SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-19-08, 03:45 PM   #16
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
No you've done perfectly right. It will indeed screw with the zones so they would have to be corrected as well then.

Thanks for adding this info

68=UPropellers1 and 72=UPropellers2 ... there are not right and left zones ... there are different zones only ...
If to choose some lines of text or 43 MB of video ... i choose some lines of the text ...
More correctly to tell, ... two words about the main idea of mod ... it is enough ...

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 06-22-08 at 03:23 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 05:03 PM   #17
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Anvart, you are smart enough to find out how it was done if you take a look at the mod Captain America just released. He used my method:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138374

Sorry if I was wrong about the zones. I don't stare at the files as much as some of you guys do and quite frankly - since I never made a mod - it's amazing I found this fix, and not some else :rotfl:

[edit] And as far as the video vs written tutorial. I can make a video tutorial in 10 mins, whereas if I had to write it down, I would spend at least one hour. That and the fact that the video guarantees succes, and written text will almost certainly raise questions. My time is precious...

Last edited by skwasjer; 06-19-08 at 05:17 PM.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 05:25 PM   #18
Anvart
Admiral

Quote:
Anvart, you are smart enough to find out how it was done if you take a look at the mod Captain America just released. He used my method:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138374

Sorry if I was wrong about the zones. I don't stare at the files as much as some of you guys do and quite frankly - since I never made a mod - it's amazing I found this fix, and not some else :rotfl:
I did not see your video, but I remember your conversations about some trick ...
And if you realized dummy object with changing its position through object animation ... i congratulate you with this hard work ... This is good trick ... but complex.

Quote:
[edit] ... and written text will almost certainly raise questions. ...
Only not at me ...
... two words about the main idea of mod ... it is enough ...

Last edited by Anvart; 06-22-08 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-19-08, 05:52 PM   #19
skwasjer
The Old Man

Well, maybe it's possible to refine and simplify it (by people like yourself), or apply the trick in a different way. What matters is there is now a fix and it may trigger some new ideas

Are there for example by any chance other objects that rotate in a different direction (based on their relative position instead of controllers)? Radars or hydro's maybe? I have little knowledge about the real life functional systems on subs and ships and how they are implemented in the game, but others do and may find use in this solution or find another, easier way...
Old 06-20-08, 02:03 AM   #20
Anvart
Admiral

Excuse me, but this idea (solution) is not new ... IIRC, GWX-team (already for a long time) uses this ideas in the works ..., more precisely, master Ref (his favourite animations) & k.L. Ltd. ... and, certainly, Privateer not forgotten too ...

Old 06-20-08, 05:42 AM   #21
skwasjer
The Old Man

And why doesn't your propeller fix include this solution?
Old 06-20-08, 06:13 AM   #22
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart
Excuse me, but this idea (solution) is not new ... IIRC, GWX-team (already for a long time) uses this ideas in the works ..., more precisely, master Ref (his favourite animations) & k.L. Ltd. ... and, certainly, Privateer not forgotten too ...
That is correct mate

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 08:06 AM   #23
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Not to mention, i relealised a 4 bladed propeller model long before S3D was capable of importing 3d models
Faites pas genre, les gars... citez les copain aussi! :rotfl:
But nice addition, eitherway.
I remembered somewhere, Kriller2 told me my model couldn't be used on newer version of PE and should have been redone or something... Don't remember for sure, as i only uses Uboat from now on

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 08:19 AM   #24
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapitan_zur_see
I remembered somewhere, Kriller2 told me my model couldn't be used on newer version of PE and should have been redone or something... Don't remember for sure, as i only uses Uboat from now on
Both your mod and Captain America's alter the submarines' .dat file, which will lead to conflicts with PE3, yes. It would be great if a PE3-compatible version could be made, but that would lead to other incompatibility issues, as TMaru also touches those files (and perhaps RFB too...I really need to d/l that mod and check out its components!). A vicious circle, I tells ya!

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 08:32 AM   #25
skwasjer
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapitan_zur_see
Quote:
Not to mention, i relealised a 4 bladed propeller model long before S3D was capable of importing 3d models
Faites pas genre, les gars... citez les copain aussi! :rotfl:
But nice addition, eitherway.
This thread is not about 4 bladed props...

And come on people, if you really want to have this fix in other mods check out the damn tutorial. You can do it in a couple of minutes (you can even reuse the chunks from Captain America's mod). I start to wonder why I even bothered.

A summary of the last 8 posts...

Not a new trick, not a new mod idea, not a new mod, not useful, too difficult, too complex, don't want to watch a video...

All the whine about incorrect props and yet... bah...
Old 06-20-08, 09:37 AM   #26
CaptainHunter
Loader

Downloads: 23

Please don't let a few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us, I have been visiting these forums for years and I rarely post, but I must say I feel your contribution to this sim is conspicuously excellent.
CaptainHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 10:37 AM   #27
Captain America
Planesman

Downloads: 149

I'm a straight shooter so I'm gonna tell it like I see it.

Anvart, you have the be the most annoying person I have ever met (yes, somone finally said it). Let someone challenge me otherwise and I will compile a list of every thread he has posted in. You never have anything productive to say about the work of others...your typical responses are "Bah, don't make me laugh. This was already invented at the time of Moses."

You have been harassing skwasjer about this prop issue since long ago. Here's a sample for those who forget:

Quote:
By reading privateers post, the following may work. (again, theory!!!)

I think all you have to do is move the models in a 3D studio (ie. 3DSMax), and then make the X-swap in S3D (only remove or add sign!!). For instance, say left prop in S3D sits at X = -0.15, move the model in 3D studio by doubling this figure (-0.3), then in S3D move it to positive X-axis, at 0.15 (remove the sign). The result is -0.3 (model moved) + 0.3 (difference of X-change in S3D) = 0.0 so the model hasn't technically moved. The world offset is still ok, but the local offset is now positive to the game, "hopefully" resulting in an opposite rotation.

The same for right prop, but reversed.

The best person to test this is kapitan_zur_see, since he imported the models in the first place and has the sources and 3D studio to do it in.
Oh and here comes the helpful response from Anvart:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvart
Dear,
do not force people to laugh ...
This theme was already discussed at a forum...
This is just a tiny sample of many posts like this. What is the point? I have observed his actions for a very long time so don't even try to tell me its a language barrier issue. Anyone who will spend a few minutes reading the history will clearly see its a matter of jealousy and plain old rudeness. Its like he has to quickly downplay the work/achievements of others. I even had a small taste of it when it came to my interior mod for sh3. What does this contribute to the modding community? Anvart, must you always make it a point to belittle the findings of others? Look at how your pursued this thread as a perfect example. I'm sorry if you lack the attention you so desire.

Who cares if GWX supposedly had the fix long ago...the fact is we didn't have it or hear about it for that matter until skwasjer's fix. Why didn't master anvart contribute this proper fix for the community then? The fact is, when skwasjer released this fix he sincerely believed he was the first to fix it. The bottom line is who cares who made it first? Why all of this competition? In the end we are all fighting for the same cause...to make this game better. The type of comments contributed by anvart only help to poison the creativity of this hobby.

One last thing I also want to address to Kapitan_zur_see. You made 2 posts now (one in here and in my mod thread) jokingly referring that you did this already and you deserved credit. Your joke comment calling me a pirate and your translated french -
"Do not type, guys ... also cite the buddy".

Yes I know you were joking...but 2 posts about it? They say there is truth to every jest and I am sure that applies here. I appreciate all of the work you put into your propeller mod but can you please tell me where I failed to pay credit to you? What credit should I give? That you made a propeller once for this game? If I had used your work in any way I would of course give you credit. However, the facts remain that my mod contains zero parts of your mod and is different from yours in many ways. Shall I list them?

Bottom line is the jealousy and unnecessary competition (from a select few) really gets old. I have spoken privately to several people in this community that feel the same way but choose not be vocal. If this type of behavior continues you will see a loss of productivity and creativity pouring out of here.
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-08, 11:09 AM   #28
CaptainHunter
Loader

Downloads: 23

Well said...you put my thoughts & feelings to words, Thank you
CaptainHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-08, 06:39 AM   #29
Anvart
Admiral

Quote:
And why doesn't your propeller fix include this solution?

1) To me it is absolutely indifferent in what side propellers rotate (and it was for a long time when it was not known yet as correctly...) ...
2) I do only that that I want and I do not like to repeat another's solutions ...
3) I think that you understand, that solution, which you used, is no unique solution ...

In no event (unlike you), i do not wish to reduce advantage of your work ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America
Oh and here comes the helpful response from Anvart:
You write too many words to read them ...
But allow me myself to solve that and how to reply ...
Such phrases stimulate brain work ... example ... that we see at Skwasjer ...

Last edited by Anvart; 06-26-08 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-25-08, 07:19 PM   #30
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Anvart may state things in a way that grinds some.
A lot of it comes from the communications problem
I believe.

When I actually took the time to try bettering communications?
I found him a very straight forward Guy and a nice source
to exchange ideas with.

He has pointed out the obvious.
Nothing more.

If his posts do not meet your expectations of proper
posting?

Why read them?

He is one of the Greats that I highly Respect.
He does not sugar coat things or take sides.

Unlike many.