SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-20, 08:21 AM   #23
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
Progress Update : I am about half way through the Heavy Cruisers.

The hot weather here in Scotland really took a chunk out of my energy because the PC is in a very sunny spot. The bright sun and heat made it hard to work on the models. Now temperatures are getting back to normal (in the morning at least) I am back on the silhouettes.

When I get to the Battlecruisers and Battleships I will be bundling them all into one pack simply labelled Battleships.

Now that the majority of updated silhouettes and height/draft figures are in FotRSU I would be interested in hearing whether you feel the more accurate numbers are helping with your manual torpedo aiming.
I have not found the data a help yet, but I am not the best at manual "targeting" though... - to say the least! When I try to get a range, I'll get a figures like 3400 yards or 1200 yards (for repeats on the same ship during the same approach phase), when I know the ship is at 2100 yards... - and that has to do with my "skill" at the stadimeter - I am awful... but I do definitely like the consistency and accuracy of the Recognition Manual now. Excellent work, and a job well done, good sir. Looking forward to implementing the CA and BB in FotRSU. There is only one "officially" listed Type=10 Battle Cruiser in the game, and we will probably move it to the battlship Type= section to clear that Type=10 designation for other, future use... That will not affect anything you do though DanielCoffey.

I am also curious about others' accuracy of targeting, since I am so uncoordinated at doing it, which is the reason I do the fast 90... One of these days, I will take my time, study where I am going wrong, and get this right...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote