SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-08-08, 09:50 PM   #226
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Please check the previous page (last post) for the things I need help with. If you can start compiling a list of ideas (they may be existing functionality in SH3Commander, but obviously new ideas are very welcome). I really need someone to manage this (sort of a project manager if you will), because I really won't have alot of time with 2 development projects on my hands, to also maintain a public thread which will likely explode once this gets of the ground. I've also asked that this list includes reference materials, links to threads, graphics (for crewmanagement), possible candidate mods that could be integrated, etc., etc., etc.. It's not simply listing feature A...B. Otherwise I wouldn't ask... I need someone to give it some extra thought, before I start developing. If this tool is given extra thought in advance, that will save me half the work.

Cheers
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:31 AM   #227
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

May I give some input by saying what I would like to see included in the Commander?

-First of all it should list the time, date, location, class AND the name of the ships you have sunk.

-It would be great if the Commander could list how many torpedoes were fired during a patrol and how many were hits or misses. The player could see if his skills are improving or not.

-It would be cool if there was some sort of "scuttlebut" were you would learn the latest news and gossip from other skippers.

-I would love to see the feature that crew members are transferred after a while, just like in RL.

That's just my wishlist. I'm sure you can come up with other great ideas!

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 10:14 AM   #228
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

This is just fantastic.

As said, no need for apologies at all. We are just happy there are some souls here wanting to make the better.

I am a complete git considering programming but I am more than willing to do Beta-testing.

(A SHIV-Skipper tool is what we need at WaW-Pacific and there may be more willing testers there)

Cheers

/OB

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 10:47 AM   #229
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoroo
I apologise to everybody who has been waiting for news on SH4 Skipper. I have been sick and unable to work on it. As such I am happy to hand it over to anyone who wants to either pick it up or develop their own.
I hope you're feeling better. It wasn't not having a cool tool that had people talking; it was the not knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion2206
-First of all it should list the time, date, location, class AND the name of the ships you have sunk.
It will.
Old 02-09-08, 10:49 AM   #230
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoroo
I apologise to everybody who has been waiting for news on SH4 Skipper. .
No need to apologize, RL stuff always comes first. Hope you are feeling better soon.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 11:18 AM   #231
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Just so long as your fit and well....that is the true priority....everything else is of secondary importance

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-08, 07:42 PM   #232
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

Ok, two months, no word.

Just doing some thread necro to see if there is life left in SH4 (whatever you wanna call it)?

If so, cool, I'd love to help test.

Since I have no programing skills I can't offer to help code (the last programming language I used was BASIC and no, that wasn't visual BASIC, think back before that).

If no one else has offered I'll step in and do what I can to be your "ideas project manager" But I'm making no gaurantees as to what you'll think of my work. I've never done this kind of thing before but I'll try. Only condition is that I get a mention in the credits, and if you ever sell the code or make any money off this program I want a small cut (say 10% of Gross?).

Just let me know.
Old 03-31-08, 10:06 PM   #233
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 11

I feel the same way. I too have been watching for this application and I too have not seen anything but I too would like to see it released.

Odd, I too knew BASIC before it went visual, about 4 different versions (depending on the system)
Old 03-31-08, 11:02 PM   #234
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

hehe, I knew one version. The one used on the Trash 80 coco 2 lol.
Old 04-01-08, 03:58 AM   #235
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 11

I was not to fluent in the TRS-80 COCO but I new the BASIC for all other TRS-80's 1-4, Apple IIe, Tele-Type (roll paper & paper tape, no monitor), Commodore Vic=20 & 128d, Hazeltine, and MS BASIC. Each had there on quirks but at least there were enough similarities. all known before graduating High School

It was almost funny, when I took BASIC in a Tech School in order to try for a CS or CIS degree, I actually got a "D" because I knew more then the teacher and he did not like it. I never did get either degree.

I had a bad habit of questioning every dumb statement he made.

example, the symbol "$" is called a string, yet he kept calling it a "dollar sign". When I questioned him on this, he just stated that he did not want the other classmates to get confused.

On a test, He asked:
"what does 1k" stand for?
I answered 1024. I was graded wrong because he had not taught that yet and expected the other students to write 1000.

If I had know at that time that I could have challenged my grade, I would have. I did not find out for 1½ years later, when I was about to leave the Tech Collage.

I should have known this teacher that thought he was better then anyone else would be a problem, with a name like Phil Bugg. He had a huge ego and did not like to be questioned.
Old 04-29-08, 02:42 PM   #236
wolfast
Watch

Downloads: 24

Any updates on this???
Old 09-09-09, 04:08 AM   #237
Brewtality
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones View Post
Guys, the amount of "SH3Cmdr has killed my guppies and demagnetised my fridge magnets" posts I've read over the last two years from people who quickly forgot how much they paid for SH3Cmdr (or where the readme file was) has totally put me off even considering an SH4Cmdr.

Thus I will happily leave that fun to someone else.

To all the valued supporters and other happy SH3Cmdr users, sorry, but one can only be so patient.
LOL well put, I'm sorry to hear that JScones, you did a formidable job and your work will still be appreciated for a long long time.
I've burned a DVD with SH3 mods and essential utilities and will keep on playing the game on my old computer. I am going to keep that computer until it breaks down and I'm unable to find spare parts to fix it.

So my guess is that I'll still have a good laugh with SH3 commander + GWX gold in 10-15 years time