SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #241
Anvar1061
The Old Man
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 1,346
Downloads: 626
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
^ Already tried and it is a blast!

The original type VII looks, the simple smooth tower and the exterior aft torpedo tube with animated door.
Cherry on top of the cake! :sal ute:
and so on!
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #242
Submerged Viking
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 16
Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default

The hull of my type 7 is black…
__________________
Submerged Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #243
Anvar1061
The Old Man
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 1,346
Downloads: 626
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submerged Viking View Post
The hull of my type 7 is black…
Provide a list of installed mods. What type of VII do you have a specific problem with? I heard about a similar situation. Last time Fix all Ai u-boats was not installed.
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:35 AM   #244
Sledgehammer427
Ocean Warrior
 
Sledgehammer427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Posts: 2,883
Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Default

So I love the visual changes to the U-boats this mod provides. I simply cannot go back to stock, but I have a few issues with crashes on game loading.

They all seem to be SH3 Commander related, as 90% of the time, I can start a campaign from the main menu and it will be fine. Sometimes, it seems to just crash for no reason. I feel like I'm balancing a battleship on a pinhead, sometimes a fresh campaign works with SH3C and sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes a fresh campaign works without SH3C and then suddenly it does.

I'm trying to figure out if Commander changes certain files in the Compilation that causes a mismatch and crash
__________________
Cold Waters Voice Crew - Fire Control Officer
You can find me complaining about my team on World of Warships
Download SH427's SH4 mods here
Download SH427's SH3 skins here
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #245
Anvar1061
The Old Man
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 1,346
Downloads: 626
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
So I love the visual changes to the U-boats this mod provides. I simply cannot go back to stock, but I have a few issues with crashes on game loading.

They all seem to be SH3 Commander related, as 90% of the time, I can start a campaign from the main menu and it will be fine. Sometimes, it seems to just crash for no reason. I feel like I'm balancing a battleship on a pinhead, sometimes a fresh campaign works with SH3C and sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes a fresh campaign works without SH3C and then suddenly it does.

I'm trying to figure out if Commander changes certain files in the Compilation that causes a mismatch and crash
If you installed the SH3Cmdr U-boat Skin Pack, then yes. But this should not cause CTD.
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:35 PM   #246
Submerged Viking
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 16
Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Provide a list of installed mods. What type of VII do you have a specific problem with? I heard about a similar situation. Last time Fix all Ai u-boats was not installed.
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 v0.3
TKS18 German U-boat Compilation
New U-boat guns fixed Reworked (for German U-boat compilation)
German U-boat Compilation 2 (only VIIB and VIIC)
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
FixAllSubsGWX

The original VIIC with stock conning tower is perfect looking, but after the first tower upgrade and onwards the hull becomes black. Thank you for your help. This forum is so awesome.
__________________
Submerged Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:55 AM   #247
Anvar1061
The Old Man
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 1,346
Downloads: 626
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submerged Viking View Post
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 v0.3
TKS18 German U-boat Compilation
New U-boat guns fixed Reworked (for German U-boat compilation)
German U-boat Compilation 2 (only VIIB and VIIC)
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
FixAllSubsGWX

The original VIIC with stock conning tower is perfect looking, but after the first tower upgrade and onwards the hull becomes black. Thank you for your help. This forum is so awesome.
Your problem is in the Compilation N2. The fact is that besides Turm 1 u-boat VIIC does not have Turm3 and 4. Remove this mod and wait for Wise & Sphere to finish it.
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:03 PM   #248
Submerged Viking
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 16
Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default

Thanks. I feel stupid now.

And another thing not game related, do you know how much time the German u-boat crews had on land in between the patrols? Just curious.
__________________
Submerged Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:51 AM   #249
Anvar1061
The Old Man
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 1,346
Downloads: 626
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submerged Viking View Post
Thanks. I feel stupid now.

And another thing not game related, do you know how much time the German u-boat crews had on land in between the patrols? Just curious.
28 days
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:02 PM   #250
Sledgehammer427
Ocean Warrior
 
Sledgehammer427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Posts: 2,883
Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
If you installed the SH3Cmdr U-boat Skin Pack, then yes. But this should not cause CTD.
I changed up the way the mods were installed and removed the guns compulation, and it all seems to work now!
__________________
Cold Waters Voice Crew - Fire Control Officer
You can find me complaining about my team on World of Warships
Download SH427's SH4 mods here
Download SH427's SH3 skins here
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:38 PM   #251
Anvar1061
The Old Man
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: on land,on air and on sea
Posts: 1,346
Downloads: 626
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
I changed up the way the mods were installed and removed the guns compulation, and it all seems to work now!:
I know that a lot of guns "weigh" Mb. But they look much better. You have to sacrifice something.
Anvar1061 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #252
turbo_fsx
Nub
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default Help please

Hello folks, new to Subsim. Appreciate I may be a little late to the game but hopefully this forum is still active!

Currently running vanilla steam SH3 with mods installed as follows:

Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final
TKSS18 German U-boats compilation
TKSS18 German U-boats compilation 2
FixAllSubGWX
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) (4gb patch enabled)

I cannot for the life of me get the sub mods to show up at all, launch career go to a base where type VIIBs are and nothing but the stock subs appear?

Any suggestions? I Unzipped the U-boat compilations as separate files and installed separately using JSGME
turbo_fsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #253
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 15,113
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default welcome aboard!

turbo_fsx!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe..." Philip K. Dick
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:44 AM   #254
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully
 
THEBERBSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dibden Purlieu - Southampton
Posts: 8,820
Downloads: 1002
Uploads: 0


Default

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > turbo_fsx
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:47 AM   #255
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job
 
propbeanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The Crossroads of Mid-America
Posts: 5,010
Downloads: 274
Uploads: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_fsx View Post
Hello folks, new to Subsim. Appreciate I may be a little late to the game but hopefully this forum is still active!

Currently running vanilla steam SH3 with mods installed as follows:

Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final
TKSS18 German U-boats compilation
TKSS18 German U-boats compilation 2
FixAllSubGWX
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) (4gb patch enabled)

I cannot for the life of me get the sub mods to show up at all, launch career go to a base where type VIIBs are and nothing but the stock subs appear?

Any suggestions? I Unzipped the U-boat compilations as separate files and installed separately using JSGME
Where do you have SH3 installed?
__________________

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim