was posted earlier - but for anyone who isn't fully aware of David's story please give this a read: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119798&page=4

kylesplanet
01-03-08, 05:32 PM
Hi guys,

I've been in touch with Cédric Orvoine at Ubisoft Montreal (Ubisoft Romania is incredibly hard to get in touch with).

Will post any update in this thread. I detailed David's story and linked him to several different threads on subsim. I have encouraged him to register and join us in this thread to help us try to sort something out to assist David and Franc.

He will be forwarding everything to PR at Ubisoft Romania as well, or at least - give us some proper contact information for the office.

Best,

PP.

This was posted earlier - but for anyone who isn't fully aware of David's story please give this a read: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119798&page=4

Thanks for everything PP:up:

Torps
01-03-08, 06:06 PM
I received another email from Francisco, I am summarizing it however if you guys want I can always post his responses in its entirety.

Dave is currently at Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital in Philadelphia. He is still in the ICU. Dave still has a blood clot and the options they are giving Fran and family are both risky. The choices he has could make things worse or kill him.

EDITED: Dave is unable to receive anything until he gets out of the ICU.

I did not want to summarize the following......

I do not know what to do. I wish Dave have family to help me decied other than I. I hope I can wait till I can go see him again after work Friday. I leave at 11 at night work and can be there all weekend.

Thanks for tell me not my fault but still feel guilty anyways.

I will tell more as I know. Mom and Pop go to see him all the time for me so he not be alone.

ReallyDedPoet
01-03-08, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the update Torps, sounds like a grim situation indeed, however nice to know Dave has someone there to be with him at the hospital. All thoughts are with him and Francisco now. Difficult decisions ahead for them.

Also thanks to PP for his efforts.

RDP

AVGWarhawk
01-03-08, 06:32 PM
Thank ou for the update Torps. Keep us posted!

longam
01-03-08, 06:50 PM
Prayers with you Dave

Torps
01-03-08, 07:31 PM
Hey guys.
Can someone do me a favor and get the latest getwell messages/ comments to me in a PM so I can send it to Francisco? I am in the middle of moving (just got MY 1st house) so any help would be appreciated.

elanaiba
01-03-08, 07:32 PM
Hmm,

Do we have someone in Philly? If yes, do you think it would be wise and possible have a print from the Subsim community put near Dave's bed, so he can see it?

They say these things count and help one fight his illness but on the other hand it could cause more trouble. When my dad was in post-stroke coma we kept for 4 days as close to him as possible (ICU) constantly dodging doctors, talking to him and telling him to fight.

In the end, he died with no apparent results for our efforts - his situation might have been very bad - brain dead - to begin with. But the strange thing is, he flatlined right as the priest that my mother brought finished his service.

elanaiba
01-03-08, 07:41 PM
For Francisco: I suspect Dave's condition resembles my father's. If that is so, you simply cannot control when the next stroke happens and must perform surgery (bypass operation).

One doctor told my dad - "You may die at your desk, reading the papers, or while watching TV". No strong emotions or activity is needed, the condition is THAT bad.

So keep the spirit up! This is not of your doing! But Dave needs you to fight along him. Be positive, be near him, and you may be that little something he needs to fight further.

ReallyDedPoet
01-03-08, 07:47 PM
Hey guys.
Can someone do me a favor and get the latest getwell messages/ comments to me in a PM so I can send it to Francisco? I am in the middle of moving (just got MY 1st house) so any help would be appreciated.

Torps might be to long for a PM, PM me your email and I will compile the list a little later tonight and send it to you. This ok.

RDP

Torps
01-03-08, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the update Donut. We will figure something out.

AVGWarhawk
01-03-08, 08:56 PM
Francisco's responce,
Who are you to know send money to for Dave?

David very sike can not tell me how to get or take money.

Francisco

My reply:Hola Francisco,

I am John Glaze,Donut at Subsim,Email>>donut @Q.com,& feel so helpless for Dave's well being.Let my donation to Dave's
Paypal acct.remain a nest egg,for when Dave can allow paypal password for access to same.If you should you need funds to get you both home to Waterbury Ct.Call . The best way to transfer funds is paypal open acct. in your Email,& password, it's free, paypal charges a small fee to put $ in your acct.but then you can transfer funds to your bank acct.
Can Dave speak ?, ask him for his paypal password then he may allow you to use his Acct.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A friend in need.Regards,Donut

Francisco's reply:
David he no can talk or write. He try but what he think he write mean nothing. When he try to talk he can not put word together so he crys from frustration I think.

So we no know what he wants or needs.

Thanks for donation John but right now no need. David gets disability from old job and SSI and I work.

Luckly neighbors can offer help with dogs if I need and my family help with David until I can be there weekend only.

David be mad if he knew milage car will have on it. I do not think he know he still in Philidelphia.

Francisco

Torps/Donut, email Fransico and tell him to bring the laptop computer to the hospital next time he goes. Have his sign on to Subsim. Perhaps Dave can still read the posts and get something positive out of this. Elaniaba suggest printing these posts up for Dave but maybe the laptop will do the trick.

ATR-42
01-03-08, 09:08 PM
I am a big believer in financial support, we need to get neil or AVG on this. I agree not to dave directly but to a third party that will manage the donations. Ie paypal managed by subsims or the mods then dispersed and donated by the moderator.

my company, of roughly 45,000 employees, (10K of which are pilots) does this as occasions arise. When a coworker has something bad happen, the company will put together a We Care account. Employees donate freely while one or two people monitor it. At the deadline, they simply CUT A CHECK and walk it in to the family or person in need.

I really think something like this should be put together, SOON and put a deadline on it for donations, allow it to accrue and simply donate the money. I needs to be done by a board moderator AVG or Neil.

it is one of the only true ways to show our level of support. even if its just a few hundred or amounts to a few grand, its SOMETHING.

Moderators HELP.

skwasjer
01-03-08, 09:10 PM
I said earlier it isn't smart to sent paypal donations to Dave directly, because it isn't likely he is able to access it nor give out a password if he has trouble communicating. Don't get me wrong, the gesture is great, but we need an alternative...

Dave, my thoughts are with you. I hope the docs fix you up as soon as possible. A humble e-buddy...

ReallyDedPoet
01-03-08, 09:12 PM
Francisco's responce,
Who are you to know send money to for Dave?

David very sike can not tell me how to get or take money.

Francisco

My reply:Hola Francisco,

I am John Glaze,Donut at Subsim,Email>>donut @Q.com,& feel so helpless for Dave's well being.Let my donation to Dave's
Paypal acct.remain a nest egg,for when Dave can allow paypal password for access to same.If you should you need funds to get you both home to Waterbury Ct.Call. The best way to transfer funds is paypal open acct. in your Email,& password, it's free, paypal charges a small fee to put $ in your acct.but then you can transfer funds to your bank acct.
Can Dave speak ?, ask him for his paypal password then he may allow you to use his Acct.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A friend in need.Regards,Donut

Francisco's reply:
David he no can talk or write. He try but what he think he write mean nothing. When he try to talk he can not put word together so he crys from frustration I think.

So we no know what he wants or needs.

Thanks for donation John but right now no need. David gets disability from old job and SSI and I work.

Luckly neighbors can offer help with dogs if I need and my family help with David until I can be there weekend only.

David be mad if he knew milage car will have on it. I do not think he know he still in Philidelphia.

Francisco

Torps/Donut, email Fransico and tell him to bring the laptop computer to the hospital next time he goes. Have his sign on to Subsim. Perhaps Dave can still read the posts and get something positive out of this. Elaniaba suggest printing these posts up for Dave but maybe the laptop will do the trick.

I am doing these up for Torps AVG :roll:, will send them in an email a little later. Be nice for him to have that laptop, or for somebody with him to have one.

RDP

billko
01-03-08, 09:17 PM
Francisco's reply:

Tell him to draw pictures of what he wants! My friend had a stroke and couldn't write, but he drew pictures instead because drawing involves the other side of the brain! It worked wonders. In fact, my friend was also succesful at drawing pictures of what the words SOUNDED like!

Bill

AVGWarhawk
01-03-08, 09:19 PM
I will get with Neal. He is a bit more savy with this sort of thing.

ReallyDedPoet
01-03-08, 09:23 PM
I will get with Neal. He is a bit more savy with this sort of thing.

Ok AVG, I am still going to compile the threads just in case. I have started, may as well finish it. Dave deserves our best efforts.

RDP

_Seth_
01-03-08, 09:44 PM
...When my dad was in post-stroke coma we kept for 4 days as close to him as possible (ICU) constantly dodging doctors, talking to him and telling him to fight.

In the end, he died with no apparent results for our efforts - his situation might have been very bad - brain dead - to begin with. But the strange thing is, he flatlined right as the priest that my mother brought finished his service.

Sorry to hear that, Dan...:cry: Life is really a strange thing..

To Dave: Mate, please, get well...My thoughts and prayers are with you..

Donner
01-03-08, 10:01 PM
But for the grace of God go I...

My father, a WW2 US Navy vet, had a T.I.A. (transient ischemic attack, or mini-stroke) just this past Saturday. He lost his bearings...had some memory problems...for about an hour. His memory returned, he's doing fine now, and his doctor is on the case.

I send my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Dave, his friends, and family. I shall pray for a full and speedy recovery.

Take care,Dave. And God bless.

clayman
01-03-08, 10:02 PM
Francisco's reply:

Tell him to draw pictures of what he wants! My friend had a stroke and couldn't write, but he drew pictures instead because drawing involves the other side of the brain! It worked wonders. In fact, my friend was also succesful at drawing pictures of what the words SOUNDED like!

Bill

Great suggestion Bill ... I never knew that. Also ... Dave needs his rest. We've had our share of stokes in my extended family. My aunt especially was very agitated right after her stroke. Frustration at the lost of movement and communication. I've seen care and calm do wonders.

Strength to Francisco and our prayers to Dave.

longam
01-03-08, 10:22 PM
Leo aka Dave.

The Reflections on the Water gives life to the ocean and sky around our very environment as we sail in the virtual world.

I can only thank you Dave for your contribution and future contributions to this modification for the silent hunter series.

During your recovery and absence I shall continue to sail on your shinning seas and enjoy your sunrises and sunsets that you have provided from your efforts.

Is this a complete mod?
Does an artist know when it really is?

ROW is complete with more to come.

sqk7744
01-03-08, 10:55 PM
Hi guys,

Best,

PP.

Great work professorpeanut! :up:

I'd be happy to assist with any web coding or transactional jargon deciphering, etc.

Onkel Neal
01-03-08, 11:15 PM
hi guys, Torps and Warhawk asked me to see if we can help Leo/Dave in some way, with either a donation from the heart or some gesture to show we care and wish him best. After reading the posts, it sounds like Francisco suggests there is nothing we can do now. If we could get an address to the hospital, we could each take a minute and send a card with a message, that would really mean a lot. If Francisco thinks a little $$ will help, we can set up a donation page like we did for Abraham's family.

If you can get a number for Francisco or someone in Dave's family, PM me with the number, thanks. I realize we cannot all call at the same time, so I would be glad to be the point man for this.

Neal

Archie
01-03-08, 11:25 PM
Could we have Dave's last name? We know which hospital he is in in Philly (Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital in Philadelphia), at least then we can fill his ward (when he gets out of ICU) with get well cards, flowers, bits of sunken jap transports etc. :arrgh!:

Phase05
01-04-08, 12:05 AM
Im more of a lurker then a active poster, but considering Daves condition i felt i had to say SH4 wouldnt be 1/2 as beautiful as it is without his work and myself and my family wish you the very best Dave, and hope you pull through/get well soon.

billko
01-04-08, 12:11 AM
Im more of a lurker then a active poster, but considering Daves condition i felt i had to say SH4 wouldnt be 1/2 as beautiful as it is without his work and myself and my family wish you the very best Dave, and hope you pull through/get well soon.

I'm sure your family appreciates all the extra time you spend playing SH4 now that you've incorporated Dave's ROW into it. ;)

Bill

MONOLITH
01-04-08, 01:17 AM
I've been gone for a couple months.

Words fail me.

Thank you Dave, for being a friend.

Stay strong. I wish the best to you and your family.

Torps
01-04-08, 01:35 AM
I just sent Fran and Dave a email with all the get well wishes (12 pages worth) along with a request for a contact number as per Neal's suggestion and some words of encrouragement.

Also ,thanks reallydedpoet for getting the get well wishes together.

I also added a few others, up to Monolith's message.

elanaiba
01-04-08, 04:38 AM
Elaniaba suggest printing these posts up for Dave but maybe the laptop will do the trick.

Actually I was thinking of putting up a print of an artwork/game screenshot that would tell something about the ROW mod, SH4, subsim, etc. A submarine. Something that Dave doesn't need to read, but can easily identify and understand we support him and there is hope and has more to fight for.

HunterICX
01-04-08, 04:47 AM
Just reading this thread,
as I pop up here rarely,

but checking his age 43 , :nope: thats no age to suffer all this (and the other 11 attacks he suffered)

I hope he gets well soon, and be home safe in good health.

Hey Dave, you're a strong person. reading you survived those 11 attacks, show this stroke where you are made out off! looking towards to see you back on subsim in good shape.

I wish you a good recovery, mate

HunterICX
Flightsim Moderator

WilhelmTell
01-04-08, 05:04 AM
Elaniaba suggest printing these posts up for Dave but maybe the laptop will do the trick.
Actually I was thinking of putting up a print of an artwork/game screenshot that would tell something about the ROW mod, SH4, subsim, etc. A submarine. Something that Dave doesn't need to read, but can easily identify and understand we support him and there is hope and has more to fight for.

I like that idea. Maybe a big poster of a beautiful sunset/sunrise from ROW with some encouraging words on it. You know ROW is something very, very important for him.

But what ever, we need to do it soon.

Fish40
01-04-08, 05:09 AM
Could we have Dave's last name? We know which hospital he is in in Philly (Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital in Philadelphia), at least then we can fill his ward (when he gets out of ICU) with get well cards, flowers, bits of sunken jap transports etc. :arrgh!:

From the info I got: Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital

1500 Lansdowne Ave. Ste1

Darby, PA. 19023

(203) 237-4000

From Francisco's emails to Torps, Dave is still in the ICU unit, and will not be able to recieve anything until he is out of Icu.

Aniuk
01-04-08, 05:21 AM
Torps,

thank you. If I understand correctly there is no fundraising necessary at the moment?

From the other side of the Atlantic it is a long way, on subsim it's just around the corner. I hope Ubi will feel the same and support if necessary this great modder. That truly would be great! Plse keep us updated, it doesnot mean a lot, but in a way keeps me connected to the most difficult battle of all. Getting better!!

Aniuk

Alex
01-04-08, 06:01 AM

I like that idea. Maybe a big poster of a beautiful sunset/sunrise from ROW with some encouraging words on it. You know ROW is something very, very important for him.

Exactly.
I'm actually looking for the creation of a donation page on Subsim... Giving money is the best, probably, cause there's not much I can do, from the other side of the Atlantic...
By the way, I would like to send him a letter from France. Does anyone know his adress at the hospital ?

Edit : Please send me a PM to give me his adress, in case you don't want to make it public in this thread. Thank you very much in advance !

TDK1044
01-04-08, 07:31 AM
Just a thought, but as Dan eluded to in one of his posts, stroke victims can often hear and understand what's going on around them but are not able to verbally communicate with anyone. Might it be an idea therefore to get a phone number (Dave's cell maybe) from Francisco where we could leave brief voice mails of support for Dave. Francisco could then play these for Dave so that he is aware of our high regard and best wishes for him.

ReallyDedPoet
01-04-08, 08:04 AM
I just sent Fran and Dave a email with all the get well wishes (12 pages worth) along with a request for a contact number as per Neal's suggestion and some words of encrouragement.

Also ,thanks reallydedpoet for getting the get well wishes together.

I also added a few others, up to Monolith's message.

Thanks Torps :up:

RDP

AVGWarhawk
01-04-08, 08:14 AM
hi guys, Torps and Warhawk asked me to see if we can help Leo/Dave in some way, with either a donation from the heart or some gesture to show we care and wish him best. After reading the posts, it sounds like Francisco suggests there is nothing we can do now. If we could get an address to the hospital, we could each take a minute and send a card with a message, that would really mean a lot. If Francisco thinks a little $$ will help, we can set up a donation page like we did for Abraham's family.

If you can get a number for Francisco or someone in Dave's family, PM me with the number, thanks. I realize we cannot all call at the same time, so I would be glad to be the point man for this.

Neal

Neal, you are a gentlemen and a scholar!

Mush Martin
01-04-08, 08:17 AM
Nice Idea Something anything.........

Wilcke
01-04-08, 10:32 AM
Excellent idea...just let us know...thanks for being point on this...

MONOLITH
01-04-08, 12:51 PM
Watching beautiful ROW sunsets from my sub deck has taken on whole new meaning.

ReallyDedPoet
01-04-08, 12:57 PM
You got that right :roll::yep:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1401/sh4aj1.jpg

RDP

kriller2
01-04-08, 01:09 PM
I hope you will get well soon Dave :yep: we still have some more work to do.

The idea of the creation of artwork from ROW is a nice idea. Thanks to all subsimmers submitting there help and support in this thread I know Dave appreciate it.

kylesplanet
01-04-08, 01:10 PM
Watching beautiful ROW sunsets from my sub deck has taken on whole new meaning.

Yep. I stare at it a little longer.

Bluesub 6
01-04-08, 02:34 PM
Get well Dave!
D´ont give up!

Doolittle81
01-04-08, 03:27 PM

A Poster is a great idea. Also, along with that, perhaps someone could print out a set of the best Screencaptures...specifically those which have already been posted in the "Screenshots and Videos" Sticky thread on this forum, and specifically those of the recent month(s) which show off the great ROW visuals. These could be bound/compiled in a three-ring notebook of some sort for Dave's friends/visitors to flip through with him. Some of his friends (and/or Francisco's family) are likely unaware of his Hobby activities and successes.
[I don't have a quality color printer, myself...sorry]

Torps
01-04-08, 05:00 PM
I have not received any new info.

ReallyDedPoet
01-04-08, 05:09 PM
I have not received any new info.

Thanks Torps, we will continue to wait and hope that Dave gets better.

RDP

professorpeanut
01-04-08, 05:28 PM
Still no response from Ubi - which I find quite depressing, but I'm sure we'll do just fine organizing something if they do not get in touch. It is still the tail end of the holidays so it's possible the offices aren't back in to the swing of things (I know mine isn't, I think maybe 3 people of 20 rolled in to do some small things this week - heh).

Someone was mentioning posters - I think we will be able to get some swag sent to Dave from Ubi if nothing else. If I don't hear from Cedric over the weekend I will call his office on monday.

Have a good weekend all. And hang in there David & Franc.

Fish40
01-04-08, 05:46 PM
I PM'd Neal with some info I recieved in confidence while I was doing my hospital searches for Dave. This should give us the added momentum we need !

Dave , hang in there buddy! You've got the whole world praying for ya! Never give up!

elanaiba
01-04-08, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure Ubi will be able to do something officially, but indeed its the start of the year and many people are away. And any ball takes a little to roll.

Back to the poster/print, we could print something on zazzle.com or cafepress and have it sent directly to Francisco's parents.

I have used zazzle.com once before and I think they do ok ;) Neal and Gino can testify.

The problem is, we need something to print. The only thing I have around in large enough form (DPI and all that) is a side and top down view of a Gato class, which is cool but not directly ROW related.

ReallyDedPoet
01-04-08, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure Ubi will be able to do something officially, but indeed its the start of the year and many people are away. And any ball takes a little to roll.

Back to the poster/print, we could print something on zazzle.com or cafepress and have it sent directly to Francisco's parents.

I have used zazzle.com once before and I think they do ok ;) Neal and Gino can testify.

The problem is, we need something to print. The only thing I have around in large enough form (DPI and all that) is a side and top down view of a Gato class, which is cool but not directly ROW related.

To bad something like this could not be used, an amazing shot from Doolittle I think. To small though.

http://members.cox.net/doolittle80/Departing%20Pearl%20at%20Sunrise

RDP

AVGWarhawk
01-04-08, 07:23 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/avgwarhawk/SH4Img2008-01-01_093230_687-1.jpg

Directly ROW related and I have in a large .bmp if needed. I specifically purchased a Nvidia card because of Daves work. I wanted halo and glare which Dave worked on. He specifically spent hours with me to find the ATI halo fix. We found the answer....Nvidia. My ATI card did not do it for me. So I went and spent the money specifically for Daves work. If you want to use this as a candidate for the poster I can get it to in a .bmp form and larger than 800x600.

Daves work was that good in my pea brain!!!! Dave sees this, he will fully understand he got it to work for me.

ReallyDedPoet
01-04-08, 07:27 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/avgwarhawk/SH4Img2008-01-01_093230_687-1.jpg

Directly ROW related and I have in a large .bmp if needed. I specifically purchased a Nvidia card because of Daves work. I wanted halo and glare which Dave worked on. He specifically spent hours with me to find the ATI halo fix. We found the answer....Nvidia. My ATI card did not do it for me. So I went and spent the money specifically for Daves work. If you want to use this as a candidate for the poster I can get it to in a .bmp form and larger than 800x600.

Daves work was that good in my pea brain!!!! Dave sees this, he will fully understand he got it to work for me.

That is very nice :up: Hopefully a decision can be made on this soon.

RDP

elanaiba
01-04-08, 07:29 PM
Whats the biggest size (resolution) we can have that in ?

Digital_Trucker
01-04-08, 07:38 PM
....photo snipped to save bandwidth....

Ditto on the buying a video card to make ROW look like it should (exact same GPU in fact:lol: ). I can't count the number of sunrises and sunsets that I've capped just because of Dave's work. I also can't count the number of times I've had to empty the trash can because of the his LBO work.

This place (and certainly this game) wouldn't be right without Dave. Whatever we can do to help him in this situation we should do. Unfortunately, as frustrating as it is, mostly what we can do is hope that our thoughts and prayers have some positive effect.

Torps
01-04-08, 07:41 PM
I do not think I will get a update from Francisco until probably sunday/monday.

AVGWarhawk
01-04-08, 07:43 PM
Whats the biggest size (resolution) we can have that in ?

I have it at 1280 x960 saved in .bmp format. I can zip it up and email to you or file front. let me know

elanaiba
01-04-08, 07:47 PM
We need something bigger if we are to print this large ... Zazzle recommends 100 pixels per inch of print... :(

panthercules
01-04-08, 07:52 PM
Just a thought, but as Dan eluded to in one of his posts, stroke victims can often hear and understand what's going on around them but are not able to verbally communicate with anyone. Might it be an idea therefore to get a phone number (Dave's cell maybe) from Francisco where we could leave brief voice mails of support for Dave. Francisco could then play these for Dave so that he is aware of our high regard and best wishes for him.

Great idea! However, another, perhaps better way to accomplish this same effect (assuming Francisco could take the laptop to the hospital and use it to play the files) might be for folks to simply record their get well wishes on their PC in a .wav or .mp3 file and upload the files somewhere (maybe here on Subsim?) - then the files could be downloaded to the laptop and could be played for Dave at the hospital.

I think it would be easier for Francisco to manage all the messages, decide which ones to play, etc. that way than if they were all just piled up in a cell phone voice mail box - plus, folks who wanted to leave the messages (especially our overseas friends) wouldn't have to incur LD phone charges to leave the messages.

Just a thought.

@Dave - hang in there man - we're all pulling for you and hoping you'll be able to put back to sea in SH4 to enjoy your ROW work soon:up:

AVGWarhawk
01-04-08, 07:54 PM
We need something bigger if we are to print this large ... Zazzle recommends 100 pixels per inch of print... :(

Darn it :damn: .

elanaiba
01-04-08, 08:12 PM
Perhaps someone with a really big (widescreen?) monitor at home can take a good printscreen?

Alternatively, a mix of several shots like for example:

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/l/leovampire/93141/jitaseqlex.thumb500.jpg

Who's brave (and skilled) enough to tackle this?

AVGWarhawk
01-04-08, 08:20 PM
Perhaps someone with a really big (widescreen?) monitor at home can take a good printscreen?

http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/l/leovampire/93141/jitaseqlex.thumb500.jpg

I do not have the know how to do this. Just turning on the computer is a trial for me. :oops:

elanaiba
01-04-08, 08:22 PM
You're a funny man :)

(must go to sleep for the night, or else I get it)

AVGWarhawk
01-04-08, 08:23 PM
Good night sir!

WilhelmTell
01-04-08, 10:02 PM

I think Foofighters is candidate for that. He made many awesome screenshots and as far as i know, also has an high-end pc. What is the highest available resolution ingame btw ?

Kpt. Lehmann
01-04-08, 10:38 PM
<Removes hat.>

God bless you, LeoVampire.

Doolittle81
01-04-08, 10:49 PM
I'll work on this over the weekend. I have a good Graphics card (8800GTX) and I can capture the SH4 Max Res of 1920X1200 as a BMP file. I would think that could be turned into a decent size poster by someone with the Poster-printing skill/equipment.

ReallyDedPoet
01-04-08, 10:50 PM
I'll work on this over the weekend. I have a good Graphics card (8800GTX) and I can capture the SH4 Max Res of 1920X1200 as a BMP file. I would think that could be turned into a decent size poster by someone with the Poster-printing skill/equipment.

Nice gesture Doolittle :yep:

RDP

Snakeeyes
01-04-08, 11:17 PM
Speechless.....

Just learned of the news.

Dave, your extended family misses you. Take it one minute at a time. Don't give up. Recovery really is possible. As a person with a degree in Biology I can honestly say that medicine STILL does not fully understand the true nature of strokes. PLEASE keep the faith and know that we're all behind you 100%. You've touched us all with the beauty of your work. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

stabiz
01-05-08, 12:42 AM
This is awful.:cry: I just saw this now, and I really hope you get well, Leo. Your mod wastly improved the look of SH4, and your personality wastly improved these forums.

java`s revenge
01-05-08, 05:06 AM
Why don`t you go to a professional studio or ...

some thought..

Fish40
01-05-08, 05:43 AM
Here's an ironic twist for ya! After hitting a brick wall with the hospitals I contacted in Waterbury, I recieved a response from Yale New Haven Hospital. To sum up: They'll pass on my info to patient relations, and try to locate Dave. If they find him, they would have him contact me.

I know in light of the tragic truth this sounds irrelevent, but just wanted you to know in spite of insurance and privacy acts, and the rest of the red tape BS, there are some decent people who are willing to help!

swdw
01-05-08, 06:10 AM

You could alway do a montage of a number of shots. that will give you the larger resolution you need.

Best wishes for you Dave, and will be praying for you too. Keep fighting! We miss you around here.

Redwine
01-05-08, 09:44 AM
Speechless.....

Just learned of the news.

Dave, your extended family misses you. Take it one minute at a time. Don't give up. Recovery really is possible. As a person with a degree in Biology I can honestly say that medicine STILL does not fully understand the true nature of strokes. PLEASE keep the faith and know that we're all behind you 100%. You've touched us all with the beauty of your work. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Very sad to know the bad news :shifty: , i am with no computer at moment and from from few days ago and was not in know about this.

My best desires for Leo...

Onkel Neal
01-05-08, 10:12 AM
Update: A forum member passed to me what he believe's is Dave's name and address, phone number. I've called and left a voice mail, explaining who I am, and what the call is about, and asked (if this was the correct party) that they return my call.

I checked the Fitzgeral Mercy Hosp in Darby PA, and the two rehab centers associated with it, the patient relations manager said they did not have a record of the patient by that name.

Right now, to proceed past a point of well wishes and posts, we need to contact his family and 1. verify the situation and status, 2. receive confirmation that his friend Francisco, and his family are receptive to any efforts we make, and can tell us what they think we can do to help.

Keep me posted, thanks

Neal

Caltone
01-05-08, 11:04 AM
I am just floored. I had been checking this thread every few days waiting for an update. I've just read through the last 5-6 pages to catch up and just don't know what to say. I lost my Mom to a stroke a couple of years ago. She was in ICU for a long time but even after they moved her out, she was never able to communicate effectively with us again. Eventually she died from another stroke. Unfortunately that can often be the outcome in cases like this.

I do belive in the power of prayer and hope that everyone regardless of thier personal beliefs will pray for Dave's recovery.

Neil, Torps, et al, please let the community know if we can do anything.

Gunfighter
01-05-08, 11:23 AM
http://www2.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/52d27e56ec75fb834156ae80b19a59a26g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=5zmtjtkom3m&thumb=4)
Res 1680 x 1050 is it something like this you are looking for

Alex
01-05-08, 04:41 PM
"Get well soon Dave". Stop "From all captains at Subsim".

Just had an idea... Instead of writing "from all captains at Subsim", maybe we could find a pretty (and LARGE !) SH4 ROW screenshot and write lots of good wishes (each one signed) on it from all of us ! :D

sqk7744
01-05-08, 05:19 PM
"Get well soon Dave". Stop "From all captains at Subsim".
Just had an idea... Instead of writing "from all captains at Subsim", maybe we could find a pretty (and LARGE !) SH4 ROW screenshot and write lots of good wishes (each one signed) on it from all of us ! :D

Great Idea!
We all could include our signature image and a cheery note :up:

The Kill Flags Team would be happy to help.

Best,
-sqk7744

http://www.battleflags.net/images/GetWellLV.jpg

The General
01-05-08, 05:42 PM
We're rootin' for you Buddy.:up:

Torps
01-05-08, 06:26 PM
Well guys I have Adobe photoshop CS3 and with that I can blow up a image and for the most part maintain quality, all I need is a screenshot we can agree on. I can blow it up and email it to whoever or upload it to filefront for all to see.

elanaiba
01-05-08, 06:51 PM
Any of those screenshots is good for me.

But I suggest less text, or little parts of text that he can easily understand.

We need to have Dave, Leovampire, Subsim, ROW and perhaps SH4 mentioned. For Sh4 you can use a game logo or something.

Also I think if you blow it up to have it printed larger (I'd say A3 or larger) I suggest you put most of the text (except the title - perhaps ROW?) put there on the "big version" as to have a better sense of scale and not clutter the pic.

Doolittle81
01-05-08, 08:04 PM
I'd suggest minimal text, if any. Someone smarter than me can give advice, but I think with a stroke reading might be a strain in some cases. I'd keep the Poster very simple...just a beautiful ROW screenshot.

Reece
01-06-08, 02:42 AM
I only just found this, not much I can say that will change things, I just hope for a full or near full recovery, my heart goes out to his loved ones.:cry:
Reece.

Gunfighter
01-06-08, 07:18 AM
Thanks Guys for comments on poster for Dave.I don't think we could make a poster big enough to include all our signatures,and I made Text large to make it easy to read for Dave.And for each captain to add a note again would need a hell of a size poster,I have also been able to blow up poster to A3 size 16in x 11in,at 3264 x 2040 pixels without lost of quality.This was just an idea and agree we must include a referance to ROW Thanks again for comments.:up:

Gunfighter

silent killer
01-06-08, 07:55 AM
:D THANKS LEO and every one that contributed to the new releases of row and tested them for you

Front Runner
01-06-08, 08:03 AM
The message included on the poster should be large enough for Dave to read, short, easy to understand.
We have no way of knowing what level of comprehension he has due to his stroke. It is best not to make him struggle to comprehend what the message is about so the message should be very clear and to the point.

I am heartened and amazed by the cohesive energy of this forum. We have all come together for one of our members who is down but not out. Thanks to everyone who is contributing their thoughts, prayers and energy to help Dave, our brother in arms, to recover from his illness. I miss him and his constant tinkering with his already very fine ROW mod. I can understand his desire for perfection and his motivation to continuously play with and tweak the ROW mod.

I am looking forward to the next update on his condition which I hope and pray has improved since the last update.

Gunfighter
01-06-08, 08:39 AM
http://www1.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/4ae49418d1368f4b8cf8532bfc06a33f6g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=4yqxxnvxtbn&thumb=4)
Again 1680 x 1050 Comment welcome anybody else give it a try??

Cap'n Spanky
01-06-08, 09:55 AM
Again 1680 x 1050 Comment welcome anybody else give it a try??

Sweet job Gunfighter!! :up:

Mush Martin
01-06-08, 10:18 AM
Nice :up:

_Seth_
01-06-08, 10:57 AM
Excellent! :yep::up: Good Job!

sqk7744
01-06-08, 11:07 AM
Nice Gunfighter!!! :up:

ReallyDedPoet
01-06-08, 01:34 PM
Very well done GF, thanks for doing it :yep::up:

RDP

elanaiba
01-06-08, 01:41 PM
Very good Gunfighter!

I think we're settled on the pic :)

1) Where do we send it? Francisco's parents? Need an address.
2) How will we do it ? I can upload to zazzle and have it printed and sent directly to address.
3) Torps do you want to have a go at blowing it up slightly larger? Any expers in res and printing with advice?

elanaiba
01-06-08, 01:50 PM
BTW, can we have a "less compressed"/bitmap version?

HunterICX
01-06-08, 02:05 PM
Really a nice picture Gunfighter :yep:

HunterICX