http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227761

On NATO side:

me on submarine (Sturgeon class)
Pepe (Vertumnus) on Perry class frigate

vs

Sturg30n on submarine Victor I
bottomcrawler on Alfa class submarine

---------------------------------

Plan for our side was clear. Protect a convoy HX-84 at all cost. I dived deeply to speed up and to get position ahead of the convoy.

In meantime, Pepe created a line of sonoboys and detected enemy submarines. Two of them was found. Pepe's helo attacked and damaged one of AI's Victor (north to our position). Second Victor was closing (Sturg30n) to us. Thanks to data from Pepe, I preparad my SUBROCKS. I launched 3 of them.

One of them has malfunction (went north), but next two flied properly, hit and sunk Victor

So situation was very positive for us. 1 Victor down, 1 damaged so far. Suddenly Alfa launched missiles. In fact she fired Shkvals. Fortunately I was out of their range. However we triangulated position of Alfa. It gave us rough position of the sub. I fired long range torpedo (Mk48 mod 1 at 40 knots). On the other side Pepe with helos was searching for the Alfa. She was evading his aerial torpedoes succesfully. But my torpedo was in the way. Having data from Pepe, I changed a course of my fish and finally hit the enemy. .

The convoy was safe. None of the cargo ship were sunk or damaged. Cargo would be delivered to UK.

Once again thanks for the game. Now I plan to play the same mission, but this time to play on the other side.

to all of you. See you next time.

Last edited by PL_Cmd_Jacek; 09-26-16 at 05:36 AM.
PL_Cmd_Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-16, 02:22 PM   #2
bottomcrawler
Mate

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Yeah, in the heat of battle, I forgot to slow down to 6 kts or below for the missiles, so they just bobbed about for a while and sank...

The Alfa is a noisy bugger, but it is blazing fast! Makes torp evasion a bit easier. To be honest, that last fish, coming from the west, probably could've been evaded as well, but I was so sleepy that I kinda gave up at that point.
bottomcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote