SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-13, 11:49 AM   #2581
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
No..

Game's cost at Amazon is $5 now.. this is a real alternative..
But I dont want to buy the game twice. Is it really impossible?
SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 11:53 AM   #2582
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipersHunter View Post
But I dont want to buy the game twice. Is it really impossible?
100% impossible and for 5$ from amazon u can buy it
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 11:56 AM   #2583
Stoli151
Helmsman

Downloads: 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
No..

Game's cost at Amazon is $5 now.. this is a real alternative..
I had the steam version as well. I got lucky though and received a $10 credit from Gamefly. So I picked up a free SH5 Gold from them. The Gamefly pc download does work with the patcher by the way. Now all I have to do is figure out how to enable everything correctly.
Stoli151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 12:01 PM   #2584
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoli151 View Post
I had the steam version as well. I got lucky though and received a $10 credit from Gamefly. So I picked up a free SH5 Gold from them. The Gamefly pc download does work with the patcher by the way. Now all I have to do is figure out how to enable everything correctly.
take a look here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205620
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=190656
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201004
and at my signature
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 01:33 PM   #2585
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Ok but just a little question. If i buy it again how can i registrateat on my uplay account cause the steamversion is there already registrated. Or is it no longer needed?
Old 07-25-13, 01:40 PM   #2586
Stoli151
Helmsman

Quote:
Ok but just a little question. If i buy it again how can i registrateat on my uplay account cause the steamversion is there already registrated. Or is it no longer needed?
I just made a different uplay account and logged into that one, otherwise it was trying to start my steam version. Just be aware once you use your key to unlock it, it is tied to that new account forever. So you have to be logged into that specific account to play your new SH5.
Old 07-25-13, 01:53 PM   #2587
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

But what is if you put the folder of the cd version in the steam folder and delete the folder of the steamversion. so you can start the dvd version in stean and in your old uplay account. does this work?
Old 07-25-13, 01:58 PM   #2588
Stoli151
Helmsman

Quote:
But what is if you put the folder of the cd version in the steam folder and delete the folder of the steamversion. so you can start the dvd version in stean and in your old uplay account. does this work?
Without hijacking this thread any further, my apologies. The only way I can explain is to say "Do NOT associate your new SH5 with steam in any way." Just do as I stated in post #2590 and all will be well.
Old 07-25-13, 02:07 PM   #2589
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
...does this work?
No.. it won't work.. these are two completely different games (I mean .exe)..
You have to uninstall steam version before you'll install regular PC version..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 02:33 PM   #2590
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

ok i think i buy it on amazon now. Stoli did you already removed your steamversion ^^?
Old 07-25-13, 02:35 PM   #2591
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

The code I wrote for overriding the active camera's zoom level has one neat little feature with it: variable zoom

I remember seeing old photographs and videos where a single eye piece device was used that had variable zoom by lengthening/shortening the length of the device. What is this thing called? Should I add it to the game
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 03:11 PM   #2592
Stoli151
Helmsman

Quote:
ok i think i buy it on amazon now. Stoli did you already removed your steamversion ^^?
I did a complete uninstall of my steam version. You still have to make a new uplay account or uplay will still try to start your steam version even if it's uninstalled. You also have to be logged into that new account when you play.
Old 07-25-13, 03:15 PM   #2593
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The code I wrote for overriding the active camera's zoom level has one neat little feature with it: variable zoom

I remember seeing old photographs and videos where a single eye piece device was used that had variable zoom by lengthening/shortening the length of the device. What is this thing called? Should I add it to the game
If memory serves me well, this is how the large majority of zoom lenses used to work before they introduced fixed lenght zoom lenses. The old system is still in use, but I don't think it got any special name.

Talking about your idea, if I got it right you want to introduce some sort of "progressive" zooming (i.e. the scopes being able to to accept any magnification level between their max/min values). I don't think 40's German optics had such a capability, but to be sure I can do some search on the web...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-13, 03:16 PM   #2594
Stoli151
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

I think it was simply called a telephoto or zoom lens and yes it would be awesome. I think you are talking about the free camera for external views and such because I dont think periscopes used it back then, am I correct?
Old 07-25-13, 03:27 PM   #2595
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
If memory serves me well, this is how the large majority of zoom lenses used to work before they introduced fixed lenght zoom lenses. The old system is still in use, but I don't think it got any special name.

Talking about your idea, if I got it right you want to introduce some sort of "progressive" zooming (i.e. the scopes being able to to accept any magnification level between their max/min values). I don't think 40's German optics had such a capability, but to be sure I can do some search on the web...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoli151 View Post
I think it was simply called a telephoto or zoom lens and yes it would be awesome. I think you are talking about the free camera for external views and such because I dont think periscopes used it back then, am I correct?
Not for the scopes (though it would be cool if they did have this feature so I can add it ) but a completely new 'screen' - like the Sextant. This screen would show like the Sextant but no sextant window or anything just a view and you would be able to increase/decrease zoom as wanted between some min/max value thus simulating this device I was referring to earlier. Of course you would have to be surfaced in order to use it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote