SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-11, 07:07 PM   #181
Stevepine
Planesman

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Hopefully Paris_England will be able to script crew running to bow compartments for crash dive then walking back to their normal positions once depth is obained.
That would be truly and utterly AMAZING.
Stevepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 03:16 AM   #182
Rickster1
Chief

Downloads: 508

Any news on the progress of this mod?
Rickster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 05:18 AM   #183
anzacmick
Helmsman

Downloads: 134

maybe he could share his knowledge of how this was obtained... now that would be cool
anzacmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 01:01 AM   #184
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

It's a vaporware
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 04:11 AM   #185
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

progress seems to decrease here, like in the whole mod community...days are getting longer, temperature rises...summer is coming. think we have to wait für autumn.

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 08:42 AM   #186
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

well it has been extremely quet around this mod indeed. I was kind of expecting that the preview version of this mod wouldnt be released right away , but i was kind of hoping to get some updates in the last couple of weeks.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971

Last edited by oscar19681; 03-28-11 at 09:46 AM.
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:40 AM   #187
Paris_England
Soundman

Downloads: 79

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the delay. It's not vapourware, but as i've noted, time is short at the moment: I work freelance so I have busy times and quiet times that I can't predict.

Once my workload decreases i'll get back to this

P
Paris_England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 12:42 PM   #188
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Thats good to know. If you have the time put up a quick reply from time to time so people wont think the mod had gone dead.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 05:57 PM   #189
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Paris_England releases his Mod on April 1st
Old 03-28-11, 06:07 PM   #190
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Paris_England releases his Mod on April 1st
hey my friend.. was long time i do not saw you on subsim... can you add dolphin and whales in ours campaign pls... thebest managed to put them in museum i think?
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 06:15 PM   #191
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

Wonderful mod, but i was wondering

what mod did you use to make the engine pistons look smoother and sound that way in that video?

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 11:17 AM   #192
The General
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
hey my friend.. was long time i do not saw you on subsim... can you add dolphin and whales in ours campaign pls... thebest managed to put them in museum i think?
Hello Stoianm,

I'm not skilled enough or patient enough to do this. Sorry. The ocean is so vast and the sealife so small, that the chances of seeing them is miniscule. Unless I placed them on a small waypoint loop just outside of a harbour entrance, you'd never run into one. And the novelty of seeing the dolphin/whale at the same location each time would soon dissipate. To have sealife realistically appear in the game you'd have to write code that spawned schools of fish and the very occasional marine mammal, within 500M of your sub when you were at TC x1. The same code could be used to spawn Icebergs near your Sub when you're in Northern waters (that would be a real Iceberg MOD . Apart from TDW (that guy has more than enough on his plate), do you know anyone with the necessary skills Stoianm?

Last edited by The General; 04-02-11 at 11:28 AM.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 11:24 AM   #193
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
I'm not skilled enough or patient enough to do this. Sorry. The ocean is so vast and the sealife so small, that the chances of seeing them is miniscule. Unless I placed them on a small waypoint loop just outside of a harbour entrance, you'd never run into one. And the novelty of seeing the dolphin/whale at the same location each time would soon dissipate. To have sealife realistically appear in the game you'd have to write code that spawned schools of fish and the very occasional marine mammal, within 500M of your sub when you were at TC x1. The same code could be used to spawn Icebergs near your Sub when you're in Northern waters. Apart from TDW (that guy has more than enough on his plate), do you know anyone with the necessary skills Stoianm?
nope... maybe some devs from Ubi... so even you put them let say near each base ... they will maybe deseapear in the time when we go in that place... ok my friend... i understand your point
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 11:31 AM   #194
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Hello Stoianm,

I'm not skilled enough or patient enough to do this. Sorry. The ocean is so vast and the sealife so small, that the chances of seeing them is miniscule. Unless I placed them on a small waypoint loop just outside of a harbour entrance, you'd never run into one. And the novelty of seeing the dolphin/whale at the same location each time would soon dissipate. To have sealife realistically appear in the game you'd have to write code that spawned schools of fish and the very occasional marine mammal, within 500M of your sub when you were at TC x1. The same code could be used to spawn Icebergs near your Sub when you're in Northern waters (that would be a real Iceberg MOD . Apart from TDW (that guy has more than enough on his plate), do you know anyone with the necessary skills Stoianm?
That is why I added them as type 104 coastal merchants. That way when/if they spawn they will follow already existing paths. Just ned to add them to more country rosters.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 11:39 AM   #195
The General
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast
That is why I added them as type 104 coastal merchants. That way when/if they spawn they will follow already existing paths. Just need to add them to more country rosters.
How do we get them to spawn? And if you have the skills to do what you've done so far, then what do you need me for?

Sorry to hijack your Thread Paris_England, but it's not like you were using it