SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-08, 01:34 PM   #301
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

Man, talk about immersion! This fantastic! Big thanks to Rubini, Privateer, and all alse who worked on this! You guys are incredible.
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 01:38 PM   #302
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 117

Rubini! What a fantastic mod this is!!! A had a very big laugh when I navigated to the lifeboats and heard the help cries. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
rik007 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 02:05 PM   #303
Kitzbuell
Mate

Location: Birthplace of the American Navy and Marine Aviation
Downloads: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer
I'm quite ok with that Bruce.

Now pardon me whilst I do my Silly walk to the fridge Bruce!
:rotfl:
I must get a drink and prepare for the Village Idiot Competitions!

I lost out last year!!
I was only 2nd place!
"How long is it?"

"That's a rather personal question!"
Kitzbuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 02:21 PM   #304
Kitzbuell
Mate

Location: Birthplace of the American Navy and Marine Aviation
Downloads: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitzbuell
It is a shame that the original developers failed to invest the same time and energy to detail that creates such a total environment of immersion.
If the original developers had invested the same time and energy that the modders have, the game would still not be released today.

It's a fact that no matter how much work they put into it, there is always going to be more that could have been done. And don't forget; if not for those developers there would be no game to mod.
Kind of like "Pirates of the Burning Seas", eh Steve? I have seen your point made in other posts before and can't argue (note the SH3 enthusiasts panting away impatiently here for this MOD alone). If not for the absences in the original game software, I would never have become such an ardent viewer of these SH forums and acquainted with all of the skillful and talented MODders and gamers that contribute so very much here.

So, it isn't all negative (except for the lack of sleep it causes so many of us). :rotfl:

If only I had a fraction of their abilities ... I wouldn't object to being a demi-god in comparison to Rubini's status.
Kitzbuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 02:50 PM   #305
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Tested it earlier this day...and man, what a feeling!
I was torn between cheering (Sunk a Large Merchant) and weeping as i spotted them in the Periscope!:hmm:

Great modding there Mates!!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 03:01 PM   #306
Maverick30
Watch

Downloads: 18

Fantastic mod! É uma pérola que se junta ao GWX. Excelente!
100% Realism
Manual targeting
Manual Navigation
Maverick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 03:15 PM   #307
KptLt Lindemann
Loader

Downloads: 27

Man that was spooky

The elation after sinking a large freighter...and then spotting the bodies floating in the water and the survivors in the liferafts crying for help. Very mixed feelings...

Brilliant modding
KptLt Lindemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 03:20 PM   #308
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murr44
Well it's not working for me & I'm sick of trying to get it...
Did you use JSGME?

If you did, click on the folder named "LifeBoats&Debris_v2_A".

You should see a folder marked "Data" and another one called "Optional". Just enable the mod in JSGME and you're set.

Even if it is installed correctly you will only see survivors about 50-60% of the time, it seems. From my limited testing, sometimes I will have about 3-4 sinkings in a row with no rafts or debris. Ships that are broken in two will never release debris, and ships that explode or sink quickly seem less likely to have survivors. Just like in real life, strangely enough.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 03:22 PM   #309
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik007
Rubini! What a fantastic mod this is!!! A had a very big laugh when I navigated to the lifeboats and heard the help cries. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"HEEELP!" "HELP ME!"

That was a very nice touch.
Old 04-27-08, 06:09 PM   #310
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just sunk two small merchants after a long surface battle. This is a great mod for immersion, the scene after the ships sunk was just brilliant. I even stopped to interrogate the captain, then gave them some food, water, a compass and a bearing back to blighty.

Thanks lads from one very happy bunny
Old 04-27-08, 06:40 PM   #311
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
Just sunk two small merchants after a long surface battle. This is a great mod for immersion, the scene after the ships sunk was just brilliant. I even stopped to interrogate the captain, then gave them some food, water, a compass and a bearing back to blighty.

On my installation, small merchants almost always break up when they are torpedoed. The ship halves don't release any debris, when they sink, which means no survivors. Perhaps the files could be modified to change this.
Old 04-27-08, 07:18 PM   #312
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber

On my installation, small merchants almost always break up when they are torpedoed. The ship halves don't release any debris, when they sink, which means no survivors. Perhaps the files could be modified to change this.
Yes, you are right. I forgotten to put a warning about this: if the ships breaks in two, then in 95% of times you will not see nothing after it sink. This is another Sh3 engine stock bug. But when we make the elegant version of the mod (the one where the LB will appears before the ship sinks0 this will be also solved automatically because they will be not more attached to the debris itself, but to the ship body itself .
Old 04-27-08, 07:25 PM   #313
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Good job Rubini.

@iambecomelife: if you send me the problematic obj-file I will have a look. I don't think it's a problem with S3D, I suspect it's a small bug in the character model(s) (invisible/tiny face(s) or something like that).
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-08, 07:30 PM   #314
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Good job Rubini.

@iambecomelife: if you send me the problematic obj-file I will have a look. I don't think it's a problem with S3D, I suspect it's a small bug in the character model(s) (invisible/tiny face(s) or something like that).
Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of the boat, still empty for the time being - basically, a naval launch swiped from the SH4 "Clemson" class and modified. Like the rest of the debris it seems to respond very well to the SH3 wave physics. I don't like the skin & will try to re-UV map it later.

Old 04-27-08, 07:56 PM   #315
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Good job Rubini.

http://files.filefront.com/Lifeboat+.../fileinfo.html

Here it is.