SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-14, 08:46 PM   #1
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default Open horizons question

Dose the open horoziens mod include the tech from 43-45 or are you stuck with 1943 tech?

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 04:51 PM   #2
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17

Is anyone able to answer this question?

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 12:53 PM   #3
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmSchulz. View Post
Dose the open horoziens mod include the tech from 43-45 or are you stuck with 1943 tech?
I don't think Open Horizons modifies equipment files and I don't know what the un-modded game does for equipment dates.
I use the mod Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast and I'm just completing the Open Horizon campaign "Monsun Gruppe" 01/03/43 - 15/06/44; so far it's following the upgrade chart below (at least "mostly", as there is still some equipment that appears before the correct date, like the decoys and some of the radar/sonar absorbing coating skins.)

If you are interested in Equipment_Upgrades_Fix I grabbed the links from sober's mega mod thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374), these are all the EUF files that should be installed (in this order) before Open Horizons:

Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182194
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3683
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3724

Hope that helps! (Oh, and of course only the type VII boots are available in SH5)
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 03:50 PM   #4
Smokey Joe
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

Hello Guys,

i have a question about OHII v2.5...
I Have just finished the vanilla game...yeah really! Mare Nostrum sucks, but with "silentotto" i was able to do the other campaigns successfully.

Now i have installed (with JSGME) the OHII v2.5 mod to play it again, because i think SH5 is a good game (yeah, i know...thats open to debate...). I like the Option to move in the hole boat! however...

I have a little problem with the very first campaign, i have done the first mission to intercept and destroy the polish task force and my homebase is now Kiel.
Now i am in the Bunker an equipped my boat with Torpedoes and a new Conning Tower maling...but i can´t select a new mission.
The only mission displayed is the one i´ve already finished. from the vanilla game i knew that there are to options, the "western aproaches" SE of England and the "coastal waters" in the east...but i´m not able to select one of these!?

Is anybody there who had the same problem or can tell me what to do?
I already restartet the game but the "problem" is the same...

greetz Smokey Joe

Edit: I´m sorry if this post is in the wrong section, i´ve never dealt with this forum before...sorry!
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-14, 05:49 AM   #5
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Hi Joe

On the whole the missions/objectives within OHII will become available when some conditions are met - i.e. pass or fail the last mission/objective.

On occasion however - there are date restrictions in place. Thus missions are only ready after a date.
You can check this by looking at post 2 in the main OHII thread.

If this is the case - you can either patrol/dock until date is passed and mission is read or just go out on patrol anywhere and you will get a radio message when the next mission is ready.

Old 10-16-14, 04:29 PM   #6
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Hello Guys,

i have a question about OHII v2.5...
I Have just finished the vanilla game...yeah really! Mare Nostrum sucks, but with "silentotto" i was able to do the other campaigns successfully.

Now i have installed (with JSGME) the OHII v2.5 mod to play it again, because i think SH5 is a good game (yeah, i know...thats open to debate...). I like the Option to move in the hole boat! however...

I have a little problem with the very first campaign, i have done the first mission to intercept and destroy the polish task force and my homebase is now Kiel.
Now i am in the Bunker an equipped my boat with Torpedoes and a new Conning Tower maling...but i can´t select a new mission.
The only mission displayed is the one i´ve already finished. from the vanilla game i knew that there are to options, the "western aproaches" SE of England and the "coastal waters" in the east...but i´m not able to select one of these!?

Is anybody there who had the same problem or can tell me what to do?
I already restartet the game but the "problem" is the same...

greetz Smokey Joe

Edit: I´m sorry if this post is in the wrong section, i´ve never dealt with this forum before...sorry!
Hey Smokey Joe, as Trevally. says there are some campaigns that begin at certain dates.
Here's the link to the Open Horizon's Campaign List : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...97&postcount=2

Your next campaign kicks in 04/09/39 so just head for the East Coast of Britain and it should be active before you get there:

Eastern British Coastal Waters
04/09/39 - 01/12/39
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 03:38 AM   #7
Smokey Joe
Swabbie

Downloads: 26

@Katze @Trevally

Ah ok thats good to know, thank you.

greetz
Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote