SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-23-20, 07:55 PM   #2371
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Downloads from subsim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
If I have read this right, your getting a payment prompt trying to download this?

I can ensure you, that this is a free mod and will always be that way.

Can you provide a screenshot please?

If I have misunderstood - please ignore the above, and confirm if you have now downloaded it or not ?

# Update - from my side, it's downloading as expected.
Can affirm, that the only downloads I know of, that 'require', if you want to call it that.. I call it more in line with donation (but that's just My opinion...) is the ones located in the 'BONUS' section here @ subsim.

As far as it goes for FotRS-U-EN or any other mod/s hosted by modders here... have never that I am aware of, been hidden behind a pay wall... to the modders, a big hearty & heartfelt 'THANKS'.

Signing off for now, so as to get back to work, modding out not only SH4 with this latest update, but My copies of SH3 as well...

If it hasn't rang the bell for those still using LSH3 along with SH4... Urmel released the last version for SH3 earlier on today... not going to clutter up this post by Me, with a hot link to it... I leave that to those interested in it, to find it here...

That said,

I want to wish all, a (as best as can be, considering the situation as it stands for 2020, that is..) a safe, healthy Merry Christmas & a hopefully, better New Year... in 2021.

Peace...

Fair winds, smooth seas & good hunting...

Gute jagd, ihr himmelhunde

M. M.

Old 12-23-20, 08:29 PM   #2372
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Got a bit of a weird problem here. I’m trying to give my USS Balao the same armament she has in photos from late 1944, but I can’t get 20mm AA guns or a lone 4-inch deck gun. I’m stuck with the 40mm AA guns and a 4-inch gun that comes with a 20mm plonked on the rear deck.
Old 12-23-20, 09:33 PM   #2373
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Congrats all !
Old 12-23-20, 10:56 PM   #2374
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Got a bit of a weird problem here. I’m trying to give my USS Balao the same armament she has in photos from late 1944, but I can’t get 20mm AA guns or a lone 4-inch deck gun. I’m stuck with the 40mm AA guns and a 4-inch gun that comes with a 20mm plonked on the rear deck.
Are you getting the "normal" screen Cybermat47?

where you only have (usually) the currently active gear of the mod? In this case, a 4" fore with 20mm aft, or a 20mm fore with a 4" aft, or a single 5" fore, or a single 5" aft (default), and then the only choice on the AA is the twin 40mm? We kind of clamped tighter on that this round, to make certain of proper application for upgrades, but if it all goes well, we'll stretch the dates a bit and overlap some of them. The 4" gun is with the 20mm on the deck fore and aft for only a short time, and then it too moves up to a 5" and 20mm. A lot of the boat did have the possibility of doing that for barge busting. You do have single 5" guns fore and aft available, correct? Can you do a screen shot of what you have, if it's much different than above? If it is different, did you empty your Save folder before starting? No other mods?

Hey, John Pancoast! Thank you!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 11:07 PM   #2375
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Icon14

FotRSU Mod Team,

The new mod downloaded without any problems. Loaded in mod folder, installed by JSGME and the save folder in This PC > Documents deleted. Ready for test run!

Thanks for the early Christmas present! Wishing the FotRSU Mod Team a Merry Christmas!

Larry

C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 08:31 AM   #2376
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786

Quote:
If I have read this right, your getting a payment prompt trying to download this?

I can ensure you, that this is a free mod and will always be that way.

Can you provide a screenshot please?

If I have misunderstood - please ignore the above, and confirm if you have now downloaded it or not ?

# Update - from my side, it's downloading as expected.
I am getting the usual make a donation page when I click on the download link. As if this is now a donation only mod. As I said I am able to download other mods from here just not this one.
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 08:50 AM   #2377
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786

I didn't use the right terminology in the post below. What I mean is I am getting the page that requires a donation as if it is now a bonus mod.
J0313 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 10:11 AM   #2378
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I didn't use the right terminology in the post below. What I mean is I am getting the page that requires a donation as if it is now a bonus mod.
Ok, that is slightly clearer J0313,

Can you please clear your internet history / cache and try again?

As I have ementioned before, this is not a bonus mod and never will be. I'm concerned that your getting this screen and not allowing you to download, when other people in this thread have downloaded the mod without any problems at all..
Old 12-24-20, 10:12 AM   #2379
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Congrats all !
Many thanks John.
Old 12-24-20, 10:48 AM   #2380
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Now, my being a member of SubSim probably influences my results some, but just to double-check, you are logged-in to SubSim, and when on the download page, you get this:

... note the "orange" text "Download 100_FalloftheRisingSun..." hot-link below the "Navigation" links? Then, with my Vivaldi, and a few other browsers, I get this when clicking on that download link:

... with the "Save" dialog box a pop-up. FireFox just downloads it to the Downloads folder - at least, that's the way my copy does it... But if I'm using Edge, I get this:

... where the dialog is much smaller, less prominent, and at the bottom of the page. Notice that the "background" page stays the same? I'm wondering if you're going to that "Sign-up" page, because the site sees that you're not a member, and you're getting a less-obvious download prompt? Or maybe, being a non-paying member, you've exceeded the daily limit, whatever that is (5??)... ?? We want to keep the availability of the download in one location, for ease of maintenance, but let us know a few more details, if you can please, and we'll see what we can work out.

In the meantime, is anyone else having issues with getting the download? Things to look for are ad-blockers in your browser, or added to your browser. You could also try another browser, and see what you get... I cannot get a download link without being logged-in on SubSim.com

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 11:02 AM   #2381
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

I tried multiple times but the download never begins although other SH4 downloads work just fine. Am using Chrome and that appears to be a common denominator here.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 03:23 PM   #2382
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Ok, that is slightly clearer J0313,

Can you please clear your internet history / cache and try again?

As I have ementioned before, this is not a bonus mod and never will be. I'm concerned that your getting this screen and not allowing you to download, when other people in this thread have downloaded the mod without any problems at all..
it could be a non-subscriber experience....because of the size of the FOTRSU zipfile or possibly because the non-subscriber has reached a different type of download limit.

it has been so long since i was a non-subscriber that i do not remember the various limits/restrictions with d/l's.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 03:31 PM   #2383
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

Today, attempting to download the FOTRS update I too get the donation page even though logged in as a member.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 03:57 PM   #2384
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Default Same here. Don't use Chrome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
I tried multiple times but the download never begins although other SH4 downloads work just fine. Am using Chrome and that appears to be a common denominator here.

-C
Same here. Don't use Chrome. I used MS Edge for this one download. Something is up with Google Chrome...

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 04:00 PM   #2385
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Default Merry Christmas to Everyone

Merry Christmas to Everyone at Subsim.com
Merry Christmas to the FOTRSU TEAM!
Merry Christmas Onkel Neal!
I've been playing since 5:30 this morning. I've tested all the features using the Navigation Lesson and now I'm on my way to Midway to refuel. Destination Tokyo. First War Patrol Dec. 9, 1941 0600 departed Pearl for Midway and then Empire Waters.

Everything seems to be working just fine with FOTRSU v1.39

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote