SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-10, 01:13 PM   #10
comet61
Sparky

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 0
Default Magui

Sorry...no other mods were loaded after Magui. I learned the lesson of loading anything after the initial load. I always roll back prior to new mods.

So I opened up the Camera.dat in the *.rar file. Guess what? Only 2 entries in the periscope Optics section: 1.5x and 6x...no 15x. I edited the lines and added the 15x. I went and checked the Obs scope optical parameters...it was OK. Why is this? I have no idea. There was no "cross-filing" that I am aware of. I keep all older versions in their separate folders to minimize confusion. Once de-activated via JGSME (Magui 3.1) I deleted all Magui files (older ones). SH Commander always rolls back after I am done in the sim. Then I load files usually 1 at a time. I have created a mission with nothing but the uboat and utilize the blank campaign mod to check all new mods. Magui 3.2.1 does work flawlessly, so no problem there. But on initial checking in the blank mission to make sure that Magui and it's add-ons were working I fiddled with the Attack scope and all I got was 1.5x and 6x....no 15x. I tripled checked it, made sure I was not mistaken. Just the 2 views in the attack scope. I did in fact switch over to the Obs scope to make sure I didn't have them backwards....nope. So, I checked it out for a few minutes before I wrote the post concerning the views in the attack scope.

Not here to create a problem. The problem is solved as far as I am concerned. Perhaps I got a "rogue" file, I don't know. Not sure what happened. On another note: I do in fact edit other files to suit my needs, but they are very minor.