SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-16-07, 03:18 PM   #211
Roads88
Sparky

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Trigger Maru v1.3 - Updated version of the mod pack (formerly known as Flavored to Taste) is out.

Ran it with the 1.13 patch and runs great so far! NOWW this game is close to what it should be.

Thanks Ducimus
Old 07-19-07, 11:49 AM   #212
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135
Default New ship from Yuzver

Yuzver made version torpedo craft Vosper class for SHIV.
Link: http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...215#post974215
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 01:18 PM   #213
Bando
Commodore

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis_469
Yuzver made version torpedo craft Vosper class for SHIV.
Link: http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...215#post974215
This looks good.
Can this be installed and used, just like that.
I know Tater would love to see how you did this...

Bando
Bando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 08:07 PM   #214
mikeydredd
Bosun

Downloads: 36

This is my first time on the subsim forums so I am a complete newb. I'd just like to extend my thanks and appreciation to all you very talented modders, skinners, and general top blokes. You have taken what in my opinion was a very modest game and turned into something like the product that I think Ubisoft should have released earlier in the year. I can't understand why they don't employ guys like you and then maybe we would be able to get the kind of product we all would love, without an extended period of what basically is unpaid beta testing, bug fixing, and product development. I take my hat off to every one of you. Thanks once again.

Dredd
mikeydredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-08, 04:56 PM   #215
thumper
Gunner

Downloads: 394
Default Medals

I have the new medals downloaded but i have no idea how to make the replace the original game medals..I have vista home premium and it won't cooperate..I have opened the file in the following area's ubisoft-sh4-data-menu-gui-layout-and metals and there are no new medals...
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 12:59 PM   #216
Excalibur Bane
XO

Downloads: 20

It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do this again, after all. My health just isn't what it us to be and I don't have the time to really do the list justice as I did with the old one. Sorry guys, I'd love to do this properly and get a really great list of mods, but health kinda comes first.

Sorry folks.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing."
Excalibur Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 01:49 PM   #217
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur Bane
It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do this again, after all. My health just isn't what it us to be and I don't have the time to really do the list justice as I did with the old one. Sorry guys, I'd love to do this properly and get a really great list of mods, but health kinda comes first.

Sorry folks.
Don't be sorry, bro, health does come first. Thanks for giving it a shot. Now take care of you and yours

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 10:17 AM   #218
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur Bane

Sorry folks.
No problem, take care of yourself first.

I removed the non-mod items from the last page of this thread. We can continue this discussion offline and leave this thread for new mods being listed.
Old 03-08-08, 08:44 PM   #219
thumper
Gunner

Default Torpedo colors

I have tried jsgme and direct install and the torpedoes remain the same stock colo r what am i doing wrong???
Old 03-09-08, 04:42 AM   #220
GerritJ9
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 6

http://files.filefront.com/IJN+type+.../fileinfo.html

This adds the two type IXD2 U-Boote taken over by the IJN after Germany's surrender in May 1945 to the Japan roster- only suitable for SH4 v1.5 and up of course! Now we finally have playable IJN subs.............

My SH3/SH4 mods: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/GerritJ9
GerritJ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 12:15 PM   #221
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

As I look over the lists of mods, I feel I should keep things up to date with my previous work. Several are not listed at all, sorry about that.

Manual AoB Calculator Mod This creation is a handheld calculator that will provide various bearing readings for the aid in finding target ship AoB, bearing headings, or navigation map plotting bearing positions. It is compatible with any previous or future patch.

Ship Centered, Accuracy Fix 1.4 and 1.5 These two different mods change the reference point of target ships from the masts to a more central point, to help in accuracy for manually finding range. More importantly, the new points such as funnels, tops of nationality flags, or other structures have been calibrated to 1500 yards distance for accuracy. This will give the gamer a much better chance to hit a target with correct height figures. These mods are compatible with either patch 1.4 or 1.5 respectively. Additional features to the SCAF versions are to enhance gameplay and further help in correct range finding or navigation of your sub.

SCAF Range Test Mission This test mission has three stationary ships set at known distances. The intention of the mission is for comparing the SCAF mod range accuracy, with the stock SH4 game method. It is 1.4 patch compatible.

SH4 Stock Mast Height Correction This mod corrects the stock SH4 mast heights of 61 ships to give better accuracy for manual range finding. It is not as accurate as the SCAF method; however it will provide greater accuracy with manual range finding results over the stock method. It is in the simplest form (only changing mast heights), attempting to be as compatible with any patch or mod that exists (or future changes), barring a complete overhaul of the game. The gamer my wish to use Windows Notepad to manually change the “ship_name”.cfg files by hand to correct the stock numbers, if a future patch will not allow for an easy install.

Maxoptics2 This mod magnifies the periscope view by 100%, the binocular view by 250%. It will provide a greater ability to “see” your target for correct placement of the Stadimeter when using manual targeting. It will also give you a greater ability to recognize ships at longer distances. It is an original idea of WernerSobe. The mod is in various versions for compatibility with the stock SH4, or ROW Camera.dat mods versions 1.4 patch compatible. The download links for Maxoptics2 are further down the original SCAF thread. They are not set to a thread all their own.

High Realism Tutorial This instruction is to help the gamer in manually plotting a ships course, leading to an attack, when both game options of “Manual Targeting System” and “No Map Contact Update” are enabled. The tutorial is in PDF form for ease of use or printing. There is also a downloadable mission that the tutorial uses for helping in following along with the instruction. The mission is patch 1.4 compatible; the written instruction should be helpful no matter what the patched version.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 05-06-08 at 07:47 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-08, 12:57 AM   #222
rebel5555
Mate

Downloads: 16

I've created a new skin Gato Class Camoflauge.
Here's the link http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133038
Old 03-17-08, 04:32 PM   #223
thumper
Gunner

Default All i need now!!

Are holes, when a torpedo hits a ship and then proceeds to ruin its day, they tend to leave holes..Now where do i find holes??
Old 03-18-08, 12:22 PM   #224
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

Surely there are many more MODs which are compatible with SH4 1.5 (the AddOn) than just those listed in the first post in this thread...right? For example, I've seen threads about new Sound Mods, Speech MODs, diverate, Medals, etc, which are specifically made for 1.5.

Is there someone expert enough on MODs to update the list of 1.5 compatible MODs?
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-08, 08:43 AM   #225
kakemann
Samurai Navy

Location: Pretty close to the big german cruiser Blücher in Norway
Downloads: 29

Hi!

lurker, and kakemanns DD sensors fix is compatible with SH4 1.5

Please move this to the 1.5 compatible MOD section!

Thanks!

-kakemann
kakemann is offline   Reply With Quote