SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-13, 01:39 PM   #1
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0
Default Atlantic Warfare is born

Hi shipmates,

I am very excited to announce that Atlantic Warfare is now a reality and that development
of the new Sim is now on full swing with very talented people currently working on many aspect of the new Sim.

We will often refer to A.T.W.A.R. to talk about Atlantic Warfare.

For those who remember my early posts on subsim i mention clearly that a complete new Sim was on my mind.

We all know that most of you were expecting U-BOOT_HAHD as a super mod to be release but our priority
have now change since a window of opportunity have recently open to make something much more exciting
than a super mod on aging technology.

So from now on U-BOOT_HAHD will go on hibernation mode until we see if the simulation fans give us the
green light with the funding campaign on the Atlantic Warfare website and on Kickstarter.

Details on the pledge package and funding will soon be available on the Atlantic Warfare official website and
it will offer great value to people who contribute.

I have met with people who have work on the Silent hunter series 3,4,5 and 2 of them have already join us
and are currently working on the development of Atlantic Warfare.

So far we have assemble a fantastic team to make Atlantic Warfare a reality and all of them are naval simulation
die hard fans and experts in their respective discipline.

Here a quick list of team members involved in the development of Atlantic Warfare :

Gabriel Barbu
: Gabriel was there at the very beginning of the Silent Hunter series and he work on SH3,4,5, he was
the lead graphic artist for SH5 and his experience make him an invaluable artist that we are very proud to work with.
You can have a look here at some of his work : https://www.facebook.com/pages/U-Boot-Pa...2714050708

Calin Cazan : Calin is an excellent animator who also have work on the Silent hunter series and so far he already did
amazing work on various animation task i have ask him to do for Atlantic Warfare and you will all see the quality of his
work on the Atlantic Warfare game prototype. You can have a look at some of his work here : http://calincazan.blogspot.ro/

Daniel Calin
: Daniel have also work on the SH series and he is experience in both programing and senior 3d&2d GUI with
3 years of experience in Unity.

Alban Montat : Alban is our French researcher and expert in naval battle history he will be in charge of gathering references
and historical info and also will promote ATWAR all across the web .

Paul Schwab
: Paul(desertstriker)is well known here in the subsim welcome committee and he will have the same task as Alban
looking for references&historical info and promote ATWAR over the web.

Laurent Tremblay : Laurent was introduce to me by a colleague of mine where i am teaching video game design,
Laurent is very experience in the simulation field since he work for CAE on pilot training simulators, his experience
as a software engineer and his knowledge of C++ progaming make him the perfect candidate for Atlantic Warfare game mechanics.

Manos(makman94) : Many of you already know Manos from his excellent mods for Silent hunter 3 like Manos GUI and
Manos environment pro, Manos knowledge on GUI and optics couple with his mathematician and 2D artist skills make him
the ideal candidate to make state of the art GUI for Atlantic Warfare.

John(Reaper7): John is also a well known figure on the Subsim community and he did some amazing work for U-BOOT_HAHD
and others mods for the Silent Hunter series, John engineering knowledge couple with his skills as a 2D and 3D junior artist
make him a valuable candidate to bring Atlantic Warfare to the next level.

Hans Wittman
: As the lead director of Atlantic Warfare i will put all my 16 years of knowledge in game development as a
senior 3D&2D artist and junior programer&scripting including 6 years teaching it in college to make sure Atlantic Warfare will
become the next classic in the naval simulation genre. I am also in charge of promotional material, website design and funding
campaign for Atlantic Warfare.

Other potential candidates have made contact with me recently and 2 are programers and another one is a music composer +
2 2D&3D artists, we are still in discussion and will keep you inform about new team members joining for Atlantic Warfare.

Atlantic Warfare main features:

-Enroll in the Royal navy and take control of a battleship to engage enemy fleet or protect convoy against the u-boat threat.

-Enroll in the RAF coastal command and wage war from the air against the enemy fleet.

-Enroll in the Kriegsmarine as a battleship or u-boat commander and engage enemy fleet or merchant shipping and convoys.

-Enroll in the Luftwaffe and engage enemy fleet from the air with advanced weaponry like the one use in the Bay of Biscay.

-Full Atlantic campaign and side missions including non conventional missions.

-Light RPG elements to bring a human dimension and interactivity with your crew like captain skills tree with various talents
buy with renown to upgrade your skills.

-Upgradable equipment on ships,u-boat and airplanes buy with renown at barrack located in harbors&aerodrome.

-Multiplayer will allow to play the Solo Campaign in multiplayer mode! In that mode, your strategic mind will be put
to the test through a long military campaign that runs over several days. Other game mode might be introduce later on.

-State of the art graphic&FX and realistic environment that will affect your strategy and decisions.

-Full 3D damage system with complex sinking mechanics and advanced damage managing system.

As we progress game features might be add or be modified to fit our framework.

So now it will be up to you the simulation fans to decide whether or not you want Atlantic Warfare to become the next classic naval simulation on your desktop.

The Atlantic Warfare website&forum should be going live in the coming weeks and pledges package for every budget will be available with
exciting exclusive content on some of them. Later on after we have reach all the gaming, simulation, ww2 enthusiasts, reenactment,
kit modelers website communities we will launch the kickstarter campaign to complete our necessary funding for Atlantic Warfare.

The Atlantic Warfare forum membership will be tied to a special ranking system that will take in account your donator status(Pledges package you choose)
and for some special package will give you access to participate in the private developers section of the forum to submit your idea and have an impact on game development features.

Other pledges package will give you access to exclusive content and a renown system will be introduce to buy exclusive new skins or models for Atlantic Warfare.

The first 250 donators will become automatically eligible for the close beta of Atlantic Warfare.

In late fall you will start to see actual in game footage shown on the Atlantic Warfare website so stay tuned.

The Atlantic Warfare team

Last edited by Hans Witteman; 09-27-13 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-14-13, 03:26 PM   #2
elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

Good luck!

Old 09-15-13, 12:22 PM   #3
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanaiba View Post

Good luck!

Thank you and we wish you all the success with your own project.
We are not starting from scratch here for Atlantic Warfare since a lot of assets are already done.

And the latest advanced in technology and unity expansion make a lot of task much more easier then 2 years ago.

Late fall will show some in game footage.

Old 09-15-13, 02:38 PM   #4
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

Have you thought of utilizing Steams Greenlight program, or at least looking into it?

I do not know the requirements, but it may help with funding .

I will be following the progress of this, as naval sims are rare, and seeing as there is a passion here, I can see great things.

Naval sims are a dying niche, I can only support a genre I enjoy.

Best of luck, sir.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
Old 09-15-13, 02:51 PM   #5
O_Smiladon
Mate

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Thank you and we wish you all the success with your own project.
We are not starting from scratch here for Atlantic Warfare since a lot of assets are already done.

And the latest advanced in technology and unity expansion make a lot of task much more easier then 2 years ago.

Late fall will show some in game footage.

Good Luck Hans and team,

Trying to do the same..

lets see if we can get both our projects up and running..

All the best

Steve

O_Smiladon
Old 09-15-13, 05:43 PM   #6
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
Have you thought of utilizing Steams Greenlight program, or at least looking into it?

I do not know the requirements, but it may help with funding .

I will be following the progress of this, as naval sims are rare, and seeing as there is a passion here, I can see great things.

Naval sims are a dying niche, I can only support a genre I enjoy.

Best of luck, sir.
Thank soopaman and yes we are aware of steam but they take a 30% markup if i remember correctly and we prefer to try our luck with a good promotional campaign by reaching website communities.

And you are right naval Sim are not common these days but we have a different approach that might bring back some popularity into the genre.

Just take the example of Ship simulator, they sale more than 650,000 copy so far and there is not much to do in that except to go from one harbor to another and the graphic are way beyond most triple AAA title. So if they can be successful with this kind of game i think we have a pretty good chance to have at least the same amount in sales.

One thing is sure is that we have a very capable team with all the necessary knowledge and resources to deliver such a Sim.

We also have a vision on the long term to make the Sim even better with expansions and we will update and patch anything that need to be done for the players to enjoy.

Regards the Atlantic Warfare team

Old 09-15-13, 05:47 PM   #7
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Good luck! I'll try to donate as much as I can on kickstarter, but I don't have that much.
Old 09-15-13, 05:48 PM   #8
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Smiladon View Post
Good Luck Hans and team,

Trying to do the same..

lets see if we can get both our projects up and running..

All the best

Steve

O_Smiladon
Thank my friend, all the best and total success for your project
With a very passionate and talented team members sky is almost the limit.

Old 09-15-13, 05:53 PM   #9
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Good luck! I'll try to donate as much as I can on kickstarter, but I don't have that much.
Thank a lot Cybermat and even a single dollar will help us since 1 dollar from a million person is 1 million dollars after all.

Keep in mind that all our pledge package will give you something in return so it is not like most funding campaign where people out of the blues ask public fund and give nothing back.

Once the website&forum are done all the info in detail will be clearly seen on site.

Old 09-16-13, 05:42 PM   #10
hellfish6
Seaman

Downloads: 23

I'd definitely support this project. May I suggest some digital-only options for backer rewards? So many kickstarters offer t-shirts and toys and crap. I'd much rather have something in the game with more of the money going into game development rather than physical rewards that I'll never wear/use.

I dunno - maybe you can give backers a great gunnery officer or watchstander for his/her crew. Far more useful to me, as a person who wants to play this game, than a t-shirt.
Old 09-16-13, 07:19 PM   #11
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfish6 View Post
I'd definitely support this project. May I suggest some digital-only options for backer rewards? So many kickstarters offer t-shirts and toys and crap. I'd much rather have something in the game with more of the money going into game development rather than physical rewards that I'll never wear/use.

I dunno - maybe you can give backers a great gunnery officer or watchstander for his/her crew. Far more useful to me, as a person who wants to play this game, than a t-shirt.
Hi hellfish,

Thank for supporting Atlantic Warfare and i hear you regarding kickstarter t-shirt, coffee cup, silicone breast rewards!

We absolutely don't plan to offer irrelevant rewards but exactly the kind of rewards you are talking about.

I am currently working on the pledges package and many ideas are in the air at the moment like exclusive content for the various pledges package.

I will keep your proposition in mind since i like the idea of including veteran crew for various battle stations that could give you an edge in battle and they could have a personalize badge that differentiate them from standard crew.

Customize camo skins will also be part of some package for the various battleships.

All package will also include various amount of renown points that will give people access to the forum special section where they will be able to buy different GUI,skins,custom models and many more but all related to game content. The renown will play a very big role in all game aspect and we are looking at some game mechanics that could link that renown to the forum renown points

The only reward that will probably be in some package not relevant to in game content will be like the beautiful IXC u-boat original plate made by Gabriel since this plan was made by him and it lead the Ubisoft headquarter to start the Studio in Bucharest to start the Silent hunter 3 production.
This plan will come on a nice quality paper roll in an elegant cylindrical container and will be sign by all the Atlantic Warfare team.

Since i am currently working on the pledges package i welcome any new idea that you guy's would really like to see for Atlantic Warfare.

Old 09-16-13, 08:25 PM   #12
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Wait a minute! You mean I can't get the silicone breasteses?

Go for it Hans! I'll be there to support you anyway!

Old 09-16-13, 09:32 PM   #13
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post

Wait a minute! You mean I can't get the silicone breasteses?

Go for it Hans! I'll be there to support you anyway!
Hi mate,

Sorry to disappoint but our silicone breast supplier went out of business recently!
And thank for supporting the project because we will need to press every bit of juice from the tiny naval Sim fans community remaining in this world of dumb down cheap rpg.

Regards Hans

Old 09-16-13, 09:54 PM   #14
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Awesome
Old 09-16-13, 10:25 PM   #15
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115