SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-10, 01:01 PM   #11
Decoman
Frogman

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablemaster View Post
Wondered if someone could point me in the right direction, now i have Vista 64 bit i cant find an DDS converter to work with it ive looked everywhere all the usuall ones dont work correctly with Vista 64 so now im a bit stumped here. DDS Converter was fine with my old xp rig but now im lost, ive got photoshop cs4 also but no joy there, any help appreciated.
Nvidia has a .dds photoshop plugin that works with 32bit photoshop.

I can open dds files, but when I tried saving as dds it wouldn't allow me for unknown reason. So I use TheCompressonator instead for saving to .dds file format.

I have been doing this so far:
a) Load dds file into photoshop and rework the image
b) Save as Tif
c) Load tif into Ati's "TheCompressonator" (32bit and 64bit software) and do "save as original = save as" to store file as dds file.
d) I preview dds files in windows with TheCompressonator.

When viewing dds files in TheCompressonator, make sure to right click the image and switch to RGBA if the file has an alpha channel, or stick with default RGB if the file has no alpha channel. Right clicking the image offer three modes. RGB, RGBA & Alpha.

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/p...s_plugins.html (I think this is the phtososhp plugin)
http://ati.amd.com/developer/compressonator.html

TheCompressonator is available if one register on Amd/Ati's developer website, no confirmation email is even required. Just register and you can download their tools.

Last edited by Decoman; 03-13-10 at 01:50 PM.
Decoman is offline   Reply With Quote