SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-11, 10:14 PM   #11
postalbyke
Chief

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
Thanks, appreciate it.

Perhaps try a cleanup:
  1. Uninstall S3D
  2. Check install path of S3D if it actually is completely removed. If not, do manually. (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\skwas for 64-bit or C:\Program Files\skwas for 32-bit)
  3. Remove all subfolders under %localappdata%\skwas (this is where settings are stored)
  4. Reinstall S3D
Did it previously work on this system? Are you running the last version of S3D (0.9.9)?

Are you running some tools that modify/monitor/control DirectX like Riva tuner, a 3D screen grabber, etc. (try turning off if you do).

Some tools that monitor and hook DirectX (f.ex. to render an overlay) have been reported to cause issues.

On the flip side, some of these tools could actually maybe solve it, by forcing DirectX to 'not' use anisotrophic and/or antialiasing (which S3D does use if your GPU supports it).

Just some idea's...
Sorry, kicked off the internet for a few days... Will try now thanks for the suggestions!

edit: Just tried the full uninstall/reinstall, no dice... tried resetting Nvidia software to default to try to allow S3D to pick and choose, no dice... And I'm not running any of these other programs. I do usually have Nvidia force antialias, It makes the game look amazing lol...
And coming to think on it, I don't remember ever being able to see interiors with S3D on my new rig... only exteriors... *hmmm*

Last edited by postalbyke; 11-05-11 at 11:50 PM.
postalbyke is offline   Reply With Quote