SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-20, 01:19 AM   #13216
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777 View Post
Hi captains,

a question regarding TWOS. In Mediterranean, there's a mark of 10th Flotilla near Malta. What is it? Point of resupply, or something else?

]
Not a resupply point of course...It's a map reference for British 10th submarine flotilla which was based on Malta.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 01:31 AM   #13217
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Not a resupply point of course...It's a map reference for British 10th submarine flotilla which was based on Malta.
Nice, always fun to go hunting for British subs.
Old 06-11-20, 10:09 AM   #13218
O.Kusch
Sailor man

Downloads: 159
Uploads: 0
Default Curiosity

Hello and good afternoon,

I have a similar question like Demon777 with a position on the Map.
It is in the Western Approaches part.
What is the signification of the red symbol/number?

Thank's and good hunting!

Greeting's from Uli

O.Kusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 12:57 PM   #13219
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Kusch View Post
Hello and good afternoon,

I have a similar question like Demon777 with a position on the Map.
It is in the Western Approaches part.
What is the signification of the red symbol/number?

Thank's and good hunting!

Greeting's from Uli

Could be max range of that particular airbase but I never tested is it reliable. Maybe it's just a leftover from the stock game. Without real nav addon you'll see circle around airbase as well...
Old 06-11-20, 03:41 PM   #13220
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

It is the range of the planes on that airbase in nautical miles. If you draw a circle with the radius from the base to the little plane symbol, you will have a visual representation of the range. I also do not know if this information is reliable. Wouldn´t count on it though
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 05:35 AM   #13221
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
No he is not, but you Sokolov are really starting to sound like one. Please stop spamming this and other threads.
Ok, Vecko, may be i look like a troll, but you, in so many updates, just have same liner in 3 harbours (one undefended) and 3 Cimmaron tankers, one in sea. I undestand you first made assembly (sry for my English, if something), and then start to get it better< but... It's all who might sh5 modders? No ships, no different ways on campaign, though DarkWraith said that the Sh5 full of possibilities. I think you just degrate, people, who still play, for example, with Dyn. Environment on this TWoS. No offence, just what i think.
Old 06-14-20, 05:41 AM   #13222
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Even Vecko starting to change Dyn. Env/ though he is carefull guy, remember like in film^ what's time no one need carefull guy, need a heroes. In all, i say, TWoS have no CTD, so many mods and no CTD. IT's unbeliveble! But third time sunk same Cimarron tanker is not good.
Old 06-14-20, 01:17 PM   #13223
DackSter94
Swabbie

Downloads: 40

Does anyone else have a bug, when you load the game your sub/crew take damage? Any way to fix?
DackSter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 02:58 PM   #13224
Tonci87
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolov View Post
Yes, don't play
Reported!

This is no way to respond if someone is genuinely asking for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DackSter94 View Post
Does anyone else have a bug, when you load the game your sub/crew take damage? Any way to fix?
I think we might need more information to figure out what is happening to your sub. Since when does this occur? Where is your sub? Was your sub damaged during the patrol?
Old 06-14-20, 04:48 PM   #13225
DackSter94
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolov View Post
Yes, don't play
No.
Old 06-14-20, 05:01 PM   #13226
DackSter94
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
I think we might need more information to figure out what is happening to your sub. Since when does this occur? Where is your sub? Was your sub damaged during the patrol?
It happened twice already on 2nd, and 3rd patrol.

I don't remember the details on 2nd patrol. But on my current (3rd) patrol, I was about 70km from British east coast near the channel when I loaded the save. Before that, I got depth charged by like 4 destroyers near the channel entry lol. Took no visible damage, which kinda surprised me. Maybe it applied damage I was supposed to receive when I loaded the game? The save was made already after escape, clear of any shipping around. Damage to some modules and hull is quite light, only 1%. However 3 crew members are red, and not healing(i don't have medic skill installed on my sonarman yet.
Old 06-14-20, 05:27 PM   #13227
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

I don't remember the details on 2nd patrol. But on my current (3rd) patrol, I was about 70km from British east coast near the channel when I loaded the save. Before that, I got depth charged by like 4 destroyers near the channel entry lol. Took no visible damage, which kinda surprised me. Maybe it applied damage I was supposed to receive when I loaded the game? The save was made already after escape, clear of any shipping around. Damage to some modules and hull is quite light, only 1%. However 3 crew members are red, and not healing(i don't have medic skill installed on my sonarman yet.
Modlist?
Old 06-14-20, 05:28 PM   #13228
Tonci87
Captain

Quote:

Yeah, I suspect you took damage from that DC attack, but for some reason it was only applied after loading the save. I do not have a solution for that. Maybe someone else can help, otherwise I´d recommend a full reinstall (Keep your saves).
Old 06-14-20, 06:13 PM   #13229
DackSter94
Swabbie

Quote:
Modlist?
TWoS mod
TWoS Remove plastic map cover
TWoS Map Contact Colors
TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
EQuatool 01.01 by AvM - Large style
Old 06-15-20, 01:15 AM   #13230
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
TWoS mod
TWoS Remove plastic map cover
TWoS Map Contact Colors
TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
EQuatool 01.01 by AvM - Large style
Ok, no problems there although I'm not sure that equatool is 100% compatible with TWoS, but its probably unrelated.

Did you check official install instructions? Anything out of order during the game/mod installation?