SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-08, 01:38 PM   #1
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11
Default [REL] Radar Range and Bearing Lines

This works with 1.4, I can't say for sure if it works with 1.5, as i don't have it installed. This is a selection of two mods, the first will add bearing lines in 10 degree increments to supplement the bearing lines already there. The second mod will add the bearing lines and also a set of 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% range rings.

The texture files for the bearing numbers and lines in the unmodified game are a bit of a mystery as to where it lives. If anyone knows, please let me know. Because of this, I have left the original bearing numbers in place. I've changed the A-Scope pixel shader and substantially changed the PPI scope pixel shader to get this mod to work, but I don't think there will be any issues. I will be working on removing the stock bearing numbers and getting more historically accurate bearing numbers around the outside, but this may take some time.

LukeFF provided techincal information on how the radars worked and also requested that the lines remain visible on the SJ radar when the set is switched off, so this is what happens. I also tried to make the radar beam a bit less jagged, not entirely sure I have managed it though.

Here are some screenshots, both have targets at a range of approimately 2,000, 4,000 and 6,000. I've also made the contacts smaller to match the pictures of working radar I have seen.

First, bearing lines only. First image is set switched on, second is set switched off.

Second mod, bearing lines and range rings at 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. First image is set switched on, second is set switched off.

If anyone would like this mod,

Bearing lines only (more accurate historically)
http://files.filefront.com/Nisgeis+B.../fileinfo.html

Bearing line and range rings
http://files.filefront.com/Nisgeis+R.../fileinfo.html

There's any number of ways I might have screwed up packaging this, as I've not done this before, but it should be JSGME compatible.

Last edited by Nisgeis; 04-05-08 at 02:36 PM.
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote