Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-16, 10:12 AM   #16
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Not that i'm disagreeing with them but I wonder if the estimates on those charts were calculated with the same algorithms that the media used to figure the Democrats had a winning hand in the last election.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 10:12 AM   #17
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ment-president

I thought this was a good read. Of course some of you extremists will pervert it into something its not, but I understand its in your nature.
Old 11-10-16, 10:15 AM   #18
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Not that i'm disagreeing with them but I wonder if the estimates on those charts were calculated with the same algorithms that the media used to figure the Democrats had a winning hand in the last election.

These days its easy for extremists to find online polls and artcles which agree with their extremist world view.
Old 11-10-16, 10:28 AM   #19
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142

my post wasnt a focus on calling the trump voters anything at all - alot of people would have voted for him for alot of different reasons, and he threw out alot of different mesages all the way through.

You can be as unnecessarily defensive trying to put words in my moouth, but the facts stand on what now Trump and the GOP with no resistance want to do and will be doing

goodbye obamacare for those who relied on it
goodbye EPA for those who like drinkable water and breathable air
goodbye FDA for those who like food safety regulations - you know the things that enable consumer to purchase food without the anxiety of wondering whether it will contain ecoli or whether the milk they feed their family isnt tainted with heavy metals

and most sickening of all because this will affect the whole world Trump wants to make coal and oil and fossil fuels dominant again - so runaway climate catastrophe is going to come sooner then ever - so that reign of death and destruction is what we and our children will have to deal with
There is little difference between the coming Trump Reign of Terrror and what here in Australia Pauline Hanson's Extreme far right One Nation party only dreams of being able to do. USA now gets to have a Pauline Hanson One Nation Party x10000
its pretty much the end of the world, i dont really know how else to describe it - and instead of trying to stave it off.. these dog headed dullards are just choosing instead to put bricks on the accelerator and drive this burning dump truck over the cliff.. and no, we dont get to watch and laugh, we are all on it whether we want to be or not.

The voters are not to blame, the people with deplorable views would not be the majority of those voting (at least i hope)

the system has been rigged to allow a one party government answerable now to no one..
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 10:31 AM   #20
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24

Default Jesse Ventura Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
Perhaps the most surprising predictor of a Trump victory was the filmmaker and progressive gadfly Michael Moore. In the youtube video from July it is him saying, “unless we face facts, this is what’s going to happen.” Looking at it now after the election, it goes beyond “he called it.” This is crystal ball stuff, and it shows how well Moore understands the power and mindset of poor white voters. Particularly those from the rust belt in a way that many liberals doomed themselves by ignoring or underestimating.

As I've Already pointed out...twice: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2445598#post2445598

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 10:41 AM   #21
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by agathosdaimon View Post
my post wasnt a focus on calling the trump voters anything at all - alot of people would have voted for him for alot of different reasons, and he threw out alot of different mesages all the way through.

You can be as unnecessarily defensive trying to put words in my moouth, but the facts stand on what now Trump and the GOP with no resistance want to do and will be doing

goodbye obamacare for those who relied on it
goodbye EPA for those who like drinkable water and breathable air
goodbye FDA for those who like food safety regulations - you know the things that enable consumer to purchase food without the anxiety of wondering whether it will contain ecoli or whether the milk they feed their family isnt tainted with heavy metals

and most sickening of all because this will affect the whole world Trump wants to make coal and oil and fossil fuels dominant again - so runaway climate catastrophe is going to come sooner then ever - so that reign of death and destruction is what we and our children will have to deal with
There is little difference between the coming Trump Reign of Terrror and what here in Australia Pauline Hanson's Extreme far right One Nation party only dreams of being able to do. USA now gets to have a Pauline Hanson One Nation Party x10000
its pretty much the end of the world, i dont really know how else to describe it - and instead of trying to stave it off.. these dog headed dullards are just choosing instead to put bricks on the accelerator and drive this burning dump truck over the cliff.. and no, we dont get to watch and laugh, we are all on it whether we want to be or not.

The voters are not to blame, the people with deplorable views would not be the majority of those voting (at least i hope)

the system has been rigged to allow a one party government answerable now to no one..

Old 11-10-16, 10:50 AM   #22
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

you dont believe me?

its on his new webiste.
he has been saying this in his rallies, and the GOP has been say all this too -

from http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...s-who-eat-food

"Congressional Republicans have pushed for years to scale back those food safeguards, and as of yesterday, Donald Trump made clear he intends to do exactly that if elected.
In a fact sheet Thursday, the campaign highlighted a number of “specific regulations to be eliminated” under the GOP nominee’s economic plan, including what they called the “FDA Food Police.”

Of particular interest, the Trump campaign complained about FDA rules on issues such as inspections of food facilities, the temperatures at which food is stored safely, and “farm and food production hygiene.”
In other words, under a Trump administration, federal officials would oversee food safety from the perspective that, when it comes to food production, there’s too much focus right now on safety and hygiene.

The good news is, if you don’t eat food, you have nothing to worry about. Everyone else, however, should probably take note."

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/15/trum...-new-tax-plan/

I dont really know why people are not more alarmed about the one party state wants to do - actually many people are alarmed but of course any pro trump, pro republican media just ignores discussing any policy at length at all.

I hope i am wrong, i hope all the things Trump and the GOP are promising, they inexplicably decide not to do... and i hope we have a world that is not in a variety of stages of economic, social and ecological collapse
Old 11-10-16, 10:56 AM   #23
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

first of all, if you want your argument to be taken seriously, you need to present objective sources. Rachel Meadows and SALON and very pro-Clinton/anti-Trump.

It is way too early to know what President Trump's administration will do.

As I recall, Reagan's election in 1980 was also the beginning of the apocalypse...

p.s. - President Trump, I have to admit I like the sound of that...
Old 11-10-16, 11:03 AM   #24
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
you dont believe me?
I believe you believe that.

Anyway, you wont have anything to worry about it. Because Obama is going to obolish constitution and become dictator for life the day before Trumps inauguration.
Old 11-10-16, 11:10 AM   #25
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I'm sorry, but it's hard to take that article seriously when the author is either lying or doesn't understand what he's saying.

Quote:
Everyone knew what the dog whistle meant, of course. The FN’s rhetoric functioned almost exactly like Trump’s claims that Mexicans are "rapists" who are "bringing crime" to the US — that is, to signal to xenophobes that it stood with them without overtly espousing white supremacy.
At least he did put in a link to the actual speech, in which Trump did not liken all Mexicans to "rapists" who are "bringing crime"... He said that US is becoming a "dumping ground for everybody else's problems". He says that "They're sending people with lots of problems", and then he lists those problems. He also finishes with "And some, I assume, are good people."

"It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably -- probably -- from the Middle East. But we don't know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what's happening. And it's got to stop and it's got to stop fast."

I don't like Trump, and I didn't vote for him, but I honestly don't see how those comments are racist. This sounds more and more to me like angry ranting from people who didn't get their own way.
Old 11-10-16, 11:25 AM   #26
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
These days its easy for extremists to find online polls and artcles which agree with their extremist world view.
Yup.

Here's the guys that did the polls so judge for yourself whatever you want to think about them:

http://www.edisonresearch.com/makes-...ll-legitimate/
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 11:31 AM   #27
agathosdaimon
Planesman

my focus here is on what teh GOP want to do and will now get to do, - and i know maddow and msnbc have their biases, but they were quoting what Trump is wanting to do regarding food safety regulation.

but hey, i hope i am wrong, i really do. I hope people can still form class actions against corporations even though the GOP wants to end this from being possible.
I hope the freedom of the press will remain - it has been abolished in Russia and can just as easily now happen in the USA and Trump has expressed his desire to go after journalists already.

The whole - you article is biased thing, matters if it is just opinion yes, i agree, but when citing what the people in question are saying themselves, it is those we are to judge. We also can see now what is on the new Trump website some also of what they all want to do.
Remember Trump is the guy who tried to sue The Onion.
Old 11-10-16, 11:39 AM   #28
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
my focus here is on what teh GOP want to do and will now get to do,
The key is how much the GOP and Trump will see eye to eye. There is certainly a blank card here for the GOP to do whatever it wants, and we know that the GOP is all about cutting everything it can get its hands on that even smells of government, so some of these wild speculations might well happen, but equally some might not. After all, we had eight years of Dubya before this, and while America didn't exactly prosper, it didn't exactly crash and burn either. Well...not for reasons that were under Dubyas control anyway.

The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that he was elected despite what he said, which has basically said that it's ok to be like Trump, it's ok to say what Trump said, and do what he did or was alledged to have done, and that's going to create some very nasty situations for people.
And then there's Pence...I feel bad for women and the LBTGQ community with him around as VP, it's a definite setback for them, but the people who voted for Trump don't really care about that, so what can you do?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 11:42 AM   #29
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
The whole - you article is biased thing, matters if it is just opinion yes, i agree, but when citing what the people in question are saying themselves, it is those we are to judge.
Problem here is - as Steve already pointed out - that both sides have quoted otherside's candidates selectively. If you see controversial "quote" from someone, if at all possible take a long breath and listen the full speech or interview of person in question.

Selective quoting isn't practice limited to elections either. It happens every now and then even when people are making supposedly nonpartisan documentaries.
Old 11-10-16, 11:51 AM   #30
agathosdaimon
Planesman

yes i agree, the validation it gives to bigotry and violence and sexual assault is all quite distressing, - the worst in humanity is coming out , - there have been some friends on fb reporting of mexican women in their town having dog excrement thrown at them, and in Albuquerque shops putting whites only signs in their windows, and elsewhere a brown skinned person being told they cant ride the bus anymore - i forget where that was.

I think the most unnerving thing i read was that Gay bar patrons in New Orleans have allegedly been told to "Get ready, fags" by hecklers after the election. - i hope this one is not true, because it has just this horrible, numbing vibe of something coming.... if it is true, i hope it is no more than empty threats, but even these are corrosive enough to the social fabric