SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-10, 10:02 AM   #3421
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
That was not a blanket permission to use any of the Individual bits of the UI Mod. But a permission to use the Mod in full.
It was an offer to merge My complete UI into yours as requested by others in the previous posts of that thread.

A bit of common courtesy would have gone a lot further.
simple misunderstanding then I'll use the RAOBF .dds files from the original author. Your graticule .dds file has been removed and I'll update my screenshot a couple posts above to reflect your .dds file removed
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 10:14 AM   #3422
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

You can use them. But in future a PM first would be appreciated. Its just a shock to see your work elsewhere without prior notice. As you should be aware, You have stated that you are copyrighting yours as its has happened you in the Past.

I will let this slide, as I see you could have misread that quote.
By the way all the RAOBF Files were reworked by me from the Originals. Originalls were TGA with no Alpha's, but you can use mine since you have them.

Also you may want to look at the layer order of the RAOBF. Outer dial should be on top of Inner.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 10:24 AM   #3423
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Also you may want to look at the layer order of the RAOBF. Outer dial should be on top of Inner.
In mine inner dial is on top of outer because I have some ideas to improve the RAOBF
Old 07-04-10, 10:30 AM   #3424
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
In mine inner dial is on top of outer because I have some ideas to improve the RAOBF
just it cuts off the 3 tabs that go over the inner dial for geting the readouts.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 10:32 AM   #3425
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
just it cuts off the 3 tabs that go over the inner dial for geting the readouts.
oh I see. I might have to make that a new .dds file just for those tabs then
Old 07-04-10, 10:53 AM   #3426
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Quote:
You should still be able to fire those tubes. What happens if you fire that tube? When it's reloaded does it become enabled again?
No worries, simply restarting the game has straightened it out... all switches are working again to open the doors.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 10:59 AM   #3427
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
No worries, simply restarting the game has straightened it out... all switches are working again to open the doors.
Do we know why it was disabled? Or how it happened? I haven't coded in malfunctions, breakdowns, or sabotage yet so that's not it. If it happens again please save your ship's journal and send it to me. It might tell me why what you experienced happened.
Old 07-04-10, 11:40 AM   #3428
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Do we know why it was disabled? Or how it happened?
Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, just brought up the Obs scope getting ready to attack a ship and then noticed I could no longer open the doors for those two tubes. There was an auto save just before this but not sure if that would affect anything. Let you know if it happens again.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 01:33 PM   #3429
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Since Arclight's scopes have graticules that he calibrated I used a little photoshopping to make my own graticules for the RAOBF from those graticules. This documents how to use the new tool in my UIs mod. Thanks to Reaper7 for providing the reworked RAOBF .dds files from the original author (credits to him too) And also thanks to Arclight for his scopes mod

We're at 1.5x zoom level. Note the height of the ship using the RAOBF. In this example it's ~2 so we'll call it 1.9. To calculate range move the middle ring till 1.9 on the inner part of the middle ring lines up with the bottom right hand black mark. On the outer ring find the ship's mast height. In this example it's 28.2. Read down from 28.2 and you'll have the range to the ship. In this example it's 15 or 1500m (outer middle ring is in 100's of meters).

Now to get the AOB, read the horizontal span of the ship from ONLY one of the sides of center scope! In this example it's ~2.5 on either side of center scope. Now rotate the middle ring till the range of the ship (outer middle ring) aligns with the ship's length (outer ring). In this example we rotate the middle ring till 15 on the outer part lines up with 140 on the outer ring (from the XO TDC dialog box we see the ship's length is 139.6m so we'll call it 140m). Now since we're at 1.5X zoom level we have to multiply the 2.5 value by 4. 2.5 X 4 = 10. Now on the outer part of the middle ring find 10 and read down from it onto the inner ring. That's the AOB. In this example reading down from 10 yields > 90 degrees AOB so we'll call it 90 degrees. Now the ship is stationary so that is it's AOB. If it was moving away then you would have to subtract the value found from 180 to find it's true AOB.

We're at 6x zoom level. Note the height of the ship using the RAOBF. In this example it's ~7.5. To calculate range move the middle ring till 7.5 on the inner part of the middle ring lines up with the top center black mark. On the outer ring find the ship's mast height. In this example it's 28.2. Read down from 28.2 and you'll have the range to the ship. In this example it's ~15 so we'll call it 15 or 1500m (outer middle ring is in 100's of meters).

Now to get the AOB, read the horizontal span of the ship from ONLY one of the sides of center scope! In this example it's 10 on either side of the scope. Now rotate the middle ring till the range of the ship (outer middle ring) aligns with the ship's length (outer ring). In this example we rotate the middle ring till 15 on the outer part lines up with 140 on the outer ring (from the XO TDC dialog box we see the ship's length is 139.6m so we'll call it 140m). Now on the outer part of the middle ring find 10 and read down from it onto the inner ring. That's the AOB. In this example reading down from 10 yields > 90 degrees AOB so we'll call it 90 degrees. Now the ship is stationary so that is it's AOB. If it was moving away then you would have to subtract the value found from 180 to find it's true AOB.

and that wraps up v3.3.0. I'll be packing it up and releasing it here soon

Forgot to mention that other scope mods can be used with this but you'll have to do some math. The graticules I made for the RAOBF finder work with 1.5x and 6x zoom levels. If you are using a scope mod with zoom levels different than those then you'll have to adjust values accordingly. The UIs mod does not include anyone's periscope mod, it's uses the default scopes so you'll have to adjust values accordingly for the 1x and 4x zoom levels. The RAOBF was made to be used with Arclight's periscope mod as that is what I use on my setup on my computer. Maybe someone like naights can make different graticule .dds files for all the different periscope mods and for stock values......

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-04-10 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-04-10, 02:42 PM   #3430
ologuy
Mate

Downloads: 48

RAOBF looks great, but you forgot to show how to get the speed of the target.
ologuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 02:45 PM   #3431
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ologuy View Post
RAOBF looks great, but you forgot to show how to get the speed of the target.
oops, I did. I'll have to made another tutorial for that. Thanks for pointing that out v3.3.0 uploading now....

EDIT:

I'll make a video showing how to use the new RAOBF and what it can do.
Old 07-04-10, 02:46 PM   #3432
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holin View Post
Dear TheDarkWraith today installed your mod and saw his opportunity was happy as a child. Thank you for your Herculean labors. I have observed a small nuance in the style icons SH5 Enhanced acoustics and radio operator on the panel of officers below are mixed. I hope you fix this in future versions of your wonderful mod . Sorry for my English.
can you explain this some more? How about a screenshot showing what you're referring to?
Old 07-04-10, 02:53 PM   #3433
ologuy
Mate

Downloads: 48

Waiting for 3.3.0....
ologuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 04:02 PM   #3434
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holin View Post

Swap these icons
need to see screenshot to see what you're referring to as needed swapped
Old 07-04-10, 04:03 PM   #3435
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.3.0 released. See post #1 for details. The RAOBF graticules included in the mod are calibrated for 1.5x and 6x zoom levels. There is a patch available for those using the stock zoom levels (1x and 4x). It's available at post #1 also.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui