SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-20, 07:57 PM   #1
Captain Hammered
Seaman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Manual Dive Plane gauges not appearing.

o7 folks!

As I improve with TWoS, I'm using more and more of its features; in this case, the specialized operations performed by the Officers (bottom of the screen). One I am having trouble with is the use of the manual dive plane gauges, under ol' Josef's ugly mug.
(Great guy and a fantastic Chief; it's just that with a face like that, when we take the crew photo, we give HIM the camera. Anyway...)

For whatever reason, when I bring up 'Dive Plane Controls' under Josef's hideous visage and click 'manual', nothing happens. The button blinks, but no gauge appears and the planes do not move out of automatic setting. In other words, I can't under any circumstance manually zero the planes, which I would dearly love to do - on a crash dive they're acting more like brakes than control surfaces; a situation my British skimmer friends up there are quite happily taking advantage of.

I'm guessing that either the gauges didn't get installed, or something needs to be configured to allow them to be selected. I've tried reinstalling, but with the same result.

Does anybody have any idea why I am not able to select manual dive planes? I'd be grateful.
Cheers!
Captain Hammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 04:40 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hammered View Post
o7 folks!

As I improve with TWoS, I'm using more and more of its features; in this case, the specialized operations performed by the Officers (bottom of the screen). One I am having trouble with is the use of the manual dive plane gauges, under ol' Josef's ugly mug.
(Great guy and a fantastic Chief; it's just that with a face like that, when we take the crew photo, we give HIM the camera. Anyway...)

For whatever reason, when I bring up 'Dive Plane Controls' under Josef's hideous visage and click 'manual', nothing happens. The button blinks, but no gauge appears and the planes do not move out of automatic setting. In other words, I can't under any circumstance manually zero the planes, which I would dearly love to do - on a crash dive they're acting more like brakes than control surfaces; a situation my British skimmer friends up there are quite happily taking advantage of.

I'm guessing that either the gauges didn't get installed, or something needs to be configured to allow them to be selected. I've tried reinstalling, but with the same result.

Does anybody have any idea why I am not able to select manual dive planes? I'd be grateful.
Cheers!
Did you activate the Generic Patcher and restore the snapshot (step 2 from install instructions)?

Last edited by vdr1981; 03-26-20 at 05:14 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 02:23 PM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Keep flagging them up (spammers) and I'll keep knocking em out

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 02:53 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Copy that, JimBuna! sksssshk - props out!

P.S. sorry vdr1981 - spammer was attempting to infiltrate...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 12:10 AM   #5
Captain Hammered
Seaman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Did you activate the Generic Patcher and restore the snapshot (step 2 from install instructions)?
Ahh - that was it, thank you!

Sorry about that; I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to installing things.
As I recall (given my swiss-cheese memory that's questionable) I'd downloaded the thing a year or so ago and had trouble following the instructions - what problems exactly I can't recall. But upon trying it worked - and spectacularly, so I went with it until life intervened. (I'm guessing, anyway - my memory really isn't what it was.)

I just re-installed it about a week or so ago and have been loving it, but had forgotten that I hadn't done a full, proper install. My attempts at re-installing just included taking it out of JSGME and putting it back in.

It now looks and acts even better than before and I'm thrilled - so thank you!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Keep flagging them up (spammers) and I'll keep knocking em out
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Copy that, JimBuna! sksssshk - props out!

P.S. sorry vdr1981 - spammer was attempting to infiltrate...
LOL I'm not sure what that means, but it looks like I missed something.
Cheers!

Last edited by Captain Hammered; 03-27-20 at 12:43 AM.
Captain Hammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 08:59 AM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Ya gotta be faster than JimBuna, and he is really ~fast~... faster than Sailor Steve even!...

What you missed was a person that just joined SubSim apparently so that they could post weird off-site links... Then there was another in a different thread, and JimBuna used the Bofors and took 'em both out within seconds. Sharp-eyed shooter.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote