SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-04-17, 04:00 PM   #1
Paul4763
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Looking for some help/tips/mods, etc!

Hi all,

I picked up SH3 on Steam a few weeks ago and have racked up about 12 hours on it. Most of that has been practising manual torpedo aiming at 100% realism and testing mods. So I'm running SH3 on Steam with GWX 3.0 and Commander. My issues belows:

1. There's a mod I saw on YouTube where the sub and torpedoes had text above them when going into the free camera view. Does anyone know what this it? I like to watch my torpedoes fly and this mod would be cool but I can't find it.

2. SH3 Commander seems to crash the game. I setup my career, go to my first patrol and it'll crash on the load screen. Any thoughts on this? Although I understand it could be anything!

3. The type IIA seems have vanished when starting new campaigns I like using that one as it's a very beginner U-boat. Yet now when starting campaigns the the type VIIB is auto selected with ni option for the IIA. Any help here would be useful.

4. My torpedo hit rate is rather small. I can get them close but it's alwyas slightly off. One of the issues I have is estimating range in rough seas, it's practically impossible to get a good estimation. Any tips here would be useful.

5. GWX has you start in August 1, 1939. Yet the war hasn't started and so not really sure what to do here?

Thanks! Just a noobie learning the ropes.
Old 03-04-17, 04:46 PM   #2
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Welcome to Subsim. I am glad what 14 year old game still gets new players.
I will try to answer your questions

1. I am not 100% sure, but I think text over torpedo is multiplayer feature.

2. Have you installed this http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147567 its required to install this. In order to play GWX WITH COMMANDER.

5. You can change starting date of the campaign in commander program near the flotillas.

What's your mod list? JGSME

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-17, 06:24 PM   #3
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

As far as aiming and hitting your target goes, the AOB of the target, and its speed are what matters most, not range. Range gives you a time for the torp to hit. If your AOB or speed are off a little... you will miss your target. In rough seas it can be hard to get a good speed. In poor visibility your AOB estimation will be off. It takes practice.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote