SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-22, 03:27 PM   #16
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

I got racked over the coals about this Diva once before.
Old 02-17-22, 03:34 PM   #17
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Well for a representative she is dumb, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say she’s that dumb since she did get elected. However I attribute most of her so-called dumbness solely to her youth and inexperience. I got admit she’s pretty damn hot too. But I sure as hell wouldn’t under estimate her especially if she continues to get elected.
Which voters seems to forget-when the call an elected politicians for being dumb.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 09:27 PM   #18
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
"Stupid sexy AOC!"
-Conservatives
Hey! It's not just conservatives who think that ... I do too! LMAO!
Old 02-17-22, 09:41 PM   #19
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Intelligent, driven, person, with a great life story. As as the youngest or maybe second youngest (I think Madison Cawthorne aka Ricky Hitler may be the youngest) and least wealthy person, seems to get what is going on with majority of the population , as opposed to the perpetually out of touch people who compose that institution, yet re supposed to represent the people.

She's great on some issues, but terrible on others such as 2nd Amendment rights, but she gets the big picture. Yes, she is cute/attractive.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 10:56 PM   #20
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
She's an idiot. If they actually brought her into the negotiations it would only encourage Putin to take over the entire European continent.

Would probably end better than radical Islam taking over the entire European continent which is what's more likely to happen. Hell, the French don't even object when you burn down Notre Dame because they know the ending already.

...and yeah she looked good in that rooftop dancing video.

Last edited by em2nought; 02-17-22 at 11:00 PM. Reason: giving her some credit
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 11:31 PM   #21
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 02:16 AM   #22
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Maybe looking at Peter Sutcliffe ?
How.. is this meant?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 05:18 AM   #23
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Not to change the subject, where were you Jim, during the Falklands War? Just curious, since you're a wee bit older than me.
In uniform Jason but not the military

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Maybe looking at Peter Sutcliffe ?
That is really quite uncanny Jeff. I can only presume I told you when we mat in Texas that I once met the guy

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 08:23 AM   #24
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I did actually. A female version of Churchill imho but stabbed in the back like Churchill was after successfully leading us through times of conflict.

I think most if not all in the U.S liked Margaret Thatcher as well. Although I had never heard the comparison to Churchill, It certainly does fit. I'm not sure if the term " Iron Lady " was coined in England or the U.S but that certainly fit Margaret Thatcher as well. I thought she was an intelligent and tough minded leader. I thought she had an elegance and grace as well.

I know President Ronald Regan liked her and perhaps more importantly, had an immense respect for her. They formed a friendship and alliance in the waning days of the cold war that made NATO strong. I think they both liked former Soviet Chairman Mikhail Gorbachev as well.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 02-18-22 at 08:36 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 01:27 PM   #25
Catfish

Mrs Thatcher, well, the Falklands. Appearing strong to the outside has obviously worked .. but when i was in England during this time no one we met or heard of was pro-Thatcher (but then i did not meet Jim back then )
The "Thatcher-snatcher" song playing everwhere, lots of jobless because of closing down all those mines, privatisation of british rail with all those accidents.. she was arrogant and not perceived as politically or morally right, it always seemed she was building on her own myth.
Later she was definitely against the german re-unification. So.. not much love here

edit: i forgot that she was anti-european, and had effectively killed off the british resources production, which made all here wonder what England should do after this.. a common idea was everybody would then cut each others hair. There was no economic miracle. Then the poll tax.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-18-22 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-18-22, 02:38 PM   #26
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Ah Alexandria. The girl who thinks Republicans want to date. I suspect that one of her secret admirers is non other than Donald J Trump. The similarities are obvious. Both are tireless self promoters and are certainly smitten with a degree of narcissism. They both have a strong victim complex and can come up with some bizarre ways to spend government money. They are a matched set.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 05:57 PM   #27
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Mrs Thatcher, well, the Falklands. Appearing strong to the outside has obviously worked .. but when i was in England during this time no one we met or heard of was pro-Thatcher (but then i did not meet Jim back then )
The "Thatcher-snatcher" song playing everwhere, lots of jobless because of closing down all those mines, privatisation of british rail with all those accidents.. she was arrogant and not perceived as politically or morally right, it always seemed she was building on her own myth.
Later she was definitely against the german re-unification. So.. not much love here

edit: i forgot that she was anti-european, and had effectively killed off the british resources production, which made all here wonder what England should do after this.. a common idea was everybody would then cut each others hair. There was no economic miracle. Then the poll tax.

This is the first that I have heard of this. On the other side of the pond, there was " Reganomics." This is essentially a trick down effect in the economy. Maybe Margaret and Ronnie got together and hatched this economic thing all out.

With regards to unification, in 1949, England, France and the U.S combined the areas under their control to form West Germany. It's hard to imagine England didn't want to see Germany unified. I know in the U.S, most here were in favor of making Germany whole and of reunification with East Germany. On the other hand, a large part of the U.S is descended from Germany and on the whole, may have more ethnic Germans than perhaps Germany itself. So, it's no surprise the U.S wanted to see Germany reunified.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 01:57 PM   #28
Catfish

Completely OT regarding Mrs Ocasio-Cortez.

re Maggie

She also said that "the UK to leave the EU would be economic suicide".

I take it that after 1945 it was predominantly the US that had the say what happened in (western) Germany, and as we know Stalin proposed to make Germany a unified neutral country withdrawing all foreign troops. [URL="http://Soviet Premier Joseph Stalin put forth a proposal for a German reunification and neutralisation with no conditions on economic policies and with guarantees for "the rights of man and basic freedoms, including freedom of speech, press, religious persuasion, political conviction, and assembly"[1] and free activity of democratic parties and organizations."] The Stalin note.

The Soviet Union sought to use reunification as a way to push Germany out of NATO into neutrality, removing nuclear weapons from its territory.
As we know now it was the US/Kennedy who would not have it.

"West German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer and the Western Allies characterised Stalin's move as an aggressive action that attempted to stall the reintegration of West Germany. However, there was later a debate on whether a chance for reunification had been missed. Six years after the exchange, two West German ministers, Thomas Dehler and Gustav Heinemann, blamed Adenauer for not having explored the chance of reunification."

In 1989 it was Thatcher being against a reunification, but again it was not her who had the final say in these things
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...wall-1.4119052

Last edited by Catfish; 02-19-22 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-19-22, 03:41 PM   #29
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Completely OT regarding

She also said that "the UK to leave the EU would be economic suicide".

I take it that after 1945 it was predominantly the US that had the say what happened in (western) Germany, and as we know Stalin proposed to make Germany a unified neutral country withdrawing all foreign troops. The Stalin note.

The Soviet Union sought to use reunification as a way to push Germany out of NATO into neutrality, removing nuclear weapons from its territory.
As we know now it was the US/Kennedy who would not have it.

"West German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer and the Western Allies characterised Stalin's move as an aggressive action that attempted to stall the reintegration of West Germany. However, there was later a debate on whether a chance for reunification had been missed. Six years after the exchange, two West German ministers, Thomas Dehler and Gustav Heinemann, blamed Adenauer for not having explored the chance of reunification."

In 1989 it was Thatcher being against a reunification, but again it was not her who had the final say in these things
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...wall-1.4119052
"Fascinating, Captain" (left eyebrow goes ooopwards...) Never have heard of this before.
Old 02-20-22, 04:37 PM   #30
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
I'm tempted to tell Gorpet that the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 but I just wanna see the surprised look on his face when he finds out.
I was 33 years old when their great union collapsed, and now i'm 64 years old and they will always be Soviets to me. Sorry to disappoint you
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote