SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-13, 03:03 PM   #1126
Brycey634
Watch

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 0
uhm?

I have a problem when i have FXU (.22) and NewUIs (7.4.2) i get this image and any attempt to load a game or start a new one causes CTD
if i have only FXU or only NewUIs it works fine..
Brycey634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 03:11 PM   #1127
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brycey634 View Post
I have a problem when i have FXU (.22) and NewUIs (7.4.2) i get this image and any attempt to load a game or start a new one causes CTD
if i have only FXU or only NewUIs it works fine..
I am not sure.. try to redownload.. the both mods.. do not change nothing.. on any file... just install and see if is working.. and.. your OS is in English? I noticed this problem many times on the past.. was from a corrupted download or when a OS was in other lang than English.. I am not sure 100%.. but try that!
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 04:16 PM   #1128
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

disable all your mods and read the common errors in my signature link.

I bet you have gamedir\mods\modname\filename\data.

Should be
gamedir\mods\modname\data.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 08:39 PM   #1129
Brycey634
Watch

Thanks everyone! reinstalled Ui and it all works now!

Last edited by Brycey634; 11-04-13 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-04-13, 07:59 AM   #1130
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Gap, it's really hard to check all the ships .zon files manually...Do you have some change log or something which will tell us where "object linked to" function is used?
If not, maybe we could split the job in half, what do you say?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 09:35 AM   #1131
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Gap, it's really hard to check all the ships .zon files manually...Do you have some change log or something which will tell us where "object linked to" function is used?
If not, maybe we could split the job in half, what do you say?
Hi Vecko,

I have not taken note of the units on which I have used the "object linked to" property, but tracking them down is quite easy, as this setting was only applied to masts and turrets with a zone controller applied to them and with adjacent cables. What takes much longer is moving and/or resizing compartment boxes overlapping RadioRoom boxes, and adding the missing spheres and boxes for radio antennas.

Later today I will release a stripped-down version of the pacth which will fix at least the most critical issues
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 04:27 PM   #1132
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Found something that might be related to the possible FXU 2.2 crashes... I haven't been using it for a while and everything has been very stable when testing the megamod (I use previous v2.1).

Today I had a crash when deck gunning an imported OHII ship "Taihosan" aka SV Small Moden Composite Merchant Ship. I loaded the game, met the ship again, deck gunned it and another CTD. I did a Historic Mission with the same ship and again CTD when deck gunning it (well it took two times to crash). This ship is straight from OHII and it's files have been the same over two years now.

That ship has also the "Object linked to" feature in it's funnel: it's linked to a wire. So does this cause crashes, do any stock ships have this feature? Or is it just made in some wrong way? I'll do a test later with the link turned off and see if there is any difference!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 06:02 PM   #1133
gap
Navy Seal

Thank you Rongel, this is another confirmation of what was found by Vecko a few weeks ago. As far as I know stock ships didn't have that feature, but it was introduced by me for FXU 0.0.22 (my bad, sorry guys ).
Unfortunately today I had no time to work on the fix, but I will as soon as I finish my survey barrage balloons for OH
Old 11-04-13, 09:54 PM   #1134
Brycey634
Watch

A question or 2?

Hi everyone, loving the mod so far , but i haven't seen any ships fire a flare or use sirens/announcements.. i activated the sirens and announcements (scm_6_gun) but i haven't seen any ship use them or fire a flare.. could the ships i'm attacking not have the sounds enabled? (although this wouldn't explain the flares or on ships that are supposed to have them..)
Thank you!
Old 11-05-13, 04:04 AM   #1135
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Hi everyone, loving the mod so far , but i haven't seen any ships fire a flare or use sirens/announcements.. i activated the sirens and announcements (scm_6_gun)
scm_6_gun? What's that?

Sirenes and flares are a standard FX Update feature. In order to get them you only need to enable the mod with JSGME; no other "activation" is required
Old 11-05-13, 04:46 AM   #1136
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Thank you Rongel, this is another confirmation of what was found by Vecko a few weeks ago. As far as I know stock ships didn't have that feature, but it was introduced by me for FXU 0.0.22 (my bad, sorry guys ).
Unfortunately today I had no time to work on the fix, but I will as soon as I finish my survey barrage balloons for OH
It seems things are not so simple after all, it seems that in this case the "link object to" wasn't causing the crashes! It was the destroyable command deck, a node called "NKSCS_Taihosan_cabina". Soon as it was destroyed, i was looking at my desktop (the good thing about crashes in SH 5 is that they are really fast, like quick exits, no jamming the computer!).

It had three child cfg-nodes, radar, radio and sensor1. I guess they were destroyed at the same time with the deck, and the game didn't like that. When I changed their location and parented them to the main node, no crashes at all, even with the "link object to" feature in three different places (two masts, and a funnel). Maybe it works with the .dat ships, but not with GR2-ships???

Quote:
Hi everyone, loving the mod so far , but i haven't seen any ships fire a flare or use sirens/announcements.. i activated the sirens and announcements (scm_6_gun)
If you are using IRAI v.39, it disables the starshells, they are active in v.37. And also only some of the merchants shoot starshells/use sirens.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-13, 07:22 AM   #1137
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
It seems things are not so simple after all, it seems that in this case the "link object to" wasn't causing the crashes! It was the destroyable command deck, a node called "NKSCS_Taihosan_cabina". Soon as it was destroyed, i was looking at my desktop (the good thing about crashes in SH 5 is that they are really fast, like quick exits, no jamming the computer!).

It had three child cfg-nodes, radar, radio and sensor1. I guess they were destroyed at the same time with the deck, and the game didn't like that. When I changed their location and parented them to the main node, no crashes at all, even with the "link object to" feature in three different places (two masts, and a funnel). Maybe it works with the .dat ships, but not with GR2-ships???
Vdr1981 carried out several tests, and he made it clear beyond any possible doubt that many of the FXU 0.0.22 crashes are caused by the "link object to" setting. Today I will look into the Taihosan, and check if by any chance I used the setting wrongly. If no errors are found, we should conclude that the feature is only compatible with dat units
Old 11-05-13, 08:31 AM   #1138
Brycey634
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
scm_6_gun? What's that?

Sirenes and flares are a standard FX Update feature. In order to get them you only need to enable the mod with JSGME; no other "activation" is required
Then why do i have a .txt file called I want sounds on my ships!, with instructions on how to use them..?
Old 11-05-13, 08:32 AM   #1139
Brycey634
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post

If you are using IRAI v.39, it disables the starshells, they are active in v.37. And also only some of the merchants shoot starshells/use sirens.
Is there anyway to enable them? (without downgrading my IRAI?) (I'm assusimng this starshell is the flares )
Old 11-05-13, 08:47 AM   #1140
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Then why do i have a .txt file called I want sounds on my ships!, with instructions on how to use them..?
You should be more specific. What txt file are you talking about?

Quote:
Is there anyway to enable them? (without downgrading my IRAI?) (I'm assusimng this starshell is the flares )
You can use IRAI v.39 if you want. The mod disabling strashells/flares is a separate patch which has been introduced with the latest IRAI version, but you are not forced to enable it together with the main mod.