SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How would you prefer?
All in a single mod (only 1 Big Mod) 42 52.50%
Just the way it is (in parts) 38 47.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-12, 01:54 PM   #1006
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
In my opinion your untiring helpfulness, your innate sense of humor and your unpaired modesty would have been 3 excellent reasons per se.

And lets hope a soon to be fourth reason - a megamod
:Kaleun_Salivatin g:
Old 12-29-12, 03:34 PM   #1007
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
In my opinion your untiring helpfulness, your innate sense of humor and your unpaired modesty would have been 3 excellent reasons per se.

In addition, there are rumors about a possible linkage between Russian mafia and subsim that might have contributed to your nomination... world has not been the same since the fall of the Berlin wall
Well Gap, You're repeating the word 'mafia' too much time, so Stoianm is already on the way to Palermo with a 'deadhorse head' in his laggage

As for MMM, than there is a problem still existing with this mod: 'Harbor addition' + mtns + OHII that are included in it are not compatible with TDW's "Sub_Exaust" and "Sub_Flags" mods that are very popular among the community (not sure but "TDW AI Sub Crew" may also cause some troubles with MMM combination). Uekel in his megamod "Sleightfahrt" have managed to implement them, and Pedrobas couldn't do this hoping that TDW will help but TheDarkWraith was hectic at that moment.
So I think for the new 'master' of MMM colaboration with Uekel, TDW should be very helpfull..... but if I'm not mistaken both of them are not on the air for a long time
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-12, 05:02 PM   #1008
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Well Gap, You're repeating the word 'mafia' too much time, so Stoianm is already on the way to Palermo with a 'deadhorse head' in his laggage
Stoianm?
ah yes, our frien stoianm, poor guy. He was catching a cold there in the chilly climate of Canada, but I sent another good friend of ours to take care of him, and now he's recovering in his new concrete wintercoat

Be careful Vlad, I know Russian climate too is quite frigid

Quote:
As for MMM, than there is a problem still existing with this mod: 'Harbor addition' + mtns + OHII that are included in it are not compatible with TDW's "Sub_Exaust" and "Sub_Flags" mods that are very popular among the community (not sure but "TDW AI Sub Crew" may also cause some troubles with MMM combination). Uekel in his megamod "Sleightfahrt" have managed to implement them, and Pedrobas couldn't do this hoping that TDW will help but TheDarkWraith was hectic at that moment.
So I think for the new 'master' of MMM colaboration with Uekel, TDW should be very helpfull..... but if I'm not mistaken both of them are not on the air for a long time
I am 74.99 % optimistic that those mods can be merged with no major complications by using the tools and the knowledge we have yet available, although spotting the changes brong by each of them in their shared files can be a bit tricky
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-12, 05:11 PM   #1009
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
As for MMM, than there is a problem still existing with this mod: 'Harbor addition' + mtns + OHII that are included in it are not compatible with TDW's "Sub_Exaust" and "Sub_Flags" mods that are very popular among the community (not sure but "TDW AI Sub Crew" may also cause some troubles with MMM combination).
Hi Vlad!

but Harbour Addition and MTNS are not included in the last MMM version..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-12, 05:45 PM   #1010
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi Vlad!

but Harbour Addition and MTNS are not included in the last MMM version..
Yes, You are right, those mods were in MMM v.0.2 that I've tried to use. And because of those problems I've mentioned before Pedrobas gave up his attempts to include them in later versions, and I've lost any interrest to MMM after that. Sorry, something wrong with my memory

Then there are no any problems with MMM v.0.5 at all, because all the shared mods are compatible in a standalone version I think.
I don't know if those mods were tuned somehow or the megamod was done by simple coppying the folders of separate mods one into enother acc. to the modlist order.
Old 12-29-12, 06:03 PM   #1011
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Stoianm?
ah yes, our frien stoianm, poor guy. He was catching a cold there in the chilly climate of Canada, but I sent another good friend of ours to take care of him, and now he's recovering in his new concrete wintercoat
I can't believe that
Be careful Vlad, I know Russian climate too is quite frigid
Thanks, I'll keep my 'lupara' close to hand

I am 74.99 % optimistic that those mods can be merged with no major complications by using the tools and the knowledge we have yet available, although spotting the changes brong by each of them in their shared files can be a bit tricky
May be You're right, but we must also keep in mind that Uekel's 'Shleichfahrt' (that has a lucky 'marriage' of Sub Flags, Sub-exaust and MTNS) is not compatible with TDW NewUi's mod, and the reason is unknown. So the task to implement those mods into MMMv.0.5 should be really tricky indeed
Old 12-29-12, 06:40 PM   #1012
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I can't believe that
Just kidding: I heard from stoianm the last week, and he is alive and kicking. I need him to be so, if I want to keep making fun of him

Quote:
Thanks, I'll keep my 'lupara' close to hand
Is this your way to protect yourself from the harshes of the winter? A shotgun?
Here we are using radiators

Quote:
May be You're right, but we must also keep in mind that Uekel's 'Shleichfahrt' (that has a lucky 'marriage' of Sub Flags, Sub-exaust and MTNS) is not compatible with TDW NewUi's mod, and the reason is unknown. So the task to implement those mods into MMMv.0.5 should be really tricky indeed
yes, you are right. I think one of the reasons that have been pointed out for their incompatibility is excessive memory usage, not a "simple" file conflict
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 06:20 AM   #1013
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
I think one of the reasons that have been pointed out for their incompatibility is excessive memory usage, not a "simple" file conflict
You are right Gap. I have long experimented with these mods and found only one reason -memory problems associated with its intensive and excessive usage..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 08:21 AM   #1014
zypher146
Nub

Downloads: 20

I try so hard to make it work

When i install AIO i start new campaign and skip the tutorial

When i at the subpen i talk to the cheif ask for my mission i always get CTD

Even i end the game and load enter the base autosave I can't goanywhere sometime i got white background

Now i see the new ui thedarkwhart have update version how can i update it without cuase any problem with the whole package

Thank for help
zypher146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 01:46 PM   #1015
robin100
Watch

Downloads: 107

Hello,
Could anyone please upload part 3 of the MMM v.0.5 AIO to a different server than MediaFire, i.e. http://www.sendspace.com/ ? All the other parts of the MegaMod are still downloadable from MediaFire except this one.

I finally decided to give SH5 a chance (I'm an old veteran of the series from SH1) when I today bought my copy of the game for just 9$ Happy to see so many mods have been made since I visited the forums for the last time!

Old 01-04-13, 11:11 PM   #1016
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin100 View Post
Hello,
Could anyone please upload part 3 of the MMM v.0.5 AIO to a different server than MediaFire, i.e. http://www.sendspace.com/ ? All the other parts of the MegaMod are still downloadable from MediaFire except this one.

I finally decided to give SH5 a chance (I'm an old veteran of the series from SH1) when I today bought my copy of the game for just 9$ Happy to see so many mods have been made since I visited the forums for the last time!

Good morning robin100

Try this; MMM p3 - TDW UI v0.5
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 06:02 AM   #1017
robin100
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Good morning robin100

Try this; MMM p3 - TDW UI v0.5
Thank you! However, I meant part 3 from the AIO version at http://www.mediafire.com/?w2kbggoinmjdn
It looks that you have "MMM v0.5 in parts" like at http://www.mediafire.com/?eh8qyrbe85yim , so could you please upload MMM p4 - Sounds - Tweaked SDBSM v0.5.part1.rar to rapidshare too?
I've just downloaded all the otehr parts of MMM from mediafire, and this is the only parf of MMM I'm lacking now. It has been made undownloadable by mediafire.
Thanks again for your help!
Old 01-05-13, 07:00 AM   #1018
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin100 View Post
...MMM p4 - Sounds - Tweaked SDBSM v0.5.part1.rar...
---
this is the only parf of MMM I'm lacking now
Here you go

MMM p4 - Sounds - Tweaked SDBSM v0.5.part1

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 10:43 AM   #1019
robin100
Watch

Downloading right now.
Tack så mycket!