SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-11, 11:27 AM   #241
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
i had the sames problems but i chosed the most simplest solution - i play the game using my headphonephone
Lol ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTon View Post
Oh thanks for the correction! Was lazy used copy and paste.

Perhaps you should set your confidence level to 1.00, 10 may create a "buffer overflow" setting your confidence level to 0.10 or 0.00!

I had the same issues with the speech recognition for SH4 a view times.
Think it was a problem with the soundcard drivers!
I would check that if you're having the problems with the headset too!
If they don't handle the channels properly...

A workaround for this might be, changing the orders to phrases that are more unique and don't mess with the readback of your crew.
Like "both engines stop" when your crews readback is "All stop"!

I'll keep an ear on it!
Shhhh! Say that it was a typo problem, not that you were lazy.

I gave .1 a try to no avail.

As for soundcard drivers, I've had different ones, and recently changed my board, which uses different drivers, so that "might" not be an issue in this case. I say "might", because even with different drivers, you never know.

Your workaround is a good idea, and I'm really glad that you reminded me about it, because if I can't resolve the problem directly, going in this way is a good alternative. I think I'll start with "Both engines stop" or perhaps a shorter "Engines stop", then do many of the other commands.

In fact, I actually already implemented a bit of it since originally encountering this problem. For example, for "surface the boat", I removed that voice command and all other references to it, leaving only "take her up". Since that time, I haven't had a rogue surface order except for "Blow ballast!" which is maddening (I'm going to pull that out too).

I have to figure out what's causing time compression to go to maximum, because that's a problem too.

I went in to the game after reading your suggestion, and watched the responses. "All stop" is one of those commands that is repeated back exactly, whereas speeds are not. So, "ahead slow" comes back as "minimum speed" or something like that, hence, not causing a loop. I think this is what tipped me off originally, but frustration probably made me give up early on an overhaul at that time.

Hopefully skwasjer may have some insight into the original problem one day.

Cheers!
Old 02-18-11, 08:47 PM   #242
MiTon
Sparky

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 2

I have another suggestion for you 7Infanterie19.

Your micorphone gainlevel could also cause the problem! Or at least make it worse.
Try turning it down to a value so that only your voice is noticed.
But this depends on the kind of mic you're using. Could work great with a Headset mic.

greets
MiTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 09:46 AM   #243
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

I can't really help with this, unfortunately you just have a sound loop because your mic picks up the feedback from the game. Indeed I would try lowering your mic sensitivity (in Windows!) and/or place the microphone closer to you, or like you have done, remove some commands. Or you could add the officer name/title before the command(s).

Last edited by skwasjer; 02-19-11 at 11:07 AM.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 09:50 AM   #244
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
I can't really help with this, unfortunately you just have a sound loop because your mic picks up the feedback from the game. Indeed I would try lowering your mic sensitivity and/or place the microphone closer to you, or like you have done, remove some commands. Or you could add the officer name/title before the command(s).
awsome mode you made skwasjer - i can not play the game without

you will add more commands in the future? - for example teleporting commands related to the tdw uis?
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 11:09 AM   #245
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

I can't promise anything. For the past 6 months I have been tied up with RL too much and have not looked at the game/mod. There are some cool improvements made in that time, and KarlKoch did German version but it's not in a releasable state atm (because of me/some remaining bugs)...
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 01:33 PM   #246
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I have another suggestion for you 7Infanterie19.

Your micorphone gainlevel could also cause the problem! Or at least make it worse. Try turning it down to a value so that only your voice is noticed.
But this depends on the kind of mic you're using. Could work great with a Headset mic.

greets
Danke Miton! I turned down my mic volume and will see how it goes. I've adjusted most of the culprit commands and am able, for the most part, to play with a higher volume now. There are still a couple of erroneous occurances, one of which is the pause setting, which I still have to tweak, because after issuing the "ahead standard" command and getting the confirmation from the AI, it puts it into pause mode. I moved confidence back up to .50 as well. I figure that all should be better soon.

I'd like to use the headset, but it prevents me from monitoring what's going on in the house (I won't get into that story ).

Speakers only, combined with the mic from my Logitech webcam also give me complete freedom to drink coffee and smoke my pipe or cigars without having to introduce more erroneous commands that come from scraping against the headphones mic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer View Post
I can't really help with this, unfortunately you just have a sound loop because your mic picks up the feedback from the game. Indeed I would try lowering your mic sensitivity (in Windows!) and/or place the microphone closer to you, or like you have done, remove some commands. Or you could add the officer name/title before the command(s).
How are you skwasjer? I hope things are rocking with your band!

It is sound looping that is the problem. I just find it curious as to what happened in the SH5 updates that changed that. Strange, eh? We'll probably never know, but at least the workarounds that we're doing will help. And it's good to know that it isn't just me having those problems, which stopped me from troubleshooting my system up and down, and left and right.

Have a good one!

Edit: skwasjer .. just checked out your link for your video. Even though I don't understand the words, I like it! Good stuff, man! I'm going to have a listen to the other vids later too. So, which one is you?
Old 02-28-11, 11:25 AM   #247
MiTon
Sparky

Default German version of Speech Recognition / deutsche Version der Sprachsteuerung

Hi!

last days I was working on a german translation for the Speech Recognition. It's currently in a beta state, and should only sugar the waiting time, till the advanced Version from skwasjer and KarlKoch is released, so don't expect to much!
Feedback is welcome!

die letzten Tage habe ich an einer deutschen Version für Speech Recognition gearbeitet. Diese ist im Moment noch im Betastatus und soll auch nur die Wartezeit bis zum Erscheinen von skwasjer und KarlKochs Advanced Version versüßen.
Feedback ist wilkommen!

Download:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3057

Feedback Thread (translation related issues)
Feedback Thread (für die deutsche Version)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...52#post1608752

MiTon

Last edited by MiTon; 02-28-11 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-02-11, 11:35 AM   #248
kalijav
Seaman

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Hi!

last days I was working on a german translation for the Speech Recognition. It's currently in a beta state, and should only sugar the waiting time, till the advanced Version from skwasjer and KarlKoch is released, so don't expect to much!
Feedback is welcome!

die letzten Tage habe ich an einer deutschen Version für Speech Recognition gearbeitet. Diese ist im Moment noch im Betastatus und soll auch nur die Wartezeit bis zum Erscheinen von skwasjer und KarlKochs Advanced Version versüßen.
Feedback ist wilkommen!

Download:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3057

Feedback Thread (translation related issues)
Feedback Thread (für die deutsche Version)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...52#post1608752

MiTon
Is coding experience needed to translate, or is there like a list of word to change ?
kalijav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 02:08 PM   #249
MiTon
Sparky

Hi kalijav,

for translation you got to modify three files:
1. in data\Scripts\Menu\Speech Recognition.py change
Code:
speech = SHSpeechEngine("en-US")
to the value of your desired language pack (there has to be one for Microsoft Speech Recognition)
If you want to use commands that are not covered by Documentation\Game_Commands.txt, you got to alter the way commands are executed in this Python file
(this is the case for some of the commands containing the port or starbord)
If you don't use the already included ones, this is where a little coding is required.

data\Sound\Speech\SHSpeech_Grammar.xml
contains the Grammar for the commands you can give. You got to translate the "items".
Code:
<!-- Speed -->
            <item>
                    <item>
                        <item repeat="0-1">all</item>
                    </item>
                 <one-of>
                    <item>back</item>
                    <item>ahead</item>
                </one-of>
                <one-of>
                    <item>slow</item>
                    <item>1/3</item>
                    <item>2/3</item>
                    <item>standard</item>
                    <item>full</item>
                    <item>flank</item>
                    <item>emergency</item>
                </one-of>
            </item>
This defines possible commands like:
ahead 1/3
back emergency

in data\Sound\Speech\SHSpeech_Commands.xml

these frases are used to link the to the commands:

Code:
<order>
            <phrase>ahead 2/3</phrase>
            <phrase>ahead standard</phrase>
            <phrase>all ahead standard</phrase>
            <commandText>Ahead_standard</commandText>
 </order>
<phrase></phrase> can contain the frases you have defined in SHSpeech_Grammar.xml
<commandText></commandText> contains the command from Game_Commands.txt you want to execute or a new command, which you
have to define in Speech Recognition.py

Maybe you should have a look at these posts 91 an on in this thread!

It worked for german but I can't give you a guarantee that it'll work for you.
Start with just one command and test it with the included SpeechEngineTest.exe. If it's recognized then you can try it in SH5.
You should also activet the Script Manager see:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162702

With activated Script Manager you can deactivate and activate your translation with JSGME during play to test your commands. When you alter and save Speech Recognition.py in the Script Manager (just add an empty line and apply changes) the altered files are loaded!

Greets

MiTon
Old 03-02-11, 02:18 PM   #250
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hi kalijav,

for translation you got to modify three files:
1. in data\Scripts\Menu\Speech Recognition.py change
Code:
speech = SHSpeechEngine("en-US")
to the value of your desired language pack (there has to be one for Microsoft Speech Recognition)
If you want to use commands that are not covered by Documentation\Game_Commands.txt, you got to alter the way commands are executed in this Python file
(this is the case for some of the commands containing the port or starbord)
If you don't use the already included ones, this is where a little coding is required.

data\Sound\Speech\SHSpeech_Grammar.xml
contains the Grammar for the commands you can give. You got to translate the "items".
Code:
<!-- Speed -->
            <item>
                    <item>
                        <item repeat="0-1">all</item>
                    </item>
                 <one-of>
                    <item>back</item>
                    <item>ahead</item>
                </one-of>
                <one-of>
                    <item>slow</item>
                    <item>1/3</item>
                    <item>2/3</item>
                    <item>standard</item>
                    <item>full</item>
                    <item>flank</item>
                    <item>emergency</item>
                </one-of>
            </item>
This defines possible commands like:
ahead 1/3
back emergency

in data\Sound\Speech\SHSpeech_Commands.xml

these frases are used to link the to the commands:

Code:
<order>
            <phrase>ahead 2/3</phrase>
            <phrase>ahead standard</phrase>
            <phrase>all ahead standard</phrase>
            <commandText>Ahead_standard</commandText>
 </order>
<phrase></phrase> can contain the frases you have defined in SHSpeech_Grammar.xml
<commandText></commandText> contains the command from Game_Commands.txt you want to execute or a new command, which you
have to define in Speech Recognition.py

Maybe you should have a look at these posts 91 an on in this thread!

It worked for german but I can't give you a guarantee that it'll work for you.
Start with just one command and test it with the included SpeechEngineTest.exe. If it's recognized then you can try it in SH5.
You should also activet the Script Manager see:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162702

With activated Script Manager you can deactivate and activate your translation with JSGME during play to test your commands. When you alter and save Speech Recognition.py in the Script Manager (just add an empty line and apply changes) the altered files are loaded!

Greets

MiTon
very interesting - so in this way i can change in romanian for example if i want... i will give a try and come back with more quest - thanks for your post

cheers
Old 03-02-11, 03:47 PM   #251
MiTon
Sparky

you're welcome!

Maybe you wan't to edit SHSpeech.xlst too.
This is the stylesheet for opening your SHSpeech_Command.xml via browser as reference card.

I'm just working on a version with an altered Speech Recognition.py to execute commands form TDW's NewUI, like Teleporting.
This file you don't have to translated, so when it's done, you can use these commands in your language easily. No need for coding!! (not for you )
Just create a new command in SHSpeech_Grammar.xml and SHSpeech_Command.xml, add the corresponging command like:
<commandText>Teleport_To_UZO</commandText>

Old 03-02-11, 06:51 PM   #252
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
you're welcome!

Maybe you wan't to edit SHSpeech.xlst too.
This is the stylesheet for opening your SHSpeech_Command.xml via browser as reference card.

I'm just working on a version with an altered Speech Recognition.py to execute commands form TDW's NewUI, like Teleporting.
This file you don't have to translated, so when it's done, you can use these commands in your language easily. No need for coding!! (not for you )
Just create a new command in SHSpeech_Grammar.xml and SHSpeech_Command.xml, add the corresponging command like:
<commandText>Teleport_To_UZO</commandText>

nice... you just get an stress on you now - i will start to work on this... and i will PM you for more inf if i will have dificultyies... danke
Old 03-03-11, 03:15 AM   #253
kalijav
Seaman

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

thank you for the information !
kalijav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 02:02 PM   #254
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
very interesting - so in this way i can change in romanian for example if i want... i will give a try and come back with more quest - thanks for your post

cheers
I am afraid that you can only translate to languages which are supported by Microsofts Voice Recognition Engine. Check microsoft for further information on which languages are supported.

However, it could work if you try to use some kind of phonetic spelling and experiment with the confidence level.
Old 03-03-11, 02:06 PM   #255
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
I am afraid that you can only translate to languages which are supported by Microsofts Voice Recognition Engine. Check microsoft for further information on which languages are supported.

However, it could work if you try to use some kind of phonetic spelling and experiment with the confidence level.
are you refering at Language pack? - this is related to microsoft voice recognition engine?