Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-20, 09:58 AM   #9526
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Joe Biden is a political dinosaur who has no clue what he is being set up for. Joe just wants the big chair and will do and say what it takes to get there.

That sounds like Trump.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is online  
Old 06-09-20, 10:12 AM   #9527
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...33484528214018

What a POS.
Old 06-09-20, 10:23 AM   #9528
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Is Joe Biden woke enough for the New York Times?

Joe Biden is a political dinosaur who has no clue what he is being set up for. Joe just wants the big chair and will do and say what it takes to get there.
I'm afraid it's worse than that ... the devil wants our country in his hands with the democratic party not just Joe Biden. Someone is telling him what to do.

I know not to mix God and religion and poltics, but it is so obvious I can't help it.

Biden was a Catholic and the Catholic's are against abortion, but the Democrats are pro abortion (especially black babies) so what does Joe do ...

he changes his Catholic faith to suit the pro-choice Democrats.

Biden's running mate will be chosen by the Democrats and not Joe Biden.

Plus many other signs that someone owns Biden ... Trump may be a wacko, but no one owns his views.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-09-20, 10:50 AM   #9529
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post

That sounds like Trump.
Donald Trump entered politics in 2015. Joe Biden entered politics when Richard Nixon was President.

Trump's policy stances have changed very little in the three and a half years of his administration. Joe Biden ran as a centrist and moderate alternative to Bernie Sanders. Now Biden is running left as fast as his hairy legs will take him.

All polititians will do and say whatever it takes. Like Trump what Biden says and stands for is important and I think that was the thrust of the article linked. And the question remains ... is Joe woke enough to keep the radical Left of the Democrat party happy?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 06-09-20, 11:18 AM   #9530
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
but the Democrats are pro abortion (especially black babies)
You’ll have to explain this bit to me.
Old 06-09-20, 11:35 AM   #9531
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Again, good example of missing the forest for the trees.

It looks like this was written by his team, not Trump personally. Notice the embedded link @OANN.

This seems to be aimed at shoring up support from the Police unions.

Tweet already has 94,000 likes.

The resulting media outrage will only amplify the tweet and give it more impact among the voting bloc which is targeted.
Old 06-09-20, 12:25 PM   #9532
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
It looks like this was written by his team, not Trump personally. Notice the embedded link @OANN.
The @OANN is a mention, not a link. Trump is mentioned OANN because that's where the story conspiracy is being reported and where Trump very likely saw it since he has been known to watch OANN.

And what you are essentially saying is that Trump has a team of writers who are constantly making him look like a stupid idiot. Now, this might come as a surprise to you, but he really doesn't need anyone to do that for him.
Old 06-09-20, 12:32 PM   #9533
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

105,000 likes now.
Old 06-09-20, 12:58 PM   #9534
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro
Quote:
but the Democrats are pro abortion (especially black babies)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
You’ll have to explain this bit to me.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...e7a4e7681.html

Brutal cops are targeting African Americans. So are abortionists.

Quote:
“Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, believed in population control of blacks and people with disabilities,” says Allen. “As a black mother of a son with Down syndrome, this is a cause near and dear to my heart.”

Allen says in 1939, Sanger began a program called the Negro Project, recruiting black pastors to encourage their congregants to have abortions. Sanger would donate money to willing clergy, who were then instructed to tell black women if they gave birth to their child, it would lead to poverty.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-09-20, 02:34 PM   #9535
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Rubbish. Margaret Sanger opposed abortion, except therapeutic abortions when indicated by an examining physician. She wasn't a member of the Democratic Party. Sanger worked with African-American organizations to promote birth control in black communities. The "Negro Project" was an initiative to provide Southern black women and families with access to birth control and other forms of contraception.

Do you think your God likes citing professional liars like Dan Fagan? I don't think so.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 06-09-20, 03:01 PM   #9536
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post

I disagree with the Grreat President of the Ununited States. I noticed the high speed the old gramps was running at when he collided with the policemen who already was in a defensive posture when he realised he could not avoid the collision, the old man simply was too fast and so the officer could not react to him. When you race-crash yourself at that high speed into an unsuspecting police officer, you really should expect to bounce off like a rubber ball thrown against a stone wall, he was lucky that he did not end up in a flick-flack. That foolish gramps got what he was asking for, I think.

Does anyone know the brand of the ketchup he was carrying under his toupet? Looks like Heinz to me, but I could be wrong. Stupid idea to store your shopping goods under your toupet, if you ask me, but hey, nobody asks me usually.
Old 06-09-20, 03:05 PM   #9537
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I don't know what's up and down in this story.

I have some question after having seen some videos and pictures.

1. How rough was the police when they pushed this older man ?
2. What is this light green device he is holding in his right hand(which you can see on a picture where he is laying on the boardwalk)

I do not protect the police or the action this elderly had taken before he was pushed away.

I just wanna know.

Markus
Old 06-09-20, 03:26 PM   #9538
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I don't know what's up and down in this story.

I have some question after having seen some videos and pictures.

1. How rough was the police when they pushed this older man ?
2. What is this light green device he is holding in his right hand(which you can see on a picture where he is laying on the boardwalk)

I do not protect the police or the action this elderly had taken before he was pushed away.

I just wanna know.

Markus

well this is one of those "it depends" case. Mr. Gugino may have provoked the police and they may have over-reacted. Whether the police committed a criminal act will be up to a Court to decide. Interesting article on the legal issues here:

Quote:
Case Against 2 Buffalo Police Officers Comes Down to Intent
"Let a Jury decide if there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt of intent to cause physical injury"

Buffalo, N.Y. (WBEN) - "This case has to go to trial. The consequences are too severe," said longtime Buffalo Defense Attorney Terry Connors.

Connors, referring to the case against Buffalo Police Officers Robert McCabe and Aaron Torgalski, suspended without pay and charged with felony assault after the incident with protester Martin Gugino on Thursday night in front of City Hall..

Criminal law applies equally to police and civilians. He said there is one key issue in the case. "Let the jury decide as to whether or not there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that there was intent to cause physical injury."

Tom Burton, attorney for the Police Benevolent Association, agrees. "Intentional conduct means a conscious objective to hurt somebody. They pushed him, but if he had not fallen back and tripped, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's not the injury that governs what's going on here. It's what's the intent of the cops," he said.

What happens if the officers say they were following orders? Connors said that question will no doubt come up in court. He said policies and procedures, along with what power and authority police have, will be brought up at the trial. "It's not in an effort to excuse conduct, but to talk about whether or not there was compliance with the rules and regulations. And if there was compliance, clearly there was no intent on the part of the officer to cause physical injury to Mr. Gugino," Connors said.

Burton was asked why he thought Gugino approached the line of officers. "All I'm going to say is he is an individual who had a penchant for being involved in these things. Any more than this I'm saving for trial," he said. "The bottom line is Mr. Gugino wanted to have an incident. He got it. He crossed the line figuratively and actually."

Burton said police were stunned that the two were charged with a felony. "We completely disagree that this incident should be equated by prosecutors to the Achtyl case that had taken place some time ago." Ken Achtyl is a former Erie County Sheriff's Deputy who was convicted of assaulting a Bills fan in 2017.

With the worldwide attention the story is getting, Connors said he doesn't remember any local case previously that received this level of attention.
https://wben.radio.com/articles/case...down-to-intent
Old 06-09-20, 03:33 PM   #9539
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^Thank you.

Going to be interesting to see what the verdict will be.

Now I only need an answer to question number 2.

Markus
Old 06-09-20, 04:36 PM   #9540
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Tom Burton, attorney for the Police Benevolent Association, agrees. "Intentional conduct means a conscious objective to hurt somebody. They pushed him, but if he had not fallen back and tripped, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's not the injury that governs what's going on here. It's what's the intent of the cops," he said.
Ridiculous. A well trained young officer in riot gear against an elderly civilian, who perfidiously fell back and tripped...

Question: If the jury decides there was no "intentional conduct", will that bastard cop at least face a charge for "bodily injury caused by negligence"?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter