SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-26-07, 06:43 PM   #1
jaketoox
Gunner

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] MetalHud and Stowa Kriegsmarine deck watch for SH4 1.4

Hi for everyone!

Well,folks...finally i have been able to finish what i started some two months ago..there was a bit of working with the seafoam for the ROW and it took most of my time in last weeks...but now when foam is finished, i had time to finish my other work...

First i have to say that this community has given me so much, so it's my turn to give something back...that's how it works best...right???

So here you are: Stowa Kriegsmarine deck watch,(three different flavours, two of them in pictures below), and Metal Hud with dials....Both are SH4 v. 1.4 compatible......take a look first:

-1-

-2-

-3-

-GRAYBARS-

[EDIT] GRAYBARS added..another change in here is a bit darker dialrings too.

...so that's how they look...interested..???....

...ok now...the installation part:

-1- download
-2- extract to a folder
-3- browse the extracted folder, and when you see the readme-file: according to Stowa Kriegsmarine,copy one of the folders to your JSGME mods folder, and enable it with JSGME....same procedure goes with Metal Hud,but there's only one folder to choose, copy it to JSGME mods folder and enable it...now just enjoy

THESE ARE FULLY GRAPHICAL MODS, THEY DON'T AFFECT IN ANY WAY TO YOUR menu1024_768.ini AND THERE IS NO NEED TO TWEAK IT TO MAKE THESE MODS TO WORK!!!!!

Download links:STOWA KRIEGSMARINE METAL HUD

and just to be sure: STOWA METAL HUD

Graybars-version : LINK ALTERNATE LINK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to leovampire for testing these mods, and thanks to Ubisoft for making modder-friendly game like this..

Legal stuff can be found on readmes included on these mods

Suggestios and opinions are more than welcome, and i will answer the questions(if there's any) every now and then,....you know, i would like to actually PLAY THE GAME too...at least some times...:rotfl::rotfl:

[EDIT]
__________________________________________________ ____
I was thinking a bit (happens here too, but rarely...:rotfl and just thought that you may have some wishes about appearance of MetalHud....for example what would brushed steel look like for the bars, maybe in two different versions, dark and light...would that be cool??...any kind of combinations are possible...

Also i thought that i can make separate downloads available for DIALS and HUD, so you can make your own mixture of them...original versions will stay as they are now.

So i only need some feedback, and i'll see what i can do.
__________________________________________________ _____

NEW!!!

COMPASS HEADING INDICATOR FOR METALHUD AND DIALRINGS REPLACEMENT MOD.

Compass heading indicator
is an addon for your existing MetalHud installation.

Dialrings replacement
is a mod which replaces any existing rings around gauges
on your hud, and adds heading indicator for the compass.So now you can have exactly the same dialrings, like in the MetalHud.

Both mods are included in the same package and they come in two flavours,bright and dark...just select one of them to enable with JSGME.

[EDIT]

Before you proceed, y
ou need to download and install jimimadrid's great tool, called JTxE. With that tool you don't need to modificate your menu_1024_768.ini by yourself. Link to the thread is HERE
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""

CREDITS: to jimimadrid for the compass heading indicator.

INSTALLATION

-1- Download

-2- Extract to a folder

-3- DIVE to extracted folder, and you find JSGME- ready folders, select one, and enable with JSGME

-4-Download JTxE-files, extract to a folder, where you can find two files, DIALRINGS.ini and MH_COMPASS.ini. Copy the one related with your selected mod, to your ini_Mods folder and enable it with JTxE.

DOWNLOAD: HERE or HERE

JTxE FILES: HERE
__________________________________________________ ___________

Needles by DrBeast, thanks for offering this

This is JSGME-ready, just extract to your Mods-folder and enable with JSGME.

DOWNLOAD: HERE

############
#############################################
CHRISTMAS RELEASE, DO NOT OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS !!!! :rotfl:

MetalHud, model: Leovampire

Includes HUD and dials, is JSGME-ready.....

DOWNLOAD

#########################################################
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Hope you enjoy, skippers!!

Jake

Last edited by jaketoox; 12-22-07 at 08:27 PM.
jaketoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 06:47 PM   #2
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Very very nice and totaly Cool

Especialy the Telegraph indicator for the engines. And nice to have a new set of button color indicator's

Nice metal look as well and you know me new is cool rather than worn out!
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 06:53 PM   #3
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

This does look pretty cool - thanks for making this available. Just one question - I note that the fuel/battery indicators are slid over to the right in your pictures above - is that a function of this mod, or some other mod you're using? More specifically, does this mod actually change the number/locations of order bar buttons (and the fuel/battery indicators), or does it leave them in their same positions and just change the coloring? I'm using SH4Speech which is dependent (for some of its capabilities) on the positions of these order bar locations, so if this changes any of those locations/configurations (and not just the colors) I'll either have to skip it or figure out how to tell SH4Speech about the new locations (which is doable, but I'm not sure how much trouble it would be as I've never tried it yet).
Old 09-26-07, 07:06 PM   #4
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default panthercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
This does look pretty cool - thanks for making this available. Just one question - I note that the fuel/battery indicators are slid over to the right in your pictures above - is that a function of this mod, or some other mod you're using? More specifically, does this mod actually change the number/locations of order bar buttons (and the fuel/battery indicators), or does it leave them in their same positions and just change the coloring? I'm using SH4Speech which is dependent (for some of its capabilities) on the positions of these order bar locations, so if this changes any of those locations/configurations (and not just the colors) I'll either have to skip it or figure out how to tell SH4Speech about the new locations (which is doable, but I'm not sure how much trouble it would be as I've never tried it yet).
I just checked in my own game from the one he changed for me to the original hud and didn't see any change in possition plus he didn't change anything in the menu files at all just the texture colors and work. Only the DDS file for the hud and what not has been worked with.
Old 09-26-07, 07:11 PM   #5
jaketoox
Gunner

Quote:
I note that the fuel/battery indicators are slid over to the right in your pictures above - is that a function of this mod, or some other mod you're using?
I don't fully understand what you mean by that...sorry, not born to speak or write english....well there are a(quite) big number of mods that i'm using, so it's possible that they are affecting......there are no other tweaks in this than graphical change..

Quote:
More specifically, does this mod actually change the number/locations of order bar buttons (and the fuel/battery indicators), or does it leave them in their same positions and just change the coloring? I'm using SH4Speech which is dependent (for some of its capabilities) on the positions of these order bar locations, so if this changes any of those locations/configurations (and not just the colors) I'll either have to skip it or figure out how to tell SH4Speech about the new locations (which is doable, but I'm not sure how much trouble it would be as I've never tried it yet).
It should not change anything compared to stock files...this is completely made out of stock v.1.3 files without any other than graphical changes applied.

Hope this was helping

Jake
Old 09-26-07, 07:37 PM   #6
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

yes - thanks leo and jake - the answers were very helpful. Can't wait to take my new-looking HUD for a spin
Old 09-26-07, 07:51 PM   #7
jaketoox
Gunner

Quote:
yes - thanks leo and jake - the answers were very helpful. Can't wait to take my new-looking HUD for a spin
You're welcome, hope you enjoy your new HUD

Jake
Old 09-26-07, 08:49 PM   #8
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Thanks Jake for reworking mine

This is Awsome thanks! Now you just need the Brass Arm at the end of the telegraph engine speed indicator!:rotfl: No serious this is awsome I Love it! Day and night time view.

BTW guy's this is the man who made the new sea foam for the ROW mod!

Last edited by leovampire; 09-26-07 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-26-07, 09:28 PM   #9
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Excellent work, Jake Very eye appealing and nice work avoiding the menu.ini accident waiting to happen :rotfl: .Thanks for this and your work on the other mods.

Quote:
Just one question - I note that the fuel/battery indicators are slid over to the right in your pictures above - is that a function of this mod, or some other mod you're using? More specifically, does this mod actually change the number/locations of order bar buttons (and the fuel/battery indicators), or does it leave them in their same positions and just change the coloring?
I think what you are seeing is differences in screen resolution. For instance, someone who runs at 1024x768 will see fewer orders buttons than those who run higher resolutions. The reason that the battery/etc indicators look shifted to the right is because the game compensates for differences in horizontal resolution by leaving more blank space between the end of the buttons and the rest of the HUD. sh4speech handles all of the adjustments necessary for the differences in resolution.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-07, 10:10 PM   #10
jaketoox
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Excellent work, Jake Very eye appealing and nice work avoiding the menu.ini accident waiting to happen :rotfl: .Thanks for this and your work on the other mods.

Quote:
Just one question - I note that the fuel/battery indicators are slid over to the right in your pictures above - is that a function of this mod, or some other mod you're using? More specifically, does this mod actually change the number/locations of order bar buttons (and the fuel/battery indicators), or does it leave them in their same positions and just change the coloring?
I think what you are seeing is differences in screen resolution. For instance, someone who runs at 1024x768 will see fewer orders buttons than those who run higher resolutions. The reason that the battery/etc indicators look shifted to the right is because the game compensates for differences in horizontal resolution by leaving more blank space between the end of the buttons and the rest of the HUD. sh4speech handles all of the adjustments necessary for the differences in resolution.
Thanks DT, nice to hear you like it....and thanks for clarifying what panthercules ment about that.....really, i have an old 17'' CRT by Philips....and it feels like looking through the porthole when trying to make mods and play the game...heck i wonder if someone else is using CRT:s anymore for playing this game these days.....

Jake
Old 09-26-07, 10:47 PM   #11
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Thx Jake

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 09:16 AM   #12
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaketoox
.....really, i have an old 17'' CRT by Philips....and it feels like looking through the porthole when trying to make mods and play the game...heck i wonder if someone else is using CRT:s anymore for playing this game these days.....
Jake
Funny you should mention CRTs. I just retired my 17" KDS for a Samsung 20" wide screen. That's one of the reasons I noticed the big gap in the center of the HUD. This game is getting expensive, first the video card, then the monitor and now I'm seriously considering spending next months food allowance on upgrading from my Socket A system to something a little more "new fangled".:rotfl:

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 09:34 AM   #13
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Could the bar that is yellow in color be made gray? I like all the other colors but the yellow/tannish looking bar would be nice in gray. At least for me. I like the watch a lot. I love Oakgrooves but he did make the textures as the controls look today and not fresh out of dry dock. Still a wonderful mod. Anyway, gray would be cool for the bottom bar and brass looking colors for the rings around the guages. The it would look like the USS Torsk and the brass I polish every weekend.
Old 09-27-07, 10:11 AM   #14
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 10:17 AM   #15
jaketoox
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Could the bar that is yellow in color be made gray? I like all the other colors but the yellow/tannish looking bar would be nice in gray. At least for me. I like the watch a lot. I love Oakgrooves but he did make the textures as the controls look today and not fresh out of dry dock. Still a wonderful mod. Anyway, gray would be cool for the bottom bar and brass looking colors for the rings around the guages. The it would look like the USS Torsk and the brass I polish every weekend.
Actually i was thinking something like that too, and you propably will see a new download link soon.........thanks for reply

Jake