SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-18-14, 02:37 PM   #11011
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_2012 View Post
OK, show me how you did this?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4250

Or if you use New UI's test v7.5.0 test version 12...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4248
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 05:53 PM   #11012
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Thanks! I found it last night, came across it by accident.

By the way where can I get NewUI 7.5.0 test version 12? Last I checked, the downloaded version was version 5. But honestly I will wait until official version is out, I just migrated from 6_9_0 to 7_4_2 so that was a leap forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 06:55 PM   #11013
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Or if you use New UI's test v7.5.0 test version 12...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_2012 View Post
By the way where can I get NewUI 7.5.0 test version 12?
I have posted about version 12 and page update at bottom of this post:
Multiple Uis Test version 7.5, version 12 and Page update patch links

Last edited by Mikemike47; 02-04-14 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Correcting links for others to find
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 12:26 AM   #11014
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129

Found it, going to bump up thread so when I'm on my pc I can download it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Added versions 1 & 2 to new test version

See below in new test version

Still have to look into this

Sounds like a perfect thing for Automation, a new automation command

.NET 3.5

Can you explain this in more detail

I posted a fix for this. Did it work for you? I never heard a response back from you. The fix is also included in new test version below.

You can either use the OptionsEditorViewer app to set the option for item notes enabled or you enable the item notes in the extended top right bar (click the icon to enable/disable) in game

All shafts are working correctly. The speed slider only shows for one of the engines (stock game config). I'm working on something that will allow you to select the speed of each engine using dual sliders (one for each shaft)

v7.5.0 test version 12 released. Available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?52pr5d581wpwcc1

this is needed to fix bug with stadimeter button in scope views: http://www.mediafire.com/?v8cjgjh2s14337j
Unzip and place in the test version's \data\Scripts\Menu folder letting it overwrite the old one

changes/additions in this test version:
- added a new user option that controls the starting and minimum width of the messagebox. Minimum width is 180.0. Default is 315.0 (stock size). (MessageBoxMinimumWidth)
- revised Automation so that it dynamically 'loads' the commands for the script when script is played. When script is stopped the commands are 'unloaded' to free memory. This dramatically reduces the memory used with all the scripts loaded in.
- when Disable sextant is clicked in the sextant window it will also disable the sextant window now
- fixed bug of being able to close sextant window while sextant was active (if this happened then there was no way to deactivate sextant!)
- fixed bug of button for using sextant disappearing after using the sextant

I finally rewrote automation so that it's way more memory friendly
Fixed many bugs with the sextant window staying visible and/or the button for use sextant staying visible

Greetings from a small island in the south pacific
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 04:59 AM   #11015
Pexorn
Nub

Downloads: 11

Hello guys!

I just donated to this forum as I bought this game yesterday.

I'm trying to make some experience about modding, so I tried this mod.
Sorry I didn't try to search on this thread more precisely as it has more than 500 page...

My problem is;
I set NewUIs to SH5Enhanced mode and turned off bars autohide option. Now, as you know while you hold ctrl key, essential bars switch to advanced mode, so you can set precise speed and depth. But with this mod installed, for me depth meter isn't showing at left of the screen only I see the ">" arrow icon, but no "meters texture" or how could I call...

Anybody could give me a hint, how can I resolve this?
Also I'm using some mod which overwrite each others config as I noted by mod enabler, so I don't know which mod loading order could be better.

I downloaded Sober's all in one megamods collection, but I don't want to enable all the mods due I even don't know what they do. So I tried pick one or two I guessed their purpose. I just wrote this because maybe my problem is related to mod's loading order. But back to my "original" problem...

in advanced bar-mode, depth meter isn't shown correctly

Is anybody could help me?
Pexorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 06:06 AM   #11016
Oby
Medic

Downloads: 458

Uninstall NewUIs_TDC_7_x_x_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights addon for base mod. It's the one that cause your problem.
Oby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 11:42 AM   #11017
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Can someone confirm that this mod (AI Subs hydrophone fix (SH5)) isn't needed anymore?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 08:00 PM   #11018
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Default Welcome back TDW & help

@TDW
The Options file viewer/editor has a problem with changing hotkeys. I have experimented with versions 1.028 to 1.032 (stated at bottom of post #1). Other subsimmers and I have the believe that hotkeys can be edited. We could not edit any hotkeys to our liking.

Picture called hotkey enabling, I can not change the enabled hot key function for crash dive from false to true. Other commands I can not change from true to false; I do not remember those examples.

The hotkeys report works (using Multiple UIs for TDC version 7.5, test version 12) fine.

Another reminder link
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hotkey enabling.JPG (43.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-22-14, 08:05 PM   #11019
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
@TDW
The Options file viewer/editor has a problem with changing hotkeys. I have experimented with versions 1.028 to 1.032 (stated at bottom of post #1). Other subsimmers and I have the believe that hotkeys can be edited. We could not edit any hotkeys to our liking.

Picture called hotkey enabling, I can not change the enabled hot key function for crash dive from false to true. Other commands I can not change from true to false; I do not remember those examples.

The hotkeys report works (using Multiple UIs for TDC version 7.5, test version 12) fine.

Another reminder link
Thanks.
Ah yes, I need to make 7.5.0 official. Hmm, I'll try and look into it this weekend. I leave for Mexico sometime next week (waiting on the phone call to tell me when) then off to Brazil. I'll probably have to get my passport updated with more pages again the way this year is shaping up

What all problems have people been having with 7.5.0? Let's compile a list so I have something to work on along with the GR2 Editor/Viewer on the planes.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 08:10 PM   #11020
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I leave for Mexico sometime next week (waiting on the phone call to tell me when) then off to Brazil. I'll probably have to get my passport updated with more pages again the way this year is shaping up
Oh good, you're looking across all threads. OH-no, oh-no, lots of us subsimmers, could not wait for you to come back someday. Now you must leave so soon. Life and work go on!!
Old 01-22-14, 08:21 PM   #11021
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Oh good, you're looking across all threads. OH-no, oh-no, lots of us subsimmers, could not wait for you to come back someday. Now you must leave so soon. Life and work go on!!
I love to travel abroad and that was one of the requirements in my line of work. I take my scuba gear with me everywhere I go. I've dove some really neat places and probably places no one will ever visit. It is great to be single The one thing I do have a problem with is renting airplanes overseas. I'm a pilot but man is it hard to rent airplanes overseas! I have yet to rent one abroad. There are some places I've been that would've been breathtaking to see from the air. Yeah I could do the tourist thing and take a helo or airplane tourist flight but it's not the same if you're not the pilot.
Old 01-22-14, 08:37 PM   #11022
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
What all problems have people been having with 7.5.0? Let's compile a list so I have something to work on along with the GR2 Editor/Viewer on the planes.
How about everyone PMs me the problems and references/ links with New UIs for TDC ver 7.5.0, test version 12. That way it can be kept on one post consolidated for TDW to work on in his limited time?

1) Page+TDC_Update_For_NewUIs_TDC_v7_5_0_Test_Version _12 download link, fixes bug with stadimeter button in scope views, Unzip and place in the test version's \data\Scripts\Menu folder letting it overwrite the old one.

2) NewUIs with TDC, version 7.5, test version 12. Are you aware that files in the data\applications folder are much older versions than what is currently available? Original post August 14, 2013.

3) Enabling or disabling hotkey issues in optionsfile viewer/editor
Old 01-22-14, 09:27 PM   #11023
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
How about everyone PMs me the problems and references/ links with New UIs for TDC ver 7.5.0, test version 12. That way it can be kept on one post consolidated for TDW to work on in his limited time?

1) Page+TDC_Update_For_NewUIs_TDC_v7_5_0_Test_Version _12 download link, fixes bug with stadimeter button in scope views, Unzip and place in the test version's \data\Scripts\Menu folder letting it overwrite the old one.

2) NewUIs with TDC, version 7.5, test version 12. Are you aware that files in the data\applications folder are much older versions than what is currently available? Original post August 14, 2013.

3) Enabling or disabling hotkey issues in optionsfile viewer/editor
What is 1? There a screenshot or post that describes the so-called problem?

2 - yeah I know. When it's officially released all the files in the applications folder will be updated with current revisions.

3 - getting ready to look into now. Can you give me a specific hotkey that fails to update/change?
Old 01-22-14, 09:57 PM   #11024
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Page+TDC_Update_For_NewUIs_TDC_v7_5_0_Test_Version _12 download link, fixes bug with stadimeter button in scope views, Unzip and place in the test version's \data\Scripts\Menu folder letting it overwrite the old one.
Quote:
What is 1? There a screenshot or post that describes the so-called problem?

getting ready to look into now. Can you give me a specific hotkey that fails to update/change?
Per Fifi at post 10657, August 13, 2013:
- when using attack scope stadimeter, each time i clic to match the top mast, the little icon (same as in sextant causing problem staying) at top of dial desappear!
I have to double clic the TDC on/off round button to make it appear again.

Random hotkeys I can not change:hotkey for toggle following target, toggling automation visibility, message box visibility, removing mark on map, repositioning a mark on map, ship's journal visibility, teleporting to UZO station, teleporting to observation station, teleporting to attack station, visibility of the charts (and SOAN), otto's chalkboard, nomograph visibility on mini-map (TAI), SH5 enhanced heading rudder/dial, visibility of radio message box, ordering most fuel efficient speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
I agree the hot keys do not work in TDW's Option File Editor. The fuel default hot key is M but this is the default keyboard key for the map. Changing it makes no difference.
Should I go on and on?

Only one I randomly picked that works so far is:
Item notes enabled

Last edited by Mikemike47; 01-23-14 at 10:22 AM. Reason: THEBERBSTER note
Old 01-23-14, 12:37 AM   #11025
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

2 questions for TDW.
Do you take a metal detector with you sometimes when scuba diving ?
Do you mind me using my copy of the TheDarkWraithUserOptions file with my options (Yes or No) as a mod ?
sobers New UI addons for mega mod list SH5 V20
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui