SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-09, 11:56 AM   #1
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Wow! Very Impressed! I must say imo this is an excellent mod/unofficial patch and am glad I downloaded it. That being said, I believe I have the first bug report.

When ringing up Ahead 2/3 the telegraph needle moves and when the OOD is about to say Ahead Slow, the game will CTD. Also noted that my crew had no eyes! Talk about a creepy crew. But hey, they still manage to call out contacts!

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 01:30 PM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

after a few requests to upload this at various other sites i figured it would be best to post this:

anyone who wants to can feel free to put it up any place and anywhere they wish to.

it is what it is and it will never be altered or updated by me so i need no control over it.

as far as i am concerned it belongs to everyone now.

as for the rest of my mods, i feel they are there for everyone and if you want to post them then go ahead and feel free to do so.

each of my mods has a read me in it and that is what i use as the thread post so all you have to do is use that as the mod description for any mod.
Old 05-14-09, 02:48 PM   #3
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
as far as i am concerned it belongs to everyone now.
SALUTE! Webster I wish we had a lot more modders with your attitude.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 03:28 PM   #4
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Love your attitude, man ... wait a minute ... somebody was faster
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 06:17 PM   #5
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35

this patch is what we needed and the only bug i see is the ahead 2/3 button causes crash to desktop great job on the patch it was worth waiting for

lt commander lare
Lt commander lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 07:07 PM   #6
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

You know what Webster, your laundry list of fixes really does look like a developers patch. Cool stuff!
Old 05-14-09, 07:24 PM   #7
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt commander lare View Post
this patch is what we needed and the only bug i see is the ahead 2/3 button causes crash to desktop great job on the patch it was worth waiting for

lt commander lare

that only applies to filefront downloads before 3:30pm central time today

if anyone still needs the ctd fix its on my filefront (i put it back up until tomorrow)

@ AVGWarhawk thanks

Last edited by Webster; 05-14-09 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-14-09, 07:51 PM   #8
Gato76
Planesman

Downloads: 82

How is the AI with this patch ?
Gato76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 07:39 PM   #9
Kamikaze Krazy
Sailor man

Downloads: 91

Indeed, this looks like a very nice mod! Way to go WEBSTER!!!

@WEBSTER: Sir, does GFOM fix the "Silent" Pocket Battleship? I noticed that in the Museum and in game that it is silent, and when I say silent, I mean no engine noise OR screw noises. Are you planing to add this into the "next" GFOM version? Has anyone else notice this?

@tonschk Sir, I just downloaded it and it appears to be a Single Missions mod. It looks good, I'll try it right away.

Having passed the enlistment physical, Jon was asked by the doctor, "Why do you want to join the Navy, son?"
"My father said it'd be a good idea, sir."
"Oh? And what does your father do?"
"He's in the Army, sir."
Kamikaze Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 08:00 PM   #10
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze Krazy View Post
Indeed, this looks like a very nice mod! Way to go WEBSTER!!!

@WEBSTER: Sir, does GFOM fix the "Silent" Pocket Battleship? I noticed that in the Museum and in game that it is silent, and when I say silent, I mean no engine noise OR screw noises. Are you planing to add this into the "next" GFOM version? Has anyone else notice this?

well the manuvering fix included in GFO adds new sonar sound files for all ships and subs to give them correct sonar sounds so i would say all ships in the game "should" be picked up accurately on sonar.

for this reason i believe it should also fix the pocket battleship as long it doesnt change any of the GFO sound files. i have not checked this for sure but try it and see.
Old 05-14-09, 02:22 PM   #11
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Wow! Very Impressed! I must say imo this is an excellent mod/unofficial patch and am glad I downloaded it. That being said, I believe I have the first bug report.

When ringing up Ahead 2/3 the telegraph needle moves and when the OOD is about to say Ahead Slow, the game will CTD. Also noted that my crew had no eyes! Talk about a creepy crew. But hey, they still manage to call out contacts!

the eye thing is the eye bug fix, i guess it gives you the eye bug in some cases so i removed it from patch v1.6

the ahead 2/3 was a glitch in my sound files and i cant figure it out so i just removed the ahead 2/3 and back 2/3 so it stays with the stock ahead slow and back slow sounds.

i am re uploading patch v1.6 without those files at this very moment but for those of you who already have v1.6 PM me for a link to replace the files with copies of the original ahead slow and back slow sounds.

EDIT: ok the updated patch v1.6 is now uploaded without the bugged files as of 3:30pm US central standard time

Last edited by Webster; 05-14-09 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-31-09, 12:35 PM   #12
[RS]Wedge
Watch

Downloads: 32

How do I turn off Battery charging with the GFO mod? When I click on the battery button when surfaced the shipmate just says "charging battery".

In the stock version 1.5 I am able to toggle the battery charging on and off.

Thansk for any help.
[RS]Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 05:18 PM   #13
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RS]Wedge View Post
How do I turn off Battery charging with the GFO mod? When I click on the battery button when surfaced the shipmate just says "charging battery".

In the stock version 1.5 I am able to toggle the battery charging on and off.

Thansk for any help.

it hasnt changed but i moved the battery charging button from the command room to the bridge station controls since battery charging is only done when surfaced.

simply use the battery charging button on the bridge controls to toggle it off or on.
Old 05-31-09, 05:58 PM   #14
[RS]Wedge
Watch

Downloads: 32

When I click the button to turn it off - the reply is "Battery is charging", When I click the button again to turn it off - the reply is the same. It's the same reply everytime I click the button.

In the original version 1.5 there was a definite alternating replies to know when the battery was charging or not.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks for your reply.

~S~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
it hasnt changed but i moved the battery charging button from the command room to the bridge station controls since battery charging is only done when surfaced.

simply use the battery charging button on the bridge controls to toggle it off or on.
[RS]Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 10:11 PM   #15
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RS]Wedge View Post
When I click the button to turn it off - the reply is "Battery is charging", When I click the button again to turn it off - the reply is the same. It's the same reply everytime I click the button.

In the original version 1.5 there was a definite alternating replies to know when the battery was charging or not.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks for your reply.

~S~
open data/ menu / gui folder and delete all the files there except for the US_torpedos512 files then open the data/ menu / cfg folder and delete the ordersbar file there to remove the new orders bar buttons in GFO

Last edited by Webster; 06-01-09 at 06:46 PM.