SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-01-11, 07:53 AM   #1771
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehring1917 View Post
..whatever what those guys were on when they released SH5, I don't want any of it.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-11, 03:55 PM   #1772
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

Considering how outdated some parts of MO are right now, are there any plans to make a new version? Preferably one with all the English voices removed.

I think a nice, complete mega mod would help entice new players, and get them used to the idea of installing additional mods. As it is right now, most new users are either baffled by the process of finding mods or outright turned off from the game.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 04:56 AM   #1773
Jacke
Mate

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Please post if you have luck with that. I'd love to use MO, but all the duplicated English voices drove me totally insane.
The process works to give you all German speech without needing DBSM. And if you want DBSM, you install it after DeutschMod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svart View Post
To use Magnum Opus--and if installed Open Horizons II--but with German speech:

1. Download the stock German speech pack and its fixes, giving 1 and 2 mods respectively for a total of 3.

2. Download Magnum Opus and its Patch. Extract the mod and the patch and combine them for 1 patched mod.

3. Download DeutschMod (scroll down until you see "Download DeutschMod"). Extract the mod and deleted everything from it except \data\Sound\ (and maybe \Documentation\).

4. In JSGME install in this order:

#1 German speech pack
#2 German speech pack fixes x 2
#3 Magnum Opus patched

#4 Everything else including Open Horizons II

#5 DeutschMod \data\Sound\ only (else you get everything Deutsch instead of just sound)

#6 DBSM comes here after DeutschMod

Each step will have file change collisions with the previous steps. These are expected and what makes it work.

And then you have Magnum Opus with German speech!

EDIT: After reviewing Rudy2000's German post and TDW NewUI's thread, I realise DeutschMod should come last after other mods that affect sound except DBSM. This is tested and works without or with DBSM.
Jacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 06:01 AM   #1774
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
As it is right now, most new users are either baffled by the process of finding mods or outright turned off from the game.
I'd be glad to make one page that then easily can be edited/updated, with links to all the most popular mods, including short descriptions of their respective functions.
Old 11-03-11, 06:12 AM   #1775
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

That would be excellent!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 06:40 AM   #1776
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
I'd be glad to make one page that then easily can be edited/updated, with links to all the most popular mods, including short descriptions of their respective functions.

Sounds good! Maybe even a suggested load orders?

Other things is that it doesn't have to be TDW who has to create a "Mega"-mod. He has a lot of things going on right now, and I think that mod compilation isn't his priority right now.

But rather than just joining mods together, I would like to see a some "personality" in the megamod, so that all values are tweaked to certain direction to achieve realism and good playability.

But anyway, Silent Steel, that is a nice idea!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 11:36 AM   #1777
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Quote:
Toppen och med en installationsordning
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 12:36 PM   #1778
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Wow, what a response

Well, if such a page would be of any use it would have to be a sticky. How to get one?
First step I think should be just to get a list with all links and short descriptions of the mods. Easy, quick and convenient.

As a second step a suggested load order could be an option. With the right support from the modders maybe even feasible.

For a mod to be qualified for the 'Most poular' mods list it would have to meet certain download statistics, or?

Last edited by Silent Steel; 11-03-11 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-03-11, 12:49 PM   #1779
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Well, if such a page would be of any use it would have to be a sticky.
How to get one?
Suggested load order could be an option
Great idea Silent Steel
Old 11-04-11, 05:42 PM   #1780
Buho
Nub

Downloads: 32

Is there a thread with posted mod loadouts from other members? Ive got a feeling like McGyver in a hardwarestore here, ive downloaded like 50 mods making more that 500 conflicts in total LOL.

What i mean is: Is there a supermod or something like a package or combo? Even a loadout with its order so we make it somewhat challenging

Now siriously i want to congratulate everyone here, if other games had this push you guys have made... this is awesome, so many mods of everything!

Great job! Cheers guys.
Buho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 03:33 AM   #1781
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buho View Post
Is there a thread with posted mod loadouts from other members?
Here is a thread with multiple lists and ongoing discussions, just read and make your choice.; http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1780751#post1780751

I suggest you try Sober's list; http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/album.php?u=223410
Old 11-05-11, 06:40 AM   #1782
Mehring1917
Sailor man

Downloads: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svart View Post
Considering what I learned about Rome Total War from hanging out with the modders in the Europa Barbarorum community, I'm not surprised. There they've gone farther in custom models and animations (not surprising with more years) but it's very much the same: a commercial game publisher ignores the intelligent advice of knowledgeable players before release and puts out a dog of a game. And many, many hours of labour over years by volunteers eventually makes a masterpiece out of it (with a lot of the cracks papered over).

Haven't checked up on them lately but the team has been working on modding Medieval 2 Total War with Kingdoms into Europa Barbarorum 2. It will be glorious--and you'll never see anything near such a polished product out of a pro shop (which must frustrate the good people in them no end).
Napoleon Total War has also been significantly improved by the Lordz.
Mehring1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-11, 02:41 AM   #1783
Jacke
Mate

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehring1917 View Post
Napoleon Total War has also been significantly improved by the Lordz.
With Europa Barbarorum, the only thing left from Rome Total War is the executable, whether it's RTR, BI, or Alex. Everything else has been replaced, campaign, playable powers, units, map, terrain, everything!
Jacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 09:08 AM   #1784
PapaKilo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey, will this Mega mod will ever be finnished ?

"v0.0.5 is currently in the works and should be releasing soon."

This has been set up for ages and there is still no other version but very first ?
Old 11-12-11, 10:08 AM   #1785
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey, will this Mega mod will ever be finnished ?

"v0.0.5 is currently in the works and should be releasing soon."

This has been set up for ages and there is still no other version but very first ?

----------------
Im waiting also 2 years.