SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-21-14, 10:16 AM   #1
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
I'd also like to get rid of the sub stealth meter if at all possible. And have all the original Integrated orders commands back? Is there a way I can do those, as well as get rid of the Orange circle, and keep the GUI??
From stealth meter it is possible will get rid by removal of the image of a contour of the boat in the DialsFdb.tga file that in the gui/layout folder. For this purpose any graphic editor will be required..... Second option.... In menu_1024_768.ini in the block [G3F I119] before the line Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga put ; (that is summarize). Good luck

Last edited by Ahnenerbe; 11-21-14 at 12:19 PM.
Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-14, 04:37 AM   #2
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
From stealth meter it is possible will get rid by removal of the image of a contour of the boat in the DialsFdb.tga file that in the gui/layout folder. For this purpose any graphic editor will be required..... Second option.... In menu_1024_768.ini in the block [G3F I119] before the line Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/dialsfdb.tga put ; (that is summarize). Good luck
Was this to rid the GUI of the stealth meter?

Or return the officer commands to the original Integrated Orders ones?

I say this because with GWX 3.0, I could control the hydroplanes through the CE, but in your mod it is not there? And the buttons to raise the scopes all the way doesnt work either.

I will try deleting the picture file to see if that works for the stealth meter.
Old 12-06-14, 06:55 PM   #3
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

I have the mod working great except for one thing. I don't have the AOB calculator anywhere. The bottom left icons.. the second or third one over that you point to in your drawing. Mine is empty.
If I slide down I get two large dials one for direction and one for depth I think.

But no AOB dial.

Here is my mod list which works great otherwise:

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 3 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Flat Sun Fix
ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
FM_NewInterior v2.1D
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
ACM Lite Map
b25_Louder_Diesels
JeffsBetterTorpedoes
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final

Jeff
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 01:19 AM   #4
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey all, just a quick question. I have manual targeting on, is the ONLY way to edit the dials when in the attack scope (For the TDC) by going to the attack map, then hitting the switch to manual, then going back to the scope and setting them, then going back to the switch and hitting it off?

OR is there a switch to hit in the attack scope?

I ask, because that is how I wish to set up my attacks with my targets, not using the sheet and what not.
Old 12-07-14, 08:54 AM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

I also found that a bit of an inconvenience having to go to the attack map to go to manual TDC rather than being able to do it in the periscope station.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 11:29 AM   #6
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

There is no switch to engage/disengage the "TDC" on any of the scope screens provided with Ahnenerbe's mod. The switch on the Attack Plot screen is the only on-screen way to do it.

However, there is a keyboard shortcut in the commands_en.cfg that comes in this mod. Pressing CTRL-T cycles the "TDC" in and out. This capability is only implemented in Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final, not in the earlier version. It is also implemented in Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final - FILES for NYGM v3.6D.

Unfortunately, there is no indication on any of the scope screens of whether the "TDC" is engaged or not. There is a highlight on the gauges on the Attack Plot screen which blinks on and off when you cycle the "TDC". But this telltale is not present on the scope screens. Of course, you can tell by the clicking sound when you rotate the scope that the "TDC" is engaged.

But, most importantly, you do not have to go to the Attack Plot screen to cycle the "TDC". Just pressing CTRL-T from any screen will do it.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 08:55 PM   #7
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Awesome, thanks guys!