SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-07, 06:06 PM   #1
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

got it in jsgme but i gotta leave for work...now

i'm wondering if the orders are repeated back, ie: "make your depth 225ft." "make my depth 225ft, aye (sir)"

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Capt. Shark Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 10:02 PM   #2
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10
Default A little behind the curve here,

I hate being so far behind, but I'm just now getting to getting sh4speech installed and ran into a bit of a problem. I've followed the installation instructions (unless I missed something somewhere) and run into the following error when I attempt to run the app

can't locate Time/HiRes.pm in @INC <@INC contains C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib.> at go.pl line 13
Begin failed--compilation aborted at go.pl line 13.

I have active perl and python installed on C: and the sh4speech folder is also on C:
I followed the instructions to run the COM Makepy utility successfully. I tried rerunning the install.bat and received messages stating that Win32-Locale and Win32-API were already installed and got the "everything should be done now" message.

Any suggestions on a resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and nice work on the project.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-07, 11:59 PM   #3
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
can't locate Time/HiRes.pm in @INC
Any messages like these mean a Perl module isn't installed. If you used ActiveState Perl it should have included this but, who knows.

Any message like this can generally be resolved by typing this from a command prompt:

ppm install Time-HiRes

Those are case sensitive I believe - so the module name for HiRes.pm in the Time folder (Time/HiRes.pm) will always be called Time-HiRes. Another example, if it says it can't locate some/module/name.pm then you would type ppm install some-module-name
Old 08-18-07, 11:56 PM   #4
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Shark Bait
got it in jsgme but i gotta leave for work...now

i'm wondering if the orders are repeated back, ie: "make your depth 225ft." "make my depth 225ft, aye (sir)"
1. JGSME does nothing with sh4speech - it's a self-standing application that should run from c:\sh4speech. Check the readme for detailed installation info.

2. I make no effort to repeat them back, so you'll only hear them repeated back if those orders would normally be repeated back in game, which many are.
Old 08-26-07, 06:52 PM   #5
mobius22
Seaman

Downloads: 0

This mod is awesome. Sitting in the chair five feet fom the keyboard and using the Logitech PS2 headphones (they got a long reach) is really cool. Also, it makes me feel like a real captain. "GO DO THIS!!!" "Yes sir, this." "This."
"GO DO THAT!" "Yes sir. That." "That."
I've also modified the Excel sheet to better suit Trigger Marus settup; this way, I don't get the map when I order "BRIDGE!"
mobius22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-07, 08:05 PM   #6
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius22
I've also modified the Excel sheet to better suit Trigger Marus setup;
Um... cool. Well as you can see we're in the middle of some more major surgery to properly support Trigger Maru's custom commands.
Old 09-07-07, 02:38 AM   #7
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

I've always wanted to try this application out, but the install process was too daunting - until now. It's so easy to install now, I said, "What the heck, go for it." I can't tell you how much fun it is! Makes it really immersive! I say the command, "Periscope depth," and the crew responds, "Yes, sir! Periscope depth!" The crew must've thought I flipped my lid, repeatedly sumberging and surfacing the boat, changing speeds, opening and closing the torpedo tube doors, stopping, going... They were probably asking the doc to relieve me of my duties.

Thanks for the wonderful mod!!!

Bill
billko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 04:27 PM   #8
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
I've always wanted to try this application out, but the install process was too daunting - until now. It's so easy to install now, I said, "What the heck, go for it." I can't tell you how much fun it is! Makes it really immersive! I say the command, "Periscope depth," and the crew responds, "Yes, sir! Periscope depth!" The crew must've thought I flipped my lid, repeatedly sumberging and surfacing the boat, changing speeds, opening and closing the torpedo tube doors, stopping, going... They were probably asking the doc to relieve me of my duties.

Thanks for the wonderful mod!!!

Bill
I love to see posts like this, makes me feel like the extra effort to compile those EXEs and kill the install procedure really helped.
Old 09-07-07, 10:37 PM   #9
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

I've discovered one major problem with my SH4Speech 2.21 install - despite having added this command and tweaked my .csv files to the max, and checking syntax, ID#s, etc. out the wazoo, I keep shouting out the command "LEO/KRILLER - RELEASE REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER", "LEO/KRILLER - RELEASE REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER", over and over again but the program doesn't seem to recognize the command, and nothing happens

Please see if you can fix this problem in your next update
Old 09-08-07, 01:59 AM   #10
jaketoox
Gunner

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
I've discovered one major problem with my SH4Speech 2.21 install - despite having added this command and tweaked my .csv files to the max, and checking syntax, ID#s, etc. out the wazoo, I keep shouting out the command "LEO/KRILLER - RELEASE REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER", "LEO/KRILLER - RELEASE REFLECTIONS ON THE WATER", over and over again but the program doesn't seem to recognize the command, and nothing happens

Please see if you can fix this problem in your next update
..have you checked out where your microphone is manufactured......if id reads "made in china"....it is possible that "youl miclophone will not lecognize youl command because it's containing too many l:s lepeatedly"........only known plopable fix is leplacing l:s with l:s, but they say it will wolk only in 50 plocent of cases...

Jake
jaketoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 11:34 AM   #11
billko
中国水兵

I hope this isn't considered hijacking this thread, but I just wanted to let the people using this mod know that I am working on the following change to the voice_commands.csv file:

All commands contianing numbers (heading, depth, etc.), will be called out as individual numbers instead as a complete number. For instance, "heading left one hundred fifteen degrees" will instead be called out as "heading left one one five degrees."

In addition, all references to the number "nine" will instead be referred to as "niner." I've noticed that the Microsoft's speech interpreter confused numbers like "fifteen" and "fifty" very often (as in real life!). Also, "niner" is being introduced as a way to distinguish "five" from "nine," which, even though MickeySoft's interpreter never made a mistake, I thought it might add to the immersion factor. I just thought of something. I don't know if "niner" would interpret to other languages, so you can just do a search for "niner" and replace it with "nine." Sorry about that.

If anyone's interested, it will probably be done in a few days.

My hat's off to minsc_tdp for making the mod in the first place, and for making it so accessible to fellow modders!

Bill
Old 09-09-07, 02:29 PM   #12
billko
中国水兵

Default how do you control the "key press" speed?

I'm asking because my computer slows down enough in the periscope view that all the tube cycling commands don't get recognized. In contrast, when I am in map mode where the computer is not breathing hard, the cycling works just fine. I need to slow down the "keystrokes" coming from sh4speech. Thanks!

Bill
Old 09-09-07, 03:03 PM   #13
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
I'm asking because my computer slows down enough in the periscope view that all the tube cycling commands don't get recognized. In contrast, when I am in map mode where the computer is not breathing hard, the cycling works just fine. I need to slow down the "keystrokes" coming from sh4speech. Thanks!

Bill
There's no way right now. How about I add a general multiplier that you can change via the launch BAT file that will speed or slow everything. So the default would be 1 and you would change it to like 1.2 to increase the delays a bit.
Old 09-09-07, 03:17 PM   #14
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp
Quote:

Bill
There's no way right now. How about I add a general multiplier that you can change via the launch BAT file that will speed or slow everything. So the default would be 1 and you would change it to like 1.2 to increase the delays a bit.
That would be beautiful, but you don't have to release it until you have a bunch of other stuff, too. I can always cycle them by saying "next tube."

Bill
Old 09-09-07, 11:39 PM   #15
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
I can always cycle them by saying "next tube." Bill
Careful with that, if it missed a tube switch, say you start at 1 and say "tube 3" and it misses it, then you say "next tube" twice to reach tube three, it will actually think you're on tube 5. Then if you say "open tube 1" it will think it has to go 2 more to go 6,1 and it will actually end up opening tube five (cuz you're on 3 and it goes 3+2). So it's best we fix this. If you find yourself all mixed up of course just say "reset tubes" and click tube 1, and it should be fine from there.