SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-07, 06:11 PM   #166
Mraah
Engineer

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear
I grabbed clean files, went step by step as Canonics listed. I managed to come up with a really BIG green screen, computer locked up and had to force CTD. Tried it again came up with zero save value. So I cleared files again and got back to where I started. Then I figured maybe my monitor resolution not the same as you guys. This ATI x700 card is working hard just to run this game, so maybe I'm stuck where I am until I can upgrade. Many Thanks Anyway.
A few days ago I was trying different angular values and I had no lock ups but the changes never occurred, except for one time , with a value of 10 it was zoomed in close but after replacing the file with a default v1.2 I couldn't duplicate the change again. Earlier, I had to turn my CPU totally off to make the 10 value work so changing the cameras dat file on the fly doesn't work ... perhaps a monitor reset might work, I don't know. I'm running a 1920x1200 screen so it sounds like different values will have an effect on different resolutions, as Canonicus noted in post # 128.

You'd probably have to experiment until you're blue in the face .

Mraah
Mraah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 06:19 PM   #167
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0

Could be worse, you could be blue in the...oh, nevermind. :rotfl:
Old 05-31-07, 07:26 PM   #168
Bear
Helmsman

Downloads: 99

I am going to give it another shot this weekend. I like your radar screens too much not to use them. I just can't see them as well as I would like, so I will work on it. I'm 60 years old so I am already blue in the face and silver of hair (whats left of it) so I will figure it out. I am also thinking an upgrade of my graphics card wouldn't hurt.

Thanks to you, Cannonics and Redwine for trying to help me out. Please keep up the good work.

Note to Redwine - Did you get that step by step we were discussing uploaded on that thread and if you did. Where is it please?
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 08:06 PM   #169
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9

Quote:

Note to Redwine - Did you get that step by step we were discussing uploaded on that thread and if you did. Where is it please?
Please... remember me what it was...:hmm:
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 11:33 PM   #170
Mraah
Engineer

New PPI Set Released :

- PPI FF SET -
with and without a range scale

LukeFF Approved PPI Set. Green sweep blends in better.

Download here or 1st page of this thread ;
http://files.filefront.com/PPI_FF_SETzip/;7661053;;/fileinfo.html

Mraah
Old 05-31-07, 11:52 PM   #171
Mraah
Engineer

Quote:
I am going to give it another shot this weekend. I like your radar screens too much not to use them. I just can't see them as well as I would like, so I will work on it. I'm 60 years old so I am already blue in the face and silver of hair (whats left of it) so I will figure it out. I am also thinking an upgrade of my graphics card wouldn't hurt.
Ok. Let me know if you want a personal PPI, I wouldn't mind creating one for you. If you like Redwines PPI but would prefer a black background then just swap the Radar.dds file from one of the other v1.21 folders into the RW-3.

If you ever can get your zoom working then let me know if a 1024 size PPI would help make the image sharper.

Mraah
Old 06-01-07, 08:38 AM   #172
Bear
Helmsman

Default PPI Circle range Mark - Special Request

Mraah, thank you I will try the one you made for Redwine w/black background. I do not want to request anything special right now. It appears you have a lot going on as it is, but thanks for the offer. I may cry and beg later, but for now I'll use what you got out there.

I am considering upgrade from ATI x700 to ATI x1600 512 mb, maybe that will help. Suggestions on cards welcome, but would probably need to move this to another post. Will stick with the PPI topic and hope for the best.

Last edited by Bear; 06-01-07 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-01-07, 08:42 AM   #173
Rolf Eschke
Lieutenant

Downloads: 60

Wow,that Looks very Good !
Regards Rolf
Rolf Eschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 08:43 AM   #174
RICH12ACE
Officer

Downloads: 117

hi will this be put into the 1.3 update??:hmm: i hope so. [ did the radar look like this in the REAL us sub??]
RICH12ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 08:45 AM   #175
Bear
Helmsman

Default PPI Circle Range Mark

Redwine - On Cannoicus post Camera Mod # 6. You said to go to other topic to see your upload on how to change camera angle without using the Mini-tweaker. I looked at the two pages you posted that looked like a lot of numbers and maybe needed a hex editor or something. Hope this helps you remember, if not - its no big deal because I think I'm screwed anyway.

Maybe my ATI card x700 just can't handle the pressure. I am thinking I need a new graphics card any suggestions.
Old 06-01-07, 06:28 PM   #176
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Redwine - On Cannoicus post Camera Mod # 6. You said to go to other topic to see your upload on how to change camera angle without using the Mini-tweaker. I looked at the two pages you posted that looked like a lot of numbers and maybe needed a hex editor or something. Hope this helps you remember, if not - its no big deal because I think I'm screwed anyway.

Maybe my ATI card x700 just can't handle the pressure. I am thinking I need a new graphics card any suggestions.
Just look at first post at this present page...

You need a Hexe-Editor, if you have not, i can upload one for you.

Open the file Camera.dat and change the numbers highlighted in yellow so they finally looks like the values showed at the screen shots above at the first topic in this present page.

Thas all... do not scare, it is so simple.

Any way, back-up you original file first.

Just request help if you neeed it...

About the card... i have an ATI and i am not satisfied. Just buy the better nVidia you can buy....
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 06:53 PM   #177
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraah
New PPI Set Released :
Mraah
Nice work, d\l now.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 07:04 PM   #178
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Man, you guys are getting this down to a science!!!!
Old 06-01-07, 10:13 PM   #179
Mraah
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH12ACE
hi will this be put into the 1.3 update??:hmm: i hope so. [ did the radar look like this in the REAL us sub??]
When 1.3 is released I'll see if any changes were made and work from there. I don't know if what I designed is really used in the sub of that era. From my info it's probably as close as it can be, except for the way the radar contacts are displayed.

Mraah
Old 06-02-07, 05:56 AM   #180
Bear
Helmsman

Default Thank You Redwine.

I have a Hex editor, but I have never tried to use. I am sure there is a tut somewhere if I get messed up. I printed off your pages to use as a blueprint. I will let you know how it works. I am at work now and won't be able to work on it until tomorrow. I used to use NV GeForce all the time. But now I can't remember why I switched.

Thanks Again, I will let you know how it works out.