SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-08, 05:45 PM   #1
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default textures

just uploaded them, you might need to rename them according to the name of the sub though. cheers

ps in the game there were still the aft tubes of the 9xd2 model on top of the sen toku deck ????
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 10:14 PM   #2
Snaptrap
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the help, skwasjer. I do need a bit more though. I know very little about subs, but I'm wondering if there's a way to allow the sub to take turns at 100kts without rolling or diving?

Also, is there a setting that I can alter to make the subs slow down quicker when traveling at high speeds?
Snaptrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 02:39 AM   #3
jimbob
Ensign

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaptrap
Thanks for the help, skwasjer. I do need a bit more though. I know very little about subs, but I'm wondering if there's a way to allow the sub to take turns at 100kts without rolling or diving?

Also, is there a setting that I can alter to make the subs slow down quicker when traveling at high speeds?
You're asking about the game mechanics, not about the editor which this thread is about.

There is no "settings" in the editor that makes your sub go Pew Pew Pew,
answers to those kind of questions are in other threads.
ie. the information you seek is not in the editor, most likely it is about
what file in the game does what and edit those with the editors available.
Cfg files can be edited with Notepad and graphichs with Paint.Net,
data files with S3ditor etc...

Henceforth;
It seems you're looking a way to tweak your sub to go ludacrisous speeds etc,
which for me looks like maybe you need some cheats.

Also, there has been talks about "sub on rail" which might give answers on how the sub swims about.

About the diving speeds etc.
Im not sure how to edit those but I suppose if you look though
files in the subs directories, there's oughta be values some where to edit.
Maybe not precisely about dive speed but some stuff that affects the speed
to dive.

The search in these forums does work, allthought its not perfect.
99% of the info I need to find its in these forums, not only in Modworksops, thought.

Have fun.

jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 02:46 AM   #4
Snaptrap
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob
You're asking about the game mechanics, not about the editor which this thread is about.

There is no "settings" in the editor that makes your sub go Pew Pew Pew,
answers to those kind of questions are in other threads.
ie. the information you seek is not in the editor, most likely it is about
what file in the game does what and edit those with the editors available.
Cfg files can be edited with Notepad and graphichs with Paint.Net,
data files with S3ditor etc...

Henceforth;
It seems you're looking a way to tweak your sub to go ludacrisous speeds etc,
which for me looks like maybe you need some cheats.

Also, there has been talks about "sub on rail" which might give answers on how the sub swims about.

About the diving speeds etc.
Im not sure how to edit those but I suppose if you look though
files in the subs directories, there's oughta be values some where to edit.
Maybe not precisely about dive speed but some stuff that affects the speed
to dive.

The search in these forums does work, allthought its not perfect.
99% of the info I need to find its in these forums, not only in Modworksops, thought.

Have fun.

I already know all that stuff. I just don't know about naval lingo such as draught. This is why I'm asking someone who might understand what certain settings could do to help.
Snaptrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 03:54 AM   #5
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaptrap

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 05:00 AM   #6
UBOAT234
Weps

There are many variables that contribute. Not only in .sim file...
Even in the government of the submarine, to the level of command.
And it is very long to explain.
And 'need for all perhaps get down to work to make a nice tutorial. Maybe create a topic that serves new and old of the trade and manufactoring
Looking at the differences between the various software.
Each could make its contribution with the experience gained in that particular software 3DS MAX, Maya, Wings 3D, Milkshape ecc.
It is perhaps necessary to bring together all points...
And perhaps write a nice manual for this great software that is a jewel of simulation with the extraordinary ability of 3Ditor
I think that here in this forum, there are many who would like to do so. We understand the commitment and the profusion that they have lent to the
brilliant achievement of 3Ditor... and on the first the great Skwasjer
But even the many others who have worked before and during...

I know that takes a long time and dedication, but a great software without a great tutorial and a nice manual serves only to a few and the glory would be small.
Seeing the time and effort spent so far, an additional effort would really the pleasure of all those who have followed.
Many thanks to ALL

I can not understand everything mentioned, precisely because of language and requires much time I read everything, otherwise I would have given my contribution, day and night. As I have done in the past for SH3.
I remember entire nights in front of the monitor, with open the Hex Editor
(With the language and the difficulties that we are jumping from one topic to another...)

All this only to encourage its implementation and sorry for my bad English

www.uboat234.com

Last edited by UBOAT234; 04-20-08 at 05:21 AM.
UBOAT234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 12:33 AM   #7
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBOAT234
All this only to encourage its implementation and sorry for my bad English
This always makes me smile.

Most Americans can't even speak or write a second language. I think you should be congratulated for putting your words in English. It may not be perfect english, but the effort you put into writing your thoughts in english deserves praise. Thank you for the time and effort

Skwasjer, although S3D is associated with several files, I have this problem. Clicking on the file directly (like a .sim file) causes S3D to open, but the file is not loaded into S3D. The files are correctly associated.

Is this a bug or just something you haven't implemented yet?

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 05:08 AM   #8
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default .dat

the .dat file was the one in the IJN Jyunsen B beta 3.2 18 sen toku I put for download, it is the basic typ 18.dat,
the jyunsen B hull is found as well in my download page along with other stuff, I think the non textured one is there (japsubhull.obj) in a rar file.

I had this trying to re open my new jap tower, with the new 3d object of the Jyunsen B tower so i so that I could id the german tower parts and edit them out, woops !
Jyunsen B thread :
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134119

Last edited by keltos01; 04-21-08 at 05:25 AM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 05:52 AM   #9
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Mikhayl, from the looks you have not (re)exported the 2nd uv map from Max. I see it still has 9171 uv mappings. All the other maps (diffuse, 3rd, 4th) now have the correct number: 6240. Since I don't have the original model I can't export it myself and test it but I know this is the cause of the CTD because S3D now basically writes illegal data.

I will make sure to catch this 'data error' on import with an error message in next releases...
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 06:05 AM   #10
skwasjer
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01
the .dat file was the one in the IJN Jyunsen B beta 3.2 18 sen toku I put for download, it is the basic typ 18.dat,
the jyunsen B hull is found as well in my download page along with other stuff, I think the non textured one is there (japsubhull.obj) in a rar file.

I had this trying to re open my new jap tower, with the new 3d object of the Jyunsen B tower so i so that I could id the german tower parts and edit them out, woops !
Jyunsen B thread :
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134119
Please provide me with a direct link to the files that are directly related to the problem. I don't want a whole package containing an entire (mini)mod because I may be looking for problems in the wrong place. Also, you may have changed just one thing in one of those files, and by not uploading them and 'thinking' they are the same, I may be looking for a problem that's not there.

I am saying this because the last files I checked yesterday worked fine here.
Old 04-22-08, 04:57 PM   #11
skwasjer
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw
Skwasjer, although S3D is associated with several files, I have this problem. Clicking on the file directly (like a .sim file) causes S3D to open, but the file is not loaded into S3D. The files are correctly associated.

Is this a bug or just something you haven't implemented yet?
Forgot to reply to this. It's a S3D bug, and I've just fixed it. It worked in older releases...
Old 04-22-08, 05:31 PM   #12
skwasjer
The Old Man

This will be the last release for a while unless something really cricital comes up. I am a bit tired after more than one year working on this, and now that the most important features are finally in, it's time to take a break for a month or more. Rest assured, this is not the final release, I am still aiming for v1.0 which should include a couple of other interesting features (model preview, zones editor, animations). For the next period, I will focus on some other stuff I'd like to do for this game, like the SH4HQ program which will become quite important with the PTO/ATO mods in the near future, some mod related stuff, some documentation and tutorials etc.

I hope the model import functionality will trigger a new modding mania the next months. I will surely follow all the progress you guys make! Have fun

Please uninstall any previous release before installing.

Version v0.8.2 - Download
New
  • Added UV map preview function to view embedded UV data for each map channel. Very usefull to verify if an import was done succesfully. You can customize the wire frame color under menu Tools > Settings, and the size of the map in the panel next to the UV preview window.
  • The UV map can also be saved as a PNG file. This file can then be used as an overlay in your favorite paint software, to aid in modifying textures (thanks ref for idea)
Changed
  • Removed the 'Export texture coordinates' and 'Export normals' option from the obj-export dialog. Both are now enabled by default. They are removed because there was no point in having them, the data should always be exported.
  • Removed the 'Import texture coordinates' option from the obj-import dialog. It is now enabled by default. It is removed because there was no point in having this option, the texture coordinates should always be imported.
Improved
  • Quite a few error checks on obj-imports and exports, and more meaningful error messages. There are also a couple of other minor improvements. Thanks to the subsim members for testing these functions and throwing all the errors they ran into at me
Fixed
  • Extended the time before the auto update check is performed after starting S3D from 1 sec. to 10 seconds. Also improved some of the error handling. I hope this solves the sometimes occuring crash when S3D is started.
  • S3D crashed when files were dropped on the shortcut or executable.