SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-05-07, 12:17 PM   #1
Skweetis
Watch Officer

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default [RELEASED] - SH3Weather Update 1.5

RELEASED!!! LINKS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST!!!

Hi All,

Im back after a long break, the birth of my son last year has demanded much of my time. This resulted in some neglect of the SH3Weather application, which I have corrected now for the upcoming release.

Here is a list of what has been changed for version 1.5

- Adjustment of random weather values/intervals based on personal testing, user suggestions and positive feedback of the GWX default weather settings.
- Implemented full installation package.
- Corrected issue with WINDRAND= key being removed from scenario files if October or November are selected for patrol month. (thanks to Lurker_hlb3 for finding this one)

**Additional features ONLY available when used with SH3Commander 2.6 or greater**
- Read Month and Flotilla when launched via SH3Commander and select them automatically. User will still be able to manually configure weather through the SH3Weather 1.5 interface, but not month or flotilla.

Note: This program writes directly to specific values in your campaign (*.mis) files rather than overwrite the entire file itself, and therefore is compatable with any mod(s) that you may have installed. Source code for the SH3Weather program (written in Visual Basic 6 SP6) is freely available to anyone who PM's me for it, PROVIDED NO PART OF THE CODE OR PROGRAM IS USED FOR COMMERCIAL/FINANCIAL GAIN. SH3Weather is provided free of charge, with no warranties or guarantees, express or implied.

Jscones has also been generous in offering to host the SH3Weather program on his site, as has Mr_Chris via FileFront, so the new version will be easier for most users to get than the current RapidShare option. The addresses for download will be made available when the release is built.

Also, please PLEASE PLEASE!!!! use this thread only to notify me of problems or suggestions with the version you are using. BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW WHICH VERSION IT IS!!!!

Thanks to all for your patience in my absence, and for the support and encouragement many of you have given me.

If you have any questions or support issues related to SH3Weather, you can PM me here at subsim.com

Thanks a million to Lurker_hlb3, TheLuckyOne17 and Jscones for their invaluable help in testing, troubleshooting and guidance in producing this upcomming version. Extra special thanks to Jscones and Mr_Chris for hosting!

DOWNLOADS:

Jonesoft: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...eather_1_5.exe Courtesy of Jscones.

FileFront: http://files.filefront.com/Setup_SH3Weather_1_5exe/;6612411;;/fileinfo.html Courtesy of Mr_Chris.

Cheers,

James

Last edited by Skweetis; 01-25-07 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Update
Skweetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 12:30 PM   #2
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Look forward to it, thanks.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 12:33 PM   #3
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Hi, looking forward to the new version!!!

Just wondering if you have happened to notice this post:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=103091?

I have been having this issue as well, and I am wondering (assuming SH3 Weather is the issue) has it been corrected?

Again, thanx for the excellent work.
rudewarrior is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 12:34 PM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Sounds good mate...and congrats on you family addition

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 12:57 PM   #5
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

If you use SH3 manually rather than through SHCommander, will this work if you have multiple installs.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 01:04 PM   #6
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

You can start SH3 weather on its own
If you have SH3commander it starts it for you

Either way you can use it

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 01:53 PM   #7
Skweetis
Watch Officer

Actually, this issue about save game crashes.... I wonder, those of you that are having it: are you saving when in the vicinity of a large convoy? I have in the past (in fact from the beginning of SH3's release) had issues where I was unable to load a save that was made while attacking or trailing a large convoy.

Just curious if these are the same circumstances under which others are experincing this problem, especially with how most of the major mods do increase the size of convoys (and by no fault of their own..) the SH3 save engine cannot handle that many objects when saving....

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Jamie

PS - Damn, im gone for a spell, come back, and I have the accursed Medic as my avatar.... *shudders*

Last edited by Skweetis; 01-05-07 at 02:40 PM.
Skweetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 06:31 PM   #8
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skweetis
Additional features ONLY when used with SH3Commander 2.7 or greater
- Read Month and Flotilla when launched and select them automatically. User will still be able to manually configure weather, but not month or flotilla.
Really looking forward to this - I actually started passing the necessary parameters to SH3Weather back in R2.6 (when the feature was first added), hoping that you'd modify it to read and use them.

Anything that makes it easier for players.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 06:44 PM   #9
Skweetis
Watch Officer

Fixed the version compatability, thanks for the heads up J!

Im dillegently getting back into this, and resolving this crash issue... interesting that the different MIS files make a difference, as I always thought the MIS weren't read on save load.

There seems to be a pattern there with wind and Fog being 0 for the "corrupted" campaign files.

For reference, the log file contains the values written to the campain files as follows:

Now, Clouds, Rain, Fog, WindSpeed, WindDir, CloudsRand, PrecipRand, FogRand, WindRand, Interval, SelectedMonth, Season, InMedSea <==Edit: removed PHP tags for better readability

That's snipped directly from the code that writes the log entry.

Thanks for the additional info Lucky, we'll get to the bottom of this.

James
Old 01-05-07, 06:50 PM   #10
Hartmann
Sea Lord

Downloads: 204

Downloading now

thanks

She is made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can. and she will. It is a mathematical certainty.

Strength and honor
Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 07:00 PM   #11
Skweetis
Watch Officer

Lucky,

Is that log posting a cut and paste job? or did you type it in manually?

The reason I ask, is that the first line in the log, which also happens to correspond with the "Corrupted" campaign entries you posted, the interval value is "1 1", this should be "11", I am curious where the space is comming from, and if it is somehow being generated by the program, that may be what is causing the problem....

Let me pick apart the code...

Ill be back.

James
Old 01-05-07, 07:06 PM   #12
theluckyone17
Captain

Downloads: 103

Erg.

The SH3Weather.log content is a copy & paste job, but I verified it from the original log files, and the space is not there. Must've slapped a space in there somehow either pasting it in afterwards, or editing (or maybe the cat walked across the keyboard when my back was turned... yeah, that's it! Blame it on the cat!).

I dug a little deeper... started with the corrupted campaign files, and started changing those values until I found out what SH3 was complaining about.

Line 18, which should be the WindSpeed line... if I changed that value from 0 to 3, leaving everything else the same, SH3 loads that saved game without a problem. Since the working campaign files generated by SH3Weather didn't complain about the 6, I assume any positive, non-zero value will work here. Change it to 0, and I betcha SH3 complains.

That help at all?
theluckyone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 07:23 AM   #13
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skweetis
THIS UPDATE IS IN BETA TESTING, AND NOT RELEASED YET. RELEASE IS SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 20th, 2007
Are you still planning a 1/20 release? About to start a new career but I'll hold off if this is still on schedule.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 09:25 AM   #14
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

It's the 20th. Where is it?
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 03:10 PM   #15
_Gabriel_
Mate

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod
It's the 20th. Where is it?
THIS UPDATE IS IN BETA TESTING, AND NOT RELEASED YET. RELEASE IS SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 20th, 2007.

Sounds for me, they hope to release it till that day, you all should remember Duke Nukem Forever "When its done"

Greetings

Gabriel
_Gabriel_ is offline   Reply With Quote