SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-12, 09:07 PM   #8881
mouseno4
Watch

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
If you do the tutorial none of the mods work .
Yes, i loaded up the game, performed the ''tutorial'' mission and then proceeded to do a single patrol with only a single mod enabled. (nazi flag mod)

Things just werent very realistic so i decided to add all the ''essential'' mods. 2 days straight ive been trying to make this work, and so far ive been failing on every step as its just so complicated to do.

I installed SH5, patched it, then did the tutorial and a single patrol. Now i want to install and enable a number of mods and i seem to be hitting a brick wall on every one of them.

For example, every single mod gives an error in the mod enabler program that ''xyz mod already modified this file''. I swear this is like getting 10 people to randomly throw a single ball to another and catch a ball thrown by some other random person.

I can definitely see why i keep hearing the word ''soup'' when referring to a players mods. It is a real nightmare to not only install and get a mod working - but to make it play nice with all other mods.

I completely reset the whole process to start anew... and now the game crashes to desktop.
mouseno4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 09:16 PM   #8882
mouseno4
Watch

I cannot understand how i can make mods work when multiple mods that do completely different things, alter the exact same files.

If a game has 5 files, and...

If mod A alters file 1, 2 and 3...
and mod B alters file 3, 4 and 5...

but mod A alters the way the game looks and...
mob B alters the way the game plays...

How does one have both mods enabled when one mod wants a file altered in a different manner than what a different mod wants?
Old 06-03-12, 09:36 PM   #8883
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseno4 View Post
I cannot understand how i can make mods work when multiple mods that do completely different things, alter the exact same files.

If a game has 5 files, and...

If mod A alters file 1, 2 and 3...
and mod B alters file 3, 4 and 5...

but mod A alters the way the game looks and...
mob B alters the way the game plays...

How does one have both mods enabled when one mod wants a file altered in a different manner than what a different mod wants?
Just read this . Its all done for you .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 09:52 PM   #8884
mouseno4
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Just read this . Its all done for you .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=192374
Holy crap thats a lot of reading... but if it gets this absolute mess working... then so be it.

Thank you for thinking of the lowly noobs.
Old 06-03-12, 11:27 PM   #8885
mouseno4
Watch

Sorry! You have exceeded your daily allowed download amount.
As a new Cadet, you are able to post freely and download up to 3 files a day. Once you have made a single post, you are able to download 10 files a day.

If you want to graduate to a Captain, feel free to introduce yourself in the Comments to Subsim forum. There is a thread titled XMonth 2011 New Member Sign Up, make a short intro post there and tell the forum how you found Subsim, what your favorite game is, etc and say Hello! We welcome you into our community!

Click here to return to the file.
Old 06-04-12, 02:39 PM   #8886
siska10
Nub

Downloads: 11

great mod
siska10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 05:07 AM   #8887
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseno4 View Post
Holy crap thats a lot of reading... but if it gets this absolute mess working... then so be it.

Thank you for thinking of the lowly noobs.
Hi mouseno4 and welcome to the forum,

Even if things sometimes might look weird and incomprehensible, don't despair. You don't have to be som kind of a rocket scientist around here.
Don't be alarmed, assistance is just at an arm length away. Almost
Together we'll get it working.

Have a look at this pic below. Hopefully it explains at least some of your questions.

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:55 AM   #8888
Cpt.Mads
Watch

Downloads: 42
Default Great Work!!!

Definite fan here Just got back after a while here and found a couple issues I'm having...

1) I'm using your 6_5_1 UI.. I absolutely love the simple interface with the top-bar views and depth buttons, etc... I would like to use things like the Harbor Pilot Mod, etc...; which isn't compatible with this version of the UI?

2)I've tried the 6_9 interface; however, It doesn't seem compatible with my save game and I still prefer the above buttons in 1).

3) I may be mistaken, but I thought your 6_5_1 UI came with scripts... I'm not showing any... no big. Just want to be able to use them

Is there anything I can do? I know you, TDW, mentioned the ability to go into the options file to customize. I've gone in there and can't always tell what things are linked to what buttons, etc.

I'd be willing to use 6_9, as it's the 'updated' version, if I can get it to work with my save and most importantly, keep the general 'view', 'depth' and officer buttons I have now.

Thank you again for making amazing mods Without your UI, I probably wouldn't have gotten into the game as I have. Likewise goes to Stoinm, Viking, Sober, etc... <too many to list> and all the other amazing modders out there for making this game/community beyond words

P.S. for personal self-accomplishment I can now track/plot enemy ship courses within 100's of kilometers for the lovely 90 degree torpedo kills. (I know many are better than I at it.. just felt like sharing my happiness

Thank You All,

Cpt. Mads
Old 06-06-12, 08:02 AM   #8889
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Mads View Post
Definite fan here Just got back after a while here and found a couple issues I'm having...

1) I'm using your 6_5_1 UI.. I absolutely love the simple interface with the top-bar views and depth buttons, etc... I would like to use things like the Harbor Pilot Mod, etc...; which isn't compatible with this version of the UI?

2)I've tried the 6_9 interface; however, It doesn't seem compatible with my save game and I still prefer the above buttons in 1).

3) I may be mistaken, but I thought your 6_5_1 UI came with scripts... I'm not showing any... no big. Just want to be able to use them

Is there anything I can do? I know you, TDW, mentioned the ability to go into the options file to customize. I've gone in there and can't always tell what things are linked to what buttons, etc.

I'd be willing to use 6_9, as it's the 'updated' version, if I can get it to work with my save and most importantly, keep the general 'view', 'depth' and officer buttons I have now.
1) Everything that works in 6.5.1 will work in 6.9 also

2) Never heard of compatibility problems with save games What makes you think this?

3) Automation is included in v6.9 just like it is in v6.5.1. I believe there were some changes after v6.5.1 that makes some scripts not compatible. You just need the updated scripts to work in v6.9

How are you editing the options file? Are you using the included app or trying to make changes via Notepad?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 08:26 AM   #8890
Cpt.Mads
Watch

1) Sounds good Now I just need to find out how to utilize those buttons.

2) I had gotten the injured game bug... went back to 6_5_1 and my save was fine.

3) I meant that I wasn't sure if your automation already came with scripts, as I hadn't seen any. Yes, I believe the new Kiel Pilot... has to have 6.9.
side note: when I used 6.9 I didn't have an automation option on the right side. Perhaps I'm just not remembering correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
1) How are you editing the options file? Are you using the included app or trying to make changes via Notepad?
(Found the Viewer/Editor!) ... and thx to an older post found how to 'activate' the tabs for it

EDIT: Here's my mod setup right now
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Real Environment - Revision_3
TheDarkWraith_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_4_SH3 (Do you recommend FX instead?)
Accurate German Flags
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
Dark_Interior_V1
Dark_Interior_additional_Sounds
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith

I've been trying to put in paths, but can't see how to get the tabs. Likewise, do I need to use the editor when 6.9 isn't activated in Gme?

Regards,
Mads

Last edited by Cpt.Mads; 06-06-12 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Found the menu options
Cpt.Mads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 09:48 AM   #8891
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
1) Sounds good Now I just need to find out how to utilize those buttons.

2) I had gotten the injured game bug... went back to 6_5_1 and my save was fine.

3) I meant that I wasn't sure if your automation already came with scripts, as I hadn't seen any. Yes, I believe the new Kiel Pilot... has to have 6.9.
side note: when I used 6.9 I didn't have an automation option on the right side. Perhaps I'm just not remembering correctly.

I've been trying to put in paths, but can't see how to get the tabs. Likewise, do I need to use the editor when 6.9 isn't activated in Gme?
2) never heard of this one or seen it. Maybe someone who has can chime in

3) There are a few scripts included with the mod but nothing you'll probably want to use (mainly for reference for those developing scripts)

What do you mean by you didn't have an automation option on the right side?

Disable the mod via JSGME. Run the OptionsEditorViewer app to edit the options file. Select File-->Set path to menu.txt and select the mod's menu.txt (in the MODS folder). Select File-->Set SH5 install path and select your Silent Hunter 5 folder. Then select File-->Open and select the mod's options file. You'll now have tabs
Old 06-06-12, 10:02 AM   #8892
Cpt.Mads
Watch

Quote:
2)
Disable the mod via JSGME. Run the OptionsEditorViewer app to edit the options file. Select File-->Set path to menu.txt and select the mod's menu.txt (in the MODS folder). Select File-->Set SH5 install path and select your Silent Hunter 5 folder. Then select File-->Open and select the mod's options file. You'll now have tabs
Yeah, I figured it out with an old post you responded to
Oops, just used the editor with 6.9 activated><
Btw, how can I get the basic snorkel, periscope, etc.. buttons for my depth? (Found the nifty toggle at the end of the speed dial)

TY

P.S. Going to check it out... be back in a bit

Checked it out... This is what I found.

1) Can't get rid of the big black box..
2) Talk to deck officer with window coming up blank, except for the red word 'injured'
3) Cannot start patrol
4) Noticed I can't use certain buttons or see certain things... perhaps this is due to me being in dock? using the Fine Crew Mod...
5)Noticed the fuel/CO2, etc.. gauges are overlapping the speed gauge? I do want these in.

I can move around in game and npc's move as normal.

-how do I make the pic smaller like some others have?

Thank you

Last edited by Cpt.Mads; 06-06-12 at 11:25 AM.
Cpt.Mads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 11:28 AM   #8893
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yeah, I figured it out with an old post you responded to
Oops, just used the editor with 6.9 activated><
Btw, how can I get the basic snorkel, periscope, etc.. buttons for my depth? (Found the nifty toggle at the end of the speed dial)

TY

P.S. Going to check it out... be back in a bit

Checked it out... This is what I found.
Disable every mod except my UIs mod and see if you still get this problem. You have some mod overwriting some of my files OR you are not patched to v1.2 of the game (run the game updater found in Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe)
Old 06-06-12, 11:58 AM   #8894
Cpt.Mads
Watch

Quote:
Disable every mod except my UIs mod and see if you still get this problem. You have some mod overwriting some of my files OR you are not patched to v1.2 of the game (run the game updater found in Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe)
Disabled every mod, ran the updater..it was already updated, but did it anyway.
Then, I put just your mod in.
Same problem.

I'll check again this eve. Odd that it worked with 6.5 and not 6.9. It's possible that the game's corrupt somehow. Using the Ubisoft online saves as well.
Old 06-06-12, 12:11 PM   #8895
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Disabled every mod, ran the updater..it was already updated, but did it anyway.
Then, I put just your mod in.
Same problem.

I'll check again this eve. Odd that it worked with 6.5 and not 6.9. It's possible that the game's corrupt somehow. Using the Ubisoft online saves as well.
Can you send me the full Dbgview output from game start till you close it down? Maybe it will shed some light into why you are getting this problem.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui