Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-13, 07:34 PM   #1
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Default This is the scariest movie I have ever seen

And it was made on a low budget.

It's a 1:18:00 long movie, so check your internet usage before clicking the link.

I stayed up all night because of this film. That Slenderman is creepy as.

I'm really impressed by this film. It's sort of like old Doctor Who; the special effects aren't that good, but the storyline makes it pretty believable.
Old 03-25-13, 08:16 PM   #2
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Really?

Slenderman?! Yeah. He was slightly creepy. Have you played any of the games? The redone Eight Pages? Slender's Mansion? Man...get your friends to play them and film their reactions. They don't scare me...but I love the reactions.

Actually, you should try SCP Containment Breach. That one will make you jump.

As far as movies go, nothing scares me. Nothing scares me period.
Old 03-25-13, 08:38 PM   #3
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17

Quote:
This is the scariest movie I have ever seen
You haven't seen French Horror movies then i take it

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 08:52 PM   #4
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! View Post
You haven't seen French Horror movies then i take it
No. And now I'm never going to.
Old 03-25-13, 09:06 PM   #5
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

I typically don't have nightmares or that sort of thing from watching movies, probably since I grew up with a sister twelve years older than me who loves scary stuff but could never watch it alone so guess which impressionable toddler got dragged out of bed every Friday night to watch whatever awful B-movie horror flick was being shown on the local UHF station?

Yeah, that would be me. It never seemed to bother me. So I'm not accustomed to being really, REALLY scared with any residual effect by shows or movies.

The only horror movie that has ever given me nightmares as an adult is Ringu, the original Japanese movie on which Hollywood's "The Ring" was based.

The only other movie, not really a horror film per se, that gave me a nightmare was "Virtuosity," a not-very-good movie about an AI-created psychopath that steps out of the machine and begins wreaking havoc in the real world. I only watched it because Russell Crowe was in it and that was before he was in a lot of stuff that was actually worth watching.

It's interesting to me that in both cases, the scary thing - the part that featured in my nightmares - was this evil, murderous "virtual" creature stepping out of some piece of technology and becoming real (and then coming to get me).

I guess if I start having nightmares where a uniformed Jimbuna steps out of my internet browser and stands in my room ominously chanting "what's all this then," I'll know it's time to unplug the ol' modem and stay off the grid.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 09:13 PM   #6
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
I typically don't have nightmares or that sort of thing from watching movies, probably since I grew up with a sister twelve years older than me who loves scary stuff but could never watch it alone so guess which impressionable toddler got dragged out of bed every Friday night to watch whatever awful B-movie horror flick was being shown on the local UHF station?

Yeah, that would be me. It never seemed to bother me. So I'm not accustomed to being really, REALLY scared with any residual effect by shows or movies.

The only horror movie that has ever given me nightmares as an adult is Ringu, the original Japanese movie on which Hollywood's "The Ring" was based.

The only other movie, not really a horror film per se, that gave me a nightmare was "Virtuosity," a not-very-good movie about an AI-created psychopath that steps out of the machine and begins wreaking havoc in the real world. I only watched it because Russell Crowe was in it and that was before he was in a lot of stuff that was actually worth watching.

It's interesting to me that in both cases, the scary thing - the part that featured in my nightmares - was this evil, murderous "virtual" creature stepping out of some piece of technology and becoming real (and then coming to get me).

I guess if I start having nightmares where a uniformed Jimbuna steps out of my internet browser and stands in my room ominously chanting "what's all this then," I'll know it's time to unplug the ol' modem and stay off the grid.
This post made me laugh. For some reason it's funny.

And, if a uniformed Jimbuna tried to come out of my internet browser...well...I would know about it cause my connection is so slow. If he started crawling now, he might be out in 12 hours. Depends what his download size is.
Old 03-25-13, 09:20 PM   #7
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
"Virtuosity,"
Hah, love that movie!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-13, 09:32 PM   #8
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

Quote:
*shudder*

It was the way she moved that scared the hell out of me.

That and the score. How do you deal with music that only ever peeks its head above the parapet when something awful is going to happen?
Old 03-25-13, 10:53 PM   #9
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
*shudder*

It was the way she moved that scared the hell out of me.

That and the score. How do you deal with music that only ever peeks its head above the parapet when something awful is going to happen?
Looks like I'm gonna have to track this down and watch it.

I like scary movies. I like watching them with friends to see the reactions. even more. That's the fun in watching these. My best friend is the best one to watch scary movies with. He was scared by Apollo 18, Insidious, Chernobyl Diaries, Paranormal Activity 3, and he somehow can still live with himself.

It was bad after we watched Insidious. We watched it at a birthday party and he proudly hid behind a wall of pillows on the couch as the girls around him watched the movie. I had to follow him around that night cause he was too scared to go anywhere alone in the dark. The look on his face was priceless. It's pretty funny. I'm wanting to rent Sinister so I can show him that....also The Shining, Alien, and The Exorcist. I've seen them all...but he hasn't. It'll be hilarious.

I also want to see the Evil Dead movies. The old one is supposedly better than this new one. I haven't seen either one so I don't know.
Old 03-26-13, 03:04 AM   #10
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Mat - don't discard foreign films, per se, a lot of great films are foreign and get made later into crappy US remakes and not just horror flicks. Also don't watched them dubbed, subtitles FTW.
Old 03-26-13, 03:14 AM   #11
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Mat - don't discard foreign films,
Oh no, you misunderstand me. Feur Frei! said that French horror films were more frightening than the one that kept me up all last night, so I'm not really eager to see a French horror film.
Old 03-26-13, 04:39 AM   #12
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17

The word 'scary' is so subjective it's unbelievable. Like music. Like fashion.
I don't get scared watching movies, and i've seen some really graphic and let's call them 'alternative' horror movies. No movie has scared me. Ever. (yea yea, i'm a big man). Underground i call them, not made by Bollywood, where they've got no idea how to make shock tactics and graphic effects and violence.
Let the French, and to a lesser effect, imports deal with supplying the non-average joe, like me, who, if wanting to watch a horror movie, actually wants the shock factor, wants the blood and gore, and doesn't want the camera panning away before the axe or god knows whatever implement or weapon is about to cut flesh or some such thing.

I don't bother with the garbage that comes from hollywood because i know it's not going to do the job for me.

If you get shocked or scared by crap like The Chernobyl Diaries, then i'm afraid that there's not much hope for you.

Movies like Frontier(s) or Martyrs, although not truly scary, (for me, but then we are talking subjective again) will give you an example of what i'm talking about, with none of the commercial crap that we are fed by hollywood day in day out, the French know how to do a horror movie.

I've boycotted commercial stuff for years now.
Won't touch it.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-13, 06:24 AM   #13
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuer Frei! View Post
If you get shocked or scared by crap like The Chernobyl Diaries, then i'm afraid that there's not much hope for you.
That's the exact same thing I told my scared friend there after we watched it. He's just like "I'm never going to watch this movie again." It was funny. I told him the same thing after Apollo 18. That movie isn't the least bit scary.

I've seen a Spainish zombie movie called Rec3 before but I don't watch any foreign stuff.
Old 03-26-13, 08:04 AM   #14
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Hmmm, REC3 looks good, but I'd like to watch the first two first.

Talking of crappy US remakes, Quarantine is a remake of the first REC. It might just be great, but I'll watch the original over it anyway.
Old 03-26-13, 08:42 AM   #15
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A low budget Brit horror but well worth a viewing...Dog Soldiers:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote