SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-11, 08:14 AM   #361
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Hi stormy,

Afetr i installed the sh5.exe patch v0.0.2 each time when i prepare my torpedo shoot from hydro station the game is starting to play the das boot sound when the oficer prepare torpedo atack - do you have an ideea how can i stop this or what is the name wav to delete this one?

thanks
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 08:27 AM   #362
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi stormy,

Afetr i installed the sh5.exe patch v0.0.2 each time when i prepare my torpedo shoot from hydro station the game is starting to play the das boot sound when the oficer prepare torpedo atack - do you have an ideea how can i stop this or what is the name wav to delete this one?

thanks
which one you mean, the surface attack sample (which is normaly only playin after pressing "SHIFT C" ?

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 08:28 AM   #363
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Hi stormy,

thanks
which one you mean, the surface attack sample (which is normaly only playing after pressing "SHIFT C" ?

does it occour onfly from hydro station, and what do you do exactly before ?

Old 03-18-11, 08:43 AM   #364
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
which one you mean, the surface attack sample (which is normaly only playin after pressing "SHIFT C" ?
yes the surface one i think... mine is starting when i ask my sonar guy to estimate range to contact:

se here:

is make me crazy because each time when i ask range to conttact the wav is start - first time he scared the hell of me... i was in the middle on the night and the volume was high

so i do not pres the key combination that you asked... i just click on the estimate range to contact icon when he start

thanx

EDIT: to duplicate the problem instal sh5.exe patch... go to hydro station... ask the sonar guy to follow the nearest sound contact.... ask what is the nearest sound contact... send data to tdc (from hydro station notepad button) and then ask the sound guy to estimate range to contact... wright then the sound is start playing.

Last edited by stoianm; 03-18-11 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-18-11, 10:02 AM   #365
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

I'm not trying to hijack this thread from stoianm's question but I have one quick question of my own.

I noticed that this mod changes some other things like key assignments and some of the UI. How do I install JUST the sound mod portion of the mod? Thanks.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 10:24 AM   #366
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
yes the surface one i think... mine is starting when i ask my sonar guy to estimate range to contact:

se here:

is make me crazy because each time when i ask range to conttact the wav is start - first time he scared the hell of me... i was in the middle on the night and the volume was high

so i do not pres the key combination that you asked... i just click on the estimate range to contact icon when he start

thanx

EDIT: to duplicate the problem instal sh5.exe patch... go to hydro station... ask the sonar guy to follow the nearest sound contact.... ask what is the nearest sound contact... send data to tdc (from hydro station notepad button) and then ask the sound guy to estimate range to contact... wright then the sound is start playing.
...ohh thats easy, if there is a original sample inside the JSGME backup folder "\Data\Sound\Speech\Navigator\Normal\Estimate_range _to_contact.ogg", replace it, same for folders "Tension" and "Whisper".

...or simply delete those files from the mod folders and reenable it.

...or delete the sound entry in \data\cfg\commands.cfg ([Cmd487], Sound_0=ELO_Navig,Estimate_range_to_contact).

Old 03-18-11, 10:26 AM   #367
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

i knew that will be easy for you to figure out a solution... tnx
Old 03-18-11, 10:31 AM   #368
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I'm not trying to hijack this thread from stoianm's question but I have one quick question of my own.

I noticed that this mod changes some other things like key assignments and some of the UI. How do I install JUST the sound mod portion of the mod? Thanks.
well, i would recommend going through the readme or post 1, there is a hint regarding making it compatible with other key assigments (commands.cfg), and or what to change in TDW options file (there is also a special customized TDW new UI`s options file comming with the package, you can use it as a base for migrating it to newer UI versions (use TDW options migrator), after that you can make your own special customizing in it.

many sounds of this compilation need entrys in commands.cfg, but if you want to miss some of the best things with it, simply delete \data\cfg\commands.cfg in the mods folder and disabale, reenable it.

Old 03-18-11, 11:19 AM   #369
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
well, i would recommend going through the readme or post 1, there is a hint regarding making it compatible with other key assigments (commands.cfg), and or what to change in TDW options file (there is also a special customized TDW new UI`s options file comming with the package, you can use it as a base for migrating it to newer UI versions (use TDW options migrator), after that you can make your own special customizing in it.

many sounds of this compilation need entrys in commands.cfg, but if you want to miss some of the best things with it, simply delete \data\cfg\commands.cfg in the mods folder and disabale, reenable it.
Alright. Thanks. I'll look at the readme again to figure it out. So you are saying by deleting the commands.cfg I'm losing some of the new sounds you added?
Old 03-18-11, 02:22 PM   #370
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Nice map... what mod is it?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 02:25 PM   #371
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Nice map... what mod is it?
this one from here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3073

illyustrator version

regards
Old 03-19-11, 03:31 PM   #372
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Hi Stormy. Really liking this mod. Nice work. Two questions...

1. I'm not hearing anyone calling out when depth charges are in the water. Is there something extra I need to enable?

2. Can you hear sinking ships on sonar in this mod or in stock for that matter ? I know it was a problem in SH4 but not sure about SH5. Thanks

EDIT: After listening to the sounds in the folder I realized what you've done. I might have heard them but may not have noticed it was a wasserbomben file.

Last edited by Dignan; 03-19-11 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-20-11, 12:06 AM   #373
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Hi Stormy. Really liking this mod. Nice work. Two questions...

1. I'm not hearing anyone calling out when depth charges are in the water. Is there something extra I need to enable?

2. Can you hear sinking ships on sonar in this mod or in stock for that matter ? I know it was a problem in SH4 but not sure about SH5. Thanks

EDIT: After listening to the sounds in the folder I realized what you've done. I might have heard them but may not have noticed it was a wasserbomben file.
1. yes, if you read the readme you see that i use a special extended version of Rongel`s Wasserbomben mod, which have 50 shuffeling sounds. I expanded the normal wasserbomben callout sounds with other sounds which are fitting if hunted with DC`s, preventing hearing over and over the same sounds, which can get boring over time.

2. no, not via hydrophone (bug or missing feature). But if you are close enough you hear it from inside the sub in 3D if not using the hydrophone station (i expanded also volume and range in the SDL file). A working sound for the hydrophone, if i renember correct, is a sound which is playing if the ship hit the ocean floor, could be that this is also missing after patch 1.2...

Old 03-20-11, 07:09 AM   #374
anzacmick
Helmsman

Downloads: 134

gday, just downloaded ur great mod.
Some very familier sounds contained within I must say.
Some credit is due for sure me thinks .......

just sayin`.....
anzacmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 07:12 AM   #375
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzacmick View Post
gday, just downloaded ur great mod.
Some very familier sounds contained within I must say.
Some credit is due for sure me thinks .......

just sayin`.....
hi did that mate - read post 1 careful pls:

''just converted my Living SH3 DBSM Collection to SH5.

This Sound Mod Compilation also uses sounds from other sound mods like DBSM Project Schwertfisch, Trigger Maru or Thomsen`s and Paulsens Sound Mod, the more real Ktl KUrtz`s BritishAsdicMkI v1.02K and of course the fresh work of Rongel`s "Wasserbomben" + "Battlestations" sound mod`s, just to name a few, ...but of course it have many new high quality sounds i overhauled or resampled for a new set of mixtures.

So this means, credits go to all contributers Thank You for all of your hard work.
Credits also to Church, because i used his keyb. mod as a base. Thank you !''

regards

Tags
favorite