SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-19, 03:07 AM   #106
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmer View Post
@vdr1981
I'm all out of ideas, and Steam has refunded me, so I can't do anything there anymore, all I have now is my vanilla Uplay version.
So I guess it's play that or nothing at this moment in time, for me.
steam has updated but Beyond the opening of the screen with "ubisoft" logo, nothing has changed .. TWoS works well for me again, (maybe now place a video, so we understand better) while if I download from uplay the game (I have both versions) always opens the "ubisoft" screen but after the game crashes ... in conclusion with steam, despite the update, i have no real problems.
Old 10-27-19, 03:15 AM   #107
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
steam has updated but Beyond the opening of the screen with "ubisoft" logo, nothing has changed .. TWoS works well for me again, (maybe now place a video, so we understand better) while if I download from uplay the game (I have both versions) always opens the "ubisoft" screen but after the game crashes ... in conclusion with steam despite the update i have no real problems.
Opening screen with Ubisoft logo? That should be blocked by the Generic Patcher by default... Are you completely sure that your Generic Patcher is activated?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 03:27 AM   #108
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
@vdr1981
I'm all out of ideas, and Steam has refunded me, so I can't do anything there anymore, all I have now is my vanilla Uplay version.
So I guess it's play that or nothing at this moment in time, for me.
Try this test v2 installer... http://www.mediafire.com/file/aaxe84...est_2.exe/file
Old 10-27-19, 06:29 AM   #109
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Opening screen with Ubisoft logo? That should be blocked by the Generic Patcher by default... Are you completely sure that your Generic Patcher is activated?

I'm sorry for long minutes black screen...load time for my PC.
For me all work good.
Old 10-27-19, 07:24 AM   #110
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi h
Game play setting changes must be made before you save the game not after otherwise the changes will not happen.
Not sure why you chose to continuing a campaign when you are starting the first campaign in Memel.
On a personal note I prefer to select the mission, change the game play settings, then make the game save, load the game save from the main menu.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 07:49 AM   #111
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi h
Game play setting changes must be made before you save the game not after otherwise the changes will not happen.
Not sure why you chose to continuing a campaign when you are starting the first campaign in Memel.
On a personal note I prefer to select the mission, change the game play settings, then make the game save, load the game save from the main menu.
Peter
Hi Peter
You are right. I didn't pay attention to the settings (normally I do the same as you do) it wasn't important where I started but this time i loaded so just to do it faster, I just wanted to make videos that showed TWoS to me it seems to work good with steam.

Last edited by hauangua; 10-27-19 at 11:43 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 11:55 AM   #112
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
If this is true than DVD version is probably next... I really don't understand those charlatans from Ubisoft. It seems that they are trying to kill their own game one more time.
Well, if the game is installed from the DVD, then patched offline with the official patch 1.02, then again patched with TDW's patch for bypassing the crappy Ubi launcher, I don't see how Ubi can mess on my own computer the copy of SH5 that I legitimately bought, even though by all appearances they are trying (once more) to boicot it...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 02:54 PM   #113
THEBERBSTER

Hi gap
Like you I bought my DVD legitimately some years ago before all this Ubi/Uplay crap started when all we had to contend with was the bugs.
I now have the option to use a cracked exe with my game so they can go to hell I don't need them anymore.
They are selling this game today which is not fit for purpose and it's about time they took responsibility and got their act together, after all they have had plenty of time.

Peter
Old 10-27-19, 06:05 PM   #114
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
They are selling this game today which is not fit for purpose and it's about time they took responsibility and got their act together, after all they have had plenty of time.
Perhaps the most hilarious thing about Ubi and SH5 is that they are still selling and getting money from a product that they keep breaking rather than supporting and fixing it. Not to mention the fact that who is more negatively affected by this wrong policy are the ones who, with their work and enthusiasm, have contributed to the relative popularity of this title making them to keep earning money from a largely unfinished game... in another world, or another company, they would be grateful to this people, but apparently for some reason they don't like or to the least they don't care about their work...

On a side note: is there any plausible reason they have offered for releasing a new game patch (a release note or something) after years of silence?
In the official SH5 support page (sorry, in Italian, I couldn't find one in English), the last listed patch is still 1.02

Last edited by gap; 10-27-19 at 06:13 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-19, 07:52 PM   #115
THEBERBSTER

Hi Gap
What I do not understand with Uplay is every time you start the game they patch it before logging you in to your game.
Why do they need to that, surely when the game is updated from v1.05 to v1.2.0 all the patching that needs to be done could be done in one go and the game could go straight to the game and be started.

Ubicrap removed the Starforce protection from SH3 and all versions are security free.
SH5 is secured by download version password and the DVD has a cd key as well as a password.
In the way that SH3 was treated one would think that an updated SH5 version could quite easily be treated the same way and be made Uplay free.
Why Uplay should be, or needs to be involved in a Ubisoft game that is 12 years old to me is total bewilderment and does not make sense.

It was a Uplay update some 5 years ago now that messed up the campaign icons and tonnage bar from working.

Peter
Old 10-27-19, 09:00 PM   #116
Harmer
Seaman

Downloads: 13

@vdr1981

will try your new exe. Uploaded: 2019-10-24 08:26:22 & let you know how it goes. Thanks!

vdr1981 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Also I need to pm you.

[EDIT]: The patch hasn't worked. Got the usual 'different version' message, and only 8 of the Generic File Patcher files loaded.

Last edited by Harmer; 10-28-19 at 12:44 AM.
Harmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 05:15 AM   #117
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

Also I need to pm you.
Try now...

Quote:
The patch hasn't worked. Got the usual 'different version' message, and only 8 of the Generic File Patcher files loaded.
(It isn't a "patch". It's a complete installer for TWoS v2.2.16 which requires a clean SH5 installation...)

But how if your sh5.exe is automatically replaced by the test installer?!

Do you have in your main game folder files called "sh5.exe.patch" and "sh5.exe.steam"?
Old 10-28-19, 02:40 PM   #118
hauangua
Grey Wolf

I contacted Ubisoft for clarification, this is their answer:

Ubi-Plum @Servizio Clienti Ubisoft Ha scritto: 28/10/2019 @ 18:14
"La ringrazio per il suo feedback riguardo Silent Hunter 5.

La informo che le mod sono contro i termini di utilizzo che può trovare al seguente link: https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/it-IT

Se nel frattempo ha altre domande o necessita ulteriore assistenza, non esiti a ricontattarci.

Cordiali saluti,
Nicole
Supporto Ubisoft"

Translated:
"Thank you for your feedback on Silent Hunter 5.

I inform you that the mods are against the terms of use that you can find at the following link: https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/it-IT

If you have other questions in the meantime or need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Nicole
Ubisoft support"

Without words .... evidently Ubisoft prefer to sell a buggy game,
Don't they understand that if it is still purchased it is thanks to the work of the Modders? The vanilla game is .... useless! happy them!

Last edited by hauangua; 10-28-19 at 03:34 PM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 03:07 PM   #119
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

They do not have a date on that "terms of use agreement", and while I will have to try and dig through my files for their "original" version from when I purchased the game, I do not remember them "banning" modding. I also do not expect to find an un-altered version on my hard drive anymore, since they updated my install without my permission... To me, new Ubisoft purchases are now "against my terms of use"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 03:24 PM   #120
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
To me, new Ubisoft purchases are now "against my terms of use"...
absolutely agree with you Propbeanie