Old 08-22-09, 01:49 PM   #1
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8
Default SH5 Wishlist

I only have a few requests...

1) Death to the Notepad!
I don't want to be bound to some silly notepad-ish sorta thing for target data. Just leave that out and let us work the dials in some nice consoldated attack-map type area and I'll be happy.

2) Dual Monitor Windowed Support
Like maybe nav map on one monitor and another view on a different monitor.

3) Give us a way to interact with the game.
We like to build tools (like MoBo and SH Commander, etc) but we have limited ability to interact at runtime. Can we use a search pattern as a variable that we can define mid game with a different app and then be able to access it while playing? I could develop nav routes and intercept courses and have them all saved, and then just push a button to import them into the game. All I need is one of those search pattern slots that would read the data at runtime instead of initialized at game load.

That's it for me...
Old 08-22-09, 02:04 PM   #2
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

It would definitely be coolest of all ever for all time.
if they would release a modder friendly version with
an SDK (service developers kit ) instead of the usual
funny dual posture of we monitor the mod community
for good ideas but we dont acknowledge them at release
because theres no profit in it.

hmmm we are the guys that buy two copies.

Tutorial
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 02:28 PM   #3
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

1) AI for NPC submarines, Allows for Wolfpacks and a Royal Navy sub or two - to battle it out with.

2) AI topedo controller for Submarines, PT boats and Aircraft (a no brainer TBH)
I want to **** my pants when i see an Elco or enermy Sub! Just like a really Uboat skipper would have.

3) If 1) and 2) happen we also will need:
Watch crew able to spot Periscope & torpedo Wake trail
Sonarman able to i dentify torpeedo RPM's on the hydrophone.

4) Engine draw distance allows for ships render on the Horizon line - like SH3.
Please dont bother with a 25km athmosphere unless ships & smoke can also be seen at 25km, I cant stress this enough.

5) Much greater draw distance for land mass and Terrain objects, I believe buildings & trees magically appeared at about 2km in SH4.
Would be great if land itself could be rendered at 25k (the horizon limit) - just with a very low L.O.D, so it doesnt choke peoples systems.

6) Volumetric Fog and improved rain effects would also be nice.

Last edited by JU_88; 08-22-09 at 02:43 PM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 03:27 PM   #4
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

1. Support for multiple diesels and multiple electric motors. And aux diesels. (thinking ahead to fleet boats, plus steering with no rudder).

2. Keep track of named ships. In the Roster, have the names pulled randomly (unless specified in the mission editor). If a named ship is sunk, the name is off the roster. Include a wildcard roster names for ships that will always be available after all named are sunk.

3. Allow damage claims.

4. Kill the "instant success" paradigm. Add instead a system where the captain's log IS the kill recording system. Have the log include a plain text field, AND some pull downs for the type of entry it is. If it is a sinking report, then the skipper claims each sinking. The PLAYER enters the target class and tonnage. The report is given weight based upon what the game knows about the sinking. Was it viewed sinking by the player/crew? Stopped? Settling? Sonar sinking report? Radar? Upon RTB, your reports are weighted, and compared to fleet intelligence (a random chance to corroborate exactly). At the end of the player career, the claims are compared to actual sinkings.

5, Damage that makes the boat noisy. The bones are already in SH4 if you look. The lists of detailed damage that never got turned on (shaft damage, etc).

Last edited by tater; 08-23-09 at 11:06 AM.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 03:53 PM   #5
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

1) a pencil to write text in the map
2) a possibility to switch off gps and a button to get the position by use of a sextant (quality of positioning depends of weather and WO skills)
3) different sound volumes for single contacts and convoys (convoys could be heared for up to 100 km)
4) wolfpacks
5) radio commands from other boats, from bdu and from sinking ships)
6) possibility to give up the boat
7) manual control of depth rudders and diesel engines
8) rendering of the masts before seeing the hull of a hostil ship
9) the patrol shouldt end when docking in the harbour. the kaleun can (because of the new ego perspective) leave the boat and check out the harbour. perhaps he can go to the docks and look for new torpedos, technics or he can go to nightclub or to the flottillas comander and ask him for a new boat. when he is ready, he can come back to his boat and see his men waiting on deck for him... the role play should end when docking, it should be possible to explore the whole harbour by feed...

Jaeger

Last edited by Jaeger; 08-22-09 at 04:34 PM.
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 06:12 PM   #6
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

Good modability.
Better weather system - no endless storm or sunshine - fog and rain without wind too.
More events/triggers for the editor, NPC should be able to trigger events.
More space for briefing text while loading missions.
SHV Destroyer Command.
Free choice of resolution.

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 06:23 PM   #7
tater
Navy Seal

Uploads: 2

If they want players to see real naval engagements, they need to allow some scripted behavior of AI units. You need to be able to tell AI to hold their fire from one waypoint to the next, for example. Or specifically target a particular unit. There also needs to be a way to guarantee destruction of a particular unit.

Say you tell Bismark to fire on Hood at a certain waypoint, then you have Hood sink. The pull down to sink might have "slow, settling sinking," "capsize," "magazine explosion," "rapid by the bow," "rapid by the stern," etc.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 01:58 AM   #8
Kangraxx
Watch

Downloads: 25

In addition to most of the above, I'd like to see a decent UI for crew and sub management. Also a good UI for weapons and gear management on port would be great.

I specially stress on the crew UI coz the last one was a joke...
In fact the SH3 UI looked better imo... wtf was teh UI designer for SH4 anyway... lawl

my 2c
Kangraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-09, 02:29 PM   #9
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
4) Engine draw distance allows for ships render on the Horizon line - like SH3.
Please dont bother with a 25km athmosphere unless ships & smoke can also be seen at 25km, I cant stress this enough.

5) Much greater draw distance for land mass and Terrain objects, I believe buildings & trees magically appeared at about 2km in SH4.
Would be great if land itself could be rendered at 25k (the horizon limit) - just with a very low L.O.D, so it doesnt choke peoples systems.
These ones will do for me.

Old 08-25-09, 04:24 PM   #10
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittelwaechter View Post
Better weather system - no endless storm or sunshine - fog and rain without wind too.
Tell me about it, I once got 10 days of flat seas in SHIV...
TH0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 08:46 AM   #11
jdski
Gunner

1) I hope we can run the entire game in a 3d perspective so you don't need for any reason to use buttons or go to any 2d screens although they could be an option. Even be able to look at the charts in 3d and be able to have a free handed pencil to make notes, or whatever.

2) A log book we can edit.

3) Many interactive features in the sub that are finished.

4) Voice control, or at least keyboard shortcuts so we can use 3rd party apps to bark orders and the ability to order specific parameters such as "heading 256 degrees, at 80 meters!"

5) Be able to link the radio to internet radio. Someone I'm sure would come up with a stream that could be updated and relevent to the era.

6) A better death scene and more interaction to possibly slow or save the vessle in some situations.

*edited #4

Last edited by jdski; 08-26-09 at 09:28 AM.
jdski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 08:53 AM   #12
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

I just want a game that's finished when they release it.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:19 AM   #13
holtzbr
Watch

Downloads: 20

Rain squalls/weather fronts & the ability to duck into them when tactics warrant such behavior.
holtzbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:20 AM   #14
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

My wishes for SH5:

1) Individual controls for each engine - speed and direction.
2) More help in assigning promotions and awards after a patrol.
3) Ability to rescue survivors.
4) More realistic land - houses, trees, etc.
5) Houses of ill repute in home port (w/booze - maybe a drunk mod?)

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 10:04 AM   #15
rosentorf
A-ganger

Downloads: 79

Hey,

I'd love superior moddability with a scripting language. By this I mean that you could write a script for anything that can be triggered by an event or a button. It should be to edit crew behavior. This way for example you could mod the sh*t out SHV.

Example:

Make the radar/sonar guy only search the space in Front of Uboat to save time by not making full rotations.

For that matter:

It should be possible to make the sonar guy follow any contact
- NOT JUST THE CLOSEST ONE...

never understood (since SHIII) why this is not be possible

A scripting language should be easy - like python (oh please use python ). Imagine: editing crew behavior to your liking. Scripting your own emergency procedures. You could make your crew do certain things on spotting a ship. You should be able to control everything.

--rosentorf
rosentorf is offline   Reply With Quote