SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-07-12, 10:05 AM   #1666
SilentOtto
Engineer

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

A funny thing happened to me when I was starting Distant Waters.

I updated to OHII v2 yesterday and did the last Paukenschlag mission. Then Sep.1 came and it was ended. I chose to start DW then, and I when I loaded the game I saw I was in the Med, at Toulon. NO WAY! I thought, after doing the Med missions last career, no way I'll go pass Gibraltar again...

So I read a bit around and saw you have logged a change (Fixed date for flotilla switch in DW to leave Toulon 16/9/42) and my mission sadly started on 15/9/42... I could check if I waited till 00:00 hrs the game changed my base to La Pallice (much more convenient!!)

Since I am quite noob to SH5 I looked around the cfg files to find something I could change. I didn't find the file where bases are assigned, but I found in data/Campaigns/CampaignProjects/Campaign.cfg the start dates. So I just changed the start date to a day later so as to be in the new base, 16/09/1942.

It worked, but guess what? I spawned at La Pallice, but my bunker was occupied, there was another U-Boat next to me! (really too near!)... Well, only a few scratches and shouts but we took the boat out to the Atlantic. I guess they were not expecting us yet! xD

Don't know if this is a glitch or working as intended, I couldn't find more info about the moving of Toulon base (I suppose it's for players doing Med campaign and then DW?) but it was quite funny!
SilentOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 10:20 AM   #1667
SilentOtto
Engineer

Picture, just for the lols:

Old 08-07-12, 11:28 AM   #1668
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
TDW's IRAI v0.0.30
OHII light (latest version)
OHII full (units, monsun Gruppe)
Anti lag mod

P.s. this is just an amazing mod you've made!
Thanks

You should remove "OHII light (latest version)" from your list
Old 08-07-12, 11:30 AM   #1669
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
OK.. thanks.. now I see

What about my previous request?

See post 1 for pics
Old 08-07-12, 11:35 AM   #1670
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
And one more question..
What is the difficulty level in the campaign now? I mean, how much of tonnage should be sunk? Like in the regular OHII or like in the OHII Higher Tonnage Objectives? Because I used Higher Tonnage Objectives and I liked it..

Without giving too much away - you will need to do several successful patrols (closer to higher tonnage - even more in some - less in others)
Old 08-07-12, 11:44 AM   #1671
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOtto View Post
A funny thing happened to me when I was starting Distant Waters.

I updated to OHII v2 yesterday and did the last Paukenschlag mission. Then Sep.1 came and it was ended. I chose to start DW then, and I when I loaded the game I saw I was in the Med, at Toulon. NO WAY! I thought, after doing the Med missions last career, no way I'll go pass Gibraltar again...

So I read a bit around and saw you have logged a change (Fixed date for flotilla switch in DW to leave Toulon 16/9/42) and my mission sadly started on 15/9/42... I could check if I waited till 00:00 hrs the game changed my base to La Pallice (much more convenient!!)

Since I am quite noob to SH5 I looked around the cfg files to find something I could change. I didn't find the file where bases are assigned, but I found in data/Campaigns/CampaignProjects/Campaign.cfg the start dates. So I just changed the start date to a day later so as to be in the new base, 16/09/1942.

It worked, but guess what? I spawned at La Pallice, but my bunker was occupied, there was another U-Boat next to me! (really too near!)... Well, only a few scratches and shouts but we took the boat out to the Atlantic. I guess they were not expecting us yet! xD

Don't know if this is a glitch or working as intended, I couldn't find more info about the moving of Toulon base (I suppose it's for players doing Med campaign and then DW?) but it was quite funny!
Hi SilentOtto

Yes - that mission starts in the Med
I was wanting to get the player to do what no boat did and escape after TheBattle of the Med.
The side effect is that you will start there even if you played Op Drumbeat

I need to think of a way around this - I dont want to restrick the selection too much

Anyway - an easier way to get to you next flotilla is to click dock as soon as you start your patrol. This will teleport you when you then go on your next one.

For the subpen crash - no damage will be done - it does sound bad
The other boat is gone when you jump in

I will add this to my "Must Fix" list - if I can find it
Old 08-07-12, 01:47 PM   #1672
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post

See post 1 for pics
I saw the pics in the first post..
I just thought you have more and there are no whales
OK I'll make it myself
Thank you

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 02:06 PM   #1673
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I saw the pics in the first post..
I just thought you have more and there are no whales
OK I'll make it myself
Thank you
Whales:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=29

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1596
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 03:31 PM   #1674
SilentOtto
Engineer

Quote:
Hi SilentOtto

Anyway - an easier way to get to you next flotilla is to click dock as soon as you start your patrol. This will teleport you when you then go on your next one.
Silly me, I didn't think about this, would have been a much easier solution!

Quote:
For the subpen crash - no damage will be done - it does sound bad
The other boat is gone when you jump in
Well about this I swear the other boat didn't go at all! The WO was the only one complaining, there was no damage whatsoever but a lot of paint scratching as I had to push my way out of the pen!

Maybe you can fix it modifying the date when the Drumbeat campaign ends, make it a couple of days more so you'll jump to La Pallice? Don't know if this would work, I'm sure I don't even know the amount of work you are putting in here... I am just grateful for all the enjoyment this long career gives me and wanted to share a funny glitch! You know, that kind of moment "Oh noes... I shouldn't be here in this pen!"
Old 08-07-12, 03:48 PM   #1675
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well about this I swear the other boat didn't go at all! The WO was the only one complaining, there was no damage whatsoever but a lot of paint scratching as I had to push my way out of the pen!
Ah oouch - thats not so good.
I will have to make a patch to fix this if you are taking damage

Quote:
Maybe you can fix it modifying the date when the Drumbeat campaign ends, make it a couple of days more so you'll jump to La Pallice?
Good idea, but if the campaign start date is missed (even by one day) the campaign will be greyed out.

I think the only way to fix this is to remove the Med start or stop the link from Op drum to Distant waters
Old 08-07-12, 04:15 PM   #1676
SilentOtto
Engineer

Quote:
Aif the campaign start date is missed (even by one day) the campaign will be greyed out.
Damn, that sucks!

Quote:
I think the only way to fix this is to remove the Med start or stop the link from Op drum to Distant waters
A quick and dirty way might also be to duplicate the DW campaign so you have one coming from Med and another coming from Drumbeat. But it's an ugly fix! xD
Old 08-07-12, 05:29 PM   #1677
SilentOtto
Engineer

Trev, I think I found something else which looks wrong:

Shouldn't those two ports be allied? Ships in them are US but they show up as Axis ports, and you'll get the docking icon.
Old 08-07-12, 06:00 PM   #1678
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Trev, I think I found something else which looks wrong:

Shouldn't those two ports be allied? Ships in them are US but they show up as Axis ports, and you'll get the docking icon.

Third Reich connections in South America: this is an old story, but now we know exaclty the shore point used by Nazis for hiding their famous gold before the end of WWII. Thank you SilentOtto for the invaluable discovery
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 07:30 PM   #1679
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Thanks Gap!

I completely forgot about that pics..

Volodya

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 11:44 PM   #1680
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Default Damage!

Ever since I installed the units from the full version, ive noticed that Large Steamers, which used to take 3 torps to destroy, are now going down after 2, and not sinking immediately. It reminds me of a mod i saw in use on youtube, one that made flooding affect ships.

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii