SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-13, 05:07 AM   #9871
Cthulhus
Planesman

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

I still can't use independent engines controls... I'm sure something is missing but I don't know what.

For me, right now the game is patched to 1.2
Patched with the Generic Patcher as well with two files modified.
And settings set on the Options File Editor Viewer (the patched tab)

Maybe I don't know how to use it ?

Can some one explain to me what I miss here ?

Thanks
Old 04-23-13, 06:00 AM   #9872
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobiMian View Post
One thing I think would be really cool (but I'm not a modder, so I have no idea how complex it would be to implement this) would be if you could activate some automations by talking to your watch officer, XO, navigator or whomever and selecting an order to give through the conversation menu (perhaps something like "XO, take the boat out to sea" if you wanted to activate the harbor outbound script, for example). I noticed that there were already some options like this such as asking the watch officer to give a few orders to the navigator/chief/etc., such as getting a weather report or giving the depth under keel, for instance. I do not know if those were added in this mod or a different one, though. But these are just some ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Nice idea
New and extended version of More Crew Commands by Dialog
Cool thought

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 06:06 AM   #9873
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhus View Post
I still can't use independent engines controls... I'm sure something is missing but I don't know what.
Can some one explain to me what I miss here ?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=9855

Sorry, I don't know how to explain it more clearly.. English is not my native language..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 04-23-13, 08:49 AM   #9874
Cthulhus
Planesman

Downloads: 136

Yes, that what I did, but that don't work...
Old 04-23-13, 09:12 AM   #9875
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

btw, just remembered: the depth gauges still missing... until I downloaded and activated the Updated_Depth_Scales_by_gap, which now displays perfectly nice depth gauges.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 11:22 AM   #9876
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
btw, just remembered: the depth gauges still missing... until I downloaded and activated the Updated_Depth_Scales_by_gap, which now displays perfectly nice depth gauges.
My help needed

Strange. I download the updated depth scales when first available. Data was similar or same to version of 7.2 updated depth scales compared to new version at 7.3 of Multiple UIs. TDW stated advanced depth scales ....... (included in v7.3.0) at post #1 so I was thinking I had a corrupt download. time to install v7.2 updated depth scales to solve my problem later.

Update:
Mod install order
NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_jimimadrids_map_tools

Possible problem: NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_jimimadrids_map_tools. The Hud3.dds is an older file version than the file version in NewUIs_TDC_ v 7_3. Map tools has no Page Default Hud.ini.

Updated_Depth_Scales_by_gap_for_v7_2_0
SOAN_Filter_Fix(For TDW NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0)
This mod order did not work.

This mod order worked for fixing the advanced depth gauges after I removed NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_jimimadrids_map_tools.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 04-27-13 at 10:26 AM.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 11:02 AM   #9877
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

Hi TDW, I'm working on a small mod and trying to integrate it to your NewUI. I might have to use one of your functions so how can I get your permission to use it? I tried to PM you but your box is full.

SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 12:55 PM   #9878
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBaron View Post
Hi TDW, I'm working on a small mod and trying to integrate it to your NewUI. I might have to use one of your functions so how can I get your permission to use it? I tried to PM you but your box is full.
What are you trying to do?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 02:26 PM   #9879
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi TDW

Always wanted to ask but forgot every time, now after a short break returned to the game and remembered
Is it possible to set impact detonators as default in the next version? Maybe via OptionsEditorFileViewer? Because now magnetic detonators are by default and so many torpedoes been lost by premature detonation in the rough seas..
Another question - are there any changes in the OptionsEditorFileViewer in the version 7.3.0? I have made Russian manual for this app and would like to keep it updated..

Thank you
You want the magnetic detonators switched off as default? Should be fairly easy to do if that's what you're looking for. I could make a user option for it.

No changes in OptionsEditorFileViewer so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhus View Post
Hello,

I would like to know how can I control individual engines / shafts ?

NewUIs version 7.3.0 installed and SH5.exe patched with individual engine controls (on both files).

UI changed with the new addition that controls the two shafts. (I can see the new control on the bottom left hand side).

I can chose one individual shaft (left and/or right) but on the external view, the two engines are running!

Please help me Thanks
There are only a couple of reasons why it wouldn't be working:
- you didn't enable the user options for it
- you didn't patch all the files needed for this with my Generic Patcher
- mod conflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
One more thing

I already gave you the Russian menu.txt files for version 7.2.0, probably you didn't find them now, it was more than half year ago
I just noticed in the new version (v7.3.0) is very outdated Russian menu.txt..
Here are two files (regular and for RealNav) - http://rghost.ru/45422454
These files already edited for compatibility with the wolfpack patch..
I'll add them to upcoming version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
so, one problem that popped up today, after using just the newui's .dlls (in the past they got overridden by the exe patcher .dlls): whenever I try to go to nav map - even if it is to get a missions - I get CTD.
Unable to duplicate problem. What patches do you have enabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Depth gauge numbers showed up fine using 7.2 or 7.1 versions. The numbers displays are not there at version 7.3. I can move my mouse to depth gauge and the pointer will display what depth I will be at; I can dive to the depth requested by clicking the mouse within the depth gauge display.

I just started using version 7.3 starting today but downloaded it on 04/15/2013. Using JSGME I unenabled all mods including Multiple UIs so I can migrate settings from version 7.1. Made migration changes. Reenabled mods. Saved useroptions.py. I am using the new patcher, TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_83_0, too. Enabled and seen patch changes, too.

The biggest changes are sober's modlist changes from 2 months ago to present. I was using DynEnv v2.1 not 2.9 back then, too.
Unable to duplicate problem. I press CTRL and the advanced depth scale shows up just fine. Sounds like a mod conflict somewhere.

Quote:
I should have read this page before I posted about the same problem on the main forum! I'm getting the same NavMap CTD and it always happens after this on the log: PageDefaultHud_KeyPressed: args was not handled

This started to happen after UI 7.3
I can access NavMap with no problems. Sounds like a mod conflict somewhere.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 03:36 PM   #9880
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
You want the magnetic detonators switched off as default? Should be fairly easy to do if that's what you're looking for. I could make a user option for it.
This would be a useful option
Thanks in advance

Quote:
No changes in OptionsEditorFileViewer so far.
I see.. please, let me know if the new versions will be changed..

Quote:
I'll add them to upcoming version
Thank you

Old 04-29-13, 03:57 PM   #9881
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I can access NavMap with no problems. Sounds like a mod conflict somewhere.
It's working now. I think that had to do with the render patch, after I deselected all the ones related to the map it worked fine.

Quote:
What are you trying to do?
I'm trying to make a mod to play a sound based on text from the messagebox. I was able to do it by inserting a couple of lines on Page Default Hud.py inside Game_NewLogMessage with this code:

Code:
   if entrytext.StartsWith(  Menu.GetLocalizedText( MENU_MESSAGE ) ):
            GetTDWSound().PlaySound( GetSH5InstallPath() + "\\data\\Sound\\MY_SOUND.wav", 0.8 )
This works fine but how do I make an independent .py file just for this mod? How do I tell SH5 to run the .py I made? I have some C# experience but as you can see I'm new to python scripting. The library I mentioned that I need to use is obviously TDWSound.dll, unless there's another method to do this.

Thanks for any tips!

SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 05:14 PM   #9882
totalrain
Swabbie

Downloads: 225

Quote:
It's working now. I think that had to do with the render patch, after I deselected all the ones related to the map it worked fine.
This probably should be in the patcher thread but, will reply to above quote. On my system rendering patch 12, "Disable rendering of torpedo line" causes CTD when entering the Nav Map. All other rendering patches work fine.
totalrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 06:42 PM   #9883
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

References:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=9868

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=9888

Quote:
Unable to duplicate problem. I press CTRL and the advanced depth scale shows up just fine. Sounds like a mod conflict somewhere.
I updated the gauges issue a few more pages after where you had quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post

Problem is: NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_jimimadrids_map_tools. The Hud3.dds is an older file version than the file version in NewUIs_TDC_ v 7_3. Map tools has no Page Default Hud.ini, either.

This mod order did not work.

This mod order worked for fixing the advanced depth gauges after I removed NewUIs_TDC_7_3_0_jimimadrids_map_tools.
@TDW, please check your PMs, I have seen other subsimmers stating that your PM mailbox is full again today.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 08:16 PM   #9884
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
What about the possibility of having a user option to set for having all the sub doors closed when starting the game? That way you wouldn't have to go close them everytime to cut down on the engine noise. This may have been a request long ago but can't remember if it was so thought I'd add the request.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 05:00 PM   #9885
Choum
Sparky

Downloads: 343
Uploads: 3

Hello,

I have a problem but I don' know if it's working as intented or not.

Is it possible to identify ship from the New ui SOAN instead of the vanilla one ?
Because I can send the height of the mast from the new ui SOAN, but It's useless as you need to identify the ship before in the vanilla Xo box to use stadimeters or If you identify it from the vanilla SOAN, height of the mast will be reset to the vanilla ship selected everytime.

What I Am doing wrong, I look in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions but I don't find something to do that.

Last edited by Choum; 05-03-13 at 05:34 PM.
Choum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui