SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-25-09, 05:11 AM   #1246
evan82
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
Moin,

here´s something I´ve found worth animating:

"early pre-production version"

Regards,
DD
Another great idea, very nice and impressive mood.
Old 11-25-09, 08:07 AM   #1247
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Incredible

Quote:
I keep finding myself looking around the sub for more things you could animate, id love to see those valves and handwheels turning, or how about the attack periscope rotating while youre sitting on it (i wanna ride the carousel!!), come on DD you know you want to!
I second that. Karamazovnew explained not long ago in the forum for UBoat missions that it was indeed possible to do, and not that difficult. The main problem is that you need to link the periscope to the TDC bearing dial, and thus if the TDC is not locked, the scope would not rotate. Nevertheless, it would be fantastic.
Old 11-25-09, 08:35 AM   #1248
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
Moin,

here´s something I´ve found worth animating:

"early pre-production version"

Regards,
DD
Hoooyahhh!!!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 08:56 AM   #1249
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

- How about different ambient sounds for surface/submerged
- Fading ambient radio (in RR) when diving/submerging (Luke and I did this for RFB)
- Fans (don't think the uboats have them? http://sh4.skwas.net/media/fan_on_off.wmv original idea by nisgeis, I tied the animation also to crew panic mode and silent running)
- All sorts of valves/wheels
- Switchboard lights switching from one state to another when diving/submerging (by me: http://sh4.skwas.net/media/xmastree.wmv)
- Add extra objects to the interior under certain circumstances (DD's example of food crates is really nice! But you could do more, change books, documentation/maps, add a light there, move binoc there (or not visible at all when surfaced as they are used in the tower , etc)

There's plenty of stuff to do, you just have to have the idea first, but alot of it is doable since I debugged StateMachineClass and implemented support for it in S3D (together with animation support).

Nice work DD (and Anvart)
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 09:23 AM   #1250
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Please all....

Is there a working link somewhere nowdays?

Cheers

//OB

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 09:49 AM   #1251
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Version 3.8 is the last post in Diving ducks thread in the Silent Hunter 3-mods section on SHMF
just click my sig
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 02:05 PM   #1252
misfitdreamer
Loader

Downloads: 41

oh man! the idea of having tomi's new interior rooms and ambient interior animations is going to bring SHIII to a whole new level!
Old 11-25-09, 02:23 PM   #1253
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin,
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
- How about different ambient sounds for surface/submerged
- Fading ambient radio (in RR) when diving/submerging (Luke and I did this for RFB)
- Fans (don't think the uboats have them? http://sh4.skwas.net/media/fan_on_off.wmv original idea by nisgeis, I tied the animation also to crew panic mode and silent running)
- All sorts of valves/wheels
- Switchboard lights switching from one state to another when diving/submerging (by me: http://sh4.skwas.net/media/xmastree.wmv)
- Add extra objects to the interior under certain circumstances (DD's example of food crates is really nice! But you could do more, change books, documentation/maps, add a light there, move binoc there (or not visible at all when surfaced as they are used in the tower , etc)

There's plenty of stuff to do, you just have to have the idea first, but alot of it is doable since I debugged StateMachineClass and implemented support for it in S3D (together with animation support).

Nice work DD (and Anvart)
there´s indeed plenty of stuff to implement. I just don´t know where to start. TypeII and typeXXI still waiting for overhaul. Besides I´m working together with 'Tomi_099' and 'Alex' to make Tomi´s dream of a full interior real. But it´s a long road. Your S3D however makes it remarkably easy to cope with. Without it I´d never have pushed it this far. Checking the progress itself in SH is very time consuming already. If I´d to do everything in hex, it would take me ages. So, kudos to you for a wonderful tool. Run for modder´s award and count me in to vote for you.

Meanwhile I´ve been able to link engine animation speed to engine order telegraph settings. This is a short preview. It is still buggy, but it works. The animation does not show correctly in this video, because of the frame rate. Ingame the valves are bit blurred at high speed.

The grammophone has been reworked. It rotates at about 78 times per minute now, the arm has been slowed, some kind of a blur effect added. Textures are made by 'Rapt0r'.

Again, kudos to Skwasjer and Anvart. Both of you deserve awards for your work. Without them I´d never come this far.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 02:57 PM   #1254
planecrazydale
Gunner

Downloads: 106

Oh man!

That engine animation would be absolutely amazing!!

Thanks all!

Dale
planecrazydale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 03:39 PM   #1255
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Coming along very nicely DD

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 06:41 PM   #1256
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

Quote:
there´s indeed plenty of stuff to implement. I just don´t know where to start. TypeII and typeXXI still waiting for overhaul. Besides I´m working together with 'Tomi_099' and 'Alex' to make Tomi´s dream of a full interior real. But it´s a long road. Your S3D however makes it remarkably easy to cope with. Without it I´d never have pushed it this far. Checking the progress itself in SH is very time consuming already. If I´d to do everything in hex, it would take me ages. So, kudos to you for a wonderful tool. Run for modder´s award and count me in to vote for you.

Meanwhile I´ve been able to link engine animation speed to engine order telegraph settings. This is a short preview. It is still buggy, but it works. The animation does not show correctly in this video, because of the frame rate. Ingame the valves are bit blurred at high speed.

The grammophone has been reworked. It rotates at about 78 times per minute now, the arm has been slowed, some kind of a blur effect added. Textures are made by 'Rapt0r'.
Very nice Work Mate!
Who need SHV when we got this.
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 07:02 PM   #1257
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

The gramophone is working really good now DD & Raptor! can't wait to install it!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 07:17 PM   #1258
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

And almost 5 years after SH3's release date, we get this.

*I hardly can believe it*

Thanks to both of you (Anvart and DD) for making the engine animation<->engine speed linking possible !

Old 11-25-09, 09:01 PM   #1259
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68

stare at that banana's eyes for five minutes
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 02:01 AM   #1260
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

Quote:
stare at that banana's eyes for five minutes

My eyes hurts from this!
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote