SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-07, 08:02 AM   #1
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] RetroNavMapTools - Jiims NavMapTools - Aces Colored Menu Bar (Combined)

Hello All,

I really prefer the old SH3 menu for the NavMap Tools and zAmboni brought it back to us for SH4 with his 'Retro NavMap Tools' mod. I also prefer Jimm's NavMapTools v1.3(made for SH3) compared to SH4's defaults. And I like colors as opposed to black and white, so I threw in Aces Colored Menu Bar which has nice pastel colors.

I converted Jiim's tools to SH4, and with zAmboni's permission for Retro NavMap Tools(sliding drop-down version) I combined all three of these mods into one. None of this is my own work but I hope you enjoy it!

Download here: RetroNavMapTools_Jiims-NavMapTools-v1.3_Aces-Colored-Menu-Bar.7z

Installation:

7-Zip compressed archive utilty found here... http://www.7-zip.org/

Made to be installed with JSGME found here... http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

Intall JSGME into SH4 and run it once and close it out. It will create a 'MODS' folder inside SH4. Unzip this mod into the MODS folder created by JSGME. Run JSGME and use it to activate the mod and enjoy!

Notes:

- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER MODS THAT MODIFY THE 'menu_1024_768.ini' file.

- If you prefer black and white for the sliding drop-down navmap tools menu then you can delete the following file within the mod...

Data\Menu\Gui\MapTools.dds

- From the Readme below for Nav Map tools v1.3.... If you want to use the protractor with normal markings (top:0, bottom:180), move the 'Line.dds' file from the 'Documentation\Option-Ruler' folder to the 'Data/Menu/MouseCurs' folder within the mod.

- I believe with Jimm's NavMapTools there is no longer any use/need for the 'Tool Helper' function so I don't think it will do anything.

- From the Readme below for RetroNavTools... 'Ctrl+Eraser' is now the 'Erase All' function. There is also a tool-tip pop-up that tells you this if you hover your mouse over the Eraser.

"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 09:10 AM   #2
Sgian Dubh
Officer

Downloads: 0

Thank you!

I wasn't too thrilled with the 'new' look of the tools. I will definately be trying this out!
and in the darkness sink them.\"

with apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien
Sgian Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 09:49 AM   #3
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Thanks

The SHIV was Just eye candy,cluttered map.IMO
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 12:47 PM   #4
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

I hope it's works good for you guys when try it out.

Cheers
"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.
Old 03-26-07, 02:55 PM   #5
Marko_Ramius
Frogman

Downloads: 109

Ton of thanks The "stock" was so
Marko_Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 03:04 PM   #6
waste gate
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'm using your MOD now and it is much easier than the stock tools.
If you ge around to it is it possible to bring the same type of MOD to the Attack screen?

And can we increase the scroll speed for the current MOD and anything you may come up with for the Attack Screen?

Cheers
waste gate
Old 03-26-07, 03:55 PM   #7
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Hi guys. I'm glad to hear you like the MOD and are enjoying it!

Waste Gate,

If you read my Readme you'll see none of this is really my work. I'm not really all that much of a modder. zAmboni's mod was made for SH4 and I didn't even have to do anything to it. I just got his permission to include it. He deserves the real credit. Here's a link to his mod(which is a big part of this 'combined' mod)...

Retro Navmap Tools

For the other two things in this mod, Jiim and Aces are to be credited. All I did was convert the image formats to DXT5 .dds files for SH4 compatibility, and I had to mod SH4's 'mouse.cfg' file, and I based that upon the one Jiim did for SH3. Then I tested it real quick and packaged it up. That's about it. The best mod I ever did was all Photoshop work. A paint job of the Salt Lake City 2002 Olympics "Delta Soaring Spirit 'N864DA' 777-200" for the Pheonix Software Simulations 777 for Flight Simulator 2004. I'm real proud of that bird. I worked all day for eight days straight on it, and the PSS developers said it was "Outstanding".

Now, with that said, I'm not sure what it would take to get tools into the attack map. Some modding of the '1024x768.ini' file? Is that all it would take? I have looked over that file a few times and it's prety scary to me. Still, I have seen you and a number of other people asking for tools on the attack map and I must admit it's got me thinking about digging into it... :hmm:

Although it it does have me thinking I certainly wouldn't count on anything from me regarding tools for the attack map if I were you. You might ask zAmboni in his mod thread tho!! If I decide 'attempt' to tackle it I'll be sure and let you know though.

Cheers
Old 03-26-07, 05:14 PM   #8
waste gate
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks for the heads up OneTinSoldier!
Old 03-26-07, 09:12 PM   #9
rosyblue
Nub

Downloads: 40

I'm poor at english sorry. I want to know about menu...ini files. just numbers with zone. How act these numbers in the game?
rosyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 08:25 AM   #10
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

Hi,

I'm sorry rosyblue, I'm not sure what it is you're asking or how to help you. :hmm:
Old 03-27-07, 08:38 PM   #11
zAmboni
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Waste gate --
I'm not sure what you mean about the scroll speed, are you talking about the speed the menu drops down from the hidden spot? I'm not sure how to do that, I think that may be hard coded in the game.

As for modding the attack map, I didnt try to do anything here. I remember in SH3, I tried to mod the attack map to add all of the tools that are in the nav map. I was never able to get it to work, and gave up in SH3 assuming that it was impossible to do. I figure the same applies in SH4

rosyblue --
I think I understand what you are asking, maybe I can help ya out. I am not fully confident in my interpretaton of the zone line, but I will try to explain.

SH3 used the Pos= line to assign where the element was placed on the screen. I believe because SH4 has different screen resolutions, this doesnt work since the Pos= line only works correctly because the game was at a set 1024,768 resolution. In SH4 they are using the Zone command which gives flexibility on where things are placed, and can be used on different resolutions.

In SH4 the Pos= line APPEARS TO BE MEANINGLESS, IT DOES NOTHING....so you can ignore it.

Here is what I learned from modding about the Zone= line. For an example I will use the line:

Zone= 1024 768 392 57 0 1 0x31000000 1 0.00129998 0x31010000 -1 0 -17 0

This line can be broken down into 6 different elements...like this (the | divides up the elements)

Zone= Zone= 1024 768 | 392 57 | 0 1 | 0x31000000 1 0.00129998 | 0x31010000 -1 0 | -17 0

Taking them one by one this is my interpretation of the elements.

1024 768 = Beginning position of the entire menu element. As far as I can tell it is for informational purposes only. Changing the value does nothing with the position of the element within the page. (NOTE: In my navmaptools mod I was lazy with this value, dont use the values here for where it should be on the map).

392 57 = width and height of the menu element.

0 1 = I have no clue what these two elements are for.

0x31000000 1 0.00129998 = a) 0x31000000 is the Parent ID, and this portion tells just where the menu element starts within the Parent ID. b) the 1 is the X position where the menu element starts, and is in the form of (x position/1024.....1024/1234=1), c) the 0.00129998 is the Y position of the menu element start (y position/1024.......1/768=0.00129998) So in effect the initial placement of this element is in the position 1024, 1.....i.e. the top right of the screen.

0x31010000 -1 0 ---- This part basically tells you how to place the menu element with respect to the initial position determined above. a) 0x31010000= item ID b) -1 = count pixels to the left c) 0 = count pixels down

-17 0 = x, y offset for the menu element. Here this means it is offset 17 pixels to the left, and 0 pixels down.

I hope you followed that
Old 03-27-07, 10:40 PM   #12
Old Dog
Torpedoman

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 1

I like it, I like it. Thanks very much.

Old Dog
Old Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 04:42 AM   #13
OneTinSoldier
Sonar Guy

I'm glad you came to the rescue! Thanks zAmboni.
Old 04-06-07, 04:16 PM   #14
oldgoatsboats
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I love it, thank you very much. I was hoping we could Jim's tools into the game. This really makes a difference.

Do you think there's any chance of adding the nomograph to the package? Currently they are not compatible since they both change the 1024 x 768 ini file.
Old 04-06-07, 05:04 PM   #15
CyberOps
Helmsman

Downloads: 56

can this please be made compatible with the new stopwatch located at the following topic ?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=110871

I would love to use both
CyberOps is offline   Reply With Quote