SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-09, 08:50 PM   #1
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default [REL] "Game Fixes Only" patch for stock v1.5

GFO WILL NO LONGER BE RELAESED UNDER THAT NAME BECAUSE IT NO LONGER CONTAINS ONLY FIXES SO IT WILL BE RELEASED UNDER A NEW NAME AND CALLED:

"Unofficial SH 4 Patch to v1.6"

WHEN IT IS RELEASED IT WILL HAVE A NEW THREAD FOR IT BY THAT NAME

Last edited by Webster; 05-14-09 at 04:48 AM.

Old 02-11-09, 10:12 AM   #2
C DuDe
Ensign

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

omg, dude.

Very very nice thx!
Old 02-11-09, 10:22 AM   #3
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

More amazing Webster mods. Thanks much.
Old 02-11-09, 10:26 AM   #4
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work here

RDP

Back in the Day

Old 02-11-09, 12:27 PM   #5
jimimadrid
spanish graphic guru

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 19

Good work. Keep on.
Old 02-13-09, 12:30 PM   #6
Soundman
Commodore

Downloads: 60

Fabulous! I just hope any mods I use don't screw the fixes up.

RVAH-9 RA-5C Vigilante at NAS Sanford, Fl 1966
The coolest plane few have heard of!
Old 02-13-09, 12:44 PM   #7
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman
Fabulous! I just hope any mods I use don't screw the fixes up.
most big mods

rfb - tmo - rsrdc - fotrs have most if not all of these fixes in them as far as i know but i cant say they have every single one.

if you see ones not working let me know and i can help you try to make a compatable file to include it in that mod.

i dont know what the resistance level is on this idea but if mods new updates start with this mod or make sure it contains all of them then nothing will ever be broken. but it would require cooperation

Old 02-18-09, 08:03 PM   #8
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Thank you for this mod , this SH4 have many bugs and errors
Old 02-19-09, 09:17 AM   #9
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Brilliant was hoping for something like this since long ago when it was first discussed

Many thanks for sharing mate, you should get a medal for this

We should call it the:

UNOFFICIAL 1.6 PATCH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to add however some comments:

Manual Range and Mast Height Dial Fix by ottos and munchausen

This mod allows you to input distance manually, but at the expense of being able to manually drag the mast heigth. In real submarines, mast heigth was used to measure distance, and distance when obtained via radar to measure mast heigth for succesive observations. However, the main function remains by being able to drag and move mast heigth and the game had it IMHO correct, so I would leave this "fix" out.

no hydrophone for u-boats on surface fix by kapitan zur see

That is correct for some hydrophones, but not for all. The Balkongerät should work even if surfaced.
Old 02-19-09, 02:40 PM   #10
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Brilliant was hoping for something like this since long ago when it was first discussed

Many thanks for sharing mate, you should get a medal for this

We should call it the:

UNOFFICIAL 1.6 PATCH

well here it is from way back when: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118494
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod allows you to input distance manually, but at the expense of being able to manually drag the mast heigth. In real submarines, mast heigth was used to measure distance, and distance when obtained via radar to measure mast heigth for succesive observations. However, the main function remains by being able to drag and move mast heigth and the game had it IMHO correct, so I would leave this "fix" out.

unless i missed something, this just lets you have the ability (only if you choose to use it) to try a different reference point to base your calculations from. i only see it as adding more realism since in real life you could do the same thing. im not saying its good or bad, just didnt see any reason not to have that option should you want to use it.

no hydrophone for u-boats on surface fix by kapitan zur see

That is correct for some hydrophones, but not for all. The Balkongerät should work even if surfaced.
i definately could use more imput on the hydrophones as well as these:

create GHG blind spot between 340 and 020 degrees

GHG and Balkon Gerat can pick up contacts at ~25km while at 20knots surfaced in bad weather

im not playing on german side much so im flying blind with these

Old 02-19-09, 04:40 PM   #11
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1
Quote:

You need to read further. Ottos' original change did as you say but the fix, allowing both range and mast height to be adjusted, is further down the thread.
Old 02-21-09, 03:56 AM   #12
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

have a look at this post that explains the mod that i used, it is a little different from the way otto did it in the original post of the thread.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...938#post831938

if you read you will see its different from the first version.

let me know if you still feel its not worth including in my patch.

i value everyones opinion, after all the whole point is to have something that is usefull for everyone.

Last edited by Webster; 02-21-09 at 12:32 PM.

Old 02-21-09, 06:52 AM   #13
Mav87th
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
Quote:

have a look at this post that explains the mod that i used, it is a little different from the way otto did it in the original post of the thread.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...938#post831938

if you read you will see its different from the first version.

let me know if you still feel its not worth including in my mod.

i value everyones opinion, after all the whole point is to have something that is usefull for everyone.
Copied my own explanatin from the original thread

It works this way:

1) If you identify the ship via hacking it off in the recognitions book
or.... if you give the order "Identify Target" via the WO

In this mode the marker swings too the value given in the ships cfg file for mastheadheight. No matter what you slide it to afterwards it will take the stadimeter reading from this.

2) If you do NOT identify the ship (aka nothing is present in the top field of the TDC)

In this mode you can slide it to any value you want to and take a stadimeter reading that is calibrated from that height. AKA if you have a ONI-208-J book and thus can make out the Funnel height to say 60 ft. then you put the slider on 60 ft. and take your stadimeter shot at the funnel top. If you want the top of the mast then you slide it to the top of the mast height as given in the ONI..

This (2) is how i use it, as i find it VERY helpfull to be able to use any part of the ship i see fit for the measurement. I allso enjoy paging around in the ONI to identify the ship - on long ranges guestimessing from what i can see. fx. starting out with naming it from Mast Funnel placements like the HARUNA MARU is a MMF-split (Mast Mast Funnel with a split superstructure)

If anyone here is interested i can make a mod (build on top of "JP Ship Dimension Fix1.3") available for use with any SH4 ver. where you have the ONI pages for the merchants in SH4 and ship cfg files with Gross tonnage, height, beam, length and draft from the ONI (and crew amount when possible).

Old 02-21-09, 08:35 AM   #14
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

The irony, the irony! Mr. Tweaker Mod, anti-supermodder himself brings forth his own and the newest supermod. Modding is a cruel mistress, but it looks like you can handle her.

So wow! We have Game Fixes Only (may I be the first to call it GFO?), Trigger Maru Overhauled, Real Fleet Boat, Fall of the Rising Sun, CA24-F and Operation Monsun, soon (?) to be joined by GWX4. This is one healthy game, I'd say with an explosion of creativity in the past several months to put new life in an old game. If I had said a year ago that today we would have six quality supermods, with a seventh on the way, for SH4 I would have been banned from Subsim for delusional thinking!

Great work Webster and Peabody. Looks like the future is in good hands.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 02-21-09 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-21-09, 12:42 PM   #15
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
The irony, the irony! Mr. Tweaker Mod, anti-supermodder himself brings forth his own and the newest supermod. Modding is a cruel mistress, but it looks like you can handle her.

So wow! We have Game Fixes Only (may I be the first to call it GFO?), Trigger Maru Overhauled, Real Fleet Boat, Fall of the Rising Sun, CA24-F and Operation Monsun, soon (?) to be joined by GWX4. This is one healthy game, I'd say with an explosion of creativity in the past several months to put new life in an old game. If I had said a year ago that today we would have six quality supermods, with a seventh on the way, for SH4 I would have been banned from Subsim for delusional thinking!

Great work Webster and Peabody. Looks like the future is in good hands.
well, thank you, but the goal is to NOT be a mod but rather a patch to be perminently installed over the stock game to get you as far as you can get to fix everything thats fixable.

im still anti-supermod in as much as to have stand alone mods to allow for everyones own personal taste to customize their own game. (i couldnt have done this without stand alone mods)

the idea is to create a whole new starting point to begin adding your mods to and i hope also allow the super mods to not have to include all the fixes so they will be smaller and faster and easier to download as well as to load or unload in the game.

Closed Thread