SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-09, 11:42 PM   #37
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
May I ask if you might consider incorporating a feature in a later version if it is possible. I (and maybe others) switch between mods eg. I use one "set" of mods and then on another occasion another "set". I do this when I am working on my movie mostly as there are some mods which don't work with others. Would it be possible to incorporate multiple profiles and multiple Backup folders eg. switch between profiles to load a set of mods in the order previously selected and saved with. I hope this makes sense.
You can actually do this now, although I agree that a more overt implementation of "mod profiles" would be useful for general users. So I'll add it to my "to-do" list.

Anyway, to achieve what you want now, here's what I'd do...
  1. Create a new text file in the same folder as JSGME.exe (ie root game folder). Call this something meaningful, like "Mod Profile for movie making.txt"
  2. Add the following two lines:
    Code:
    JSGME.exe /da /x
    JSGME.exe /e "Name of first mod to enable" "Name of second mod" "Name of third mod" "And so on" /x
  3. Close the text file and replace .txt extension with .bat (ending up with "Mod Profile for movie making.bat"
Repeat these steps for each mod set so that you end up with a series of unique bat files.

Then, in future, instead of running JSGME directly, run the bat file of your choice. JSGME will then automatically disable the existing mods and apply the ones that you stipulated in your profile.

Check the Help file for an explanation of the switches that can be used in the bat file.

Set up shortcuts to each bat file to make it easier to access them.

In a later version I'll add specific profile management, but for now this will work just fine.