SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-10, 06:31 AM   #181
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hi Skwasjer,

will your Speech Mod work with these new sound files?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...95#post1476595
Since i know both mods, i can assure you, there will be no conflict. And i developed the one you quoted while Speech recognition was running.
Old 08-25-10, 06:47 AM   #182
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
Since i know both mods, i can assure you, there will be no conflict. And i developed the one you quoted while Speech recognition was running.
Fantastic Karl, thanks! This is a huge improvement to the game
Old 08-25-10, 10:28 AM   #183
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26

I'll just say Karl did a heck of a job on the upcoming version of this mod. He translated everything to German, added a whole bunch of variety and fixed some bugs. I mostly focused on supporting multiple languages (selectable from ingame Options-dialog), configurable sensitivity (also under options, using a slider) and other improvements. I just need a little bit more time for some other improvements/fixes and then it will be done. No ETA, but not too long anyway.

fwiw, the multilingual support now makes it possible for more languages to be added quite easily (provided you have speech support installed for that language)
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 10:34 AM   #184
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
I'll just say Karl did a heck of a job on the upcoming version of this mod. He translated everything to German, added a whole bunch of variety and fixed some bugs. I mostly focused on supporting multiple languages (selectable from ingame Options-dialog), configurable sensitivity (also under options, using a slider) and other improvements. I just need a little bit more time for some other improvements/fixes and then it will be done. No ETA, but not too long anyway.

fwiw, the multilingual support now makes it possible for more languages to be added quite easily (provided you have speech support installed for that language)
Most of the work was/is your part, i just did the typing part and will continue to keep the possible commands updated, even with other languages, if someone is willing to do the work needed for that.
Old 09-01-10, 05:11 AM   #185
Stev1
Medic

Downloads: 205
Uploads: 0

I have downloaded and installed it, seems to work OK, I Have Windows 7(Ultimate) installed which has "speech recognition software" already installed.
Stev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 06:13 AM   #186
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

FOrgive me being too lazy to check the whole thread - will this mod work with TheDarkWraith's UI mod? If so, I'd be happy - in SH3 I used my mic to give commands to crew, my family still hates me for that. This would be a gigantic immersion giver.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 10:07 AM   #187
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yes, it will work, as long as you install TDWs UI after this one here. TDW was so kind to add the needed line to his menu_1024_768.ini.
In case you don't want to alter your modlist, you just need to copy TDWs menu_1024_768.ini to the folder \data\Menu\ in this mod and enable it.
Old 09-01-10, 10:40 AM   #188
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
Yes, it will work, as long as you install TDWs UI after this one here. TDW was so kind to add the needed line to his menu_1024_768.ini.
In case you don't want to alter your modlist, you just need to copy TDWs menu_1024_768.ini to the folder \data\Menu\ in this mod and enable it.
Thanks. But my resolution is 1920x1080 - isn't there a conflict with menu_1024_768.ini?
Old 09-01-10, 10:51 AM   #189
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd_von_Mumit View Post
Thanks. But my resolution is 1920x1080 - isn't there a conflict with menu_1024_768.ini?
nope. That's just a name now. Game automatically scales for different resolutions.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 12:49 PM   #190
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Talking about UI ... skwasjer, is this possible to build a custom UI for this mod? I'm thinking about a UI without UI.. if you know what I mean. A very clean UI with nothing else than the chat box. Anything else is pointless and garbage when using voice commands. When using this mod I like to hide the UI with shift+z .. but it keeps poping back when I open a dialog with the crew or using the scope. Damn annoying :/ Also I would love to have a disable/enable options for this mod in game.. is that possible?

Great mod, is an absolute must have to make SH5 a sim and playing on 100% realism, thank you very much for this!
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 12:54 PM   #191
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Talking about UI ... skwasjer, is this possible to build a custom UI for this mod? I'm thinking about a UI without UI.. if you know what I mean. A very clean UI with nothing else than the chat box. Anything else is pointless and garbage when using voice commands. When using this mod I like to hide the UI with shift+z .. but it keeps poping back when I open a dialog with the crew or using the scope. Damn annoying :/ Also I would love to have a disable/enable options for this mod in game.. is that possible?

Great mod, is an absolute must have to make SH5 a sim and playing on 100% realism, thank you very much for this!
I can add a user option to my UIs mod that will keep all of the UI disabled all the time if you wish
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 01:06 PM   #192
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I can add a user option to my UIs mod that will keep all of the UI disabled all the time if you wish
There is a bug (at least for your SH5 UI) that makes UI show up after some user actions (talk to AI character as example) even after Shift + Z was pressed. Some elements of the UI don't show then: officer icons, fuel/battery/... indicators, circle compass. You need to press Shift + Z twice then to properly hide all UI again.
Old 09-01-10, 09:58 PM   #193
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post

In the next version you will be able to turn off voice rec, choose language, and change the sensitivity from ingame options screen I was planning a push-to-talk function too, but have not gotten to this yet.

I will look at a way to hide all UI in a reliable manor, but I think the internals just don't allow for this easily without running into mod-compatibility issues. So perhaps it will have to become an add-on.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 06:15 AM   #194
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Yeah, the UI should be addon/optional as there most of the people is using other UI's. What I would like is something very simple, only 2 things I miss when I hide the UI with shift+z :

That's it, nothing else. The chat box only is enough, but on scope view I would like the fuelbar as there is no dial showing these data in the command /attack periscope room.

Speaking about the scope view.. this mod not cover the targeting, right? I mean the target data and how to send values to the tdc. Then the scope UI still will need to have more than the chat box. Maybe something like this ...
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 07:19 AM   #195
Stev1
Medic

Downloads: 205
Uploads: 0

Hi skwasjer,

Would this be usable in either Silent Hunter 3 or Silent Hunter 4 as I have Windows 7 (Ultimate Installed)
Stev1 is offline   Reply With Quote