SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-02-07, 03:30 PM   #196
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10
Default oops

Sorry, I must have missed the obituary. My condolences.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-07, 06:50 PM   #197
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default ping

So any other voice command problems to report? Been working great for me, seen nothing that needs fixing really. The salvos are still in the "would be nice and I'll do it one day if I'm really bored" category
Old 09-05-07, 08:58 PM   #198
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Everything working great here - finally got all my personal tweaks done (and my version of your great reference card revised accordingly), and managed to get my 3 start-up commands (tube number and dial/tube resets) chained together into a single verbal command with a really nice camera shift at the end to serve as visual confirmation that it was recognized, so now I'm just waiting for leovampire et al. to release the new LBO/reflections/smoke/everything else visual mod before heading out to sea for some serious patrolling.

Really looking forward to putting this thing through its paces in a serious career soon, now that my "sea trials" with it are pretty much over
Old 09-07-07, 02:38 AM   #199
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

I've always wanted to try this application out, but the install process was too daunting - until now. It's so easy to install now, I said, "What the heck, go for it." I can't tell you how much fun it is! Makes it really immersive! I say the command, "Periscope depth," and the crew responds, "Yes, sir! Periscope depth!" The crew must've thought I flipped my lid, repeatedly sumberging and surfacing the boat, changing speeds, opening and closing the torpedo tube doors, stopping, going... They were probably asking the doc to relieve me of my duties.

Thanks for the wonderful mod!!!

Bill
billko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 04:27 PM   #200
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
I've always wanted to try this application out, but the install process was too daunting - until now. It's so easy to install now, I said, "What the heck, go for it." I can't tell you how much fun it is! Makes it really immersive! I say the command, "Periscope depth," and the crew responds, "Yes, sir! Periscope depth!" The crew must've thought I flipped my lid, repeatedly sumberging and surfacing the boat, changing speeds, opening and closing the torpedo tube doors, stopping, going... They were probably asking the doc to relieve me of my duties.

Thanks for the wonderful mod!!!

Bill
I love to see posts like this, makes me feel like the extra effort to compile those EXEs and kill the install procedure really helped.
Old 09-07-07, 10:37 PM   #201
panthercules
The Old Man

I've discovered one major problem with my SH4Speech 2.21 install - despite having added this command and tweaked my .csv files to the max, and checking syntax, ID#s, etc. out the wazoo, I keep shouting out the command "LEO/KRILLER - RELEASE REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER", "LEO/KRILLER - RELEASE REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER", over and over again but the program doesn't seem to recognize the command, and nothing happens

Please see if you can fix this problem in your next update
Old 09-08-07, 01:59 AM   #202
jaketoox
Gunner

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
I've discovered one major problem with my SH4Speech 2.21 install - despite having added this command and tweaked my .csv files to the max, and checking syntax, ID#s, etc. out the wazoo, I keep shouting out the command "LEO/KRILLER - RELEASE REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER", "LEO/KRILLER - RELEASE REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER", over and over again but the program doesn't seem to recognize the command, and nothing happens

Please see if you can fix this problem in your next update
..have you checked out where your microphone is manufactured......if id reads "made in china"....it is possible that "youl miclophone will not lecognize youl command because it's containing too many l:s lepeatedly"........only known plopable fix is leplacing l:s with l:s, but they say it will wolk only in 50 plocent of cases...

Jake
jaketoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 11:34 AM   #203
billko
中国水兵

I hope this isn't considered hijacking this thread, but I just wanted to let the people using this mod know that I am working on the following change to the voice_commands.csv file:

All commands contianing numbers (heading, depth, etc.), will be called out as individual numbers instead as a complete number. For instance, "heading left one hundred fifteen degrees" will instead be called out as "heading left one one five degrees."

In addition, all references to the number "nine" will instead be referred to as "niner." I've noticed that the Microsoft's speech interpreter confused numbers like "fifteen" and "fifty" very often (as in real life!). Also, "niner" is being introduced as a way to distinguish "five" from "nine," which, even though MickeySoft's interpreter never made a mistake, I thought it might add to the immersion factor. I just thought of something. I don't know if "niner" would interpret to other languages, so you can just do a search for "niner" and replace it with "nine." Sorry about that.

If anyone's interested, it will probably be done in a few days.

My hat's off to minsc_tdp for making the mod in the first place, and for making it so accessible to fellow modders!

Bill
Old 09-08-07, 01:17 PM   #204
panthercules
The Old Man

@billko - good idea - I did this a while back in my install for the depth readings, (though only for every 5-foot increment), and it does make it sound better. After watching some old WWII sub movies again, I decided not to do it with my rudder commands (though I did change them to a format like "right 10 degrees rudder", again in 5-degree increments), and since you do need 1-degree precision with the heading commands I decided not to do it with those yet (too much work ).

If minsc could figure out how to let us order a specific course ("make your course two four zero") instead of having to order relative course (which is still an amazing achievement by minsc - don't get me wrong here), I'd do it with those commands too.

I've got a heavily-tweaked set of .csv files, which depend in part on some changes I've made to the commands.cfg file (I added keys mapped to several additional commands so I could use them with SH4Speech), and from which I have also removed some of minsc's commands that I just don't happen to be using yet, and so they aren't really amenable to being used as a JSGME-ready mod. Therefore, I haven't really tried to set anything up to be posted, but you can find a copy of my .csv files here in case anybody just wants to look at them for ideas about how they might want to tweak their own files:

http://files.filefront.com/Panthers+.../fileinfo.html

Minsc has done something really cool here, escpecially making it so easy to customize it to your own tastes - well done Minsc
Old 09-08-07, 11:38 PM   #205
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
"niner"
Send it to me when you're done and I'll put it in the distro as an alternate CSV, I meant to do this at well at some point
Old 09-08-07, 11:48 PM   #206
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp
Quote:
"niner"
Send it to me when you're done and I'll put it in the distro as an alternate CSV, I meant to do this at well at some point
Hey, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Judicious use of the find/replace and all that was left to manually update were all the entries with "zero" in them. I'll get it to you tomorrow.

Thank you *so much* for making your application so easily customized!

Bill
Old 09-09-07, 02:29 PM   #207
billko
中国水兵

Default how do you control the "key press" speed?

I'm asking because my computer slows down enough in the periscope view that all the tube cycling commands don't get recognized. In contrast, when I am in map mode where the computer is not breathing hard, the cycling works just fine. I need to slow down the "keystrokes" coming from sh4speech. Thanks!

Bill
Old 09-09-07, 03:03 PM   #208
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
I'm asking because my computer slows down enough in the periscope view that all the tube cycling commands don't get recognized. In contrast, when I am in map mode where the computer is not breathing hard, the cycling works just fine. I need to slow down the "keystrokes" coming from sh4speech. Thanks!

Bill
There's no way right now. How about I add a general multiplier that you can change via the launch BAT file that will speed or slow everything. So the default would be 1 and you would change it to like 1.2 to increase the delays a bit.
Old 09-09-07, 03:17 PM   #209
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp
Quote:

Bill
There's no way right now. How about I add a general multiplier that you can change via the launch BAT file that will speed or slow everything. So the default would be 1 and you would change it to like 1.2 to increase the delays a bit.
That would be beautiful, but you don't have to release it until you have a bunch of other stuff, too. I can always cycle them by saying "next tube."

Bill
Old 09-09-07, 11:39 PM   #210
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
I can always cycle them by saying "next tube." Bill
Careful with that, if it missed a tube switch, say you start at 1 and say "tube 3" and it misses it, then you say "next tube" twice to reach tube three, it will actually think you're on tube 5. Then if you say "open tube 1" it will think it has to go 2 more to go 6,1 and it will actually end up opening tube five (cuz you're on 3 and it goes 3+2). So it's best we fix this. If you find yourself all mixed up of course just say "reset tubes" and click tube 1, and it should be fine from there.